SpiritWolfe

• The Plagued Earth •

user posted image

"Kuwai! Kuwai! Kuwai okay! Yay! Why you hurt? What happen? Me no know, me see Kuwai ground hurt. Big-blue Hatchling help Kuwai." the Red said. Well, now Kurai knew what had happened. Aysu had helped him, like he hoped for. But what caused the choking?

Kurai was regaining energy quickly, but still didn't have enough to even sit up. Lifting his head took a good amount out of him. But he lifted his head, just to get a view of his surroundings. He was laid out next to the pool, and his left forepaw was almost in it. His red friend was standing close to his head. The purple was closer to his tail. Aysu and another blue dragon with fins were in the pool. Kurai's attention was quickly drawn to the Purple, who seemed to be trying to converse with his Red friend.

"He...hu...hurt? Bl....bla....all....ri-ight? No....tri...tro...tro-ble?" the scary-ish purple said as he sat down. Kurai shuddered slightly (or so the thought) as the hatchling stared intently at them. "Yes. I fine... I think. There no trouble. But... Why did I get hurt?" Kurai asked. Just then, his attention was drawn to the pool. The smaller blue hatchling has leapt out of the pool with a tiny screech, which cut a bit from it coughing. Aysu seemed concerned about it. Unable to lift his head any longer, he let it fall back onto the ground as he watched Aysu and the smaller blue hatchling.

user posted image

Skylene raised her head, carefully attentive to Kalana's every word. Stories, particularly dramatic ones, were of great pleasure to her ears. She could let situations play out in her mind, imagining both the big and little details, and applying them to a scenic backdrop. It was no fun to simply listen; experiencing the anecdote gave for a greater understanding.

However, the Blusang found herself somewhat unsatisfied when the Striped ended. The story wasn't as impactful or stirring as she had hoped. Perhaps, she wondered, the buildup was too grand, failing to meet her unusually high expectations. Nevertheless, a spark of interest had formed inside her, and she had plenty to say.

"I see...I sorta do remember that attack, though my memory is hazy, fogged. Poor Rein, she's always in trouble. You looking after her is a good thing. As long as someone cares for her."

In an act of uncertainty, Skylene shifted her eyes upwards to the barely visible sky, fidgeting her tail, though eventually settled down. She wasn't sure if it was fair to her friend to say what she wanted to about him, but she figured it would never reach anyone else's ears.

"But Favian? Acting that way? Maybe he didn't mean it, to hurt her, but still. That's not really what I'd expect. Perhaps he's changed, the stress got to him, the stress of being in charge of the others. Possessed, briefly, possibly." She looked over at the narrow and meandering tunnel to her left before continuing, "If I get the chance, I will definitely confront him about this. Maybe. His behavior seems interesting. Light interrogation. Maybe that would work, get him to talk...though that might not end well. But I'm getting ahead of myself, we should go now. I think we've seen enough roots and dirt for today, and I'm getting hungry. Hopefully the fish aren't too scarce."

~

user posted image

After a minute of running carelessly through the forest, Aerix was forced to let up beside a tree. Exhausted and lungs in need of oxygen, his eyes searched the area around him for possible prey.

There has to be some food around here, unless those idiots already took everything.....

The attempt ended up useless; not even a small rodent was noticeable to the Bleeding Moon. He had been fed up already, and this failure did not help his temper. He instinctively tried pummeling the tree next to him, but he didn't have the energy to even do it properly. He stopped in mere seconds, seeing he was doing more damage to himself than to the tree.

Ugh, why do I even bother?.....My feet are covered in dirt, my back is burning, and I need food.....this day has been censorkip.gif.....

Aerix slumped against the tree, bark scraping his back. He felt defeated, lost in his mission. To fight back against the pain was his desire, to sprint through the forest with ease, and to hunt the largest of animals. But now he had to acknowledge that it was only a dream, and that staying alive was of greater importance.

(OOC: Little bump from Friday)

user posted image

Azre struggled to find words and reply to Maybe-Scary-Hatchling. She had been comfortable in the fact that he couldn't speak, but wouldn't do anything mean either. Now she had to find a new way to define him in her mind, a new way to act around him. But what he said had more meaning. He was a kind creature. His concern for Kurai showed that. He was asking if there was trouble, wondering if the Black hatchling was hurt. As Azre opened her mouth to try and reply, another voice rang out, instantly relieving the Sunstone of her worries. Kurai was fine. "Kuwai fine, yay! Kuwai fine, me happy." And she was. If Azre had more coordination, she might've done a little dance. She didnt know what compelled her. In her mind, her own survival was most important, not friends, or the survival of others. But somehow, in the short time she had been alive, "friendship" had worked itself into Azre's weak mind.

Edited by KoalaNoob

user posted image

Lou creeped along the surface of the ground. Up ahead of the tinny Tinsel was a large rat. This rat was a dark metallic gray and was just as big as she was. Lou took small breaths. She was scared and that fed her ferocity. She needed to act tough to impress these other dragons so that they won't harm her. First thing first, she had to kill this rat. Lou tensed her muscles and scratched the ground with her paws. The bronze dragon lurched herself on the back of the huge rodent and started to tear through its skin with her teeth. The battle between the two was nothing more than a huge ball of teeth, claws, gray hair, and some bronze coloring to the "ball".

Lou looked down at the animal she just killed. Her breathing was fast and quick. She shrugged her shoulders. Oh well, at least she could eat it. What if it will kill me? May be it is infected with a disease? Lou shook her head and began to tear into it hungrily. The disease won't affect her much. Dragons don't get sick that easy.

Edited by Lothuialel

((I am so, so sorry if none of this makes sense. I got sick and took a lot of Dayquil which makes words strange.))

Scaled eyebrows knit together at the sharp, harsh noises uttered from the throats of the other dragons. The hurt on the lindwurm's faces deepened, and shadows crept over their once-happy features. Doubt, sharp and bitter, wormed into their minds. Something hard lumpy rose in their throats, and tears misted their crimson eyes. The golden hatchling, its cruel face glittering in the sunlight, scrambled off of the opalescent hatchling. Swirls of pungent fear diffused into the air, tinging the breeze with uncertainty.

With a sharp twist of coiled muscles, they flipped themselves upright. Claws flexed against the churned up ground, and twin heads tilted in unison. The verbal exchange between the two other hatchlings ended abruptly, but daggersharp gazes still cris-crossed the air. Another noise, resigned and soft, fluttered from the lips of the purple hatchling like a dying butterfly. The tension withered. The lindwurm watched the two hatchlings, innocent eyes blinking in the dappled shadows. One of them, the purple one, lay down. More sounds dripped from its jaws. The two-headed hatchling snuffed the air, and slithered carefully over to the seated dragon. A head trilled sadly, softly, in greeting. The other head worked its jaws, and strung out a simple phrase. "Y-youu arnnot hurt? Sad? Mad? We did it to you?"

---

"Y-yeah, I'm fine." the Waterhorse stuttered, his eyes gleaming in the darkness. "Some of that stuff just-" he shuddered, his shoulders quivering. "It touched me and I freaked." He sighed, tucked in his lanky feet, and drifted to the bottom. "Sorry." He shook himself off like a dog, the frill on his head flapping in the chilly water. He sighed again. Wobble squeezed his eyes shut, trying to block out the memory of the slimy touch of the diseased fish. Another shiver traveled up his spine, and he grimaced. His eyes snapped open, and he stared up at Kirk. The whites of his eyes shone in the water, and fear crept into his expression. "I think we need to talk to whatsherface, the healer one. With the feathers. That fish was messed up big time and I think it might have been sick."

---

Uh.. umm

Bathory stuttered, her thoughts scattered and fragmented. She couldn't think with all the noise in her brain, the reverberating voices, the intrusion. She felt herself slipping silently to the floor, the soft scales of her belly scratched by the gravelly rock.

I- I'm sorry, Spira. Can't you just tal-talk to me?

user posted image

Feather smiled awkwardly, unsure what to think of Hibiki. He was a good friend, nice and funny, but incredibly strange as well. "Uh... No! No problem at all! You didn't do anything too strange... Sort of..." The silver dragon honestly hoped that Hibiki wouldn't be too offended, but she had to be honest as well, right? Besides, Hibiki wasn't one to get offended and hold a grudge. He seems kinda nervous though..." "Do you know where we are? I just remember a bear, and hide and seek, and curling up under a bush to sleep. Are we lost? Being lost sounds scary, but fun at the same time. Like an adventure!"

Edited by KoalaNoob

user posted image

Favian couldn't help but feel a twinge of sympathy at the hatchling's question. It could barely talk, but yet, it had the decency to ask if he was alright despite the fact that it had just been attacked.

I'm pretty sure this hatchling has more heart than half of the newborns in birth cave.

It was true, this hatchling was nicer than some of the other hatchlings in the birth cave. Most of the newborns Favian knew were either extremely shy, overly friendly, or very hyper. All of them wanted to throw caution to the wind and go out and explore the world. Favian would of been much more okay with this if people actually paid attention to where the newborns went. But no, not a single soul seemed to care where the newborns wandered. The result of this neglect led to hatchlings, like the one in front of Favian, running off into the night and ending up heavily malnourished. Now seeing the lindwurm close up, Favian can see the outlines of the hatchling's bones and the ridged parts of the muscles. Tears no longer flowed done the hatchling's face, but its scales were stained with the salty liquid.

"No, little one, you shouldn't worry," Favian cooed, letting the words roll gently off his tongue. "You've done nothing wrong. Nothing at all. Care not for me, you're in far worse condition than I could ever dream of." The hatchling's face was still stained with its glistening tears. Small drops were still formed on the base of the hatchling's cheek. Carefully, Favian wiped away the wetness gently from the hatchling's face. He let his talons caress the rough and ill looking scales. Such a soul should never be thrown out into a world like this.

I dare say whoever let this hatchling wander off into the night will feel claws of language rake down their sides before the night is up.

user posted image

"Kiska," Kirk said, speaking of the healer's name. "I spoke to her briefly after I hatched. It's funny really, she had to be coaxed to even talk to us. Sera had to-" Kirk's voice was cut off by the name of the deceased. He swallowed the rest of his words as he felt pain sting his heart. He didn't want to remember the angel of shining gold. He didn't want to remember her face. No, he did want to remember. He just couldn't. Every time her thought about the Sunsong, every single bloody time, all he saw was her perfect face, gleaming in the sunlight with the corners of her mouth twitched upward, stained in sticky red blood. Kirk never wanted to remember his friend as a rotten corpse torn like a rag doll between a bear's teeth and claws. He wanted to remember her glory, the neatness of her movements and her gentle and caring voice. He didn't want to imagine her body turning into a discolored heap of mass with blood drizzled all over it-

"Oh god," Kirk whispered as he grasped for his mouth. He felt his dinner lurching up his throat. Kirk savagely swallowed it back down and felt the burning sensation of the residue of vomit in his throat.

"I haven't seen Kiska in a long while," Kirk said to Wobblefoot, doing his best to regain his composure. "Se- the land hatchlings told me that she lives off somewhere in the woods and rarely shows up anymore. If we want to meet up with a healer, we'll have to find someone else. Besides, I'm not sure if even Kiska could heal something tainted with that sort of sickness."

user posted image

Skylene seemed sympathetic, but unable to connect. Kalana was quite sure the advice she gave wouldn't help. Maybe it's because I didn't tell her how I'm afraid to go back to the cave because Rien might be mad at me... But I thought she would figure it out... I guess it felt good talking about it, though. I guess it helped... After telling Skylene her problem, though, Kalana just didn't have the energy to answer the rest of her questions. "Interrogation.. Yeah, interrogation might work." Except there's no point to it! "Let's go back up. You're right, I've had enough of dirt and roots as well." She doesn't understand at all. Not at all... Doesn't she get it? This isn't about Favian acting weird, because he isn't! He was just doing his best to take care of the cave, and that meant trying to stop Rien! I just... I just need a way to tell Rien I'm sorry, but I'm too much of a coward to do so...

user posted image

The two creatures seemed to react positively towards her and their words were more clear. The black one had asked a question about 'why' and 'hurt', and the red one was happy that the other was alright. Tilting her head, the Cavern Lurker hatchling blinked slowly at the black creature. After thinking over what it had said, the hatchling lowered herself to her belly and inched towards the black creature, eyes trained on its face. Her stance was meant to be apologizing, but she felt vulnerable in such a position.

Opening and closing her jaws, she flicked her tongue out and began to speak.

"I...no hurit. Yoou...pain biy....thingk. Blou giv...thingk. Stuok en...thrioat. Soss, pain aknd hurit tou yoou."

Licking her lips nervously, she stared at the black creature, tail twitching. This feeling of speaking to other creatures was...new and intimidating. She didn't know how she was supposed to communicate with them, so she wanted to take it all slow. The answer she had given the black creature wasn't complete, since she didn't know the real, full reason of why it had been in pain, but it was the best answer that she had.

user posted image

When the purple hatchling spoke, Kurai tried to make out the words, and did fairly well, but didn't understand some.

"I...no hurit." It didn't hurt me? Is that what it's saying? Well, I know that already, since nothing pushed me or anything... "Yoou...pain biy....thingk. Blou giv...thingk." The yummy thing Aysu gave me hurt me? But how...? "Stuok en...thrioat. Soss, pain aknd hurit tou yoou." ...Oh. It got stuck in my throat. That's how it hurt me.

Kurai didn't need much to fit it all together. The thing got caught in his throat, keeping him from breathing. He fell into the pool because he couldn't breathe, which made things worse, and then Aysu helped him. Kurai watched as the hatchling approached. It didn't look aggressive, but the way it stared at Kurai made him slightly uncomfortable. "Thanks. What's your name? I'm Kurai."

user posted image

Azre stumbled back a few steps when Mers approached; she hadn't confirmed whether he was scary or not. "Blue is Big-Fin? Big-Fin give thing? Thing stuck in... Throkt? What throkt? Pain hurt Kuwai?" Just then, the Sunstone's stomach gave a loud rumble, though the hatchling didn't know what it meant. "Throkt is rumble thing? Big-Fin thing stuck in Kuwai rumble thing? Kuwai okay now?" Azre was having a hard time saying "rumble" the "R" sound was hard to wrap her tongue around, harder than every sound she had tried to make before it. It was the sound she had tried to make when saying "Kurai", the sound she had failed at. Maybe I can use the same sound as Kuwai too? I should try it! "W-wokt. Tuh-wuh-okt. Tuh-wokt. Twokt. Thuh-wokt. Thwuk... Twokt." Yeah, that sounds about right! It's not perfect, but that should be okay. I thought I would be completely different but everyone's just like me! ...Just a little different.

Edited by KoalaNoob

user posted image

The black creature was watching her, though it didn't look too comfortable. The red creature was making a lot of noise, but the Cavern Lurker hatchling was more interested in the black creature. The next word it had used, this 'thanks', sounded rather...comforting. It then asked for her 'name', giving a word that she couldn't connect.

Tilting her head to the side and blinking slowly, eyes wide and slightly curious, she let the word it had given her roll off her tongue.

"K...Kurr...ai? Kurr...Kurai?"

Was this the black creatures 'name'? Was this what the black creature was, what it represented? More than a little curious, she glanced over at the red creature. It was speaking rapidly, as if it was trying to figure out something. Blinking at it, she caught one of the words it was using that she didn't believe that she understood.

"Tw...Twokt?"

Pulling herself up and sitting back, tail curled around her legs, the Cavern Lurker looked at both of the two creatures in front of her. The black one was now 'Kurai', while the red one seemed to be 'Twokt'.

Now, what was her 'name'?

Staring at the ceiling of rock, she flicked her tongue out and let her mind wander. What would she refer to herself as?

Gurgling in thought, she looked back at Kurai. Opening her mouth and flicking her tongue out, she tried to answer its question, letting sounds slide out of her throat and experimenting with the noises.

"Gr...Grmmm....Mmm? Me? Me....eeee....rk? Meeer.....k....Merrssss? Merssss? Mersss? Mers! Ki...I Mers!"

user posted image

Medea's eyes had slipped closed at some point in her sunbathing and fell into a light doze. The soft sound of the water in-front of her soothing her and the sounds of the woods around her not really bothering her. All conspiring to make sure she would have stayed to sleep if it had not been for the irritating spike of itchiness that jerked her out of her sleep. A few choice words were mumbled as her head jerked from her forelegs, but she refrained from digging her claws into her hind-leg just because she already learned it would just cause a mild burning sensation. Besides, it was already dulling off and she needed to get a move on anyways.'Guess that was my cue to find Aerix. Question is where he will be,', she silently mused to herself as she stretched. Well, either way she need food and she could always hunt for something while looking for the Bleeding Moon as well.

This in mind, Medea finally started to walk back into the more forested areas. She knew this general area would be the Birthing-Cave, but she was not aiming directly for it just yet and she really was hoping to avoid it all together. Her mind was partly preoccupied by wondering how she would go about hunting whatever she would come by. Her speed was not up to par as she was used to, add to her lack to abilities and she felt rather odd and much like a newborn all over again. Dark feeling of weakness creeped up on her before she shoved the feeling away. That was those at the Birthing-Cave, the ones who could not care for themselves. Not her!

Medea stopped, huffing at her own thoughts and glared at the ground between her forelegs. She'd just have to kill something for more than just nourishment now. Her pace once more picked up, but she tried to keep more silent about it so Medea could try to sneak up on any prey. Sounds caught her attention up ahead, but luck was not on her side as she could not see her prey past the blockade of shrubbery. Going though it to peek would just alert the prey and so would going around it most likely. Best option would be to jump the shrubbery and hope to land near or on her prey, give chase if needed. Hind-legs tensed as she readied herself to jump, pouncing over and clipping her 'prey' on her landing. Sending Medea to fall and wounder vaguely what in the world she had hit that was that hard.

((It can be Aerix? It is an opening for him I guess, but if you don't want it to be then let me know and I will let it be a boulder or something. Her pride will be shoot all to pieces. Also long post. You would think I am sick of typing today after finishing that essay/case study today.))

(This is so overdue. I am very sorry. There isn't really much else I can do but apologize... BUT, I hope that my life duties will begin to decay as I get more time to be on the forums. Probably not good for my health, but okay...)

user posted image

As Astra smelt a flower, Demetrio continued to look around in wonder at the forest. It was all so amazing! He felt as if he was meant to come here.

Flowers- another thing I didn't know about. Flowers... Grass... Trees... It's amazing how big the world really is! I can't wait to see where 'food' fits in.

He also thought he could see some creatures moving around in the treetops. Some of them were making chirps and warbles, others were chittering. They weren't the same, since some of them were flying... Or at least he assumed they were. He didn't know what flying quite was, but he knew it was in the air.

'Follow me! There's a lake in this direction, I think. And there is more likely to be animals around there.'

Demetrio nodded and followed Astra for about thirty seconds until he noticed a small clearing with some tall grass nearby and a brown thing on the ground, stained with red.

"Wait, what is that over there?"

Demetrio stopped walking and tried to get a better look at what it was by rearing on his hind legs. It didn't work that well, and he couldn't see any better.

"I'm going to go have a look."

He ran over to get a closer look at the thing. As he got closer, he became confused and frightened. He didn't understand what had happened here.

What happened here? What is this?

user posted image

Skylene nodded in response to Kalana, convinced that the two were on the same page. The lack of dissent made the Blusang confident that her previous words were completely reasonable. Their friendship allowed for honesty, and the circumstances around them had already proved it. Truth had been the cause for conversation in the very beginning, and the possibility of more truth had led them to the mess of tree roots in the dead of night. With all of the questions between the two answered, there was little reason for them not to hurry back and reach the above-ground. I can't wait to finally get out of here and see the daylight... she thought, slithering through the cramped and sinuous tunnels.

After cramming herself through the shelter's crevice with considerably less grace than when she had entered, Skylene yawned with exhaustion as she looked to the sky above them. Her eyes squinted at the sun's light, briefly forgetting how bright the rays were, before returning them to the familiar trees and bushes around her. She stretched her wings out before loosely flapping them, pleased to find them no longer restricted in the narrow passages. "About censorkip.gif time I got out here!" she exclaimed, before turning around to wait for Kalana.

(OOC: This post is terribly forced and terribly undetailed. Forgive me this once.)

Edited by Bacon_Strips

((I'm just like Rita now, coughing out my lungs all over the place =w= Sorry and thanks for waiting Chaos.))

user posted image

"If it meeeEEE-AAAans *COUGH COUGH* not being able to breathe *COUGH* YES! I do believe I'm choking!" Rita sputtered and hacked and even squirmed a bit in pain. Her head was hurting terribly and it felt like some invisible force was choking her. Rita didn't mean to sound so well, mean but there was really no other way for her to put it. Pressured by the pain and desperate for relief, Rita pleaded with teary eyes. "Help me… What's wrong with me?"

user posted image

"Liinneeeheeaarttt~!" Michiru called out cheerfully, "We got what you asked for and more! Where do we put it, its kinda heavy."

user posted image

He only gave a quick glance at his surroundings before replying, "Of course I know where we are silly! I may have a bad sense of direction from time to time, but not this place!" Hibiki got up and pranced around. "This is a mini home I made for myself last year! At the time I got this great idea, since I play in the forest all the time, why not make a home in it? So I dug near the base of the tree and so on! Well, not without help of course, but I forgot who exactly helped." Hibiki trips on a misplaced toy on the ground. "Ooof! Heheh, whoops." Hibiki picks up the toy with his paw and begins batting the ball attached to it. On closer inspection it looked like a toy hammer with a spike in the top middle and a shiny red ball attached with a hole in the ball.

Edited by Taleena Fuka

user posted image

'Wait, what is that over there?' 'Huh? What?' Astra replied. She was sniffing around but paused and stumbled through the overgrowth back to Demetrio. Upon seeing the rabbit, she took a step back, nearly fell over, picked herself up and wandered towards it. 'This?' she asked again, almost laughing. 'This is food.' She grinned in her own peculiar way, and wandered across the clearing towards it. She couldn't restrain herself any longer... she ran as fast as her stubby legs could carry her towards the carcass and tore it apart, with a slightly bigger amount for her. This she chomped down, almost laughing with relief. She wouldn't have to hunt after all! This was great! One of those little fast things, right here, dead, in front of them! She looked guiltily at the other hatchling for a minute, wondering if he was expecting an explanation, but forced it out of her mind and continued crunching down the rabbit, tearing it apart and swallowing each piece whole.

user posted image

Kurai giggled at the Red trying to say "Throat", and smiled happily at Mers. "Well, hello, Mers. I hope we can have some fun lat--"

Kurai was cut off by screeching, like you'd hear it underwater. Kurai quickly looked over to the pool, cringing as he moved too fast. Much too fast. Kurai hissed in pain but was more focused on the small water hatchling. It was jerking around violently, and bubbles were floating from its mouth, making popping sounds. Kurai longed to help it, but didn't want a repeat of what just happened to him. Besides, he could barely move. Worry filled Kurai's face. "Oh, no..."

((Short post is short. Sorry, but I'm at school.))

user posted image

Aysu winced as she finally made out the broken words the younger water hatchling said, heart breaking even more by the add plea. "I, I don't kno-", she started to say before cutting herself off from completing the sentence. So much responsibility put on her so quickly when all she normally did was give food to the other hatchlings, playful attitude was defiantly not a help here. She'd just have to figure it out like she did with Kurai.

A somewhat unsteady breath was taken to try and calm herself as she wrapped her fin around the Seawyrm. "It's okay, just try to calm down. Did you eat something?" This would tell Aysu if something was stuck in the other hatchling's throat like it had been with Kurai.

((It's fine Tala! Also as a heads up to everyone because I did this post fast..I have 4 inches of snow outside and it is now turned to sleet. Needless to say..I doubt I will have power for long. I live in the country so it might be a little bit before I get back online, it all depends.))

user posted image

Demetrio watched Astra rip the brown thing in two, leaking blood and spilling its innards. If this was food, he was not sure he wanted it, even if he needed it. But something about the smell of the carcass drew him in.

Well, Astra seems to like this. Might as well try it. Besides, it kind of smells good. So...

The young ochredrake walked over to the smaller half of the animal, consisting of its hindquarters and rear legs. Stripping the brown grass-like stuff away, he exposed the red meat, which was still warm.

Well, here goes...

He ripped out a small piece of the meat with his forelegs. No sooner than when it got to his mouth was he stopped by his own thoughts, which ran through him like lightning.

Wow, this stuff is amazing! It might be important, but it's really tasty too! I need to do that again!

Demetrio gulped down the piece of meat and tore into his share of it as if he would never be full. He felt like commenting, but he was busy eating. It could wait, anyway.

user posted image

Astra happily watched the Demetrio eat. Good. He was eating, without needing an explanation. She finished off her portion, and glanced at the other hatchling, who had only half-finished his part. She sat and waited until he finished, getting bored quickly and getting up, then sitting back down. After what seemed like ages, he finished, and Astra instantly stumbled over to him and asked, 'What do you think we should do now? I'm pretty full... maybe we should head back to the cave... you know, the dark, rocky place?' she thought for a second, and then continued, 'Either that or we can go look for other dragons. There might be some older hatchlings around the place that can help the younger ones like us to survive.' She glanced around and shrugged. 'No idea where any older hatchlings might be though...' She frowned. 'Your choice. What do you want to do?'

(If it is not emboldened, Demetrio is not saying it.)

user posted image

Demetrio was still trying to part the flesh from one of the legs when Astra started talking again.

'What do you think we should do now? I'm pretty full... maybe we should head back to the cave... you know, the dark, rocky place?'

Blood dripping from his chin, he turned to look at Astra.

Actually, I'm not so sure of what I want to do. There was that other dragon back at the cave... I don't want to seem rude, so maybe I should introduce myself. Yeah, we should go meet other dragons back at the cave.

'Either that or we can go look for other dragons. There might be some older hatchlings around the place that can help the younger ones like us to survive. No idea where any older hatchlings might be though... Your choice. What do you want to do?'

He swallowed what was in his mouth, paused for a moment to make sure he wanted to go back to the cave before speaking.

I think we should go back to the cave. I don't want to come off as rude, so I should introduce myself to everyone.

He looked at what was left of the food. There was still some left, maybe they should bring it back for other people... They might be hungry too.

"Should we bring this back for everyone else?"

Edited by Coryn02

OOC~ Back!

IC~

Vortex/Whisper/Puffball~

The Nebula crash landed into the Birth Cave, exhausted, two hatchlings tumbling with him. All of that, for nothing... He thought sadly. Sandy was dead because of the plague. Vortex had foolishly gone looking for a cure, Whisper and Puffball following him. He lifted his head up, his gaze skimming the cave. "Hi, I'm back..." Vortex said awkwardly to no one in particular. "We went on an adventure!" Puffball squealed, hopping around. Whisper shrugged like it was nothing. "If you call an adventure getting yelled at by Vortex..." The Assassino hatchling muttered. "Hey! At least we got out of the cave!" The two started to argue. Vortex tried telling them to stop, and eventually gave up. I'm done. I'm just done. The Nebula got up and trudged back to his nest. It was untouched, his scent stale. He curled up in it, the familiar feeling comforting. He could not go to sleep though. The vision of watching Sandy die in front of him haunted his thoughts. It made him cringe. He was helpless to save the Spitfire. Oh Sandy...I'm sorry...

user posted image

Following Michiru, who marched into the birth cave with a smile on her face, Clem trekked behind the hatchling, her arms aching from carrying the bundle of bright red berries. Despite Michiru's claims of the berries not being dangerous, Clem couldn't shake off a feeling of dread. The berries smelled oddly sharp and, unlike the fruit she and Sunder had shared the day prior, Clem was not tempted to take a bite out of the succulent berries.

"Um, Lineheart," Clem called, her legs shaking thanks to the soreness of carrying the berries around. "Are these berries okay to eat? Michiru said they were, but...." Clementine trailed off. She needed Lineheart to reassure her that Michiru was right. It wasn't that Clem didn't trust her friend, far from it in fact. It was just that Clem was unsure about the berries herself and needed an older hatchling to confirm Michiru's claim. Once Lineheart gave her opinion, Clem would have her worries soothed.

user posted image

It seemed that hours had passed to Aerix, but in reality it had only been a few minutes since he leaned himself against the tree. Exhaustion had taken over him, and he no longer seemed to mind taking a little rest. As he watched the clouds roll through the afternoon sky, he felt the tension in his body decrease, muscles relaxing, mind settling. To be caught appearing weak and vulnerable was his greatest fear, but his thoughts battled against his agitation.

They all know I'm strong, that I don't put up with anything. I deserve this rest, away from them, away from all the noises.....

His eyelids slowly began shutting, and he further stretched his legs out in preperation for repose. The last gleams of light fading to darkness, the Bleeding Moon's face appeared dignified and collected, breathing coming to accord with the occasional chirp of a nearby cricket.

A sudden and heavy force alerted him from his slumber unceremoniously without time to even comprehend what was happening, and the next thing he felt were claws cutting his shoulder. Aerix yelped out in pain before smacking against the dirt ground violently, a cloud of dust stinging his eyes. His thoughts ran rampant, and fierce anger filling his heart once more. He hadn't a clue what had hit him, though his trail of thought shifted from an ordinary forest mammal to a dragon, and probably an enemy dragon if that was the case.

"Get OFF of me, fool!!!" he yelled, eyes still blinded, limbs thrashing around randomly, "Show yourself NOW!!''

Wiping his face with his clean limb, he gradually began regaining vision, though the blurriness shrouded any details. Flopping his body over, he could barely make out the image of a grey dragon that had fallen onto the ground. It didn't appear to be Rico, or the Swallowtail whose name he had forgotten. He hesitated a moment before his reasoning was confirmed.

"Medea?.....Medea, what are you doing?!..." Aerix said in disbelief.

Did she do this?.....She must have, but what could bring her to do this?.....She's not angry at me, is she?.....Is she?.....

Edited by Bacon_Strips