cyradis4

Put hatchies first in AP

Which do you support?  

281 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Actually, it looks very much like you're the one not listening.  *pokes the above two or three posts*

Sorry, but you posted the same time I typed.

The scenario cyradis4 explained is the only one where I can see even a slightest chance of that happening.

But since I joined Dragon Cave (and that was 2008 ^^) that never happened to my eggs and I drop almost all of them to the AP and used to add them to hatcheries. And hatcheries nowadays don't give as much clicks anymore as they used to.

Edited by Sturmschwinge

The scenario cyradis4 explained is the only one where I can see even a slightest chance of that happening.

But since I joined Dragon Cave (and that was 2008 ^^) that never happened to my eggs and I drop almost all of them to the AP and used to add them to hatcheries. And hatcheries nowadays don't give as much clicks anymore as they used to.

But it is a relatively recent development to have such low time eggs on the AP, also. When the eggs on the AP were all 7 day eggs, there was no chance of them hatching there.

So put your money where your mouth is, so to speak.

Post links to nice eggs that you've bred and tossed to the AP. Then lets add them to fansites. And lets see if they go wild or end up on people's scrolls.

This happens a LOT more frequently than most people seem to think. And especially with the nicer stuff that people drop to make room for something else. I dumped a 3rd gen perfect checker Copper for just that reason, and it ended up in the Wild.

And the truth is... Any wanted hatchies going wild seems to me to be a shame.

Cheers!

C4.

They DO grow up and go to the wild in the AP. I had had two do that - I was watching them to try and retrieve them for the whole time they were there, and I added them to a fan site in the hope that they could be saved.

This one:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/FNKeL

and

http://dragcave.net/lineage/U0F3k

Both autod (my own fault, one, the other was a glitch when one egg took its sweet time to show abandoned and I thought it had gone...)

But NEITHER one was EVER picked up; I and others watched for them - and now they are wild.

Thought I'd bring this up - we really need hatchies to appear in the AP based in their 'hatched' date, as eggs are from their 'bred/stolen' date...

Thought I'd bring this up - we really need hatchies to appear in the AP based in their 'hatched' date, as eggs are from their 'bred/stolen' date...

IMHO everything should be in there based on how long it has to go. So 4 day hatchies should show above 4 day 10 hour eggs, for instance. Unfortunately I suspect the day added to eggs may screw this up.

Oooooo, regrettably good point, although there ought to be some fix possible - I'd heard (correctly or not) that the time wasn't actually added until they were picked up?

Although that may have just been loose phrasing on someone's part, as we'd have no way of knowing that unless TJ told us...

Didn't you listen to me? I checked the eggs that I linked two hours ago and an hour ago.

Two hours ago they were at 4d17 and not picked up by someone, they also had quite high UVs.

An hour ago they were at 4d16, were picked up by people, and have still high UVs.

Interesting, because: http://pandora.pinkgothic.com/ap-time.png

Edit: Syphoneira, yeah, the time is only added when they're picked up. smile.gif But you can check any egg in the AP by copying the URL, chopping off the last portion, changing 'abandoned' to 'view' in the URL, and verify what time is showing on their view page, yourself. (Edit II: For completion's sake: You don't even need to chop off the last portion of the URL. I just keep doing it because of my OCD. >_>)

Edited by pinkgothic

The dragons posted here that are in the wild, are you sure that they weren't just released by their owners? They don't have that great stats, do they?

The dragons posted here that are in the wild, are you sure that they weren't just released by their owners? They don't have that great stats, do they?

Yeah, we're very sure. There have been rather dedicated experiments about this. smile.gif

(Edit: Oh! Something to keep in mind, of course, is that AP eggs only get the 1h added once. So if someone picks an AP egg up out of the AP and then tosses it back, the time on the view page will obviously show same time.)

Edited by pinkgothic

I am certain sure about my two, yes. Several of us were trying to get them back as they were part of a project. I was tracking them, and saw them hatch - and we never even SAW them in the AP ONCE - as eggs or hatchies (though as eggs - they were canopies, so there were a lot of that breed in there while we were looking for them...) before they grew up and went wild. And not all fan sites will accept AP eggs; so it isn't easy to get a LOT of views anyway.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I'm very sure about my Copper, that I posted on the 2nd page. It already had plenty of views when I tossed it to make room for something else.

This has been well documented, and the truth is.... That the extra day being added isn't really necessary any more. And if TJ wants to keep the extra day for some odd reason, then why not send hatchies to the front, just like Holidays?

Cheers!

C4.

Interesting, because: http://pandora.pinkgothic.com/ap-time.png

Edit: Syphoneira, yeah, the time is only added when they're picked up. smile.gif But you can check any egg in the AP by copying the URL, chopping off the last portion, changing 'abandoned' to 'view' in the URL, and verify what time is showing on their view page, yourself. (Edit II: For completion's sake: You don't even need to chop off the last portion of the URL. I just keep doing it because of my OCD. >_>)

Thanks, pinkgothic!

So since the day showing doesn't actually apply as the eggs reach the front, only eggs picked up and tossed back would have it actually added, allowing hatchies up to 1 day younger than shown on the AP to appear with the eggs they're actually the same age as, or older, if abandoned at that stage.

So, the only change needed would be for TJ to set hatching dates as well the 'bred/stolen' dates for appearance on the AP at the same time?

Would that be something likely to be very hard to code in?

Or is a guess impossible, because of not knowing how TJ has it coded?

Edit: actually, the extra day is good when Releases allow the AP to back up and eggs under 3 days show, since they can then no longer be Influenced, reducing their desirability, even with no need for Incubation to be used.

Edited by Syphoneira

I support both suggestions, but I personally would prefer that, if they were implemented, when the hatchies are moved to the front of the AP, they're mixed with the eggs on the page (possibly by time remaining? So, say that all the visible AP eggs are at 4d10h, all the hatchies on the page would also be sorted by time left, meaning that they'd be scattered, but still on the front page of the AP.) rather than bunched up in the top left. My connection is rather slow, and as such I rarely see any hatchlings in the AP anyway, as they are quickly snatched up whenever they appear. If they were kept at the top of the page (like holiday eggs are), people would just camp their cursors over those topmost-left slots.

I support both suggestions, but I personally would prefer that, if they were implemented, when the hatchies are moved to the front of the AP, they're mixed with the eggs on the page (possibly by time remaining? So, say that all the visible AP eggs are at 4d10h, all the hatchies on the page would also be sorted by time left, meaning that they'd be scattered, but still on the front page of the AP.) rather than bunched up in the top left. My connection is rather slow, and as such I rarely see any hatchlings in the AP anyway, as they are quickly snatched up whenever they appear. If they were kept at the top of the page (like holiday eggs are), people would just camp their cursors over those topmost-left slots.

That's what I'd like too - BUT - I think the extra day messes it up because the eggs seem to have less time until they are picked up. (I was tracking an egg to catch for someone who autod it and it DID appear a day later than one would have expected.)

I think it would really help if the extra day thing went. People doing the unmentionable could adjust accordingly.

The Silver has also hatched, and we'll know in about.... 50 hours if it made it to someone's scroll. And it looks like it hatched after 3 days, or there abouts. I dumped it a couple of hours after I bed it, so it couldn't have taken much more than 3 days to hatch, not with that time left.

So we'll find out in about 50 hours if it ends up in the Wild. A 3rd gen Silver.... I rather think if anyone sees it, they're gonna grab it. xd.png

It's still in the AP sad.gif and only 5 days to go.

I am waiting hopefully to grab it. Yeah RIGHT.... but there is so much in there at 4.16 and so on...

ETA

Still in the AP with less time to go than most of the eggs now sad.gif

I want to catch it... sad.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket

I just noted someone catching a hatchie in the AP with 4 days and 18 hours left. The person posted the link in Great lineages found in the AP.

So, apparently the hatchies do show up at some point if we're lucky.

Oh they definitely do, but typically only if they've already been through the AP already (i.e., picked up as an egg, hatched, and dropped again) or if they were hatched with really low views and aren't in any high-powered hatcheries.

In other news, he should be growing up soon (he's at 4d), so we'll see.

Yes - and that lovely silver, too - at 4 days 5 hours now...

Hmmmmm.

If a bred egg is TELEPORTED before it is sent to the AP, could that POSSIBLY get around this problem (cuz it is a problem !) - which really does seem annoying. It means - in effect - that every auto'd egg risks going wild (they can't ALL, though, as I rescued one for someone last week... as an egg, though...)

We can't do anything about those - that would take the Teej - but if we WANT to breed for the AP, and work with a friend....

ETA by the way - has anyone tested whether this is the same for CB eggs that are abandoned as soon as they can be ? (If not I will try that later, but I am (I hope) about to be locked !)

AAAAND - AW's has gone to the wild, never making it to the AP (I was refreshing madly as I LOVED the lineage (AW please note !)

Edited by fuzzbucket

In other news, he should be growing up soon (he's at 4d), so we'll see.

He grew up. And is a Wild dragon.

@Fuzz: Don't think so. Teleporting to another person doesn't add any time (unless it's an incubated egg, in which case the incubation is lost and the time regained).

I imagine it would be exactly the same for AP'ed CB eggs, though in fairness it could only happen if the ex-owner or someone stalking that code added it to a hatchery. In fairness, most auto'ed eggs are not at risk of going wild unless someone was stalking the parents and added the abandoned egg to a hatchery. It really is only a risk for the more shiny stuff, like 2nd gens from Prize dragons.

ALL my autod eggs have ended up hatching and going to the wild. Boring (to most people) common ones. I was wondering more about the timing and the underlying mechanic. Whether a bounce of ANY kind would put them in a different kind of queue.

I wanted your hatchie. The lineage was fab. Will you breed me a sib ? *bats eyelashes hopefully* (I may be ancient but my eyelashes are as they always were !)

ALL my autod eggs have ended up hatching and going to the wild. Boring (to most people) common ones. I was wondering more about the timing and the underlying mechanic. Whether a bounce of ANY kind would put them in a different kind of queue.

I wanted your hatchie. The lineage was fab. Will you breed me a sib ? *bats eyelashes hopefully* (I may be ancient but my eyelashes are as they always were !)

Really? Huh, odd. I dunno, then, unless they got added to hatcheries too.

Of course! I'm rather fond of that pairing! xd.png

Really? Huh, odd. I dunno, then, unless they got added to hatcheries too.

The two for the Europe project were added to hatcheries, as several of us wanted them back. Not the rest.

But do you mean that any APd egg will make it to be an AP hatchie as long as it ISN'T added to hatcheries ? That doesn't seem to be working with some of the stuff I have been randomly picking up today while waiting vainly to catch yours....

The two for the Europe project were added to hatcheries, as several of us wanted them back. Not the rest.

But do you mean that any APd egg will make it to be an AP hatchie as long as it ISN'T added to hatcheries ? That doesn't seem to be working with some of the stuff I have been randomly picking up today while waiting vainly to catch yours....

Well, not exactly. An AP'ed egg that isn't added to hatchies ought to just show up an an egg when it gets to the right time. After all, if it's not gaining views then it shouldn't hatch. But I think it's fair to say that if an egg *does* have enough views (from wherever) to hatch in the AP, chances are it'll never show up to be grabbed as a hatchie.

We really need everything to show by time left, no ? Mixed together....

Like this ?

user posted image