cyradis4

Put hatchies first in AP

Which do you support?  

281 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He grew up.  And is a Wild dragon.

@Fuzz: Don't think so.  Teleporting to another person doesn't add any time (unless it's an incubated egg, in which case the incubation is lost and the time regained).

I imagine it would be exactly the same for AP'ed CB eggs, though in fairness it could only happen if the ex-owner or someone stalking that code added it to a hatchery.  In fairness, most auto'ed eggs are not at risk of going wild unless someone was stalking the parents and added the abandoned egg to a hatchery.  It really is only a risk for the more shiny stuff, like 2nd gens from Prize dragons.

Or during releases (especially unexpected ones), when people are hastily dumping things from their scrolls in order to make room. In those cases, the original owner may have initially intended to keep the egg and added it to hatcheries themselves, only to jettison it in favor of something that was a greater priority.

On a somewhat related note, is it that only eggs gain a day, or that growing things only ever gain a day once, when first AP'd? I understand that site mechanics mean that the vast majority of things which are abandoned do so as eggs, but if a hatchling was caught/bred and hatched on a scroll and then abandoned does it not gain the extra day?

Edited by Troubletail

As far as I know, no hatchie gains a day, even wherever it has been ! (Great grammar but expresses when I mean xd.png)

Pretty sure a day gets added to hatchies, too, if it's the first time they've gone into the AP. So if I hatched a self-bred or CB egg and dropped the hatchie to the AP, it'd still have to wait until (AP time)-24 hours to be picked up.

Pretty sure a day gets added to hatchies, too, if it's the first time they've gone into the AP. So if I hatched a self-bred or CB egg and dropped the hatchie to the AP, it'd still have to wait until (AP time)-24 hours to be picked up.

So maybe we need to test those too to be sure (that lovely silver is about to go wild...)

So maybe we need to test those too to be sure (that lovely silver is about to go wild...)

Ayup. Though it'll have to wait a bit before I try it. Currently I'm locked and there's nothing on my scroll I want to drop for the sake of an abandoning experiment! tongue.gif

Just for my clarification:

We need to test?:

- Does a CB egg turned hatchie get an extra day after being added into the AP

- Does a self-bred egg turned hatchie get an extra day after being added into the AP

I've got 2 spaces left on my scroll. I guess for this experiment it doesn't matter which dragons I breed? Cause I've got a few lineages projects, holidays and prize dragons I'd rather not breed for this experiment. On top of that I've got quite a few messy lineaged dragons.

And perhaps look for an egg in the cave that's really common? Or doesn't that matter?

Edited by Sheriziya

Just for my clarification:

We need to test?:

- Does a CB egg turned hatchie get an extra day after being added into the AP

- Does a self-bred egg turned hatchie get an extra day after being added into the AP

I've got 2 spaces left on my scroll. I guess for this experiment it doesn't matter which dragons I breed? Cause I've got a few lineages projects, holidays and prize dragons I'd rather not breed for this experiment. On top of that I've got quite a few messy lineaged dragons.

And perhaps look for an egg in the cave that's really common? Or doesn't that matter?

Doesn't matter what it is, I think - but it should come from a biome, so it has never been bounced !

Okay, I've bred one and got one from the cave. Let's see how those turn out.

Here's number 1 (caveborn)

Here's number 2 (Balloon * Cavelurker)

I usually put my eggs in hatcheries at 6 days (or 5 days and 23 hours, just how it turns out) and on my low-viewed journal from the start. Will that work for our experiment?

Edited by Sheriziya

Not sure whether one needs to try to keep views down - amazon_warrior ?

*poof* They calls me, I comes! tongue.gif

Ummm, might be a good idea, though if the hatchies *don't* have a day added when they go to the AP, then (assuming the AP times don't change radically), they'll show up when they hit ~4.5 days, give or take. Which is well before they could grow up anyway. But if they *do* have a day added, they won;t show up until they get to ~3.5 days and then there's a chance they'll grow Wild if the views are high.

So... I'll just put them on my low-viewed journal for now and then in the hatcheries when they're at 6 days. And then AP them once thye're hatched, right? Then we can see if they get an extra day and when they start turning up, if I understand it all correctly.

Looks like the Silver was saved! The AP is, at the moment, up to 4d 23h. The Silver was at 3d 23h up until a few minutes ago, when he jumped to 4d 23h.

Talk about unusual, its rare to see the AP with this much time.

Cheers!

C4.

Looks like the Silver was saved! The AP is, at the moment, up to 4d 23h. The Silver was at 3d 23h up until a few minutes ago, when he jumped to 4d 23h.

Talk about unusual, its rare to see the AP with this much time.

Cheers!

C4.

Extraordinary - it DID actually add an hour when it was caught (and I was WATCHING for it and I MISSED it !) But it got to 3.23 - the green got right down to 3.21 before it grew up... and NEVER made it into the AP.

Okay, I've put my CB hatchie and bred hatchie in the AP. Got a new message, btw:

You leash the hatchling to a tree trunk outside a nearby cave and walk away.
never saw that one before smile.gif But maybe it's because I've only put eggs in the AP?

The Dragons:

Balloon (bred) (fpHd3)

Electric (CB) (Mz2Li)

Both hatched today.

Let's see what these will give as a result. I assume they'll get a day extra as well, just like the silver hatchie did smile.gif

The last one I got was "you leave the hatchling while it is sleeping and hope that its mother will find it" or something smile.gif

as far as I know, it's only auto-abandoned eggs that gain the extra day when picked up, because they take a day longer to get to the AP in the first place.

years ago, every time you abandoned an egg, it gained a day, and people used that to save eggs when there weren't as many fansites around, and eggs came close to dying - and there were no such things as neglecteds, either.

I was really surprised when I figured out that there wasn't a day added anymore.

then I auto-AP'd an egg, and found out about the added day on those.

oh, and I used to get that tree message even in 2009, I think. I could be wrong, but it's been around a lone time, and only for hatchlings. can't tether an egg to a tree smile.gif

Edited by daba555

It has already been confirmed that a hatchie from which the egg was donated to the AP (and hatched in the AP) gained an extra day when it was picked up.

Right now we're testing to see if a hatchie gains a day when it's been donated to the AP as a hatchie instead of an egg. smile.gif

as far as I know, it's only auto-abandoned eggs that gain the extra day when picked up, because they take a day longer to get to the AP in the first place.

years ago, every time you abandoned an egg, it gained a day, and people used that to save eggs when there weren't as many fansites around, and eggs came close to dying - and there were no such things as neglecteds, either.

I was really surprised when I figured out that there wasn't a day added anymore.

then I auto-AP'd an egg, and found out about the added day on those.

oh, and I used to get that tree message even in 2009, I think. I could be wrong, but it's been around a lone time, and only for hatchlings. can't tether an egg to a tree smile.gif

Its ALL eggs that go to the AP. The Silver that gained a day? I was gonna keep it, and had it on my scroll for hours, before I decided to donate it to the cause and dropped it to the AP.

So there hasn't been a change: All eggs get 1 day added the FIRST TIME they hit the AP. Ie, if you pick up an egg FROM the AP, it will not gain another day. But if you have an egg on your scroll and toss it to the AP, it will gain a day.

The AP used to sit at 7d all the time, way back when it blocked the cave. As a result, an egg you bred and tossed didn't seem to gain a day, because it would never go above 7 days. Now, with the AP so low time....

Cheers!

C4.

I would be very much in favor in seeing this change happen :3 With the popularity of click sites now, it isn't hard to pick up an egg at 3 days and get it hatched in a couple hours. So even if the average hours/days left on eggs on the Abandoned page got pushed to 3 or even 2 days, it shouldn't be causing a flood of deceased eggs. Personally I would probably spend far more time hatchling hunting than egg hunting if the hatchies got pushed on to the page more xd.png Again, since it is far harder to lock your scroll with hatchlings than eggs, and since eggs can be hatched quickly (with use of click sites and incubating by reds) I don't think this would cause problems with unbalancing the Abandoned Page. Also I think it would encourage more people to release hatchlings with interesting breeding (I myself have thus far resisted the raise and release pattern of generosity, as I would hate to see an egg of mine get picked up then not cared for, or the hatchling simply wander off in to the wild) As you could then just raise them til they are close to maturing then release for some lucky random to pick up :3

Okay, both the Balloon and the Electric are now at 5 days and 8 hours. They've already gendered. The AP is currently showing at 5 days and 2 hours max. So I'm guessing it will take a while before they'll show up in the AP, if they do at all.

ETA: Well, both grew up through the AP on January 18th, and are in the wilderness now.

Edited by Sheriziya

An extra day is no longer added to abandoned creatures and the only time the AP dips low enough to kill hatchies is during holidays, so it appears this suggestion is now out of date.

If any user sees merit in this suggestion and would like to make up a current suggestion, they are free to do so.