cyradis4

Put hatchies first in AP

Which do you support?  

281 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

*points at scroll and signature*

I do know how to make an ND, thanks. And that method hasn't been viable since TJ closed the AP trading loophole.

I know we can't use the get/code anymore but I was under the impression there were still people who sent their eggs to the AP and had people ready to click and get them? Does everyone just teleport now?

I have also grabbed hatchlings during normal times for them to grow up the second it hit my scroll.  It clearly had enough views and was at the right time to grow up.  Why did it wait to hit my scroll?  I still have not heard a good explanation for why that happens if they always grow up to be wild if they have enough views to grow up and are at the right time.

Note that this was when all eggs and hatchlings that showed were at less than 3 days, 23 hours showing.

Ok, an example....

Lets say I grab a.... Flamingo! yes, lets do a Flamingo.... from the AP right now. Its already had its added day. Now, I ER it, and it hatches. Then I toss it back to the AP.

Because its already had the extra day added, it'll turn up as a hatchie in the AP.

However, if you take an egg you bred, put it in fansites, then toss it to the AP, chances are it'll hatch on the AP, then go wild.

Actually, lets test those mechanisms....

I have this nice Silver egg I don't need, so I'm going to put it in an ER or two. Then toss it to the AP. I don't think anyone would pass up a 3rd gen Silver, so we'll see where it ends up in 7 days.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/g62lq

Ok, silver is tossed to the AP, and here is our Flamingo! I'll toss it as soon as it hatches:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/vf0Pm

Cheers!

C4.

Edited by cyradis4

I know we can't use the get/code anymore but I was under the impression there were still people who sent their eggs to the AP and had people ready to click and get them?  Does everyone just teleport now?

If they do, they're bonkers! FAR too many eager sharks in that there AP. I should know, I'm often one of them! laugh.gif

The abandon-and-click thing would be unreliable enough (because you can't click something you can't see and there's a good chance someone else will see it first) that *some* would go missing and you'd see someone posting about grabbing an ND in the Congrats thread...

Edited by Amazon_warrior

If they do, they're bonkers! FAR too many eager sharks in that there AP. I should know, I'm often one of them! laugh.gif

The abandon-and-click thing would be unreliable enough (because you can't click something you can't see and there's a good chance someone else will see it first) that *some* would go missing and you'd see someone posting about grabbing an ND in the Congrats thread...

And you have to be REALLY spot on with the timing.; I know - I spent a day recently helping someone catch an autod egg. There were two of us on it - and we only JUST got it between us !

I bred a test egg. (One of the parents is rather rude, apologies.) It was abandoned immediately after breeding without being added anywhere, then added to Silvis. It's already gained a good number of views.

Just popping in to say that it's hatched. As far as I can tell (I've been out all day and not able to watch), it hatched when it reached 4d or soon after, and with the current AP times it would not have appeared to be picked up yet.

Here's something for you to wonder about-what's wrong with hatchlings in the wilderness?

Here's something for you to wonder about-what's wrong with hatchlings in the wilderness?

Nothing. But when people WANT to pick them up in the AP, it's a shame that they so rarely make it on to the page.

I want both of these suggestions SO MUCH. It's such a bother, knowing all those hatchlings are so close, yet so far... That and nice lineaged hatchlings/eggs I abandon never show up because of this.

Because right now I could dump a freshly bred 2nd gen Shimmer into the AP, and it would only take one "helpful" person to stalk the parent's progeny page and add the egg to one hatchery, and then NO one would get to see that Shimmer on the AP - it'd end up in the Wilderness out of reach of all.

Ok, an example....

Lets say I grab a.... Flamingo! yes, lets do a Flamingo.... from the AP right now. Its already had its added day. Now, I ER it, and it hatches. Then I toss it back to the AP.

Because its already had the extra day added, it'll turn up as a hatchie in the AP.

However, if you take an egg you bred, put it in fansites, then toss it to the AP, chances are it'll hatch on the AP, then go wild.

Actually, lets test those mechanisms....

I have this nice Silver egg I don't need, so I'm going to put it in an ER or two. Then toss it to the AP. I don't think anyone would pass up a 3rd gen Silver, so we'll see where it ends up in 7 days.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/g62lq

Ok, silver is tossed to the AP, and here is our Flamingo! I'll toss it as soon as it hatches:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/vf0Pm

Cheers!

C4.

The flamingo, which was caught from the AP then I hatched it and tossed it back, seems to be on someone's scroll.

The Silver has also hatched, and we'll know in about.... 50 hours if it made it to someone's scroll. And it looks like it hatched after 3 days, or there abouts. I dumped it a couple of hours after I bed it, so it couldn't have taken much more than 3 days to hatch, not with that time left.

So we'll find out in about 50 hours if it ends up in the Wild. A 3rd gen Silver.... I rather think if anyone sees it, they're gonna grab it. xd.png

Cheers!

C4.

I have a habit of picking up eggs from the AP, putting them on several clicking sites, and dropping them again as soon as they hatch (or freezing them in case they are inbred).

I keep the URLs in an Excel sheet and check from time to time what happened to them. So far they are all on other people's scrolls and not in the wild.

Hatchlings get picked up very quickly from the AP, that's the only reason why we don't see them there more often.

I would be ok with having them on the AP first. But I'm pretty sure that you won't see more hatchlings on the AP then as you see now.

Edited by Sturmschwinge

Because right now I could dump a freshly bred 2nd gen Shimmer into the AP, and it would only take one "helpful" person to stalk the parent's progeny page and add the egg to one hatchery, and then NO one would get to see that Shimmer on the AP - it'd end up in the Wilderness out of reach of all.

I really don't see how the dragon would end up in the wild. Care to explain?

It all depends on views. If you pick up a low time egg and ER it, it will probably hatch with around 200 UVs or less. It won't grow up with those views, so it will make it to the front page of the AP. If an egg continues to get views in the AP, it could hatch in three days, without ever getting picked up...and continue to get views until it grows up, again before it's time is low enough to make the front page.

Because of the rate it's gaining views, plus the "add a day" mechanic of the AP.

Did you leave them in hatcheries to gain views after you re-abandoned them? Are those views obtained after someone picks them up or before?

I was under the impression that an egg or hatchling has to go to the 4 days mark to be able to grow up. But the eggs and hatchlings in the AP are 4 day 16 hours or 4 day 17 hours. How on earth can a hatchling then grow up in the AP?

Edit: To answer your question ainisarie: I usually don't bother to remove the little guys from hatcheries. Never saw the need for it.

Edited by Sturmschwinge

I was under the impression that an egg or hatchling has to go to the 4 days mark to be able to grow up. But the eggs and hatchlings in the AP are 4 day 16 hours or 4 day 17 hours. How on earth can a hatchling then grow up in the AP?

Edit: To answer your question ainisarie: I usually don't bother to remove the little guys from hatcheries. Never saw the need for it.

What you see if the egg with the added day. It has to drop to 3 days 16 hrs, then you see it as a 4 day 16 hr egg. If in the meantime, you add things to those fansites, and that hatchie is not on your scroll, it might be auto removed since it was not there when you updated. I will have to check and post results in a few minutes.

What you see if the egg with the added day.  It has to drop to 3 days 16 hrs, then you see it as a 4 day 16 hr egg. If in the meantime, you add things to those fansites, and that hatchie is not on your scroll, it might be auto removed since it was not there when you updated.  I will have to check and post results in a few minutes.

And there you are wrong. It's not the time with the added day, it's the time that is displayed on the dragon's page. (TJ already said so in this very thread btw.).

I check the dragons on a regular basis. I can see the times they have. Here two who reached the 4 day 16 hours mark a few minutes ago:

http://dragcave.net/view/MKuGu

http://dragcave.net/view/lLVw2

As you can see, they have new owners.

Edited by Sturmschwinge

What TJ said is "Also, the extra day removal isn't actually applied until the egg/hatchling is picked up.

What happens is an egg drops to 3 days...the AP say 4 days (because when it you pick it up it will say 4 days. You don't see 4 days and grab it to see 5 days. What you see is what you get.

I am not arguing that they have new owners. My thought is how many views did they have when you re abandoned them? If they did not have many, and then you used that same fansite again to enter other things, that hatchie was removed from said fansite and failed to get views. So the views would remain low, enabling the hatchie to be seen on the AP.

Now just for fun, I had an egg in three fansites. I temporarily teleported it to a friend, then re-entered my scroll on the same ones . Of course the egg was no longer there to check. When I got it back I went to all three fansites..and the egg was not listed as being there. I had to re-enter it so that would start getting views again.

If for whatever reason I put an egg in some large faniste, then abandoned it and never entered my scroll there again, i expect it would stay there and keep getting views. Enough to hatch and even grow up. Yours OTOH, if they still have low views could easily be picked up by someone and put in a fansite. Then they would gain all those views.

And there you are wrong. It's not the time with the added day, it's the time that is displayed on the dragon's page. (TJ already said so in this very thread btw.).

I check the dragons on a regular basis. I can see the times they have. Here two who reached the 4 day 16 hours mark a few minutes ago:

http://dragcave.net/view/MKuGu

http://dragcave.net/view/lLVw2

As you can see, they have new owners.

Actually you are wrong.

When I breed an egg and dump it to the AP, it does not get the extra day added to it until the FIRST TIME it shows up on the AP. I've tested this many times, when I've tried to snag someone else's auto'ed egg. And I've caught several of said auto'ed eggs, as well.

So if I take said egg I just bred and toss it, then it will sit on the AP until it hits the current time in the AP less 24 hours. In this case, they will hit 3d 17 hours, then show up in the AP as 4d 17h eggs. If you did not put the egg you bred into a fansite before dumping it, then it will show up just fine when it hits 3d 17h. If it was in a fansite when you dumped it, chances are it will hatch when it hits 4d, while it is still in the AP backlog and still 7 hours away from being able to show up in the AP. Then as a hatchie, it now has 7 days on it, but again: has never had the extra day, so it runs down. Then it hits 4d and grows, without showing up on the AP and without ever getting the extra day added to it.

For an egg you caught from the AP then hatched, its already had its extra day added before you picked it up. So when you toss it back, it shows up when it hits 4d 17h, and is caught. The only time an egg you get FROM THE AP will grow up and go wild is if the AP is forced below 4d. I've seen that happen, but its not common. More common is the AP being between 4d 0h and 4d 6h.

So! An egg you BRED and added to fansites has a really good chance of escaping into the Wild. Or, an egg you caught from the Biomes and added to fansites and then tossed to the AP has a really good chance of growing up wild.

But an egg you CAUGHT from the AP has a good chance of being captures before it escapes.

Cheers!

C4.

PS: I put my money where my mouth was the other day, and tossed a 3rd gen perfect checker silver egg to the AP. Its link is on the other page. In about 2 days, we'll see if it ends up in the Wild. A 3rd gen perfect checker Silver egg? Yea. If someone sees it in the AP, they are going to grab it.

What TJ said is "Also, the extra day removal isn't actually applied until the egg/hatchling is picked up.   

What happens is an egg drops to 3 days...the AP say 4 days  (because when it you pick it up it will say 4 days. You don't see 4 days and grab it  to see 5 days. What you see is what you get.

I am not arguing that they have new owners.  My thought is how many views did they have when you re abandoned them?  If they did not have many, and then you used that same fansite again to enter other things, that hatchie was removed from said fansite and failed to get views.  So the views would remain low, enabling the hatchie to be seen on the AP.

Now just for fun, I had an egg in three fansites. I temporarily teleported it to a friend, then re-entered my scroll on the same ones . Of course the egg was no longer there to check.  When I got it back I went to all three fansites..and the egg was not listed as being there. I had to re-enter it so that would start getting views again.

If for whatever reason I put an egg in some large faniste, then abandoned it and never entered my scroll there again, i expect it would stay there and keep getting views.  Enough to hatch and even grow up.  Yours OTOH, if they still have low views could easily be picked up by someone and put in a fansite.  Then they would gain all those views.

That, plus they were talking about eggs they'd grabbed from the AP. Meaning that the day had already been added when they first picked it up, and no more time would have been added to the re-abandoned hatchie. The system doesn't keep adding an extra day!

ETA: Ninja'ed by cyradis4...

Edited by Amazon_warrior

What happens is an egg drops to 3 days...the AP say 4 days (because when it you pick it up it will say 4 days. You don't see 4 days and grab it to see 5 days. What you see is what you get.

Didn't you listen to me? I checked the eggs that I linked two hours ago and an hour ago.

Two hours ago they were at 4d17 and not picked up by someone, they also had quite high UVs.

An hour ago they were at 4d16, were picked up by people, and have still high UVs.

Didn't you listen to me? I checked the eggs that I linked two hours ago and an hour ago.

Two hours ago they were at 4d17 and not picked up by someone, they also had quite high UVs.

An hour ago they were at 4d16, were picked up by people, and have still high UVs.

Actually, it looks very much like you're the one not listening. *pokes the above two or three posts*