cyradis4

Put hatchies first in AP

Which do you support?  

281 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Right now a lot of the eggs are at 4 days. But it wouldn't be hard at all for us to gather statistics to prove one way or the other whether a significant portion of abandoned hatchlings are ending up in the wilderness.

1. Gather an egg or eggs.

2. Record the codes

3. Hatch them

4. Abandon the hatchlings

5. Check on where they end up when they grow up

Example: I just picked up s3l9k, yBWuv and h4j7R. Let's see what happens to the hatchlings once they hatch and are abandoned. If things are happening as TJ thinks, they'll most likely end up on someone's scroll. If the concerns expressed by this thread is really what is happening, then more than one will end up in the wilderness.

I tried this with six eggs.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/P8Buv

http://dragcave.net/lineage/EW0Lf

http://dragcave.net/lineage/HlhFW

http://dragcave.net/lineage/dyT9R

http://dragcave.net/lineage/aYUiH

http://dragcave.net/lineage/JE3ij

And ALL of them are grown up and Wild Dragons. So I am in favor of making hatchies first in the AP.

The only way they don't end up wild is if they are in NO fansites [except maybe a really slow one] and not posted anywhere where they would get significant views. If the egg is still gaining views when abandoned it will hatch before it is seen [especially if it is an auto-ER fansite] and go back to the top of the backlog, where it will then grow up before it is seen and end up in the wilderness. I think enough of us have done enough tests to prove that this is the case, at least a significant percentage of the time.

If the egg is still gaining views when abandoned it will hatch before it is seen [especially if it is an auto-ER fansite] and go back to the top of the backlog, where it will then grow up before it is seen and end up in the wilderness.

Does it actually need to be in fansites, though? Wouldn't it be "enough" for it to simply have enough views to mature when you abandon it, even if you've taken care to remove it from all fansites? (I genuinely don't know, hence the silly question. I suspect I might be misunderstanding some of the prior posts.)

i am totally against removing the extra day given, due to the topic we aren't allowed to talk about on this forum.

Once again we have players voting for something they don't have enough knowledge of.

All that is needed is for the hatchies to come to the fore. If an egg does hatch in the backlog then, it would be sent to the front of the line and be picked up rather than being returned to the back.

I'm sure you meant this, but I wanted to make sure its stated -

Hatchlings at the "front" of the Cave shouldn't mean drops in the top left hand corner (I like that they show up in random places) - but ... GOD YES .... please stop putting the hatchlings at the back.

I want to click on hatchies because they are so hard and rare to get. But if they have so many days gone by that they grow up the INSTANT they hit the scroll.... which means that if its not a lineage I want .... I am gonna kill it or release it. What's the point? I think the answer "Well don't click on them then" is a bad answer. We should have a bit a time of to regift and/or re-abandon them in the AP so someone who really wants it gets it without people being afraid to click on a hatchie.

Don't kill it if you don't want it, just release it... so it winds up in the wilderness, just like it would have if it hadn't been clicked on. Doesn't change anything if it does, but if it does happen to be a keeper, then it is a good thing. So I consider that a non-issue.

The issue is seeing the hatchlings to start with. If we don't see them, we can't click on them whether we want them or not. Where it winds up isn't the issue, seeing them is what is important.

I do not understand why this can't be implemented. Especially when AP is full of ER eggs...hatchies grow up and run into the wild when so many people would have been very happy to take them as long as they CAN get them in the AP.

Bumping, and hoping TJ peeks in at it... We're still losing cute lil hatchies...

Cheers!

C4.

Well, I'd vote for the option to sort on date, as both eggs and hatchies sorted on date. I assume that would give us a mixture of both eggs and hatchies. smile.gif

I bred a test egg. (One of the parents is rather rude, apologies.) It was abandoned immediately after breeding without being added anywhere, then added to Silvis. It's already gained a good number of views.

(Please note that it is against the site rules to give aid to a user without their permission.)
Is this code also placed when an egg/hatchie is in the AP? I didn't know that. Good to keep in mind smile.gif

But obviously the egg is gaining views.

Is this code also placed when an egg/hatchie is in the AP? I didn't know that. Good to keep in mind smile.gif

But obviously the egg is gaining views.

Nope, that's my scroll setting. If someone with Accepting Aid abandons an egg, the egg still shows the Accepting Aid message.

And the point is that hatchies don't go to the wild.That is the point of this suggestion.

They DO grow up and go to the wild in the AP. I had had two do that - I was watching them to try and retrieve them for the whole time they were there, and I added them to a fan site in the hope that they could be saved.

This one:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/FNKeL

and

http://dragcave.net/lineage/U0F3k

Both autod (my own fault, one, the other was a glitch when one egg took its sweet time to show abandoned and I thought it had gone...)

But NEITHER one was EVER picked up; I and others watched for them - and now they are wild.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Nope, that's my scroll setting. If someone with Accepting Aid abandons an egg, the egg still shows the Accepting Aid message.

Oh, I didn't know that either! I still learn things every day here. Even after several years of playing smile.gif

Oh, I didn't know that either! I still learn things every day here. Even after several years of playing smile.gif

I don't think anyone thought about it until fairly recently, when the AP stopped blocking the Cave and eggs started staying abandoned for considerable lengths of time.

I once abandoned an hellfire egg by accident and I added it to clicksites right away hoping that it would die from click overdose (it was part of a lineage and I didn't want someone breeding it). It was abandoned during halloween , turned into a hatchling, and then managed to grow up and is currently resting on someone's scroll. The only eggs I have that are wild are usually messy tinsels/shimmers and I suspect someone caught them and then released them much later. Could the time the egg is abandoned change the times the hatchlings show up in the AP or am I missing something?

Edit: Here's the dragon http://dragcave.net/lineage/gusCI

Edited by Sarah864

I forget what the AP was like during the week of Halloween, but if the time of the AP eggs is pushed to 5 days or higher, then yes, abandoned hatchies will show up instead of going wild.

For instance, during the Christmas week with a lot of people focusing just on Christmas eggs, the time eggs had left in the AP crept up steadily, till it was 5d 16h or so a few days after Christmas. Its been creeping down ever since. Soon, it will be at 4d again, and there abouts it will hold, if previous times are any indication.

Cheers!

C4.

The hatchlings should appear on the first page of the AP.

If we remove the extra day that gets added to eggs, that will mess up a lot of people's chances of getting a Neglected dragon. The hatchlings showing up first would do enough to solve this problem without getting rid of the add-a-day mechanic.

If we remove the extra day that gets added to eggs, that will mess up a lot of people's chances of getting a Neglected dragon.

huh.gif How would it? I honestly don't see it. At the very worst, they'd have to hold the egg for one more day. But under the current AP system, once the system re-equilibrated, the eggs on the AP would show the same approximate times they do now. The only difference would be that those times would be the "real" times, so to speak.

huh.gif  How would it?  I honestly don't see it.  At the very worst, they'd have to hold the egg for one more day.  But under the current AP system, once the system re-equilibrated, the eggs on the AP would show the same approximate times they do now.  The only difference would be that those times would be the "real" times, so to speak.

We aren't supposed to talk about this so I won't get into specifics. But, if a particular user uses the AP and it's add-a-day feature as part of their ND saving strategy, this will affect them.

Edited by Renorei

We aren't supposed to talk about this so I won't get into specifics. But, if a particular user uses the AP and it's add-a-day feature as part of their ND saving strategy, this will affect them.

*points at scroll and signature*

I do know how to make an ND, thanks. And that method hasn't been viable since TJ closed the AP trading loophole.

I forget what the AP was like during the week of Halloween, but if the time of the AP eggs is pushed to 5 days or higher, then yes, abandoned hatchies will show up instead of going wild.

For instance, during the Christmas week with a lot of people focusing just on Christmas eggs, the time eggs had left in the AP crept up steadily, till it was 5d 16h or so a few days after Christmas. Its been creeping down ever since. Soon, it will be at 4d again, and there abouts it will hold, if previous times are any indication.

Cheers!

C4.

I have also grabbed hatchlings during normal times for them to grow up the second it hit my scroll. It clearly had enough views and was at the right time to grow up. Why did it wait to hit my scroll? I still have not heard a good explanation for why that happens if they always grow up to be wild if they have enough views to grow up and are at the right time.

Note that this was when all eggs and hatchlings that showed were at less than 3 days, 23 hours showing.

Edited by Nectaris

I have also grabbed hatchlings during normal times for them to grow up the second it hit my scroll. It clearly had enough views and was at the right time to grow up. Why did it wait to hit my scroll? I still have not heard a good explanation for why that happens if they always grow up to be wild if they have enough views to grow up and are at the right time.

Note that this was when all eggs and hatchlings that showed were at less than 3 days, 23 hours showing.

There will always be that moment when they grow up. I have grabbed the odd one at 1 day that didn't grow up instantly.... Luck, I'd say.

There will always be that moment when they grow up. I have grabbed the odd one at 1 day that didn't grow up instantly.... Luck, I'd say.

More than once though? The only time they have not grown up instantly was when they didn't have enough to grow up yet, and often weren't even gendered.