TSparkle123

Camp Half-Blood

Carlos, who had been playing with his cane before then, looked up and sighed. "So..." he drawled, trying to get everyone's attention, which wouldn't be too hard since he was a son of Aphrodite, his voice tended to catch people's attention. "Is everyone prepared? Armor and whatnot with you?" he called out, putting his blue-plumed helmet on and taking charge of the situation. He was one of the only Aphrodite kids to have a knack for leadership and fighting, his charisma just helped him with that. "Anna," he turned to the girl with an odd smile, "can Dragon-chick can handle Skeleton Army? If so, Dragon-Chick should be best at dealing with Lucifer and his personal army, which I'm sure he's going to use. As well as Aludra, since your the craziest daughter of Hecate, Goddess of Magic and Necromancy an' all. Right, Aludra?"

Aludra shrugged and grinned, twirling her parasol, but refusing to put on a blue-plumed helmet; she wrapped a blue ribbon around her arm instead. She was rather special so, instead of a helmet, shield, sword or something like that, she just used her parasol. It was charmed to be stronger than most celestial bronze shields anyways. "I have a way of transferring the control of skeletons to me..." she ended her sentence in a cackle of laughter that sounded quite evil. Carlos' eye twitched.

---

Lucifer turned towards the new kid, fiddling with his katana - now a necklace - and gave her a searching look. Poseidon, huh? A new cousin. He shrugged and grabbed a red-plumed helmet before taking out his katana again, this time without putting the sheath back on his necklace. Instead, he hung the katana at his side, ready to use at a second's notice. Lucifer then approached the Poseidon kid, his aura of death radiating from him and making people subconsciously move away.

"Your name was Macy, right?" he asked in a serious tone, which made people think some relative of his had died and that they were attending said relatives funeral currently, as soon as he got into talking distance, "I'm Lucifer, son of Hades. I hope you prove to be as powerful as a child of Poseidon's should be, for your own good. It's a pleasure to have you on this team." He then offered her a red-plumed helmet his features schooled into an expressionless mask.

Edited by SoiledLove

Anna snarled at Carlos. "Death's daughter needs nither armor nor help. Only three would go in. We need you to set traps around the borders.." she looked at Aludra. Then she looked at Carlos with her single golden eye, lip curling as if it pained her to say this. "You are a experienced camper here. We need you to help Stark... is it? Gard the flag. Remember ...place it in a tree. Easy to see hard to get to. Have it be ten feet up and in a tree where thay can't jump to it. Thay have threw you to get the flag. Is everything clero?" She pulled out a langth of leather that looked like a harness. She handed it to Aludra." Can you put a charm on this to just turn it azul? ¿por favor?" Her English and Spanish mixed up when she was irritated.

(((( translation Clero: clear? Azul: blue por favor: please. For thoughs who dont know spanish.)))

Carlos gave a lopsided grin that never failed to charm the majority, if not all, of the girls who saw it. "Sure then, Death Girl. Let's see you beat Corpse Breath then, though I'd probably start fighting with Stark if you asked me to be a guard. Either that or take a nap. I don't do guards. Way to boring, Death Girl. You can only make a plan if you know the people who are a part of your plan and you should never underestimate my little friend, Skull Head. For all we know, he might summon an army of tranquilizer dart-using skeletons and shoot us all into submission," he said, opting to use teasing nicknames and voice completely losing the authoritative tone he held before. Then he made a face and added in a mock affronted tone, "Plus, I hate climbing trees. Wouldn't want the branches and leaves to ruin my pretty face now." He grinned and waggled his eyebrows suggestively. Though Carlos was a leader-type, he would never take the job seriously, mainly just to get the others on-topic or something. He was way to easy-going for such a responsibility, unless, of course, it was a life-or-death situation. "But, I digress. Any other brilliant plans, my dear Lady of Passing?" he asked with a mock bow before grinning somewhat stupidly. And that stupidity somehow managed to, amazingly, suit his effeminate features.

Aludra snorted in amusement then gave a bought of near-hysterical giggles before taking what Anna had given her. Aphrodite charm had never affected her, but that was probably because she was seriously mentally unhinged. "Sure! Now, behold, the greatness that is magic!" she said in a overly-dramatic voice, grinning slightly crazily and giggling again. She muttered something and her parasol decided to take a little journey, floating around her head. Then she waved her hand and the length of leather slowly brightened into a sky blue before she handed it back with a "Tada!". Absently, Carlos wondered how Aludra knew Spanish as he watched her snatch the parasol from the air once more. Sometimes, that girl just seemed to know things. She said it was something about how magic and will/incentive/desire were similar in more ways than one, but he didn't really remember...

"Man," he then whispered to Aludra, "She's even bossier and more arrogant than Thunder Head and any other siblings he may have. Even the Owl Brains don't match up to her self-confidence." This drew another bout of incredibly mad laughter from the mentally unstable Daughter of Hecate, making the people around then either edge away warily or grin stupidly, but mainly the former, since no one had heard what they were talking about. Carlos continued, "You think I should try to be more like her? I am the hottest guy in Aphrodite and quite confident that my swordsmanship is unreached by almost all of the people in camp." That made Aludra choke on her laughter while trying to reply.

"Only because you're practically the hermit of the training grounds. Everyone knows that."

Edited by SoiledLove

Stark nodded, both to confirm his name, and in agreement with the task. He was a fairly good climber, even weighed down in armor. He twitched slightly when Carlos mentioned fighting him, but he kept his face more or less smooth, not wanting to provoke anyone. Some of these campers didn't seem all that sane. He was glad that the guy hadn't come up with some annoying nickname for him, and he stood quietly off to the side in hopes it would stay that way. Carlos seemed narcissistic, and Stark wanted to dislike him, but it was difficult resisting the Aphrodite charm that he admitted. It was difficult getting under Stark's skin, but Carlos had managed it.

Anna snarls getting on her tip toes unaffected by the smile. Her eye looked strate in to his. Getting nose to nose with him it changed to a wolfs eye. "Fine... go on border patrol. " her voice changed to a low growl. "I have fought monters worse then your friend. I was on the streets since i was three years old. Twelve years on the streets in the woods. Listen to me Dove-boy, i never said you had to climb a tree. Now...i may not be no owl child, but i know death. Sulfer breath is both a tear gas and deadly to all monsters not to demigods .... " her wolf eye widend and she turned and hacked. She whiped her mouth takeing the harness from Aludra. ""gracias Oh.... and call me bossy agein.... and i'll show you why even the Kindly ones avoid me.." She snarled. Wolf sences haveing herd everything. Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Aludra couldn't take it anymore: she collapsed on the ground in a fit hysterical giggles. Carlos raised an eyebrow and snorted, amusement gone. "And to say we haven't? That would be a lie. You don't know me, or Aludra, so don't act as if you've had a worse life than we have. Maybe something in her sanity wasn't born to be there, but it certainly is there now. Some of the worst monsters come from within," his tone was icy and something flashed into his eyes before disappearing, "Thanatos vs. Hades, wonder who would win..." He grinned and gave a mocking salute, "Boarder Patrol it is, Bossy Princess Death and Ms. Lack of Humor," he said cheerfully before walking off as if nothing happened. Aludra picked herself up, but carried on giggling. That giggling soon turned into full-blown hysterical shrieks of laughter, before slowly calming down so that she was smiling serenely again. Oh, it was hilarious. That's what she would've told any who asked her why she was laughter. She just found it funny when people talked about the darker aspects of their lives or tried to threaten others. Though threats and intimidation had zero effect on Carlos, having to train everyday with Lucifer. She suddenly clapped her hands together and squealed. "Cool! Child raised by the undead vs. child raised by herself! Can't wait! Don't be late!" she chirped, a look of pure innocence on her face.

Jack took that moment to wave his hands around and roll his eyes. "Talk about drama," he declared loudly as he rolled his eyed then turned on the new girl. "Look, honey, you aren't special. People here have had it much worse than you. Death's kid? Don't make me laugh. I'd stop talking about yourself like you're some sort of tragic princess before people get upset. And when people get upset, you get hexed or fall in love with obscure barn animals. So just be quite about your terrible backstory or whatever and play the game with the rest of us. After wards, you can go back to being moody and tragic and everything else."

"Yeah, what he said," Aludra chirped, "And, being Aphrodite's favorite child, Carlos is not someone you want to anger or upset. His past life was pretty tragic, too, but he doesn't go around convincing people that he's better or more experienced due to that. Actually, he hasn't told anyone about his life before he came here," Aludra looked thoughtful, her smile serene, but sane, "All I know is that he's currently working as a model. And, just so that you'd know him better, I'll tell you that he tries to take everyone's thoughts off their pasts and lets people have a good laugh about the present. He's doing everyone a favor by not dwelling on the past and helping people to overcome it, especially me and... Corpse Breath... So we'd prefer if you didn't come in and ruin it." She frowned slightly, the expression looking out of place on her face before it was gone. "Plus, I think you two would make a good couple if you could chill. Ah, I can see it now, the Tragic Duo!" Aludra giggled, trying to tease in order to make up for Carlos' absence and making a joke out of something that was meant to be serious.

She tried to school her features into something that resembled a stern look, but failed, giggling instead. "I would also like to warn you that the last person that made Carlos upset did fall in love with a barnyard animal. In fact, I remember it being a cow... Or was it a duck?" A giggle. "And I saw with my very own eyes the complete breakdown of a iron-wall-like persona," Another giggle "As well as a glimpse of Carlos' past," Giggle, "And why Aphrodite adores him so much, not to say it's favoritism, but it's actually more like compensation," A final giggle, "Imagine that! A child of Aphrodite who fears love!" Her parasol hand shot to her mouth, the parasol floating, and she suddenly burst into giggles again. "Oops, shouldn't have said that... Maybe someone should go make sure he's okay, I mean, he gets panic attacks sometimes." Now Aludra was being dead serious, her smile sad and completely sane. "They're pretty bad and... like... but he won't like it if we see him in a moment of weakness. Though he's already gone into the woods, you know? He could be anywhere now and..." Aludra sighed in frustration before saying. "He's probably the worst affected by the past, believe it or not, but he has an entirely different persona for appearances. Um... I think I said too much..." she grinned brightly, "Anyways! The game! Anna, if you're going to be the leader, you'd better understand the people, not just the tactics. Let's do this then!"

Edited by SoiledLove

Anna blinked. Her eye back to normal and she coughed up a little blood. "Love magic whont work on me. Trust me." She hacked some more.. it loked at first red phlem.... but the more she coughed, the more it looked like blood. "You are what... 17? Have a nice life. I might not live as long as you." With yhat she turned in to the woods., getting ready for the game. " Are you guys in or am i going solo? Game starts in ten." She didn't like love children. She was dieing. Her kindness extended to thoughs who followed that golden rule. Wolves where honest and honorible. Fighting with the children of love was beneth her. Tragic princess. Have them feel the pain of her curse. Thay wouldn't last a day with that kind of pain. Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Chamire watched the drama unfold before her, choosing to stay out of it as nothing she would say could effect the situation. "I will go see if he is okay, no?" She said, walking off to follow Carlos. She didn't really have a difficult past or anything. Her mom had always been there, even though Chamire could have survived fine on her own. She had kinda always known about her dad being Hermes. That was the only her mother could explain why the things she touched disappeared. So really her life had been easy, apart from moving to America and having to learn a new language.

Jack rocked back and forth and motioned to Anna's back. "And that, everyone, is how you don't make friends," he declared with a roll of his eyes. Of course love magic would work on her. Love magic worked on everyone, even people who hated each other. And even though he was curious why she kept hacking up gods knew what, he also had been completely turned off from any chance at friendship from her silly little speech about being Death's kid. They were at Camp Half Blood! What was going to happen to her? He shrugged and walked into the woods as well, taking his bow off his back at the same time. No close combat weapons for him because if he could touch someone, they were going to stop chasing him and start trying to kiss a tree.

"Yeah, I'll go..help with that," Stark voiced quickly, following Chamire to find Carlos. He hated conflict, and there was definitely conflict going on here. He had a great life compared to the rest of them. His dad was always there for him, and he cared about him. Sure, he had as much teenage angst as anyone else, but at the end of the day, he still loved the guy. He hadn't grown up on the streets, or in the woods, or some far-off country. He wasn't the son of death itself. No, his mother was the rainbow goddess; things didn't get any easier for a demi god than that. He fell into step behind Chamire, glad for the change in atmosphere. "So that was something..."

Anna walked a long time till she crossed the creek and stoped at a big ash tree. The dryad here was her friend. She statred coughing and crying. The elven girl stould by her trying to calm her. "Stuped curse! I whant the pain to go away!....I tryed everything Ash... even Gorgon's blood whont work! "

Ash the tree's dryad spoke softly. " you never said it hert before...."

Anna hacks agein."You know when you drinking something and it gose down the rong pipe?... well it feels like that.. but with napalm in my lungs. The cough fits are worse.. the age most of my family dies was 16 to 18. Mom got lucky... she lived to 22." She sighed.. then snarls smelling jack.. good thing she walked fast.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Chamire nodded, "Oui, too much drama, even for the French." She joked. "But then, most of the drama back home did not involve children of the gods." She added in a more serious manner. She always wondered why the gods even had children, wouldn't they have learned to use condoms and whatnot? If they had to have it, why not have it responsibly? Her mind jerked away from her mental conversation and back to the task at hand. Edited by chicbecause

Anna sat by the tree, watching for jack to come. No one snuck up on her. Her coughing fit had stopped and she breathed deeply, ready to shift in to a dragon in a second.

((The rules have been edited, just so you all know.

Aroara, when I read on your form that her mom died when she was two, I assumed that she went to the care of another family member or foster services, as it simply wasn't logical that she'd end up on the streets at such a young age. Even if they were a demigod, a three year old wouldn't live long on their own. I'm sorry, I'm very picky about this stuff. I know this is a fantasy roleplay, but rules of logic and reality still have a place here. Also, you told me when I accepted your sheet that you'd run your posts through Word before actually posting. I'm not seeing that level of correctness here.

Sorry again, if I sound rant-y.))

Macy shrugged in reply to Selenia. "I don't know much about weapons, really. I live in a suburb, and my school doesn't have a fencing club," she said. That would be infinitely cooler than 'Do Whatever You Want at Lunch Club'. "I guess I could borrow your knives, though. Everyone seems really excited for this; I don't want to keep people waiting." She laughed a little at Tali's comment. It was an awkward, "I'm not sure if that was a joke or what" laugh. When she explained that it was a compliment, Macy was a little confused but smiled. "Thanks." She looked over at Lucifer as he spoke. Something about him struck her as creepy. She decided to try to stay away from him. "Yeah. Macy James," she replied. "Er, thanks, I guess."

Theo rolled his eyes at all the welcoming of the Poseidon girl. Now was not the time. They were not a girls' bicycle club, they were a group of demigods who were about to go to battle. He found that Capture the Flag was always much more fun if he played the part. He also found that he wasn't the best leader, as he wasn't a... People person, as most would put it. If he was going to put together a plan, though, he needed to know the people. Some just wouldn't abide with being a guard, and some loved the offensive. "Hello, I am Theo. We need you and Sadie by the creek. That's where you Poseidon kids are best. Agreed, Zoey?"

Macy just stood there and shrugged. This guy was much more to the point and much less friendly than the others. They'd probably get along just fine.

Emmie sighed at the ridiculous bickering that was going on. Anna, daughter of Thanatos, left on the streets at the age of three, woe was her. She'd heard too many sob stories to really give a crap. Everyone wanted something, and their first resort was making people pity them. If this girl wanted the respect of the team, she'd have to knock it off and start being a leader. Just telling people where to go would not do. As if their odds weren't bad enough already, most of the team had already left before they had a plan. She couldn't even hand out the cool little smoke bombs she had set up! 'Twas a shame was what it was! She held four of them out to Aludra. "I was planning on giving one to each cabin in the team, but I guess splitting the whole group between us two will have to do."

Selenia took on a more serious look as Theo gave the order. They were playing Capture the Flag rght now, greeting new campers coudl come later. "Where would you like me to go?" she asked Theo, ready to get to her position. She lacked her close-range weapon now but she should be able to make up for that loss in battle just fine.

"Lucifer and Tali are our distractions. They need to make just enough noise and have just enough presence that they make the guards think they're our strike force while you and Steph work on actually getting the flag and getting back to our side. Once Hades has seen the flag is in our hands, they'll be defending you two. Zoey and I will be the guards, and Poseidon will be our last defense or offense either way," Theo answered, smirking a little. The plan wasn't extravagant, by any means, but it would be enough. He wasn't about to create the best plan ever only to have it be brutalized by a new, inexperienced camper. The next Capture the Flag would be much more intricate, for sure. Macy would be ready, then.

(((Can't ..on kindle most the time. And as i said she changes in to animals. She lived as one.. shifting between forms most her life. That is how she survived for a wile. I kinda thought it was a given. She has lived as a monster... so its obvios she dosent like people at first. Anna dosent quite get team work or friends yet. To her every one gets in the way. Her personality is... a little odd agein as i said. Plus i said ill try. Half the time i am on my kindle. It doesn't have word!)))'

Anna stayed in her cabin.

Jack sighed then turned to the girl nearby who would be actually taking the flag. "So Miss Death has run away. I guess I'll be the distraction then. Just make sure you get in and out without any delay." He looked at the rest of the team then nodded. "Alright, let's do this. We can't afford to delay if we want to win!"

Carlos crouched in the bushes, well concealed considering his strong, attention-bringing aura and illustrious appearance. Sound Stealer was in one hand and Sound Stealer's sheath was in his other hand, held in a back-hand grip. He studied the intricate designs on the sheath, the cane, that you had to look really close to see with a hollow gaze. Growling angrily to himself, he ran a hand (and part of the cane) through his hair, ruffling it up. He didn't need to be reminded about ANYTHING before his fourteenth birthday. ANYTHING after his fifth. That girl was really... really stuck-up, for the lack of a better word (due to his inability to think while trying to concentrate on beating back the painful memories... Ohsopainfulmemories... Better to just expel them or lock them away... Facing them never helps anyways. Never. Never... Never...), did she think she was the only one hurt? The only one to carry a burden upon their shoulders? The only one that was in danger? Of course not. Carlos mentally scoffed. Being a demigod, you usually only lived till your late teens, maybe early twenties if you were lucky, sometimes, but only rarely, you died of old age.

His breath caught in his throat as he was plagued by a flashback.

"Please... Please... Don't!" (Who was that? Maybe it was him? The voice sounded so... young... so... familiar)

"Quiet, child... Don't worry... Everything is fine..." (As if. He really couldn't imagine who'd be stupid enough to believe a voice like that. A voice obviously too occupied to pay attention of forcing the correct emotion into it. An evil, unpleasant voice that twisted the meaning of those words)

He was in the dark again, wherever that was. It honestly didn't matter to him much. What mattered was the shaking body in his arms. Shock-ridden sobs raked the small boy spasmodically as he tried his best to comfort the younger one. "Shh... It'll be alright..." Suddenly, the door flew open and light surged in...

Gasping for breath, Carlos pulled out of the daze to see that he had cut into his wrist subconsciously to try and pull himself back to the present. It was only a thin line of blood, but it stung slightly. Frowning, he quickly jerked the blade of his dagger away from his wrist before his body had the time to make yet another unconscious suicide attempt. When life was like hell on earth, death was the only way to escape and it seemed that his subconscious agreed with him.

((I'll edit this post to get my other two characters in later))

Anna sat on the floor of her cabin. It was made out of the glowing grey rock that was in Erebos.. She had only one bed... the cabin being made like hera's ... an honorary thing. She stared at the wall of trophies. It was covered in monster hides and horns and fangs. She may have lived in the woods and streets but she stayed close to her home. All of these, aquired after a time, where ones that her ansesters killed. Every member of her family took down a great monster at some point. She killed Lycon, but the other few monsters was nothing compared to what her family line has done.

She turned to the right wall, two tables filled with candles and old portraits, lined with candy skulls, soup and bread for the dead. She mostly lived in the woods.... but an elderly woman sometimes helped her during harsh winters. The woman didn't do much, just let her in and gave her food when she was cold and hungery. A mortal, who saw threw the Mist. Even then the kind lady died when she was five.. then left alone she turned more beast then human.

((Ok fyi.. all my carries have long complex historys. The breaf line on skelly doesn't explain the whole thing.)))

Jarvis let out a loud sigh of relief as he finally made it to the top of the hill. The smell of strawberries filled the air and, at the bottom of the hill, he could see the summer camp he had been told about. His mother had told him never to go there but after leaving her, he met up with a group of other people like him and they pointed him towards the camp. They each went their separate ways but he had found the camp. Apparently, he could find even more people like him at the camp. He wouldn't have to worry about being chased down by giant, mutant dogs that other people couldn't see anymore.

Jarvis paused as he took a closer look at the camp, finding it completely and utterly deserted. It seemed like everyone was gone from the camp. Where had they all gone? Off to do some camp activity maybe? Biting his lip, Jarvis frowned then made his way down the hill. "Hello?" he called out, frowning. "Is anyone here?"

The door to her cabin was open. The inverted torches blazed with black fire. A red butterfly hung above the door, around it was a wreath of Lillys and poppies. She frowned at the sound... she remembers voices well.. this one she did not know. She hid in the shadows of the cabin. Anna had forgotten that she had taken off the eye patch, revealing a lilac violet eye with darkend skin in a cresent moon shape that curved over her eye.

Jarvis sighed when no one responded. All of the cabin doors were shut save one very creepy looking one nearby. That one was wide open. Maybe someone was inside? He walked over and stepped up to the cabin, peering inside quietly. "Hello?" he called, trying to see into the shadows. His golden eyes searched around and he frowned. "Is anyone in here?"