Switch

Super Smash Bros: 3DS/WiiU

SPOILERS AHEAD!

Do not read on if you do not wish to be spoilerified.

~

Guys. GUYS. GUUUUUUUYYYYYYS.

and Ryu leaks have INTENSIFIED! ALL BUT CONFIRMED! Ermahgerd so excite ;A; I'm expecting them to be announced tomorrow during the Sm4sh event. SO EXCITED!

Also side note Roy look super hot in Sm4sh js. Both because of T3H PH1R3 and because daaaaaayum.

Edited by PieMaster

I was trying to keep away from leaks but I was inadvertently spoilerified earlier this morning so anyway

I have to say, I'm pretty hyped too! Not so much for Ryu, because I never played any SF games and barely know the character at all, but you bet I'm excited for Roy! I'm hoping they changed him up a bit to be less of a 'clone' (looks like they did) but really I'm not all concerned about that /v\

Also that makes for two third-party characters from the same company (Capcom) in one game.

I saw the updates, too, and I feel hyped up for these two characters. I'm also excited to see the original Dreamland stage come back (it was one of my favorite stages during my childhood) and I'm excited for the Megaman costumes for the Miis. I'm going to make a female Mii and put her in a Zero costume to have a female Zero.

I have to say, I'm pretty freakin happy with how Roy plays in SSB4- they kept what I liked about him in Melee (the strength and close range style), and made him faster and even more powerful.

Maybe even too good. laugh.gif

I've been hearing talk on the smashboards that Roy's pretty freakin' good even at a metagame level, possibly upper mid-tier even. Arguably the best of all the FE chars, though the others (except for Robin) received some nice frame/lag/knockback changes in this update. I can actually combo from jab one now wow amazing

Also can I just say that I love how the flare blade has like no endlag. It's byootiful.

i dont rly care about roy or ryu i jsut want amaterasu in smash capcom please hear me out

i dont rly care about roy or ryu i jsut want amaterasu in smash capcom please hear me out

I'd honestly be surprised if we got more than 2 from the same 3rd party.

I'd like another Namco rep if anything, since there's both Klonoa and the Tales series to pick from.

amaterasu tho.... pls understand........ theres not like a limit on character slots or anything didnt sakurai say that? we could get another capcom character theres nothing stopping it...

[gets down on hands and knees] i just really want amaterasu pls understand

also NiGHTS but thats less likely

God... playing with a Wiimote sideways is terrible, so hard to combo. I really need a GC controller, or Wii Pro. What do you guys prefer?

I recently got a Wii U (and Sm4sh), been having lots of fun even though I get rekt online. I used a GC controller in Brawl but I'm fine using the Gamepad. I don't really have a main but I enjoy using the alikes of Rosalina, Charizard and King Dedede. Still hoping here they'll release King K. Rool as DLC.

(PS: if anyone wanna smash, gimme a heads-up! I'll battle you whether on 3DS or Wii U.)

OH MY GOD

Spoilers:

I know. I'm so totally psyched and even more excited that its also for the 3DS. wub.gif

user posted image

Edited by Syiren

I'm more excited that we have a casual/semi-competitive friendly swordsman.

His Entire D-air has a meteor, in the trailer!

I literally can't wait to buy him, new main inbound.

no more anime sword ppl pls i dont even want sora in anymore e n ou g h sw o rds

amaterasu fr smash pls sakurai

OH MY GOD

Spoilers: " CLOUD IS CONFIRMED FOR SMASH OMFG "

(highlight the quotes)

I was so excited by this! I think this was my favorite Nintendo Direct to date. This will be the first time I've ever bought DLC.

i was kind of annoyed tbh i mean i like fire emblem but we've got like six fire emblem characters but whatever im over it now bayonetta made up for it

i never even played bayonetta but im so down for this im gonna main her and buy her amiibo she's super cool looking

Edited by Switch

IDK I think Corrin is a great addition, because (s)he is a unique Sword fighter (Unlike Lucina, who I am still salty over not being just an alt for Marth. I loved her as a character in Awakening, but I don't feel that her moveset is different enough from Marth to justify her own spot on the roster). The dragon transformations look pretty awesome.

I'd much rather see unique fighters than clones (Roy, Dark Pit, Lucina, Dr. Mario, toon link, etc).

The clones irk me especially because they've shown they can do different characters for alt skins (Alph and the koopalings).

Think of how many spots that would have freed up on the roster...

FE does have six spots now, but so does pokemon. Mario has a billion spots (albeit they are like the main nintendo game). FE is super popular in Japan and since Japan is one of their biggest markets (and of course Nintendo is headquartered there) it's no surprise that they included a lot of FE reps in the game.

Aside from that, I'm pretty excited for Bayonetta. I haven't played her games but I intend to at some point. I'm happy we have such a kick-butt female character in the game, and with a completely unique and awesome looking move-set.

I don't envy the person who has to figure out how to make her amiibo mass producible though. She's probably one of the most detailed characters on the roster. I wouldn't be surprised if they cut certain details like the charms hanging off her guns.

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

I've never heard of Bayonetta, mainly because when it comes to Nintendo I mostly stick to the handheld system. But she looks like a fun character to play and a fierce opponent to go up against.

I'm so excited to find out more about Cloud and that he's available now. Hopefully their won't be much lag and I can get him later on today. wub.gif I love how it showed a quick snippet of him fighting Link. I remember watching their Death Battle and felt that Cloud had gotten the unfair short end of the stick in that fight. Now I can pit these two against each other as much as I want.

Plus, that artwork from Numora was so awesome! I would love to have that as my wallpaper. <3

This is the first that I've heard about Bayonetta being a playable character. Can't wait for her, but I need to visit the site more often so I can get news on it.

@Lady_Nightfox: I think some of those characters are different enough from their original versions that they can't really be classified as clones. Toon Link and SSB4 Roy for example. (Melee Roy was identical to Marth.) Dr. Mario is close enough to be called a clone, but his down special is still different so... *shrug*, but you're absolutely correct about Lucina and Dark Pit.

Edit: Just went to the site and saw the videos for Corrin and Bayonetta, and wow! Corrin looks great, but Bayonetta just looks way OP! She has and ability to slow down her opponents all on her own, an ability that was previously reserved only for items, and she has a meteor smash that's not even an aerial move.

Edited by Lightstorm12000

I agree, Bayonetta seems to be way too OP with her gimmicky moves. That meteor smash will likely be overly abused. I think some tournaments may even ban her altogether because of those reasons... but who knows? Maybe not.

I don't understand why people are calling Corrin a clone. Sure, they're another sword wielding Fire Emblem character dat chainsaw sword tho, but their ability to transform into a dragon and other moves set them apart from other FE characters. The devs also don't have much time to work on every individual distinctive characters, so that explains the other clones like Dark Pit. I do wish for more unique characters though. Back to the point... Corrin seems really cool, I might get them and Cloud when I get back into Smash.

Edited by JolteonTails

People are just salty that there are six fire emblem characters when the fanbase isn't huge in the US/EU is the general consensus I've read online.

It's too bad because Corrin does look really awesome, (s)he isn't a typical sword fighter so I think (s)he'll make a good addition to the roster.

People are also salty that "we didn't ask for that character" but never once in the direct did they say Corrin was asked for or part of the poll...

I like Corrin because FE bias and also four out of six are unique and the other two are just semi/clones.

I'd like to pocket them.

Bayonetta... I'm looking to pick her up as a secondary or co-main. Both of my current mains are close range/mid range fighters and I have trouble against zoners. Plus combo hype - she looks fun to use. And I wanted her in the game anyway!