Switch

Super Smash Bros: 3DS/WiiU

I'm satisfied with the current number of third party characters in the game. The iconic ones (Megaman, Pacman, and Sonic) are in there and that's good enough for me.

Though I DO wish that Snake was still in. I miss him and his cardboard box. :'c

I personally file Yoshi and Wario under the Mario franchise, myself. They might have their own franchises separate from Mario, buuuuut they were originally from Mario games (Yoshi being from Super Mario World and Wario being from Super Mario Land 2).

Rampaging Wyvern:

Excuse u what was this about "a couple Gamecube adapters?" I work at Gamestop and I couldn't even get one. ;; You're killing me here.

I forgot about Robin last night! What a fun character to use. He/She kicks some serious butt and I love spacing people and making them frustrated. :'D Haha. Elfire + Thoron combo for days.

I would have mained either Marth or Lucina, but I couldn't. I've mained Roy in Melee for the past 11-ish years and his fighting style is pretty much ingrained into my memory. Marth's sword works the exact opposite of Roy's so I end up timing everything like Roy with Marth and always hit the sourspot of his blade rather than the sweetspot.

And then you have Lucina, who just makes me sad to use because she literally replaced my boy ;n;

Edited by birdzgoboom

I want to say Roy could be possible future DLC but than again he is a clone of Marth and Lucina plus there are already 4 Fire Emblem characters in the game.

I kind of love the palette swap for characters that are similar instead of making clone characters with small tweaks. I like using the koopalings but they're not taking character slots up like they do in Mario Kart 8.

They should have done that with Lucina (make her a palette for Marth, and added Chrom as playable as well). They could have had Wolf as a palette for Fox. I would have liked Hilda as a palette for Zelda.

I never understood the complaint about there being so many fire emblem characters? I mean there's a bazillion pokemon and that's not their flagship game.

Each to their own I guess. Even with the annoyance I have of a few clone characters it's still an awesome game!

So the amiibo figures are actually really nicely made even with some of the changes. The second set that came out are better even detail-wise. (I keep having to stare at diddy kong for a while)

I've trained my Kirby amiibo to fight like I do but it finally surpassed me ;_;

I guess the only problem with making them a costume is the couple things that make them different. Like Dr Mario for example is down special is the tornado and his special is pills instead of fireballs. In a way technically he is not a clone.

Eh, I personally don't mind the clones as much except for Lucina, mostly because Awakening is my least favourite Fire Emblem game and Marth is just funner to use 'cause tipper. It also peeves me off that Zelda and Sheik were split up because now it's weird to use each of them separately.

It's sorta depressing how everyone freaked out when Megaman was announced but now no one uses him much at all ;_;7

And another thing, I wish they'd made a better Kid Icarus stage for the 3DS version. (Speaking of stages, why does Final Destination have an Omega version?)

I don't think that Fire Emblem has too many reps. The series is huge (much bigger in Japan than in the west, since the first game to leave Japan was FE7). It's got a ton of cool characters to choose from to put in Smash. o: And Roy still needs to come back and rep his own game again, too. Sob. ;;

Nightfox:

I would've loved to see Chrom playable, but I'm happy that he was at least added into Robin's final smash/victory pose.

On the topic of Amiibos... I've got quite a few Marth and Pit Amiibos (as well as other characters, but I only have one of all the others that I own). Three Marths, four Pits. Need moar, but both of them are sold out everywhere. :'U I have one of the Marths and one of the Pits out of their boxes, the others are staying in their boxes (except for one Pit that I'm taking out of box to mod into Dark Pit. I plan on doing the same thing when Pittoo's Amiibo comes out and mod one into Pit).

Out of all of them so far, the Pit Amiibo impressed me the most. It's fantastically detailed.

The only one I've seriously trained though is my Marth Amiibo. Did a 99 stock match with my Marthmallow and he went from level 1 to level 48 in just that one go. He's level 50 now though. 8D

Namine:

Dr Mario is still a clone of Mario. The only differences are aesthetic with a few damage and recovery tweaks. I've actually heard he's inferior to Mario because his recovery is worse, too. So not only is he a clone, but quite a few people consider him an inferior clone to the original character.

tots:

(I love your avatar, ahaha.)

Lots of people say that Megaman is underpowered, which I can kind of see since so many of his attacks are projectile-based. But dat up smash and down smash though.

I wish they had made a better KI stage for the 3DS too! It would've been nice to hear the remixed Destroyed Skyworld music in the 3DS version as well, but oh well...

Last I checked, Final Destination Omega stage is no different from regular Final Destination. The only change is that the background is different with some other fancy special effects, but the actual platform is the same.

I wouldn't mind clones so much if they didn't make me feel like they're taking a slot from someone who could be an original/new/returning character. It's not too big of a deal since I only play as a handful of characters normally (outside of completing challenges) and the game is so awesome anyway that it's not too much of a ding.

Haha yes the omega stage for final destination is silly.

I do love omega stages though. I get really annoyed when I get KO'd because of something going on in the stage (The Warioware Gamer stage is the particular culprit here, so many KOs from that angry mom). So taking that out of it is great and still getting to have scenery other than FD.

Speaking of stages what the heck is that MS paint stage from pac man, seriously that stage why.

BGB- Oh man I'm super jealous of your Marth amiibos D: I saw them in target (along with Villager and Wii Fit Trainer) the first weekend they were out and I told myself to wait because they wouldn't be popular. I regret it now.... especially since I pretty much just want all of them because I love having figures of franchises that don't get much love in the merch department in the US

They're not the only ones that are only getting one shipment out. A few others are Little Mac, Pit, and Captain Falcon. Nintendo hasn't officially declared them "discontinued" though. I just figure they're doing them in limited shipments to keep demand for the characters high, which is both understandable and annoying.

I knew Marth was going to be a super popular Amiibo just because of his popularity in Smash. WFT I figured wouldn't be popular (which she wasn't until the whole "discontinued" scare), and Villager I figured would be mildly popular (which was also true until the whole "discontinued" scare).

Nightfox, a good way to get a Marth Amiibo would be to import one if you're able to. I have two US ones (one in box, one out of box) and one JP Marth still in box for collector purposes. JP Marths seem to be less costly than the US ones and since Amiibos aren't region-locked, you would still be able to use him.

With clones again though, they were only added because the dev team had a little development time left before releasing the game. It wasn't enough dev time to make a totally new character, so they tweaked Lucina/Doctor/Pittoo and gave them their own slots. It was either three clones or nothing at all, and yeah, I would rather have three clones than have nothing. o: Especially since Pittoo is actually really good to use-- I like him just a little more than using Pit.

ETA: Well, Mac/Pit/Falcon were also available for like one day too this week from Gamestop, but only if you ordered them from one of our stores since they had a special SKU. We ended up getting our hands on a small supply of those three again but they're all gone now. Captain Falcon ended up selling out again within a few hours.

Edited by birdzgoboom

I did actually get a Captain Falcon amiibo. He's actually very nicely detailed. I wish I had gotten Pit in time D:

I also wish I had bit the bullet on preordering some from best buy mostly to get metaknight. The preorders are totally sold out now. (As are the other retailer exclusives)

Oh and thanks on the info on importing. I saw those online for cheaper but wasn't sure of the region capabilities. I'll definitely look into that when I'm not broke :'D

No problem! I would feel so much pain if I didn't have Marth or Pit. D':

I have a Captain Falcon too-- his Amiibo is fantastic as well.

The good thing for me working at Gamestop is that I could pre-order two Shulks really quickly while his pre-orders were still open. I have a friend who works at Target and managed to nab three Rosalina pre-orders. He's keeping one, giving one to me, and giving one to his friend. I promised him I'd pre-order him a Shulk if his pre-orders opened again, but my friend just ended up buying a JP one instead.

I'm not really hurting about missing out on Metaknight (I hate Best Buy tbh), but I do wish I was able to get at least one Lucario. Oh well.

Definitely pre-order any Amiibos that you want in the future, that's for sure. I think some people have realized it too late and have already missed out on a lot of the rarer ones. Some people glared at me for walking out with three Pits on day one of his release, but I didn't care because hey, I pre-ordered all of them. Not my fault they missed out! XD The fourth one ended up being a surprise present from a friend. Haha.

@ birdzgoboom

They aren't the big, awesome four-controller adapters, alas, they only support one controller each. But since only two people in this house play Smash it's fine and it was expensive enough as is. Still, I'd give almost anything ($70+ not withstanding @-@) for faster, more accurate input than what I get from the gamepad.

Ah man amiibos D: I dearly want some but I can't find any anywhere but eBay and then most go for double the retail price or more. I will be preordering Bowser very soon but man I'd love to get the FE ones, Samus, Fox and Link. Also Yoshi.

Apparently though Nintendo's looking into the amiibo shortage?? Reggie Fils-Aime apparently said they are. Though I'm not sure how reliable the source I read that from is.

Personally I think NoA totally underestimated how popular the amiibos would be.

Like I said earlier, most of the reason I'm buying them is because they're actually pretty super detailed for their price and half the characters have no merch for them or you have to import pricey stuff.

I think a lot of people have the same attitude I have as far as "oh my gosh this character has a figure sweeeeet *buys*"

That's why a lot of the figures are selling out so fast (plus that people panicked at the "discontinued" rumor true or not and bought up those to resell...)

I wish I could do more preordering but last month was brutal on money for me (student loan payments, rent, and christmas x_x) . I can never tell if a site will charge me preorder or not (I preordered Monster Hunter 4 the collector's edition and it has already charged me) so I tend to just wait until I have the money and then realize I waited too long.

Speaking of, I have Yoshi, Kirby, Luigi, Diddy Kong, Link, Fox, Captain Falcon, and Zelda. I got a bunch for christmas :3

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

So I've been wanting to mess around with the online mode and check out my connection speed, but I don't exactly want to just start a random match and I don't know many people who'd be willing to help me test it. Perhaps someone here can help?

ETA: I am a dreadful player, just as a heads up XD

Edited by rampaging wyvern

Mewtwo is live now, if you got the download code from club nintendo by registering both games. Though it's nice that he'll be available for everyone soon (and the price for the DLC is not bad)

P.S. Mewtwo, Final Destination, Awesome Screenshots

user posted image

user posted image

I haven't gotten my code yet, just hoping I wasn't forgotten xd.png If I don't get it by tomorrow I'll do a little probing, othewise I can't wait to try him out! He was my favorite battler in Melee,

As a side note, who did you guys vote for as a new battler? I said Wolf Link, even if Midna is already an assist.

Try checking club nintendo's website/log in and click the thingy. It might be on there and hasn't made it to your email.

So I found out you could vote/nominate multiple characters (well, as many as you want)

So I said, Midna, K.Rool, Dixie Kong (with strong emphasis to not make her a diddy clone), Shovel Knight (might as well try, right?), Isaac from Golden Sun, Tom Nook (seriously that one would be funny. They pulled off villager, they could pull off Tom Nook), and I think some others.

Mewtwo has had some buffs and nerfs since melee, but he does play fairly the same. The best thing I've seen, is his side-b confusion attack reflects projectiles that actually do damage to the original sender (they did not do this in melee)

Also apparently Diddy Kong got nerfed in the latest update.

Thank goodness for the Diddy nerf.

I'm not sure if we registered the Wii U copy of the game... I know we did the 3DS version. I'll have to check on that but... I don't particularly mind paying a bit of money later on.

Who did I vote for? The obvious! Rathalos from Monster Hunter. I feel that with the waves 4U has made in the West, a bit of representation in Nintendo's biggest advertisement could help raise awareness of the series yet further. Plus Monster Hunter has so many moves practically gift-wrapped for them to use. Although I can see Rath becoming rather like a Charizard clone.

Oh that's right! I voted for a Hunter (male and female). I figure they have enough weapon options to not have "another sword fighter"

I hadn't thought of Rath though! (they could even include the female counterpart as an alt skin)

That would be cool too.

Cool but hard I think. Since they are so customizable it might be hard for them to find middle ground with weapons, armor, etc, but I do like the idea.

No code yet, but since it seems Club Nintendo has been having issues I'm gonna wait.....AUGH GET HERE ALREADY!!!!!!!!

Mewtwo is live now, if you got the download code from club nintendo by registering both games. Though it's nice that he'll be available for everyone soon (and the price for the DLC is not bad)

Wait! Mewtwo is going to be available to everyone at some point? That's good to hear. That was one of the major frustrations for me regarding him. Not everyone can afford to buy a WiiU in such a short space of time (I just had some major expenses that I never planned on right when I was thinking about buying a WiiU), and Mewtwo had been one of my favorites in Melee.

Thanks for the link. I guess I should've checked that part of the site for better information.

I'm really beginning to think about tackling the online mode... when I get a proper gamecube controller and not the faulty replica with a broken spring that I'm using right now. I dunno, I guess it would be good for me to practise fighting against different characters and different playstyles, since right now my sister is pretty much my only opponent and she mains one character (like me hur... I need to focus on my secondaries more... I've wrecked stuff with Bowser and Charizard before!).

But I'm not sure if my internet connection is up to scratch plus I'm really actually scared that I might shape up to be a really bad player against everyone else, especially since I use mid-to-low tier characters. I gotta work on my self-confidence a bit :'3

Also I've been hearing stuff that you can set the c-stick to do tilt attacks but I'm not sure how if you even can? It'd be really useful for me, especially after the latest patch made it so analogue + c performs smash attacks and not tilts.

Still haven't gotten Mewtwo yet, hoping that something didn't happen so I emailed Nintendo. Though I will be ticked if I can't get the code for some reason, as long as I can get him at some point I'll live.

And I don't do online mode much, I get my butt handed to me xd.png

Edited by dragontamer44722