Lila

School/University/College

Turbles :3 Do want.

I can't believe I just wasted one and a half hours of my life on that... thing. Alcohol and drugs program wat >_____>

Cheesy. They had a series of skits on college kids doing dumb things with alcohol and reflecting on their mistakes, then we had to go have a discussion about the skits.

A waste of my time because I'm living at home which means no parties for me (not that I'd be inclined to go to one anyways... too busy).

And I got sick today too. Boo.

Ick, first math test is tomorrow morning. T AT

But at least I have ceramics later~ yay for dragon-guarding-horde-of-money-in-a-volcano-pot-"money jar".

: D

Edit: I hate smilies T nT

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

Cheesy. They had a series of skits on college kids doing dumb things with alcohol and reflecting on their mistakes, then we had to go have a discussion about the skits.

A waste of my time because I'm living at home which means no parties for me (not that I'd be inclined to go to one anyways... too busy).

And I got sick today too. Boo.

That sounds... special.

So these kids were pretending to be drunk and then reflecting on what they did wrong? Sounds like your typical thoughtful, introspective drunk.

Poor thing.

*pats*

I just got over being sick, so I know how you feel.

I spent the first week and a half coughing so hard I couldn't hear my professors. I think I annoyed them. xd.png

Seems like everyone on campus has got this thing I've got. Blaaaah.

Also. People, please stay out of the bike lanes! Really! And especially don't park yourself in the middle of a bike lane and just stand there chatting with friends! One day someone WILL run you over instead of going around you, and that person will be me!

Seems like everyone on campus has got this thing I've got. Blaaaah.

Also. People, please stay out of the bike lanes! Really! And especially don't park yourself in the middle of a bike lane and just stand there chatting with friends! One day someone WILL run you over instead of going around you, and that person will be me!

Bahaha, I quickly learned that when I was in Bremen for my study exchange, bike lanes are crazy all over the town there. 8|

So... if I take Applications of Molecular Genetics for 9 ECTS, my first lecture is tomorrow.

However, it doesn't jive well with Micology (and I HAVE to take that, because my research is about medicinal mushrooms), which has double lectures sometimes right before that. Guess I'll switch for Medical Microbiology. Because, while Applications sounds fancier, Medical Microbiology is more along the lines of my study/research branch, even if it gives me 6 ECTS and I'll have to pick up 3, not 2 choice classes in my last Master semester.

But you know what is really dumb? The fact that they put the Bacterial Diversity class on Friday, and it's the only Friday class I'd consider taking... but I'll probably skip many lectures because it's by that one prof whose lecture material I can easily learn at home and ace her classes, without the added boredom of her drowsy narrative.

Edited by lightbird

Best lab ever (or at least a portion of it)

We got to play with our legos molecule kits:

user posted image

Seeing a bunch of people in their early to late 20s playing with these is hilarious. Because at some point we all got bored of making our cyclohexanes and started making things, "its' a giraffe!" "It's a centipede with lots of legs!"

Is anyone here studying to be a nurse (or something along that lines)?

I'm going into medicine. (I'm majoring in biochemistry as a basis for getting into medical school)

Most of the people I know are nursing majors though.

(School is within walking distance of a hospital, so naturally the hospital has programs to pay for nursing students' tuition if they work for a certain amount of years for them)

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Well, I was just curious because I've heard of an insane amount of people studying medicine at the moment.

Seems to be the trendy course of study.

._.

With the economy the way it is, medicine is like, the way to go. It's a job field that will be needed no matter how poor or rich people are.

Also there's actually a lack of medical doctors. People want to be nurses because they make decent money, it's a guarantee job, and it doesn't take nearly the amount of school

*is never going to graduate*

Best lab ever (or at least a portion of it)

We got to play with our legos molecule kits:

user posted image

Seeing a bunch of people in their early to late 20s playing with these is hilarious. Because at some point we all got bored of making our cyclohexanes and started making things, "its' a giraffe!" "It's a centipede with lots of legs!"

I LOVE MOLECULAR MODEL KITS.

Best part about university chem for sure.

My favourite class right now is Latin. SO AWESOME. I cannot wait to learn how to insult people in Latin while sounding super smart. And you can bet I'll speak it all the time when I've learned some X3

I LOVE MOLECULAR MODEL KITS.

Best part about university chem for sure.

My favourite class right now is Latin. SO AWESOME. I cannot wait to learn how to insult people in Latin while sounding super smart. And you can bet I'll speak it all the time when I've learned some X3

Ructator is a good latin insult, rather juvenile but it's fun to use wink.gif

I'm not in college yet but I'll probably be dual enrolling next semester at a local college, taking some college classes in high school... College plans are getting a Government degree with a track in Strategic Intelligence ^.^

With the economy the way it is, medicine is like, the way to go. It's a job field that will be needed no matter how poor or rich people are.

Also there's actually a lack of medical doctors. People want to be nurses because they make decent money, it's a guarantee job, and it doesn't take nearly the amount of school

*is never going to graduate*

Well, look at it this way. With the amount of people entering the nursing career, it may not be so guaranteed shortly.

Demand does not necessarily always increase with supply, or if it does, it may not always increase at the same rate as the supply.

If the market becomes flooded with potential nurses, the pay goes down, less people get hired and there's more unemployment.

More happy politicians ("Oh yes, we'll fix this job crisis if you elect us"), but not very good for the people who went through any amount of schooling to get that degree.

Edited by Pink

Why I'm going into medicine. Also I actually have an interest in it *shocking is it not* I like understanding how people work and how to fix things.

My backup plan if my own health prevents though is biochemistry. Which is why I'm majoring in it and not a pre-med class. You only have to pass an MCAT, have a bachelor's degree and be accepted into a medical school.

If I can't go into medicine directly then I can sure as heck work behind the scenes figuring out some of the details of fixing people.

(Even if it means I get stuck titrating things and recrystallizing things my whole life, so much better than a desk job)

Medicine is more chemistry based anyway. Everyone knows the nurses and techs do all the real people work.

Doctor figures out what to give you and how much. Nurse holds you down while you're throwing up on them to give it to you.

If you have an interest in it, that I understand, but I think it's unwise to do anything SOLELY for the money.

I think ultimately you'll just end up really, really miserable.

:\

Yes, that's how I feel.

I genuinely want to go into medicine smile.gif

It's why I switched out of being an art major and am forcing myself through things like calculus.

I had a seizure in calculus yesterday. A little one, but enough to decommission myself for the entire class.

The great thing about my school is I had a whole array of people who offered me notes today. It really meant a lot to me to see how caring people can be.

Is anyone here studying to be a nurse (or something along that lines)?

I hope to be come September.

We had one of these in a Chemistry lab work, only the atoms were round and we ended up making a peptide necklace. I even have a photo of my classmate showing it off somewhere in my folders.

I went to the alcohol and drugs presentation and went away wondering if there were really so many people who did those sorts of things... turns out yes, as during lunch I sat next to a group of girls who were talking about their partying experiences. One mentioned "chugging half a bottle of wine".

Gross.

Also, I love this dining hall. So much variety and the foo'ds pretty good too. Omnomnom.

Well missing class tuesday was a bullet to my head with taking that test in calculus.

(Even with having notes from someone, they weren't really understandable without a teacher telling me what was going on)

I got 3/4 way through going "wow this is so easy, I had nothing to worry about"

And then I got to derivatives of f(x) and I was like, o_o I missed this... And a couple problems after you used the answers from the first one so... I had absolutely no idea of what I was doing.

I drew a mudkip and when the teacher went out in the hall I put my test in the pile and bailed.

I am hoping so. It was a pretty nice mudkip.

I tried the problems at least. I put some numbers down and tried factoring things.

So points for trying at least. He knows very well I wasn't there tuesday (Considering he was the one to lift me out of my chair and put me on the ground when I was having my little ordeal there). So hopefully some leniency (or at least the points for putting something down)

I'm breeding fruit flies now in genetics. We put them to sleep to determine male and female under the scope and it was a little disturbing how their little legs twitch when they're off sleeping. Hopefully mine didn't drown in their media.