Lila

School/University/College

Fruit flies are to biology students what titrations are to chemistry students, it seems xd.png

Oh god, I hated titrations.

I'm going to get my first grades in a few days.

I am nervous. D:

Good luck!

I don't start this school year until the 12th of September... and wow, I get very long summers at university. Final exams for second semester are over by the end of April and then we get until the second week of September off.

Labor day weekend is so random.

It happens so soon after the start of school.

Bad thing is I miss my favorite class because it happens to fall on monday. D:

I'm the poor sucker who has to work the long weekend xd.png Though it's not bad because I still have a week left before I actually start classes.

I've had my college been there, done that for several years and graduated over a year ago. I went to a university for one year but before then I had no goals as to what my career life will be. Plus, I only scraped by with barely passing grades there on academic courses. Then when I found this community college has courses for computer digital graphics and even gaming, I transferred to there. The courses were much cheaper than at the university I was at and I learned a lot from basic Photoshop to web page design. After I graduated with a degree under that stuff, I attended a few gaming classes while I was seeking a job but I ended up being more concerned with getting good grades in my classes than to find a job I went to college for.

There are three categories under gaming, and I mean gaming as in making video/computer games. The categories are artist, designer, and programmer. Programmer, as you might imagine, is the most difficult part of gaming; it's basically telling CPU's what to do in a game. Artist is more of what I am into and maybe a bit of designer. Designer makes levels and artist makes characters and environments. Only thing I am not good at is drawing.

I want to see now if I can get into a gaming industry, but I believe what I learned from the digital communication side of my college life may also help out with that.

I dunno, something about college or what it is, but in the past few weeks I've been mistaken for a guy a lot. I don't mind, it's just confusing at times. "Who, me?"

Especially when several people are calling me "sir" and I'm all o_o Huh?

lul

o___O That's rather bizarre. Did you get a new haircut or something? If I get my hair cut really short people seem to think I'm a guy, which is why I now refuse to cut it ever.

I made my locker awesome today. Filled it with magnets (and some textbooks that I don't want to have to haul back and forth) and other stuff like a mini stapler and a pocket sized hand sanitizer. For some reason it made me really happy.

lul I've had short hair for most of my life. Much more convenient than long hair.

This is pretty much how I look.

Maybe it was the shirt. Today I wore a plaid shirt. Plaid seems to be a guy thing.

Sounds like fun. In highschool I had a lot of magnets and stuff on my locker too :3 Right now they're all on the fridge. I did buy a little whiteboard wall stick-on so that I could write URGENT messages to myself. Like how tomorrow I have to get up early for a club thing.

Clubs are fun, but @_@ my time.

Anyone else have sucky washing facilities at their college? The washers here don't clean anything, and I have to pay 1.50 every time I do my laundry for a half-done job ;__;

Could be. Who knows xd.png I very rarely call people "sir" or "ma'am" at work, I'd feel horrible for making a mistake there.

I bought magnetic poetry so I can create awesome sentences in my locker with the words on the magnets. This is how mature I am in university.

Good news is all of my fat textbooks fit in there too despite my locker being so darned small. xd.png

No sucky sucky $1.50, since I'm living at hope ;p

I prefer "sir" to "ma'am" even though I am/view myself as female; it just sounds... cooler. But since it confuses people (including me) I don't insist people call me that or anything. Though, I have dropped my old nickname in favor of Rhea because it's less confusing (several people in my classes have the same name/nickname, so going by something more unique/rarer makes it easier for me).

Mine were just plain circles.

:3 I plan to go to college, but who knows, something might happen and I end up not going...

I'm really not sure. >_<

But if I did go to college, I hope to go to a college close to where I live. I'd like to be close to my friends and family. :]

One major thing that worries me though is what if I don't get into the college I want, or I don't get accepted into any colleges at all? That'd really be a downer... Second thing, I'd like to be with my friends. I couldn't even think about parting with them. DX Oh well. I'll worry more about it when the time comes. x)

Being apart from my friends was one of the hardest things about the high-school-to-university transition, but thank goodness for social networking. It's definitely possible to keep in touch and at the same time it's good to expand your social circles.

You definitely find out who your real friends are when you get to university. They're the ones who a) make an effort to keep in touch with you and cool.gif you actually want to keep in touch with. tongue.gif

:3 I plan to go to college, but who knows, something might happen and I end up not going...

I'm really not sure. >_<

But if I did go to college, I hope to go to a college close to where I live. I'd like to be close to my friends and family. :]

One major thing that worries me though is what if I don't get into the college I want, or I don't get accepted into any colleges at all? That'd really be a downer... Second thing, I'd like to be with my friends. I couldn't even think about parting with them. DX Oh well. I'll worry more about it when the time comes. x)

Then you go to a community college and transfer later.

Anyone else have sucky washing facilities at their college? The washers here don't clean anything, and I have to pay 1.50 every time I do my laundry for a half-done job ;__;

Rent one with your flatmates? We did.

i'm a junior at the University of Houston (tier 1 university), psych major. plans to go to grad school, although in what field I am unsure.

student loans all the way w00t

All the Entomology seminars coincide with my biology discussion class.

... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

*groans* I feel like such an idiot. I accidentally did the practice quiz instead of the actual quiz and so got a zero. I can't afford to make idiot mistakes like this. Screw you teacher for the quiz not being where you showed us. Screw you.

EDIT: FFFFFreak. Really screw you. Those simple ten points knock my grade down nearly two letter grades.

Edited by Walker

I had the problem of my calculus teacher does not want ANY work shown on problems.

He wants everything presented properly. If you don't label everything 100% correctly he counts points off.

It's a little frustrating because every math class of my entire life I've been told to show all of my work and just make sure a teacher can find the answer.

Of course, I found this out the hard way. I got a paper back and it was just an explosion of red markings...

I m'self forgot we had a pre-lecture quiz today. At least I didn't get a zero.. but still, argh.

Sorry to hear about that, Lady. That sounds... extremely frustrating.

At some sort of drugs/alcohol presentation right now (before the "show"). Earlier I was at a club meeting, and when I mentioned I had this later today, one girl said to me, "My condolences."

Ah crap. I just realized I screwed up one of my earlier quizzes most likely too. And my grade just went below passing if I did.

I had the problem of my calculus teacher does not want ANY work shown on problems.

He wants everything presented properly. If you don't label everything 100% correctly he counts points off.

It's a little frustrating because every math class of my entire life I've been told to show all of my work and just make sure a teacher can find the answer.

Of course, I found this out the hard way. I got a paper back and it was just an explosion of red markings...

Odd. Unless you're actually writing a paper, it's best practise to show *all* working out in any maths problem.

Today was my first day of second-year university. It's gonna be a good one, I think. biggrin.gif

...Wow, I'd much rather show my work on calculus assignments/tests. It's so easy to get lost if you don't show the process and have it right there in front of you. Why on earth would your prof have such a preference? o_o;

Not sure why. I do have to point out he's a really nice person though. He makes the class very understandable. There are so many times in class where I'm like "I ACTUALLY GET IT!".

This is my last math class I have to take until graduate or medical school. (Don't tell me there is math in science. Lies.)

Tomorrow, one of the professors is doing a talk on turtles biggrin.gif He'll have live turtles and everything.

Again, the huge benefit of having a conservation office on campus, lots of cool conservation type activities.