Fortune86

CLOSED

Jack trned and looked at Eli, "oh me, nothing special really.. Just your average joe turned into a scarecrow..." he smiled. "anyway whats with all these questions, if your going to ask us about ourselves, isn't it onlu proper etiquette that you revwal more about yourself as well?

"Oh, me?"

Eli looked away, his face turning a little red again.

"I've never really done anything interesting. I just live with my father and spend my time reading books."

"So you're just a bookworm?" asked Siren.

Eli went a deeper shade of red and nodded.

"Yes. I guess so."

Alia suddenly froze, a couple of minutes into the maze. Her enhanced hearing was picking up on something. Heavy breathing, footsteps with purpose. They weren't human footsteps; she could tell from the sound. She suddenly pressed herself up against a row of containers, holding her breath. It had to be a monster. Turning her head slightly, she saw what resembled a Minotaur come around a corner. Its brutish head tilted back slightly, nostrils flaring as it sniffed. Then it tilted back down, looking straight at... Her. With a yell, she sprinted away, seemingly elasticised muscles taking her quickly. But she couldn't run forever.

Each of the Eliminators had found and chosen a target. August wondered just how well their prey would fare. He had lost a couple of men in capturing the beasts, although the two dead men had not possessed any powers. Bullet proof jackets held little defence against the weight of the Eliminator's hammer.

~~~

Hating how his face was burning and wanting to distract himself Eli picked up the discarded list and began to fold in carefully. Within a few minutes he had a small paper sparrow. He held it in his palm and studied it, trying to spot any mistakes he may have made.

“You’re definitely not ordinary.” Kanya spoke looking at Jack. She didn’t mean by his scarecrow looks but was more pointing to what she saw. It was clear to her that Jack has fought before and she also now knew he was holding back. She just hoped that they would never have to take each other on.

While the challenge took place in the arena, a new victim was placed in the solitary room. The girl was unconcious as she was laid out on the floor before being left there in the darkened room. The girl that had been left on the floor was strange. Gold wings protruded from her back and a tail extended down and was wrapped partially around one of her paw shaped feet.

For several long minutes the girl didn't move, fast asleep where she had been left. And then her tail lifted some and the gold bracelets placed on her tail clicked together. A wing twitched and then a groan came from the girl. Slowly, the girl shifted and started sitting up onto her knees.

"W-what happened?" Ethril mumbled as a hand went to her head. The last thing she could remember was leaving school to head home for the day. She'd been texting on her phone telling her guardian Sistra that she'd be stopping by the store to get some fresh milk.

Ethril glanced around the darkened room and started to feel a panic rising up in the pit of her stomach. She hated dark places. Ethril had limited night vision and most of her powers didn't work without light being present. Ethril quickly checked herself over with her hands to make sure she was all in one piece. She still had her precious earrings and the bracelets on her tail. Ethril didn't find any injuries anywhere and besides the pounding in her head she felt fine. She did find a new bracelet though attached to her wrist.

Ethril examined it, her eyes squinting in the dark to try and see it. She tugged at it for a moment to see if she could get it off. It wasn't tight, but it refused to budge from her wrist.

Ethril looked around, her eyes slowly starting to turn silver from their normal gold as she stood up. "Hello?" She called out into the dark, hoping that there might be someone nearby to tell her what was going on. Was someone going to explain things to her or was she expected to find her way out of the room to search for clues?

(( OOC - I hope this is alright. On the front page it says new people are taken into the solitary room >.>'))

((That's fine Ethril smile.gif))

Eli looked up from his paper sparrow. Had he just heard some call out? It couldn't have come from the arena, the doors were sound proof, and it was from the wrong direction anyway.

He twisted his head and looked behind him. There was a door there. The one which everyone had come through when they first arrived.

He gave the paper sparrow to Kanya to hold onto and stood up. Eli cautiously walked over to the door and tugged on the handle. To his surprise it opened, and revealed a young girl about his own age.

"Um. Hello?"

((That's fine Ethril smile.gif))

Eli looked up from his paper sparrow. Had he just heard some call out? It couldn't have come from the arena, the doors were sound proof, and it was from the wrong direction anyway.

He twisted his head and looked behind him. There was a door there. The one which everyone had come through when they first arrived.

He gave the paper sparrow to Kanya to hold onto and stood up. Eli cautiously walked over to the door and tugged on the handle. To his surprise it opened, and revealed a young girl about his own age.

"Um. Hello?"

Ethril jumped and spun around, sudden light filling the room as a door opened. Instantly her hands came up to create a shield using the light she had now, but nothing happened. Ethril tried again only for the glittering wall of light fail to appear.

She changed her tactic and crouched down to prepare for an attack. "Where the hell am I?" Ethril demanded as her tail swished back and forth through the air behind her. Her eyes were completely silver as she looked past Eli and into the other room. She spotted several other people before she refocused her attention on the person that had opened the door to the room she had woken up in.

Ethril tucked her wings close to her back as she growled at Eli. The claws on her paws scratched against the floor as she tightened her muscles to get ready to pounce. If she could get past the man blocking the doorway she might be able to use the initial speed boost to get through the room and find a way out.

When the strange girl went into what was undeniably attack mode Eli took several steps back. He held his hands up in front of him in attempt to show her he wasn't going to hurt her.

"It's okay" he said gently. "Sort of. That was a silly thing to say really. It's not okay. But it is. With us I mean."

Realising he was babbling in his panic Eli looked over at the others for help.

Jack looked over at the newcomer, his expression one of slight shock. He was not expecting this; not at all. He however did not move, nor react when she reacted in a violent manner.

"Seems like our little group has grown..." he spoke; not to anyone in particular. His eyes suddenly narrowed, however he hid this by pulling his hat down; shielding his eyes from view of the others.

Based on her appearance, he could make some assumptions on what her potential abilities were. He snapped out of it and looked at Eli, he looked panicked.

"Your on your own kid... you seem to be the one most informed on Zygard.." he replied.

Ethril was still growling as Eli backed up. He was babbling. People only babbled if they were nervous or if they were trying to buy time. With the way he was looking back to the others for help, Ethril figured the later.

"That doesn't answer my question!" Ethril's tail was shaking as she prepared her attack. She lifted a hand to try and create a flash of light to blind her opponents, but that didn't work either. Ethril cursed and clenched her hand into a fist. "Why can't I use my powers?" Her shoulders were shaking now. If she couldn't create her shield or control light, did that mean she couldn't use her blood to heal? Was her transformation taken away too? Ethril felt terrified. Her other powers she could live without, but she loved being able to transform into a dragon.

Vex used an air dash to get back when the reptilian attempted to use a side swing and send him facefirst into another container. He slammed his back into another, though, and hissed as the pain coarsed through his head. Quickly turning his head up, he spotted how the beast attempted a upward hit to lift him in the air. Thnakfully, he used yet another air dash to climb on the hammer before being sent perfectly into the air, after which he dashed safely to the ground. He slightly coughed as he felt his breath becoming shallow and struggling to catch up. But, he jumped up and dashed onto a higher container before leaping and dashing twice through the air before landing by Andromeda.

"Yo," he said quickly as he dodged another swing before rolling forward and turning so he joined her. The reptilians seemed quite strong yet their speed wasn't one of their strengths and they tired out soon. If they could take out this one, the other would be easier to deal with.

"Wanna team up against this... thing?" Vex added as a column of ice that came from one of the container's sides bent and slammed into the hammer, then held it in place by creating layers of ice around.

(( The Eliminators remind Vex of a reptile (their faces) and that's why he 'thinks' that they're reptilian. Not that they are, per se. ))

Andromeda jumped a little as Vex landed beside her. He mentioned teaming up on one of the beasts that she thought was the one that attacked her. Then she realized he was indicating another direction. Great. There's more.

"I agree with teaming up, but we'll have to fight both these things. You're sure you're able to handle that with me?" She looked up past his perfectly clear glasses into his eyes. How the heck did he not get those dirty yet? she thinks to herself. She held her gaze as she waited for his response, knowing the brutes would be back.

Cassandra was wide eyed and frightened as she saw the half dragon girl appear. She suddenly saw how nervous Eli became, and he turned around for help. Suddenly her face hardened. I was snooping and cracked his head open when I shouldn't have been there at all. I owe him one at least.

Cassandra stood and walked over shakily to where Eli was standing, then stiffened and stood directly between him and her. She flicked her platinum blonde hair from her eyes and glared fiercely at the newcomer. "If you want to lay so much as a paw on him, you'll have to go through me first."

Edited by Rarek

Ethril backed up a step when another person approached. Now that there were two people in the doorway, it'd be nearly impossible for her to get past them. One person she could push aside, two was another story. And Ethril had no idea as to how strong any of these people were.

"Look," Ethril started to say. "Just let me go and I'll forget any of this happened." She was still crouched down, just in case these people did attack her. Her voice was calmer though as she tried to negotiate with these people.

Cassandra saw the dragon girl start to back away and her eyes softened. She wasn't going to hurt them, she was in panic from fright. Her muscles visibly relaxed and her eyes closed in relief. "Oh thank god you weren't really going to hurt us." She turned around and gave Eli an apologetic smile for stepping in front of him before turning back to the dragon girl. "I'm afraid there isn't a way out of here. That new bracelet of yours will kill you if you do anything our captors don't like." She pointed to the metal band on her wrist, then showed her an identical one on hers, to let her know they were on the same side. She put forth a nervous leap of faith, extending a shaky hand in greeting. It was obvious her adrenaline fueled resolve was wearing off. "M...my name is Cassandra, and this is Eli. Wh..what's yours?"

While Cassandra was talking to the newcomer Eli retreated back towards the chairs. He really had no idea how to deal with a panicked girl. Cassandra seemed to be trying to make friends by threatening them first and then trying to reassure them. Eli wasn't sure how that was supposed to work, but then again he knew little about girls anyway. Perhaps this was how they all made friends.

Kanya watched closely as the events unfold revealing the new comer. She placed her plate on the table and quickly turned in her seat to see who it was. Her eye widened as she looked upon a girl with rather weird features. She hand never seen so many weird things in all her life which started to make her feel rather small. In silence Kanya kept peeking over the chair at the girl who seemed to be just as confused as the rest of them was.

Eli sat back down by Kanya, still looking at the new girl. He did feel a little sorry for her, after all she was probably going through the same initial confusion and terror they all had, but he didn't know how to make her feel any better. Best leave it to someone who looked like they had a clue.

He glanced at Kanya and saw that she looked unsettled. While he didn't know how to help the new girl, he felt moved to try and comfort Kanya at least.

"It's okay" he said quietly so only she could hear. "She's just scared. Can't blame her."

“I know.” Kanya whispered back to Eli looking at him a bit confused. She turned her attention back to the girl and looked at her trying to wrap around her head about her looks. She knew what scarecrows looked like and even that guy with the horns reminded her of pictures she’d seen in books at the monastery but this was new to her.

“She just looks... different.” Kanya stated not wanting to hurt anyone’s feelings.

Eli looked back over at the girl. She had wings, a tail, pointy ears and strange legs, but Eli had seen worse. Some very strange people would call in on his father at times. Many of them looked far more bizarre than this one.

However, maybe Kanya hasn't seen anyone like this before? He'd never seen a sentient scarecrow before for example. Maybe Kanya wasm't used to seeing such strange sights.

"It's probably just how her powers have manifested" he replied. "I read how many times they can affects one's appearance."

He glanced back at the girl. She had lovely golden wings.

"I wonder if she can actually fly with those."

((I'm just going to point out now that Ethril can fly around, as the wings are proper limbs rather than magic/power based abilities. Obviously, given the small space in the common room/cells, she won't be able to fly far though lol.))

Edited by Fortune86

“Affects one’s appearance.” she whispered to herself in a low voice while looking at Eli. She started to wonder if something might like that still happen to her or does her power don’t go that far. Who knows she might get some sort of hound features like her hounds or she could be a half fire human girl.

Kanya’s eyes went wide as she started to think of all the different things. She didn’t know if it would be bad to transform like that but she thought that would be super neat.

“So can we still change? Someday? To our powers?” she asked still thinking of being a half hound girl.

"Um. I'm not sure" admitted Eli. "I think most cases of physical manifestation appear early, although I have heard of cases where they appear much later in the subject's life. They tend to be really rare though."

Seeing as she looked uncertain about the idea of undergoing some physical changes herself Eli decided not to add that the longer they took to appear the more pronounced they usually where. He didn't want to add concerns that she might suddenly sprout fur or spikes all over her body or something.

"Who says you havent already changed?.. what if this isn't your original form?" replied Jack, looking at Kanya. The subject of physical change was a slightly touchy subject for Jack, given that his transformation did not stem from his own ability manifestation, but by the powers of another.

"Anyway's theres not much to worry about... take it from me, a new appearance does come with benefits..."