Fortune86

CLOSED

Not really knowing what to say Eli silently handed the list over to Andromeda. Her name was the first written on the paper, she couldn't miss it.

He sat down on a chair next to Kanya and stared down at his feet. Next time he'd let someone else get the list. He hated being the one to keep delivering the bad news.

Andromeda shakily took the list and read it through, before breathing a sigh of relief. Green ink, no Cassandra. This she could handle.

The nearest person on the list was Vex, so it was he she silently handed the list to next. She then returned to her chair and quietly began to explain the situation to Cassandra.

Alia got up from her seat as she saw the slip of paper which would determine their fates. She knew what that meant now, having worked it out from their reactions. She didn't have a chance to see until it was handed to Vex. Peering over her shoulders, her eyes grew big. Her name. It was there. "What does that mean?" she asked hoarsely.

Vex rose up after speaking with Eli and simply leaned on the wall, waiting for something to happen. His mind was deep in thought, too, and he was thinking about how they could escape. The only thing that was possibly an exit, albeit very heavily guarded, was the box in which Zygard, the Sorceress and somebody else were in. That was quite hard to reach, though... His gaze turned to the left when he noticed the edge of a piece of paper. Taking it from Andromeda, he read through the names on the paper, with green writing. From what he remembered... this meant a challenge, just like yesterday.

"We'll have to fight some creatures. Either that, or another kind of challenge - maybe escaping something or defending ourselves, I don't really know..." He said slightly to Alia before getting off the wall and placing the paper in front of him.

Alia felt a small sense of relief washing over her. At least they... They didn't expect her to kill. That would have been terrible. But knowing how the odds were, she'd probably eventually have to, or be killed herself. Oh, God... At least she was safe-ish for now. "Guess we'll be facing it together, then," she muttered glumly, looking up. She wasn't sure who Samuel was, and she couldn't decide whether or not she liked Andromeda.

Lydia lifted her head hearing people talking about a challenge and turns her head in their direction. "Um who is one the list exactly?" She asks tilting her head hoping that she isn't on the list knowing she didn't do so well with the Garboids ealier.

-----

Samael still doing different yoga posses was in the Compass pose when they started passing around the paper. Letting go of his foot and lowering his leg to the ground he waited a little bit before standing up and walking over to look at the paper. "Hmmm only four people and we probably have to do teamwork....... pity." He states red eyes scanning the paper then at the others around him. He looks over at Lydia when she asked who was on the list remembering that her name started with and L. "You're not on the list this time sweet cheeks maybe next time." Samael says sweetly grinning when Lydia frowned deeply at him.

After taking her seat Kanya took the plate of food gladly from Eli but she took notice of his worried expression. He had a piece of paper in his hand which he then handed to Andromeda in turn. The young girl felt awful for the rest but at least its not a death match, hopefully there wont be one anytime soon again and hopefully they will all survive this battle.

“Here.” she spoke softly to Eli after breaking the small roll of bread in half, handing him one half. She knew he basically offered his food.

"Thank you" said Eli taking the offered half of the roll from Kanya. He looked around at the people on the list. Samael seemed fine with the prospect of battle, but the others looked less than happy. He couldn't blame them. He didn't think he would ever get used to the idea of fighting for his life every day.

The doors to the arena had opened shortly after they received the first list that morning. That probably meant the doors would be opening again soon. Eli didn't know if anyone else felt like eating, but they only had a small amount of time do so.

Cassandra listened carefully as Andromeda began to describe their ordeal in the last team challenge. She was aware of the fact that everyone was in the last one, and it took nearly all of their combined strength in order to overcome the graboid threat. She was worried that this time, four people may not be enough to overcome a similar threat. Some people could die in there, just because. What have I gotten myself into? Cassandra waited until Andromeda was finished in order to wrap her arms around her and squeeze tightly. She looked up at her with large eyes that wordlessly replied "Please come out of there alive." She wouldn't know who to turn to if Andromeda was lost in the arena.

Andromeda smiled a little and held Cassandra close. She knew that even with the short amount of time she'd spent with Cassandra, she would become the most important person to get out of this mess, and the main reason to stay alive for. She just hoped that there would be an end, and that Cassandra would be one of the ones standing when it came. After that, who knew what would happen? She didn't know much about the girl, so she resolved to help her find her family after this, if there was any of it left.

((Arena & Monsters ~ Eliminator

The Eliminators will appear the moment the arena doors close (which will occur when the last participant has entered) and will relentlessly chase after their chosen target. There is one Eliminator per participant, so there are four in total.

They are three metres tall, very strong and very durable. The hammers they carry will not only knock a person clear off their feet if struck, but break several bones and/or cause other injuries (such as internal). Because of their strong defenses they take little to no damage from most physical and magical attacks, so they won't go down easily.

Eliminators don't see very well, but have an excellent sense of smell and hearing. If they catch their target they will attempt to pummel them to death and devour their remains.))

Eli chewed thoughtfully on his bread and didn't notice the sound of the doors grinding open at first. He turned in his seat to look down the corridor, mouth half full, and saw what looked like a lot of very large coloured boxes. It looked like the Sorceress had constructed some kind of maze.

Swallowing Eli looked back down at the remains of the bread in his hands. A maze. In the stories mazes contained monsters, didn't they?

((t'is like a modern day labrynth... Without a ceiling..))

Jack peered out of the bathroom, noticing the note being passed around. Evidently another event was about to begin, and seeing as how the note never reached jack, he could only assume that he was not going to be involved.

Without saying anhing he stepped out and took a seat, with a clear view of the arena doors. As they opened, he let out a soft whistle as he saw the various colored containers outside.

Andromeda rose from the chair as the arena doors opened. She sighed and looked down at Cassandra, who was still next to her. "I'm going to have to go into the arena now. Try to stay out of trouble, won't you?" A small smile worked its way onto her lips, and she ruffled the young girl's hair. Turning to Lydia, who she knew would not be going into the arena, and put a hand on hers to let her know she was being spoken to.

"I have to go into the arena, and I'm not sure if Cassandra is confident enough on her own yet. Could you make sure she's alright while I'm gone?" She noticed Eli out of the corner of her eye, then made eye contact with him as well. "I'd appreciate it if you could do the same, even if she did trip you up a little." She smiled, knowing full well that wasn't all that happened. But knowing Eli, he was usually willing to help when he could.

Cassandra jumped as the doors to the arena swung open. She hadn't really explored the common room and adjoining hallway much as of yet, and so the arena doors still looked like they melded into the walls too perfectly. It was a surprise just as the last time when Jack and Kanya had returned.

She clung onto Andromeda as she stood up, then let go as she realized she might get her into trouble. She nodded silently and sighed at the mention of her trouble. She seemed to have a nasty tendency in that department. Moving to stand beside Lydia, she took the adjacent chair. She had to smile behind her hand as Andromeda addressed Eli, but she quickly regained her composure.

Satisfied, Andromeda turned tail and headed out into the arena. Dozens of shipping containers lined the walls. Fairly thin, they should be shredable if necessary. She half wondered what the monsters would be in this particular instance, hoping that they'd be susceptible to lightning. Considering the fact she was chosen for the arena this time around however, it didn't seem very likely.

((Quick question Fortune, how do we determine when we've done enough to sufficiently defeat our monster? Will you be controlling them, or just use our judgement?))

Lydia lifted her head up at the sound of the doors opening. When she felt a hand on her she flinched a little, though she took in the words that were being spoken to her. "I'll do the best that I can Andromeda and I wish everyone luck." Lydia says smiling hearing someone move closer to her guessing that it was Cassandra and smiled in her direction.

----

Samael grinned when the doors opened swiftly getting up seeing the brightly colored containers. "Well this is going to be fun." He states walking down the hall and through the doors into the arena. Once entering he feels his aerokenetic abilities return to him causing him to grin even more. "Too bad we have to help eachother this match I would have loved to tango to the death with you." Samael says to Andromeda tilting his head to the side to look at her better.

Andromeda wrinkled her nose in disgust at Samael before a small but potent spark jumped from her fingertip to his arm. The spark was incredibly short and tiny, but if he examined the skin he would find it discoloured from the amount of energy she put through the electrical stream. In theory, it should only appear to have been a very bad static shock.

"Feel glad you aren't, cause that'd be the last thing you do." Andromeda's demeanor suddenly shifted, and she flashed him her best smile, as though nothing had happened. She then leaned against the shipping container closest to her to wait for the others.

Alia gulped as the doors opened. This was it, then. She might face her death in here. She gave a last glance about the room, before she walked on. Maybe she wouldn't see them again. Probably not. Past the doors, toward the opening which led into the arena. She stepped into the arena, sighing gently as she felt her muscles become superhumanly supple, her ears picking up on all that there was to hear. At least she had this - she could be properly alive before she died.

Samael saw the spark leave Andromeda and zap him in the arm. So she has power over electricity or something like it interesting. He thinks having a grin quickly appear onto his face as he slightly rubbed the spot on his arm. "That's what you think, but you forget you don't know my powers and you just gave me a hint of what yours are." He states smirking at Andromeda waiting to see what she will do next.

Andromeda hissed and her eyes turned solid white. "I'll find out soon enough, unless you want whatever is in this maze to kill you." Her eyes turned to normal as she turned her head to meet Alia's gaze. "Alright, all we're missing now is Vex. Any ideas as to what we could be facing in here? And any ideas on how to turn our surroundings to our advantage?" She looked up again at the crates, and noticed they had a finite ceiling. "In theory I could fly above these and have a look around."

Edited by Rarek

Jack couldn't help but smile sligtly as he watched andromeda make the same move, she did the day before, revealing her ability before anything has actually started. For a second, he placed himself in his latest victims shoes and chuckled as he contemplated what luc's likely reaction wuld have been, had he been alive right now.

With that little scene coming to an end, jack focused his gaze at samael. Out of the four participating in the next event, he was the most interesting, not just n appearance, but because his power was a mystery to jack. He sighed, knowing that his chances of getting more intel would be near zero due to his exclusion from the next trial.

((I think I can trust you all to use self judgement smile.gif. Sorry for lack of proper post, on Vita.))

(( Grats for the Vita, Fort! And sorry xd.png for not posting. ))

Vex hardly noted the doors opening at first, as his gaze was isolated on the floor in front of him. Being leaned on a wall made him automatically stare either at others around or directly forward and down and at his legs. Then, though, he noted the three pairs of legs that passed by and he noted that the doors had finally opened. He followed in soon, standing beside Alia and Andromeda.

"These things seem as if they're made out of metal... and with your powers, maybe if we seal some of those things inside you can zap them alive... though it's just a guess. Otherwise, yes, the best you could do at start is scout the things out..." Vex spoke with Andromeda, but made sure that Alia and Samael heard them too.

"... let's hope we make it out of this thing in one piece." He spoke slightly, knowing that dying here was very, very possible.

Edited by SkullKrusher

((Urm..thank you? I've had it for over a year xd.png))

Eli nodded to Andromeda when she asked him to keep an eye on Cassandra. He held nothing against the girl and understood that she would be scared, so he agreed. He just hoped that Andromeda would come back safely.

He watched as the four of them made their way towards the double doors at the end of the corridor and step out into the arena. The moment Vex, who was bringing up the rear, stepped inside through doors they began to close. They shut tight with a soft boom, signalling the sight of the task.

((And go o3o))

Andromeda barely noticed the doors closing until they made their usual boom. She jumped a little, startled by the noise, a little unnerved by the finality it seemed to imply. Either win, or you won't come back.

"Alright. I'm not going to waste any time here." Her eyes returned to their solid white state as energy crackled out of the air, meeting in one place next to one wall of crates. With a thunderclap, they resolved themselves into a perfect staircase, which Andromeda proceeded to climb to the top of the stack. At the top, the energy dismantled, morphing as she manipulated it into the air, and with another clap turned into a falcon the size of Andromeda herself. As it landed, she hopped onto its back and took off into the air.

Cassandra gulped as the doors closed, separating her from the four unlucky combattants. She drew her gaze around the room, a little frightened of the prospect. "So...now what do we do?"

"I don't think there is much we can really do except wait" said Siren with a small shrug. She wasn't in today's battle and that was good enough for her.

Eli gave a short nod of silent agreement. They wouldn't know the outcome of the battle until the doors opened again, and even though it was a challenge, it was no guarantee that anyone would be walking out alive.

For the sake of the others Eli chose to keep these thoughts to himself. Cassandra looked nerous enough. Eli cast around for something to take her mind off things.

"Why don't you tell us a little about yourself?" he asked gently. "I mean, where did you come from?"

Cassandra sighed and shrugged a little. "I'm a city girl. I've lived in the capital for my entire life, and don't really know anything different. I had a fair daily routine which was interrupted only by the very rarest of circumstances. And I really don't know why but..." She pulled her hair around, taking a careful look at the loosely strewn strands. "My hair used to be a bright yellow blonde. As I got older, it turned more and more white, until it got to this." She gestured with her hair. "I don't think it's done either, it showed no indication of slowing down. My hair might end up silver by the time it's through." She lowered her hands and gazed half at the ground. It made her seem superficial with how distraught she looked, but that could easily have been attributed to the fact that she was stuck in a precarious situation.

"Well it looks nice" said Eli remembering that he had once been told that girls liked to complimented on their looks. He could tell Cassandra was still nervous though, so he needed to keep the conversation going. Preferably away from the events happening in the arena.

Not wanting to put too much pressure on Cassandra he looked around at Lydia. "What about you? Where are you from?"