Fortune86

CLOSED

Kanya ate in silence her food she didn’t want to think what was going to happen to those in the area. Luckily they didn’t need to kill each other it was something that she didn’t want to experience again.

When she heard Eli making conversation to the other she listened intensively. The one girl spoke of a city, Kanya wondered what was a city, was it a type of building of something she thought to herself. She had always been surrounded by mountains and small houses.

(( Fail. Fort, you control the things? ))

Vex turned around when he heard how the gates started closing and hef ollowed their movement with his gaze until they shut fully, the noise of them slamming together slightly startling him but causing no other visible reaction. Turning around and watching Andromeda leave so she could scout out the monsters, he nodded to himself and to Samael and Alia.

"I'll get moving too. Better off finding these things rather than them discovering us at the last second, no?" He said before he ran up some crates and jumped up, grasping on one of the iron containers' edge and pulling himself on top of it. Then, he focused and clenched his fist, starting to collect some ice under the ground while he walked along the containers and jumped from platform to platform when they weren't near each other.

((No. I've already said that I trust your judgement in fighting and controlling them. Each of you can RP your own Eliminator.

smile.gif))

Edited by Fortune86

Alia watched Andromeda go off, then sighed. There was probably some sort of terribly dangerous monster lurking about here that was going to kill her. Fantastic. She glanced across at the scary monster man before going off into a hover. Her ears were primed for unhuman sounds. She drifted into the maze, not wanting to alert her presence with footsteps. Every muscle in her body was warm, flexible, springy. She was ready to dodge whatever came her way.

August stood by his master in the viewing box and watched as the selected four made their way into the arena. After the final participant had entered the doors to the arena swung shut, trapping them all inside.

August glanced briefly out of the corner of his eye at the Sorceress. He didn't one hundred per cent trust her, but then again he knew she felt little love for him either. Those who worked for the Vampire Lord often lived precarious lives. It wasn't uncommon for someone to avert their master's wrath by throwing another at his feet, and the Sorceress was known to require sacrifices for her spells.

Shifting his attention back to the battefield August watched as one of the girls called upon a bird of light and took to what she probably thought was the safety of the skies. Normally that would be a good strategy against Eliminators, but the arena's dome would prevent her from flying to highly, and Eliminators could jump and climb better than any human.

((Feel free to engage your Eliminator at any point guys xd.png. Not much of a battle if no one fights.))

As Andromeda scouted out the maze, she realized how complex it was. So many twists and turns that one could get lost in there for a very long time. She shuddered to think of what might happen if they had to get out on their own.

Suddenly, she felt the falcon jerk downwards very suddenly followed by a similar jerk sideways. What on earth... Andromeda looked down just in time to catch a glimpse of a very ugly looking being hanging from her bird. Only a glimpse however, as his hammer cracked into her side, and she screeched as she fell off the falcon. She quickly disassembled the bird, causing the creature to fall and moved the cloud of energy underneath her before she hit the ground, transforming back into her familiar raptor as it caught her. The bird was already shimmering however, and it wasn't long before she hit the top of one of the crates, and the entire mass of energy disassociated completely.

As for the ugly brute, she watched it fall until it made an ugly sounding crack on the top of another crate, nearly bending it into a 90 degree shape. That must've killed it. But the creature simply shook its head vigorously and stood back up. Andromeda cursed and spat out blood as she stood to match the creature, whatever it was.

This is not going to be easy...

Edited by Rarek

Jack sat down on one of the stools and listened to the others converse. He didnt have much to add to the conversation, nor did he care to find out about the others personal life. His only interest was gathering information about their abilities so as to find an advantage for himself. However he couldn't just bring up the topic... it would raise suspicions.. having nothing to talk about He simply closed his eyes and pretended to sleep.

His hat drooped over his eyes.

Edited by TotallyDrow

While Eli waited for a reply from Lydia he glanced over at Jack. The scarecrow had settled down on one of the stools and closed his eyes. Was he sleeping? Eli wasn't sure if scarecrows needed to. He hadn't seen him eat either. Did Jack need any kind of substance?

Eli mentally made a note to keep an eye on the humanoid straw bag. He still had no idea what powers Jack possessed, having not witnessed the death match or seen him act against the Grabboids, and wasn't sure if he could be trusted. He wasn't very forthcoming about himself.

Siren had watched Jack settle down as well. Filled with curiousity she reached over and prodded the scarecrow in the arm. She wanted to see just how light he was.

Jack lifted his hat up and peered out from under, the prodding sensation doing nothing but irritate him, however he hid his true feelings behind a mask of calm.

"I can assure you.. this is real straw.... i'm not some guy in a costume.." he spoke, as he stared at her.

"That I don't doubt" said Siren dryly. "I was just wondering why. I mean, where you always a piñata or did you annoy the wrong witch?"

Eli looked uncertainly over at Siren.

"What's a piñata?"

"A piñata is a toy used at parties, usually childrens. They smack them with sticks and sweets fall out."

Eli shifted his gaze to Jack. He didn't look like something you would use to store sweetts, unless it was Halloween or something.

"Is it really that weird that I am not human... anymore..." replied Jack, a puzzled expression across his face. He looked down at his hands as he opened and closed his fist'.

"Let's just say... i lost a bet.." he looked at her and smiled... "anyway... its not like being in this body is all bad..."

"Oh really?"

Siren shifted in her seat so she could look at Jack properly. She looked him up and down before speaking again.

"What kind of bet? And what are the good points?"

"Well... i don't get sunburnt... I never feel itchy... I don't put on weight..., those kinda things.. y'know... just the little stuff here and there..." Jack stood up and stretched,

"As for the bet... well I lost a game of card's with a sorceress.." he lied, "... and I ended up like this... that's pretty much it.."

"A Sorceress?"

Now Eli's attention was fully focused on the scarecrow. The only Sorceress he knew of was the one that worked for Zygard. It couldn't be the same one, surely.

"Who? I always thought sorcerery was really rare."

"Just some kid... she has long since been dead though... witnessed it myself.. unfortunately.." he replied in response to Eli's question, "Why are you so interested anyway... all of you have powers... why the shock when I mention a sorceress..."

"Because only another Sorceress can undo a Sorceress' spells" said Eli. "I was thinking that maybe..."

He fell into silence. If the Sorceress Jack had mentioned really was dead, then there was no point in thinking about it.

"You mean this kid Sorceress might have been able to remove the bracelets and save us?" asked Siren, picking up on what Eli was thinking.

Eli nodded.

"Yes. Although I guess it might depend on just how strong she was. If Zygard's Sorceress was actively blocking her, it would have been a battle of willpower."

Siren turned to Jack again.

"You sure she's dead?"

Edited by Fortune86

"Well last I saw of her, she had lost her left arm and had a gash across her abdomen... i haven't seen her since... and its already been around 6 years..." he replied, "...besides... i doubt she would help us... she was one of those who believed in equivalent exchange.. we would have to give her something that was atleast equal in worth to her freeing us.. and we have nothing here..."

Kanya didn’t look at Jack she was still weary of him after she saw what he had done in the arena. She wished she could tell the others but she had a feeling that Jack didn’t want them to know. Slowly Kanya continued to eat her piece of meat offering a couple pieces to Eli. She still felt a bit bad because she was actually eating his food.

When they were talking about the bracelets it caused her to look at the one on her wrist wondering if they will ever be able to get it off.

(( Sorry for the late reply my computer has been acting weird lately so I am kidnapping my father's for right now. The space bar doesn't always work for me so there might be some words stuck together that I may not have caught while typing.))

Samael shook his head chuckling before wondering off into the container maze. At some points he would come across some strange machines holding up the containers. "What are these things I wonder?" He asks himself looking up at them when suddenly he feels the ground shaking and a monstrous roar behind him. Turning around Samael smirks seeing a minotour like beast charging at him carrying a large hammer. The beast raises a hammer above its head still running at the demon ready to bring it down upon its target. Samael's smirk becomes a sinister grin as if daring it to attack him. Once the beast was close enough it slammed down the hammer onto its opponent’s head making another monstrous roar. Except the hammer crashed into the ground with a large amount of dust floating around it where the demon stood.

The dust blew away from the creature to the top of a nearby container reforming into Samael with his arms crossed laughing manically. "You'll have to try harder than that minotor to defeat me." He says making the beast look up at him growling that its prey got away so easily and unharmed. Raising his hand into the air Samael glaring at the beast and he concentrated the currents into the shape of his favorite weapon. "Now it's time to play." He states bringing his hand down quickly and flicking his wrist to the side causing a thunderous crack. A sudden change could be seen in the air extending from Samael's hand resembling that of a whip-like creation before jumping off the container raising the whip over his head as the beast charged at him roaring ready to swing its hammer at him.

--------

Lydia was in her own little world and didn't hear Eli's question but she snapped back into reality when they started talking about sorceresses. "We do have something to trade her though.... our powers." She states simply turning her head in their direction.

Our powers? thought Eli. I'm not so sure about that.

Eli would have no issues with giving up his magics, he had never really liked them. According to his father that was why he tended to struggle so much when controlling them. In all honesty, they meant nothing to him. He had never been able to do any good with his magic and he couldn't foresee a situation where he ever would. Trading them away would be a relief. But then would the Sorceress be willing to help? If he didn't care about his magics, then they didn't exactly hold equal value.

"Well that might work" said Siren. "But I don't really want to give up my powers. My whole life is based around them. I'd be trading my freedom for what, life as a regualr Joe? No thank you."

"If she's dead then it wouldn't work" said Eli out loud. "We couldn't contact her anyway. And it's not like anyone could find us, even if they are looking."

"What's that supposed to mean? asked Siren. "Of course people are looking for us. Hector was a famous superhero. His friends will be looking for him."

Eli looked down at the bread in his hands, having gently refused Kanya's offerings of meat. He had spent a lot of his life reading and learning about all kinds of magics and those who used them. He didn't know how he might break some more bad news to the group.

As Vex walked slowly along the containers, he overheard some noises. So, that was it - somebody got attacked. He turned to the left, then to the right and spotted how Andromeda was attempting to fight off a strange beast, which swung it's hammer viciously at her. He was obviously confused as to what the thing was, but he immediately unfocused when he heard heavy steps. Everytime he noted a single step, he would hear how it bend and twist under the weight of whatever it was. Quickly leaping and rolling forward, he turned around and was actually glad that he did. Whatever was behind him - which seemed like an extremely ugly mix of a human and a reptile - had used a huge steel hammer to make a hole that was probably bigger than Vex's head where he had just been.

"Just... what the heck are you? Hybrid?" Vex asked to himself as the thing attempted to pull the hammer out. He quickly summoned an ice blade and hurled it directly at his chest. At first, it stabbed in halfway, but the half outside simply broke off. Just less than a minute later, when the beast had just managed to pull the hammer out, the remainder of the ice simply slid out of the hole in it's stomach and quickly returned to it's original form. Shocked, he barely managed to blutter something out before the beast swung it's hammer overhead.

"R-regeneration?!" Vex said, obviously confused as he raised a wall of ice to stop the hammer. Said wall only managed to stop it for a few seconds before it caved in under the serious pressure. Jumping back to create some distance, Vex started thinking how to kill the thing... if it had regeneration of such a level, then he'd need to find where it was weak... and humanoids usually couldn't do without their head.

Edited by SkullKrusher

'that man was a superhero?... He sure died easily in such a pathetic manner...' thought jack, as he listened in on the conversation.

Jack turned to look at Siren, "so given the choice, you would rather be trapped here and keep your powers, as opposed to being free without your powers?"

"I'd rather be out there with my powers" said Siren taking the third option. "Until my powers manifested I was nobody. I lived with my druggie mother on the streets. No way I'm going back to that. At least here we get fed."

Eli looked up at Siren and cocked his head to one side. He didn't know what a 'druggie' was, but the way she said it didn't sound very nice. It must be horrible if she prefered the daily threat of death and injury to it.

"and if being out there with your powers is not a possibility?, can you honestly tell me you would prefer it here, the risk of death always looming above you?, there are things you can do outside that do not require powers"

"You ever been on the streets scarecrow? There are worse things to fear than death."

Siren was starting to look annoyed. Hoping to diffuse the situation slightly Eli turned to Jack to try and change the subject.

"What about you? Where did you come from?"