ZzelaBusya

ANSWERED:Papers: bringing genders back!

I stopped collecting Papers when they lost their genders, although I had a couple of misclicks grow up on my scroll when I failed to pass them off in time.

I wouldn't mind more if we could Influence gender for them, at least another pair.

Dunno if I could catch them now, though, lol.

I would be interested in papers regardless of gender xd.png it would still be pretty neat if the option was added, or maybe even a breeding button? (but then they wouldn't be unbreedables right d:)

if there could be a different sprite for the male/female papers, that would be even more awesome!

Edited by wtf

I don't see why not. I personally like papers as not having genders, but it would almost be a neat Easter egg for those who do want them. Kind of like a mild version of the whole Neglected dragon secret (is it even considered a secret anymore?).

I have papers from when they did have genders. I understand tho, that it's been frustrating for those who have come after, to see things like my papers, with genders, and them not being able to get them.

I think the best way would be for all the non breedables to be like ND. Random pick of gender, or non-gender.

Unless it has changed recently, doesn't influence disappear when traded as eggs?  I suppose it would still affect hatchlings, but I think that would be a relatively small reduction in market value(at least no more than a normal gendered hatchling would suffer).

Yes, influence disappears if the egg is teleported, I was talking about hatchies =) But yeah, I guess the difference would be fairly small.

I would be interested in papers regardless of gender xd.png it would still be pretty neat if the option was added, or maybe even a breeding button? (but then they wouldn't be unbreedables right d:)

if there could be a different sprite for the male/female papers, that would be even more awesome!

Personally I wouldn't like to see Papers have a breeding option - you are right, they are unbreedables after all хD Dolls can have a "gender" but that doesn't make them be able to breed yet. x3

I love gender dimorphism in general, but in this case I am totally fine with the current sprites, love them. <3

@Fsaber - Forgot to reply to you about different recolors. I think it would probably be neat (to be honest I have never thought about that myself, although I do have some recolors in my sig), but in case you are serious about it, that would probably require a separate topic biggrin.gif

Dunno if I could catch them now, though, lol.

This, so much, there are none right now ;__; They have disappeared and I only see them once in a couple of days; I wonder why it happened. Hope they return soon!

Thank you very much for the feedback! smile.gif

I support this & heres an idea

Ivy Shadow Rosette influences the enchanted egg to be chosen gender by owner.

Meaning you wrote on paper dragon the gender & used the pink who has the same gender you wrote on the paper to be influenced.

Besides, you draw on a piece of paper, it don't have a gender, nor face, nor dragon, but it can come to life through the use of 3d computers & etc. I know they don't exist in the past, but the paper dragon is enchanted, so it is alive & very well happy, so it should have genders IMO.

The reason papers are no longer gendered is due to the fact that they cannot be bred which is too bad. I would love to do a paper inbred line or such. Or similar to the drakes, papers can only breed with papers.. etc

Anyway i digress. I suggest that instead of asking for genders on the same sprite you look into talk POLITELY to their creator. Ask for a male and female sprite. I think that would be more likely to succeed than asking for papers to be gendered again.

I quite like this idea, and it sort of makes sense, because if you wanted a female paper you'd need to actively fold lady parts for it, or male parts if you wanted a boy x3

Anyway i digress. I suggest that instead of asking for genders on the same sprite you look into talk POLITELY to their creator. Ask for a male and female sprite. I think that would be more likely to succeed than asking for papers to be gendered again.

I fear the creator of Papers is no longer active, at least from what I have heard and read, so it cannot be done.

Truth to be told, I am quite happy with one sprite for Papers (the current ungendered and the old female/male ones), what I would like to see is them having genders again =)

I support this & heres an idea

Ivy Shadow Rosette influences the enchanted egg to be chosen gender by owner.

Meaning you wrote on paper dragon the gender & used the pink who has the same gender you wrote on the paper to be influenced.

Sorry, I don't completely understand what you mean. A different text for the Infleunce BSA when it's used on a Paper? smile.gif

I quite like this idea, and it sort of makes sense, because if you wanted a female paper you'd need to actively fold lady parts for it, or male parts if you wanted a boy x3

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif True, true x)

Thank you! :3

Sorry, I don't completely understand what you mean. A different text for the Infleunce BSA when it's used on a Paper? smile.gif

Pretty much when you influence a paper dragon egg, as I'm certain you can't but if this idea worked & tj allowed it, you could influence the egg to have genders.

In this idea, think of it as if you were drawing a boy or girl on a piece of paper, its not actually a boy or girl, its still just a piece of paper. But you give it details & things like a boy/girl would have, then technically it's now a gender-ed piece of paper. Its more the gender-ed, but you get the point.

So, if you influence a paper egg, it'd say

Your [insert name] gave the egg a gender by writing on it.

Or maybe as a human action

You gave [insert name] a gender by drawing on it.

Of course it'd only work for papers, but it is an idea.

I don't see why this couldn't work. Those are just piss poor examples, but u still get the point.

Bright side you provoke it by influence or human action so the people who want them cannon can keep it that way. Its a win/win.

Edited by White-Sword-Master

Oops, missed the reply, sorry!

Your idea is understandable, I think, although I'm not sure it would really be necessary to change the description for the Influence BSA just for Papers. The BSA itself works for all dragons that have genders (except X-mas/Valentine), but unless I have missed something we do not know how exactly that influence magic works when we influence an egg. In any case, if it's a human action when applied to Papers, what would the Pink Dragons have to do with it (they are the ones who have the Influence BSA)?

I think it would be fine if things we left as they are concerning the text, but well, maybe other people would disagree with me :]

Edited by ZzelaBusya

I think it would be a cool idea for people to be able to influence a paper egg if they want it to be gendered. This way if someone feels opposed to gendered papers, they won't have to have their papers gendered and if someone wants a gendered paper, they have to do it them self. Seems fair to me!

I have three male paper adults, back from my days of attempting to obtain a female, since the genders were removed before influence was implemented. I have one ungendered. I'd love to be able to obtain at least one female adult paper, so that my collection isn't so lopsided.

I do wish I had let the female I did manage to hatch grow up, rather than freezing him as a hatchling, but I had no way of knowing that the genders would be removed and I'd end up with such a lopsided gendered collection:

http://scdragons.wikidot.com/breed:paper

EDIT: Typos

Edited by SolarCat

I have both gendered and ungendered Papers, and there will be a fight if anyone tries to take my gendered Papers and make them genderless! There are always going to be issues with people not being able to get all the Sprites for example, because perhaps they are no longer available. I see no difference with this situation. Papers used to be gendered, now they aren't. But I don't want to see Sprites I have already collected change.

i am against having genders on papers again for three reasons.

1. They are a joke. Dinos, chickens, papers, and cheeses are jokes in the cave and really shouldn't need genders.

2. They don't breed so whats the point in genders.

3. Paper itself has no gender, thus enchanted paper doesn't have a gender either.

^^This. I like Papers as they are now, just magic, enchanted, genderless jokes smile.gif

I think it would be a cool idea for people to be able to influence a paper egg if they want it to be gendered. This way if someone feels opposed to gendered papers, they won't have to have their papers gendered and if someone wants a gendered paper, they have to do it them self. Seems fair to me!

Thank you very much! smile.gif

I have three male paper adults, back from my days of attempting to obtain a female, since the genders were removed before influence was implemented.  I have one ungendered.  I'd love to be able to obtain at least one female adult paper, so that my collection isn't so lopsided.

Aw, that's too bad =( If I had something like that it would bug me. It's just like with Bright Pinks and Frills: I had the chance to get CBs of those species, but I had no idea they would be discontinued so I wasn't in a hurry with getting them...well, I should have been.

Even though there has been no official reply on this, I am not losing hope that this thread will be noticed and maybe one day we get an answer, hopefully a positive one =) I'd love to get gendered Papers (even though I'd have to get two thousand of them to make the collection even хDDD).

Thank you!

I have both gendered and ungendered Papers, and there will be a fight if anyone tries to take my gendered Papers and make them genderless!  There are always going to be issues with people not being able to get all the Sprites for example, because perhaps they are no longer available.  I see no difference with this situation.  Papers used to be gendered, now they aren't. But I don't want to see Sprites I have already collected change.

I agree about the sprite thing, that's why I am against the current Silver sprite change and everything like that. Although a sprite change for Papers (aka an alternative to gendered Papers: Papers with different sprites to reflect that, but no gender sign) has been mentioned in the thread, I am not suggesting it and would rather see actual genders than different sprites.

As hard as I am trying to figure what exactly you are trying to say about Papers (i.e. whether you'd support the suggestion or not), I fail, I'm so sorry biggrin.gif /feels stupid

In any case, I think it would be unfair to remove genders from Papers that already have them. But at the same time it would be great if we got back the ability to get more of those, this time by applying a BSA to an egg.

Thanks! <3

i am against having genders on papers again for three reasons.

1. They are a joke. Dinos, chickens, papers, and cheeses are jokes in the cave and really shouldn't need genders.

2. They don't breed so whats the point in genders.

3. Paper itself has no gender, thus enchanted paper doesn't have a gender either.

^^This. I like Papers as they are now, just magic, enchanted, genderless jokes smile.gif

Thank you for posting <3

To be honest, I do not understand why enchanted Papers cannot have genders. I mean, paper itself having no gender doesn't explain that to me, so I see no logic in (3); they are *enchanted* after all xd.png If you have a doll made out of Paper, it can have a personality, it can live its own life and identify itself as a certain gender. I am aware that one can think of anything they like RP-wise, aka imagine that their genderless Paper is a girl despite the fact it has no female sign on it, but I find it a bit unfair that their genders were taken away, so some Papers are gendered and some are left without it.

I am certainly not proposing a change that would remove genders from existing gendered Papers, that would be terrible. What I have suggested is a solution that could give users a choice: those who like them ungendered won't be forced to be getting them, and those who would love/want gendered ones would have a chance to.

Edited by ZzelaBusya

I would love to have paper genders. It would be cool! The females could have paper bows, too. :3 or Mabye, paper genders could be...uncommon? Then, you could have all genders! So, there wouldn't be as much genders, but would give people a chance to get some gender ones.

Plus, I would love if they could breed. <3

I love the idea of letting us choose... especially since I have collected "x" amounts of each genders of each dragon and just doubled that for papers since they don't have genders anymore.

Of course I can hear it now... that's like playing God, choosing genders... I'm sure some discussions will get out of hand. "OoooOooh... we are paper Gods". hehehehe

I would love to have paper genders. It would be cool! The females could have paper bows, too. :3 or Mabye, paper genders could be...uncommon? Then, you could have all genders! So, there wouldn't be as much genders, but would give people a chance to get some gender ones.

Plus, I would love if they could breed. <3

Personally I would prefer if Papers didn't breed, they were meant to be unbreedables after all xd.png There's an idea out there, to let Papers "fold" other Papers, in the BSA suggestions section. I wouldn't like to see that happen either, but maybe that's just me biggrin.gif

Still, the lack of ability to breed doesn't make them lose other characteristics, such as identity, they are just like living beings after all ^^ So I'd love to see gendered Papers again.

Making Papers gender but rarely (without any BSA applied) may cause frustration among some users who prefer ungendered ones. That is why I suggested making us able to choose. :3

Thank you!

I love the idea of letting us choose... especially since I have collected "x" amounts of each genders of each dragon and just doubled that for papers since they don't have genders anymore.

Of course I can hear it now... that's like playing God, choosing genders... I'm sure some discussions will get out of hand.  "OoooOooh... we are paper Gods".  hehehehe

Thanks for the support =)

Paper Gods *laughs* Well, I can't see how this can be baad tongue.gif ХD

Edited by ZzelaBusya

I wouldn't mind if papers had genders, there's no harm in in, so... support. smile.gif

No harm in them getting genders. All the best luck with this suggestion.

I wouldn't mind if papers had genders, there's no harm in in, so... support. smile.gif
No harm in them getting genders. All the best luck with this suggestion.

Thank you so much =)

Would just like to first mention that Chickens are all hens, female chickens. (Much as many of us would love Roosters, lol.)

Chickens, Dinos and Cheeses may be regarded as jokes, but Papers seem to be typically considered dragons by many people, as far as I can tell, even if they can't reproduce, and have been collected by many people who are not big on Dinos or Cheeses, which they often may not consider to be in the same category as dragons.

I collected Papers until they lost their genders, although I wound up unintentionally having a couple of misclicked ungendered ones grow up on my scroll, as many other people seem to have also lost interest in them at that point.

I personally can see no reason why a magically created dragon *which originally had a gender* cannot be allowed the option of gendering through Influence, so that those who prefer gendered Papers can have them, while those who don't, don't have to.

This seems to me to be a perfect solution, the sort of brilliant thing that makes one always wonder why nobody ever thought of it before, once some genius comes out and suggests it.

I wish papers could become gendered, but I'm fairly certain it won't happen. I'm just grateful that the old papers were allowed to keep their gender.

With Diana on this one.

TJ doesn't usually change his mind on stuff like this.

It would be nice, but the chances of it happening are quite low. :\