ZzelaBusya

ANSWERED:Papers: bringing genders back!

I support this idea.

I don't like the excuses of "it's a joke / it doesn't breed, so it doesn't need a gender" when we have Chickens staring you in the face. Guardians of Nature can be either gender. They don't breed, either. The fact remains that the Papers USED to have genders and still show them. Didn't Dinos used to be male? Why don't the old ones show gender?

The cave doesn't always make sense- if we can keep a pair of dragon gods and as many zombies as we want in our command, and neglecting a dragon egg changes its species and sometimes anatomy entirely, why can't paper have a gender?

I would like to have all my Papers to be girls! ^^;

I like the idea.

And a rooster for the chicken!

Dolls also dont have a a biological gender, but dont think that my Nice is Interested in Arguments like that. Her dolls are Boys and girls. In many languages words also do have a gender, for nö biological reasons...why shouldnt Dragons that dont breed too? I dont like the idea of rules change without reason, and I honnestly didnt know that papers once could have a gender...but what Would be the Harm if they had? I certainly Would Like them to have genders Again, and the idea if opening all possibilities by influencing them or not is very interesting! I suport it!

Edited by ana3

Thank you sooo much for all the comments :'D

Ana3 - grammatical gender! Thank you, that's exactly what I had on my mind in return to the argument that gender is biological! Our languages have genders for every noun, it's not like a table can breed but it's male in German and Russian for example laugh.gif As for the point about dolls, have to agree as well, Papers are pretty much like dolls in one way or another; I think since Paper Dragons are a creation of magic, that magic can very well include genders x3

Apart from that, if the influence part of the suggestion is taken into account, people who do not agree with the idea of gendered Papers would not suffer from it if it got implemented, only those who *want* gendered papers would be getting it.

:3

Edited by ZzelaBusya

I've always wanted gendered Papers, so I'm all for this as long as it's just influence. I'd still like to have ungendered ones floating around.

Of course you'd be the one to sugest this, ZzelaBusya tongue.gif

I really like the idea of having Papers gender by influence!

Thank you! :3

Of course you'd be the one to sugest this, ZzelaBusya  tongue.gif

*giggles* Hehee, I had to biggrin.gif I've been thinking to suggest something like that for a long time but felt awkward to. :]

I like the idea as it is put forth in the OP and would love to be able to influence papers to have genders.

That's because they had/have genders - they were female. Roosters are male, so chickens have to be female only since all we have are chickens. x3 Enchanted objects can't really have a gender, though I know a lot of people attach genders to inanimate objects and such.

Chicken is the name for the species. You're thinking of hens; all the chickens in the cave are hens.

I support papers having genders. They used to so why not. Also the GoN dragons are somewhat jokes too and can't breed, yet they have genders despite almost being dragon "gods". I think it makes more sense for papers, cheeses, and dinos to have genders than GoN dragons.

Chicken is the name for the species. You're thinking of hens; all the chickens in the cave are hens.

I support papers having genders. They used to so why not. Also the GoN dragons are somewhat jokes too and can't breed, yet they have genders despite almost being dragon "gods". I think it makes more sense for papers, cheeses, and dinos to have genders than GoN dragons.

Dinos and Guardians of Natures are a bit different, though. They're alive. Papers and Cheeses aren't. Though they can still think and I would imagine that most would come to the conclusion that they identify to one gender or the other. From an RP standpoint, anyways.

I personally like that Cheeses and Papers have no gender and would rather they stay that way, but wouldn't mind if, say, they were ungendered by default but would gender if Influenced.

Dinos, on the other hand, I think should have genders, but that's irrelevant since this thread is on Papers.

EDIT: I did not read the OP, apparently. xd.png Disregard what I said. +1 Support

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan

Support! biggrin.gif

I wish I could influence to add or change the genders on my papers and other unbreedables.

I'd like this, if they gendered through Influence rather than coming 'pre-wired'.

I thought at one time it had been suggested that there be Roosters too?

Thank you! =)

Yepp, Roosters have been suggested already, and the discussion about them is active again biggrin.gif Not sure what I think about it though, so I am not posting there yet xd.png

I think this is a fantastic idea. Although for me, it's simply because having an adult dragon without a gender breaks the neat format, and irritates my OCD. The lack of gender is the primary reason I do not, and will not, have papers on my scroll. Maybe, however, in the future smile.gif if we can influence them with our pinks.

Personally to me gendered or not are the same.

But since nobody can get advantage from that - why not?

Dolls in shop are also ungendered :) But humanoid ones still gendered by dressup :)

To me papers are perfect canvas to paint on them :)

I think that random adult colorings (from a given set) can really add a lot of fun to collecting papers :)

The set can be made expandable. Users designed as usual, with some sort of voting (user-driven or selected judges). If new design are accepted - just adding new picture to the set are simple. (i think that nebulas are working by the same way now)

Edited by Fsaber

I'm in support of this.

Although I'm fine with gendered or ungendered papers (and I only managed to have one paper in 2010, when they're already ungendered), I like the idea of giving people choices.

For those that do not like the idea of gendering papers, simply don't influence them. As for paper gender of the whole site - it's other people's dragons. And the old papers DO have genders.

there doesn't seem to be any downside to this haha other than maybe influenced papers would either be more/less valuable when trading? hm.

the only paper i have was raised in '08 so it's gendered. i wouldn't mind them having this ability so i could have a male to go with her.

I think this is a brilliant idea, giving people on both sides choice, with the freedom to have, or not to have, gendered Papers as they prefer.

To be honest, I don't care whether the idea gets implemented or not.

maybe influenced papers would either be more/less valuable when trading

Oh, actually I haven't thought about that point! Mhh, I have no idea. Probably they would have a lower value for those who don't like gendered ones.

People usually get Papers for collection purposes (like X dragons/pairs of every species or something); we have a breed that has three genders (Neggies) and their value seems to be the same, no matter which gender they have, because they either go to those who army them, or end up on the scroll of someone who needs one of a particular gender :3 Maybe it would be the same in this case.

Eggs may rise in value a bit (like, the person who gets it can choose themselves which gender it could be).

Edited by ZzelaBusya

I'm tempted to say no, let the past papers stay special. But on the other hand, what I love about this site is that (almost) everything is possible for everyone to get.

So yeah. I like this idea. Having ungenderd and gendered papers sounds cool.

Oh, actually I haven't thought about that point! Mhh, I have no idea. Probably they would have a lower value for those who don't like gendered ones.

People usually get Papers for collection purposes (like X dragons/pairs of every species or something); we have a breed that has three genders (Neggies) and their value seems to be the same, no matter which gender they have, because they either go to those who army them, or end up on the scroll of someone who needs one of a particular gender :3 Maybe it would be the same in this case.

Eggs may rise in value a bit (like, the person who gets it can choose themselves which gender it could be).

Unless it has changed recently, doesn't influence disappear when traded as eggs? I suppose it would still affect hatchlings, but I think that would be a relatively small reduction in market value(at least no more than a normal gendered hatchling would suffer).

Edited by Nectaris