lycrawaterz14

Of Slaves and Royals

Ella desperately wanted to believe him, but she was afraid to get her hopes up. What if he was wrong? Before that moment in the doughnut shop, she had somewhat come to terms with the fact that she might never see her brother again. Sure she hoped, but she always knew it was highly unlikely. However, now that she had found him, the fact that they couldn’t stay together, had her fearing that she was just going to lose him again… She didn’t know if she could handle going through that a second time. Glancing to his hand on hers, she wasn’t sure how to respond, so with a small sigh, she said, “As you say, Sir.”

Tybalt looked hurt. He didn't want to be her master. He wanted to be her friend. And simply agreeing with his comforts wasn't what he wanted at all. But some things cannot be helped...

"I'm sorry." He murmured.

Uncertain why he apologized, Ella timidly glanced toward him out of the corner of her eye. At her angle, he seemed upset, and the only reason she could see for that was because she was wasting his time with her problems. True, that didn’t explain why he would apologize, but at that point, her main concern was that she had upset her master. Dropping her gaze back down to her lap, she tried to push her emotions aside as she said, “Please forgive me, Sir. I didn’t mean to be a bother.”

Confused now as to whether or not he was angry, Ella wasn’t quite sure what to think or say. After a moment’s pause, she said the only thing that would come to mind, “Thank you, Sir.”

He just silently pulled out of the parking lot, and slumped back in his seat, turning on the radio. He still seemed frazzled, especially after the events of the day.

As they started to drive away, Ella once again watched Tybalt out of the corner of her eye. To her, he still seemed upset - or perhaps troubled. Either way, she was sure that it was her fault, so it was her duty to make it right. Unfortunately, she had no idea how to do that. Giving the matter some thought, she settled on what she thought would be the safest way to find out, and in a quiet voice, she asked, “What do I need to do, Sir?”

(I'm sorry, I didn't want to leave people behind and aughhhh)

Tybalt simply sighed. "I... I don't know. Could I stay in your and Rachel's room tonight? Rachel's sick and I'm... scattered. Scattered is a good word." More like on the verge of another breakdown.

Though she was able to mask any outward reaction, Ella’s heart still skipped a beat at the thought of sharing a room with her master. She was also a bit confused why he was asking since he could simply state that he was going to, but the fact that he did ask was slightly comforting. She gave the matter some thought, and knowing that the other girl was supposed to avoid stress, she timidly said, “S-since Rachel is sick, it…it would probably be best for you…for you to stay i-in my room.” She truly was trying to not be scared, but she was battling a lifelong conditioned fear. She just hoped that he’d be patient with her while she tried to work through it.

"I'm sorry, I won't if you don't want me to. Sorry I even asked..." He immediately regretted even asking.

By that point, Ella could tell that Tybalt really didn’t want to be alone, and she realized that if he was alone he might end up in the winery. With that thought in mind, she turned her head slightly toward him as she said, “Please forgive me, Sir, for being so muddled. It’s not that I don’t…want… umm… That is, I don-don’t fear…you…” Oh, please be patient with me, she thought with a sigh, and then hoping he’d understand what she was trying to get at, she said, “If it would be best for you to not be alone…”

"I understand, if I was in your place I would be wary too. It is... Unconventional." He sighed. "It's just... I... I've had a long day too. And Kinl-" his voice broke and he stopped talking and looked away from her. "She betrayed me. And it hurts a lot." He sounded like he might be fighting tears.

(Yeah uh, still stuck. I understand Tybalt and Ella are having a moment but I literally can't do anything until they get home.)

((Sorry, Sweet…They’re on their way.))

At his words, Ella gave a small nod of understanding as she said, “Well… Like I said, if it’d be best for you not to be alone, and with Rachel sick, it would probably be best…for you to stay in my room.” Letting her gaze slide to her lap again, she paused briefly on his hand still holding hers. In a move that was unprecedented for her, she tightened her fingers ever so slightly on his. It was little more than a twitch, and she knew that it was risky, but she felt that he needed some comforting as well. Not acknowledging what she did, she continued to stare at her other hand on her lap.

He smiled a little shakily. "Thank you." He nodded his head. "We're here." He reached into the back and got the doughnuts. "They're still good. Rachel will be happy."

(Sorry. There we go~)

(Thank you!)

Rachel was still napping in bed, sleeping peacefully since their departure. She hadn't experienced any other negative things since they got home from the hospital, so that was good.

Ella nodded when he thanked her, but said nothing more until he mentioned Rachel. Since he had already grabbed the doughnuts, she asked, “Shall I go check on Rachel, and see if she’s hungry?”

Edited by starphyre77

"I'll go with you." He smiled and got out, locking the car and making sure the house keys were on him. "I hope she's still asleep..."

“Yes, Sir,” Ella said when he said he’d go with her, and as she followed after him she nodded in agreement about hoping Rachel was still asleep.

((Sorry folks, gotta go for a bit.))

(Daggum.)

Tybalt walked in and went straight to Rachel and Ella's room and knocked before opening. "Rachel?" He asked, and let himself in.

Rachel stirred at the sound of her voice, eyes fluttering open to see Tybalt approaching. She smiled slightly at him. "Yes sir?" She asked, sitting up and rubbing her eyes. The rest had done her good, and though she had been told to stay inactive for at least a week, she hoped to get back to work soon. Even small tasks. Being idle wasn't fun.

Rachel nodded, a small smile still on her face. After everything, she was certain now that she didn't fear Tybalt. He wouldn't hurt her, she was just had a hunch. "It's okay. I did," she replied.

"I brought doughnuts. Sorry it took so long. And about earlier." He looked ashamed. "I know it wasn't my fault, but I still should have made sure you were okay. And took you directly to the hospital and not been stupid." He just sighed. "Ella has the doughnuts in the kitchen. I'll have her get you one in a minute."