lycrawaterz14

Of Slaves and Royals

((Hmm…recap? Well, as we last saw your characters: Maddi and Sam are still playing Mario Kart; Leon and Zeke are still at the doughnut shop; Tybalt and Ella were about to leave said shop, but then he had a panic attack in the car, and Ella went back in to see if she and Zeke could talk while Tybalt calmed down. Hope this helps some. smile.gif ))

Pulling out of the gate, Isabeth gave a heavy sigh as she muttered, “Blast it, I hadn’t counted on training… Look,” she added in a somewhat stern tone, “Daddy cannot be proven right here, so you better not mess this up for me…” She trailed off for a bit as she got lost in her thoughts, but then with a huff, she said, “Can’t believe I’m saying this…If you have any questions, this is probably your only chance to ask them. What do you need to know?”

Tybalt's thoughts were racing. What had set him off? It wasn't the two men, perhaps it was the crowd...

When it became apparent that Zeke wasn’t coming over, Ella dropped her head to hide her pain. Going outside, she slowly walked back to Tybalt’s car, and without saying a word, she got in and sat staring at her hands in her lap.

((Just to let you know, I’m going to be without internet from Sunday afternoon until Tuesday afternoon/evening.))

As Ella glanced at Tybalt’s hand on her arm, tears started to well up in her eyes. Turning her head slightly away to hide her pain, she cleared her throat to get rid of the lump that had formed, and quietly answered, “He…he wasn’t able to talk…”

Gracie glanced at Grey, she tried to remain calm but in reality she was terrified, she never wanted to be a slave, she tried to dispel all her thoughts but she couldn't, Knees getting weaker, Head getting foggier, darkness growing, and then she collapsed. She was dreaming in her head of ice cream, then her brain thought to reality, about Grey, what would he do when she woke up? she desperately tried to wake up, but to no avail.

((ahhhh lost track of this rp. Seriously, if I vanish again just PM me))

Zeke sat back in the booth when Elle left again. A rare sigh escaped his lips and he looked up at Leo.

"I'm sorry El..." He looked out the window. "Perhaps I should call Leo..." Tybalt held her hand. "Do you want me to do that?"

Ella thought about the question. She did want Tybalt to call Leon, but worried that it might anger the other man. In a still quiet voice, she said, “If…would it get Zeke in trouble?”

Ella considered Tybalt’s answer, and more importantly how to respond. As long as it wouldn’t get Zeke into trouble, but then the problem became how could she possibly ask when slaves weren’t supposed to want things? However, if she didn’t ask, then he wouldn’t call, and she could lose her brother again. Not wanting to risk that, she surprised herself by saying, “Yes please, Sir.” Of course, since asking for something went against what she’d been told, her voice was barely more than a whisper as she said that.

"Dude, she's your sister. Why didn't you talk to her?" Leon asked Zeke, standing up to leave. When all of a sudden his phone rang. He picked it up and answered. "Hello?"

Tybalt had it on speaker. "Hey! El needs to talk to her brother pretty bad... is there any way she could do that?"

Ella listened as Tybalt and Leon spoke, but at Leon’s question, glanced toward Tybalt as she tentatively asked, “Is…is there time for us to speak in person?”

Gray

He noticed that Gracie fainted. Gray told the man in the front to hurry up. They got to his house as soon as possible and he picked her up and rushed her inside. Gray lay her on the couch and paced around waiting.

Despite Tybalt’s encouragement, Ella couldn’t help but worry as she waited for Leon’s response. What if she wasn’t supposed to answer? What if she angered Leon? Falling into silence, she waited with bated breath.

Though Ella still remained silent as she waited for Leon to answer, Tybalt’s words had her relaxing slightly as she gave a small sigh.

When the phone went to answering machine, Tybalt got a sinking feeling that Ella's brother would be hard to communicate with. He just put an arm around her and held her close instead. "Ell... I'm sorry. This isn't your fault. He must be busy or something." He squeezed her a bit and finally let go, taking her hand instead. "Let's just go home."

Edited by lycrawaterz14

When the call ended, Ella’s heart dropped. Wondering why they couldn’t at least talk, she found little comfort in Tybalt’s words and actions as she was once again struck by the unfairness of it all. Reminding herself that slaves didn’t deserve fairness, she lowered her head, and in a dejected tone she simply said, “Yes, Sir.”

Tybalt just wanted her to be happy... "When he calls back you two can schedule to meet again. Wouldn't that be wonderful? Y-you can spend the whole day with him." He held her hand tighter. "It's alright, you're brother can talk to you once more." He just wanted to pull over the car and hug her until she felt better.