lycrawaterz14

Of Slaves and Royals

Rachel allowed herself a ghost of a smile, accepting the clothes wordlessly. "He gave he the money.. Maybe we should pay," she suggested quietly, inclining her head towards the register.

“Yeah, that’d probably be a good idea,” she said a little sheepishly. She’d forgotten that he had left money with the clerk. Heading to the register, she put the items she was carrying on the counter, and waited for Rachel to do the same. Looking at their purchases, she hoped they hadn’t gone over their limit, but since she wasn’t smart enough to be taught math – so she’d often been told – she had no way of knowing.

Rachel set her stuff down on the counter with her, mentally summing it up. She knew enough that they hadn't bought too much, but it would be easy to give some stuff up if for some reason they had. Idly she toyed with the decorative belt on her dress; a nervous habit of hers was always to be doing something with her hands.

The clerk quickly purchased the items and placed them in bags. "Your master is in his car outside in the third parking space on the left." She smiled. "Have a good day!"

Ella’s smile faded as she quietly said, “Thank you, Ma’am.” Picking up her bags, she turned to Rachel, and trying to give a look that said ‘we’ll be ok’, she asked, “Ready?”

Rachel murmured a quiet thank you and reached for the bags, taking two from the four. Glancing briefly at Ella, she dipped her head before she began walking outside. It was obvious she was nervous, but she was trying to hide it.

Ella was a little impressed that despite her obvious fear, Rachel calmly walked out first. Following her outside, Ella briefly glanced to the car to get her bearings, and then lowered her head as she walked over.

Bracing herself, Rachel slid into the back seat and made room in case Ella wasn't going to sit in the front. She remained silent; speak when spoken to. No matter what either of them said, it would take a while to lose her fear considering her last male master.

In the cup holders of the car there were two small bouquets of raises and roses. "Surprise!" He grinned like a dork.

Rachel's eyes widened in pure disbelief. Setting her bags aside, she lifted a rose between her delicate fingers to gaze at it. Then she turned to look at him, surprise rapidly coloring her face pink. "I.. thank you," she managed to stammer, still thrown way off guard.

Ella got into the back seat with Rachel, and when she saw the flowers and the grin on Tybalt’s face, her face turned red. Though she didn’t pick up any of the flowers, she did reach out to gently feel the petals on one of the roses. “Th-thank you, Sir,” she stuttered, and found herself wishing that she’d warned Rachel about his tendency for non-typical master behavior. She’d had about a day to start adjusting to the shocks, for poor Rachel, they were just beginning.

"A vendor was trying to throw them out and I bought them for cheap. I figured you two would like them." He smiled wider. "Sorry about my behavior. I can't stand people like that... I got carried away." The car made a delicate swing out of the lot and he looked in the rear view mirror. "Girls, from now on I would prefer if on of you sat in the front... That way I wouldn't look like a chauffeur."

Even though they were essentially trash by what Tybalt was saying, she still appreciated them. Replacing the rose, Rachel nodded quickly. "Yes sir," she said apologetically, wondering about his change of attitude.

Rachel nodded silently, picking at the edge of her dress again. Just because he was nice now didn't mean he wouldn't get angry again.

Tybalt sighed. "I can't apologize enough... I really wasn't always like th-" he looked in his rear view mirror and became quiet. "Buckle up."

Rachel complied and buckled herself in, feeling the need to say something. "It isn't.. It isn't you, sir," she said quietly, barely more than a whisper. "My last male master was not kind." She couldn't bring herself to say any more than that.

Tybalt huffed at her. "The difference is I want to change. Ella... I signed you up as a dam... That sounds terrible, but hear me out. I think if we play our cards right we could find your brother like that. No one is going to hurt you on these... Er... Dates I guess you could call them. I could remove you from the list, but... I think this is the closest we'll get." He was quick to change the subject.

As she fastened her seatbelt, Ella was thinking that she was getting better at handling the surprises he kept throwing at them. However, she was nowhere near prepared for the bomb he dropped on her next… She was so devastated when he told her she was signed up as a dam that she, unfortunately, didn’t actually comprehend anything that he said after that. Had she understood the fact that it was to help find her brother, she might have taken it better, but as it was, the color drained from her face, and her breathing became slow but shallow as she tried to figure out what she’d done wrong to deserve such punishment. In her shocked state, she automatically dropped her head and folded her hands in her lap, but her hands were gripped together so tightly that it was causing her arms to shake.

Rachel gaped in surprise, looking between Ella and Tybalt. Obviously that wasn't good news to Ella by the way she was reacting. Reaching out, she put a a hand on the girl's shoulder and tried to be comforting.

"Ella, did you even listen at all? I said it was to help you find your brother..." He frowned, and took a back road as opposed to the main highway and began to speed.

When she felt Rachel’s hand on her shoulder, Ella’s head and shoulders dropped even more. It was as though she was trying to curl in on herself as she was forced to re-think her comment about not needing to fear…that. However, when Tybalt told her again that it was to help find her brother, she wanted to believe him, but try though she did, she couldn’t follow the logic. “For-forgive me, Sir,” she said, and she glanced up with a shattered look on her face, “but I don’t… I don’t understand. Ho-how does submitting to…to…” She faltered as her head fell again, and sounding like a lost child, she all but cried, “How does this help?”

((Chicogal, if you’re at all interested, the role of Ella’s brother can be available... Might make for some interesting RPing?))

Rachel removed her hand since it didn't seem to be helping, her gaze flitting between her master and her (friend?). She was feeling extremely uncomfortable, but she felt that she had to do something. After all, Ella had helped her, and she deserved just as much. "I don't think he intends to have you paired up," she said quietly, her gaze lowered. "I think he just thought if you keep meeting more men, one of them is bound to be your brother. Meeting, but not actually... Doing anything," she elaborated, and was surprised at how much she had spoken.