TalonCat

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

((In the games, no. It kind of makes sense? A lot of ground-type moves attack by throwing mud or stomping on the ground so being underground would make you immune to that. Earthquake and Magnitude do double damage to underground targets though.

Also I'm kind of assuming actual centipede mouth-parts for Atto because forcipules are hella cool.))

Atto flinched away from the tiny fox. He'd never seen a real Zorua before, given that they were pretty rare. But it wasn't the time to wonder about that kind of thing. He plucked a blast seed from his bag and held it between his mandibles, ready to bite down if the Mismagius decided to emerge near him. "I don't actually have any money on me," he admitted, still staring at the ground for any sign of the ghost pokemon. Besides, if she could deafen a third of the entire crowd with a single attack, they needed as many fighters here as possible. Still...how long has it been since he was last in a battle?

Behind him, Bree piped up. "I...I could try to pull her through the ground with Telekinesis, actually." She bit her lip. She'd never tried it before, but theoretically, it should be possible. She shut her eyes and tried to search for an underground presence.

(Ahh pokemon logic, its great, im not sure whether money counts towards the items, feel free to correct me)

Haldor raised an eyebrow in an amused grin as he looked at the Zorua. "I never knew why Zoruas and Zoroarks decided to disguise themselves, perhaps they wish they were dittos, or they don't like their own appearance, never mind". Haldor turned back to the Scolipede, "I will happily pay if you will get a reviver seed as fast as possible, a lifetime of being in a rescue team allows one to earn up a reasonable amount of money". Haldor pulled out a fairly large amount of money that he stored somewhere on his person and held it out towards the Scolipede with his tail. Turning to the Reuniclus he said, "That would be very useful if you could, with you, myself and our little Zorua here I'm sure we could apprehend that Mismagius, assuming you will co-operate," Haldor finished turning his eye towards the Zorua again.

"Hey, we just like to play pranks on everyone. Nothing to do with our own image," Zagan told the Steelix, returning the grin. He then sat down next to the massive Steel-type; his specialty were Special moves, not Physical ones, and besides, he didn't know if he wanted to get involved. He didn't even know what had Agatha done to make her an outlaw. What if she was just a prankster like him, but liked to overdo it? Well, at least now he had the excuse that he was a 'kid', so they couldn't expect much from him.

Other Pokemon may consider it offensive, but Zagan liked to be underestimated. Gave him the element of surprise.

"I can use Extrasensory and Shadow Ball. Don't expect that last one to hit, though," he told the Shiny, who was now looking at him. Night Daze was a lot stronger and was his favorite attack to use, but that would be overdoing it, and he didn't want to show it just yet. And Flamethrower was something Zoruas couldn't use, so it was out of the question too. Besides, the two attacks he mentioned would mean he didn't have to get near the action and risk the illusion shattering again.

There was a scream from somewhere in the crowd. A shadowy hand had shot out of the ground, grabbed a young Pichu, and dragged him away from his frantic mother. Agatha rose out of the ground, cackling with glee.

"All right, playtime's over," she said, "I admire your tenacity thinking you can take me on, but you really shouldn't make your plans out loud like that."

Agatha was slowly backing out of the square, taking the Pichu with her.

"If anyone makes a move, I promise the kid will get hurt," she said threateningly. "Here's how it's going to go. You let me go, and I'll let the kid go."

Edited by sailing101

((Bluh, sorry.))

Atto tensed and glared at the Mismagius, but he knew it was pointless. There were too many pokemon in the way for him to try anything - and there was always the possibility that she would be faster. "Let her go," he muttered to the Steelix in a low voice. "I'll catch up to her once she lets the kid down." If she doesn't pull any more shadow tricks to get away, he added to himself. Still, he had to consider the safety of everyone else first.

Haldor looked down at the Scolipede, this one was smaller than most but he was still larger than practically every other pokemon here, even if he could catch up with Agatha he would be seen.

"Don't worry, when she has let the pichu go I'll go after her myself, I could use some excitement. For now take this money and get a reviver seed for me, this Meowth seems like he knew this Mismagius and he may be of some assistance with her capture," Haldor said, turning his steely ( tongue.gif ) gaze back onto the Mismagius.

(Sorry for the lack of posts, I was waiting for Pi)

Zagan's attitude immediately turned serious - joking around was fun and all, but he and his friends always drew the line at 'hurting others'. Why had Agatha even done that? Couldn't she had fled when she was in the ground? As she said, they had been talking; more than enough time if one was accustomed to running away. And even if a fight had broken out, he wasn't really going to try to get involved without more information (not to mention his illusory self was supposed to be young).

"Why are you doing this?" he snarled, fur bristling, though he didn't make any move to go after her. And to think he had thought the Ghost-type was kinda cool... Now he was angry both at her and at himself, for not leaping into action the second the Meowth had said she was an outlaw.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Where is she?" Requiem thought, slowly flying through the town's streets. He had woken up a few minutes ago and had left his room to look for the group he had met yesterday. There were some things he wanted to ask. Flicker. Female. Mirror. It made him shudder.

He turned another corner, again not finding any of them. At least there didn't seem to be many Pokemon around - there was some kind of commotion somewhere else, but Requiem didn't want to go there. He didn't like crowds. It felt like they were all watching him, and it made him nervous. He didn't blame them, though. Normal Hydreigon behavior was attacking everything they couldn't eat, and others were right to distrust the species. Rhapsody would have laughed and attacked them, but Requiem didn't want to. He hadn't hunted in months, and wasn't going to start now.

"You want to know why?" Agatha cackled, "Because this world is full of self entitled Pokémon who walk over everyone else, and nobody seems to ever care. Exploration teams, Guilds, Legendries, Price gouging shop owners, they're all the same."

Agatha's voice turned sinister. "You all need a little reminder that you can't just have everything the way you want it."

Agatha was now backing down the path that lead out of town. To further discourage anyone from following, she summoned an Ominous Wind to cover her retreat.

Haldor shouted back towards agatha, "And how does kidnapping an innocent pokemon make you better!" An ominous wind picked up shrouding her. Haldor turned quickly to the other pokemon surrounding him. "Reuniclus, use your abilities to sense where she is and follow me, the rest of you as well, help would be appreciated," Haldor said to the small group, though hushed enough so that Agatha couldn't hear. His body began to spin and he sprung up, still out of sight thanks to Agathas ominous wind. He dove into the ground, his boulders spinning like a drill, underground he could move faster and he dug a tunnel heading quickly in the direction he'd seen her take.

Bree grabbed the tip of the Steelix's tail just before he disappeared below the ground. "Sorry!" She squeaked, trying to float towards the middle and not hit the walls. She doubted she would be of much help. She had sensed Agatha's vague location when she was underground, but it was nowhere near exact. Still, she supposed they would be fine if they just went in the same general direction - and didn't hit any buried boulders. "Don't think she's changed directions yet."

--

Atto stamped on the ground, hard. He was still bristling at the ghost's comments from earlier, but he wasn't stupid enough to go charging right into the Ominous Wind. He dropped his blast seed back in his bag and picked up the money the Steelix had left on the ground (exactly enough to buy a reviver seed, it seemed), then ran wordlessly towards the shop. Discussing their plan right above their enemy was a terrible move. Maybe he should have done something instead of joining in and just adding to the problem. Still, how could he have attacked someone below the ground?

Frustrated and lost in thought, Atto didn't notice the presence of another pokemon until his shadow was right over him. He looked up and screeched to a stop, then stumbled a few step backwards. "Sorry!" It was a Hydreigon - a rather scrawny one, at that. Guess we have the same type of problem, he thought to himself. Even so, he was blocking almost the entire road and pushing past would have been rude, even if he was in a hurry. "Just heading towards the shop. There's been...a bit of commotion at the town square."

The Steelix dove into the ground, the Psychic-type he didn't know the name of grabbing onto his tail, and the Scolipede ran off to get the requested item. Zagan ch'd and was about to jump into the tunnel too, when he heard the crying of a Pikachu. The tiny mouse had her paws over her eyes, a second Pichu holding onto her V-shaped tail, asking if his brother would come back - the reason she hadn't gone herself after Agatha, Zagan supposed.

Panting in exhaustion, the Zoroark turned to him, drenched fur clinging to her form. Jumping down, she carefully approached the trembling Zorua, as to not scare him, and extended a crimson-dyed paw towards him. "Zagan... are you alright?"

He shivered a bit at the memory; no matter how long he lived, he'd never forget that day. Making up his mind, he picked up the unconscious Meowth, his Zorua illusion masquerading it as the fox pulling the cat over his back. Didn't want him getting trampled by accident, after all. Once done, Zagan went to the Pikachu's side. "Please, don't worry," he told her, slightly touching her arm with a claw, Zorua illusion doing the same with a whole paw. "That Steelix said he had been on a Rescue Team. I'm sure he'll bring your child back."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had he been there before? He wasn't sure. He had been looking at the Pokemon, not the buildings, so he didn't know.

Requiem felt a small touch on his side and jerked back, looking almost in panic at what had touched him. It was a Scolipede, smaller than what he'd seen, but still bigger than him; the only reason Requiem was looking down was because of his ability to fly. The Bug-type had also put some distance; the thing Requiem felt was probably the horns.

"Commotion?" Requiem repeated, looking at the direction the other had come from. He swallowed and shook his head, his right arm rising so the fake head there could rub his snout. "...Don't know where the shop is," he said, voice low in volume and quivering a bit at the end, eyes looking at the ground.

Haldor slowed, he had carved out a very long tunnel. He wasn't sure how far the Mismagius had gone, but if she had kept in the same direction she would be somewhere above this tunnel. Haldor felt something on the end of his tail, rotating his body in such confined spaces was fairly simple for a Steelix, and as he turned around he saw the Reuniclus clinging to his tail. "You can let go now. Agatha is somewhere above us, i need you to sense her, and then we shall give her a very nasty surprise," Haldor said. He paused, looking at the Reuniclus. "I never got your name," he noted.

Atto blinked. He'd never met a Hydreigon before, but from the stories he'd heard, he would have expected...something a little more fierce. "Ah, no, that's alright. I've been to this town before, I'm pretty confident about where it is. And about the town square...I'm surprised that you're not over there yourself, actually! Everyone else certainly seems to be. There was something about a legendary pokemon there earlier, though I missed it myself, and then...well." He coughed awkwardly. There he was, wasting time again when a pokemon needed help. "Sorry, I should get going." He bowed lightly and trotted around the other pokemon, galloping toward the store again.

When he got there, the shop was empty. The skopkeeper had probably headed to the town square to check out the important announcement. He left the money on the counter, plucked a reviver seed from the shelf, and ran for the town square, taking a different route this time.

--

"Bree," she mumbled, dropping the Steelix's tail. "I - I'm not sure how accurate I can be, really. I mean, it's not, exactly...um, well, I'll try." She closed her eyes again and tried to sense anything from above.

Agatha reached the edge of town, and began to enter the forest, taking the Pichu with her. The young Pokémon began to whimper and squirm in protest, but Agatha lightly squeezed him in response.

"Stop being such a baby," she taunted. "This will all be over soon, and then you can go running back to your mama."

Once Agatha had gone a ways into the trees, her Shadow Sneak dissipated, releasing the Pichu. "Beat it" she said. However, the Pichu stayed put, too scared to move. "What's wrong with you?" She snapped, "Go on, Scram!"

The Pichu still didn't move. Instead, he started to bawl loudly.

"Just shut up will you?!" Agatha yelled hoarsely, followed by a hacking cough. She still hadn't recovered from her own hyper voice.

Atto returned to the square, the reviver seed carefully held between his jaws. He pushed past the crowd and placed it on the ground beside the Meowth. "Got it," he said, taking a moment to catch his breath. The cat pokemon was still out cold - that Mismagius was pretty strong. "Can someone else do the honours?" Atto was many times the size of the Meowth and he didn't want to mess up and do something stupid.

--

The problem with sensing things psychically was that, if one wasn't good enough, they couldn't distinguish pokemon from similarly sized rocks - and Bree had certainly never trained her skill. Fortunately, Agatha was floating and could be picked out more easily among the inanimate objects. "To the left...left and forward, and..." Bree trailed off. She was also detecting something else, significantly smaller than and right beside the ghost pokemon. It seemed to be floating a little in the air as well. What was Agatha doing? "Hold on." The whatever-it-was fell to the ground, but stayed where it is. Was it...? "The Pichu! I, er, her hostage is still with her, I think." She nibbled at her apple's stem. Pichu was weak to ground-type attacks, too - could they risk launching a surprise attack like this, especially considering how spotty her detecting skills were?

Haldor looked from Bree to the roof of the tunnel. "I know what your thinking but don't worry, the pichu won't be hurt because im not going to use a ground attack," Haldor said, simultaneously raising his tail up towards where she said. "Many ghost types have the ability levitate, meaning digging up and attacking won't work. What im planning to do is to attack through the ground, we're not far beneath so i should be able to reach her." Haldor re positioned his tail, focusing the point of his tail so that he would get a clean strike through the soil and rock. "This is a delicate operation, but don't worry I've done something like this before, let me know if they move," Haldor finished. He began to raise his tail through the ground, slowly moving it so he could get as close as possible without Agatha detecting it.

The Scolipede apologized and ran off. Requiem watched him go for a bit, and then turned to look at the direction it had come from. He thought about it, but in the end, just left. He didn't like crowds.

"Got it."

Zagan looked up; it was the Bug-type, a Reviver Seed carefully being placed on the ground. "I'll get it," he said, throwing a small look at the Pikachu he had been talking to, before grabbing the seed between two claws, his Zorua illusion holding it in one paw. He deposited the Meowth on the ground again (his doppelganger shook its little body to pretend he was making the Normal-type fall) and, making sure he didn't cut the feline, plopped the seed in his mouth. He knew from experience those things didn't need further assistance and acted quickly; they were meant for unconscious Pokemon, after all.

"Hey! You there?" he barked in the Normal-type's face, waving a paw in front of him. "Wakey wakey!"

Edited by Puredark006

"Go! Beat it! Vamoose! Scram!" Agatha continued to shout at the Pichu, who only cried harder in response. With a groan of disapproval Agatha drifted down to eye level with the terrified Pokémon.

"Look kid," she said sternly, "I learned the hard way that not everyone can just sit around crying and get whatever they want. Life taught me to take things for myself, because nobody will ever do anything for you without some price."

=================================================

Leo's eyes blinked open, and he sat up, rubbing his head. "Ugh, the nurse is going to kill me for this," he groaned.

Leo looked around, taking a head count of everyone present. Agatha was missing, of course, and so were the Reuniclus and Steelix.

"Damn it." Leo said softly. He turned to the Zorua who had revived him. The Scope Lens was misreading him, but Leo was able to tell why.

"Weren't you a Meinshao earlier?" He said with a smirk. "Never mind," Leo's tone immediately became serious. "Listen, I've dealt with Agatha before. She often carries multiple reviver seeds, and she can use Perish Song." Leo got to his feet, and continued. "I need to get to her before the others knock her out, otherwise she could be restored to full health, including her voice. Which way did they go?"

Edited by sailing101

((Steelix are the eight heaviest Pokemon... not many would be able to lift half a ton O_o

And posting because sailing doesn't have to change Leo's part))

"I like to pretend to be things I'm not," Zagan answered with another smirk, before the Meowth turned serious and continued. Perish Song... That was a dangerous move. It could knock you out no matter how strong you were, unless you had an ability that negated sound-based attacks. He ch'd again, eyes narrowing, really hoping the Pichu was okay.

"She took a hostage and went that way," he said, pointing with a paw. "a Psychic Pokemon and a Steelix went after her, you can use the tunnel they dug," he quickly added, signaling the open hole a few feet away. "I'm going to stay with the mother. You going too?" he asked, looking at the Scolipede when inquiring, illusionary tail swaying a bit to the sides like his real one used to do. Zagan still didn't want to fight, even though his type was at an advantage against ghosts - the Psychic type and two Rescue Team members were already after her, and maybe the Scolipede too, so his involvement wasn't really necessary anyway.

"She...um...she's moving closer to the Pichu," Bree informed the Steelix. She wasn't sure what Agatha was trying to do. Didn't she say she'd let her hostage go? "I mean, down! She just floated down a bit. Still in the same place."

--

Atto sighed and looked at the tunnel. He didn't like enclosed spaces very much - he had enough accidents just running aboveground and he felt no pressing need to chip his other horn against the ceiling of a tunnel just yet. He faced the meowth. "Well, it's your choice. You're the one who knows her. What do you suggest we do, if we can't risk knocking her out?"

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

Haldor looked up, "Damn, that means its gonna be more risky, but if shes distracted and closer to the ground this is the best time". Haldor repositioned his tail and let out a sigh. "Get ready Bree, I'm going to stab upwards and then withdraw. If I've hit Agatha I'll need you to fly up and get the pichu away safely," Haldor said looking at Bree. "Get ready...

Haldor withdrew his Tail, and then struck upwards with blinding speed.

"We need to get those reviver seeds off her, or use them all up before she can use perish song." He turned to the Zorua. "I only know physical moves, and Agatha's physical defense is tough to crack. It will be hard for me to fight her alone, even with a type advantage. Can I count on you to help?"

Without waiting for a reply, Leo leapt into the tunnel, and vanished.

=================================================

Something hit Agatha from underground, knocking her into the air. Drat, I can't believe that rock-head followed me, She thought to herself. Agatha 's shadow shot out and grabbed the Pichu once more.

"All right, come out where I can see you right now!" she demanded. She tightened her grip on the young Pokémon, restricting his ability to breathe.

The Pichu cried out, sparks flying as he tried to shock Agatha. However, his weak electric attack only lightly stung Agatha, who shook him once in response.

"Know your place you runt!" she hissed.

Bree gasped out loud when Agatha grabbed the Pichu once more. She couldn't have somehow saved him - she was way too slow for that and the Steelix hadn't even bothered to ask her opinion before attacking. She shot him a look that was half anger and half worry. She leaned against the tunnel wall, away from the newly-created opening, and gestured for him to go out first. Presumably Agatha didn't know she was in here as well, and they could use that to their advantage - somehow.

--

Atto trotted to the edge of the tunnel and sighed into it. "Well, you said you weren't going," he said to the Zorua. "Guess he'll need all the help he can get, huh?" Grimacing, he ducked into the tunnel and crept down into it. "And do you have any idea how we might do that?" He called after the Meowth.

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

"Did you even listen to what I said?" Zagan barked at the Meowth, who had already disappeared within the tunnel. The Scolipede went after him, and at least he did seem to prove Zagan hadn't just been talking to the air. Oh well, the Normal-type probably had other things in mind and the Dark-type wasn't one to get angry by trivial things like that, so he would just forget about it.

"Weren't you a Meinshao earlier?"

...Wait. How did that Meowth even knew he had been pretending to be a Mienshao? The cat had been already knocked out when Agatha broke his first illusion. Did something tick him off? No, that couldn't have been. Zagan hadn't even talked to the feline before. Damn, thinking about stuff was Milo's specialty, not his. He bet the Volcarona would instantly know what had he done wrong.

He shook his head and went back to the Pikachu's side. He'd ask later, right now this was more important.

Haldor snarled, that definitely hadn't gone as planned. Then he felt tremors in his tunnel. Turning he saw that Mewoth who had feinted running towards them. A plan formed in his head, "Its good to see you up and about young sir, and I appreciate your coming to help." Haldor glanced from Bree to the Meowth. "With the two of you, I think I may have an idea," He said, slightly to himself.