TalonCat

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP

"Aah!" Red scampered out of the way of the attack, just barely making it. Luckily for her, the Thunder Wave had changed direction anyways.

But something wasn't right here. 'Leave me alone?' Had the Electrike been harassing the Hydreigon? But that was absurd... right?

No, the Hydreigon definitely looked like the victim here. Poor guy... Red crept up to him, ready to dash off if he attacked again.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm not here to hurt you! I'm sorry I thought you were attacking the Electrike..." Speaking of which, she glanced back at the other Pokemon. How was he doing?

Ah! Red jumped back as a Meowth landed in their midst, startling her, especially given that she was already on edge from the attack a moment ago. Oh man, and he was asking questions! Was he police or something? Was she in trouble?

"Oh! I. Uhm. I don't really know what's going on. I'm Red, and... oh you're talking to him okay."

Edited by reddan

Fenris' messy fur ate the blue electricity, fizzling slightly. If its owner noticed, he didn't show it; his face was still twisted with the taste of the word "Nightyena." A small crowd was gathering, heightening his prickling annoyance. The performance had failed! Why come to stare at the actors after they'd tripped on stage and broken Juliet?

The Meowth in front of him seemed rather confused, if his questions showed anything. He also seemed very nosy. Fenris decided that if the Meowth were to join the effort to find the Legendaries (which he doubtlessly would, the hopeless do-gooder), he would have some fun with him. Oh, that cat would beg him for the answers, ask what he was doing... And they would never come. They'd have a history yet. But for now, one answer would suffice. The disgruntled Electrike huffed,

"I'm 'the Nightyena', apparently. Show's over, go home."

Now that Zigzagoon was a choice target. 'What are you doing to that poor Electrike?' He would have laughed if he felt in a good enough mood. With that kind of predisposition to the acts of certain Pokemon, she would probably scream at the hint of a Gengar's tongue wrapping around her. Despite that, he decided against predating her. She was innocent enough, and would be too pitiful an audience (and he meant that in the best of ways). Fenris turned to trot over to her, then hesitated and threw an apology to the panicked Hydreigon,

"Sorry guy, Wolfy didn't plan to scare you that bad. Just meant to make you jump."

Shrugging his showmanship aside, Fenris felt the static in his fur calm.

That's enough for today.

He smiled, and shook his head at the kind little Zigzagoon in front of him.

"He ain't done anything; I snuck up behind him and did a little prank I like. Thankies for the concern though, miss."

------

Anareise the Move Tutor was not amused. She was not amused in the least. Even with her hurt leg (sprained in a training session a few days ago - those danged school kids), it was a short trip down her very low stairs to the door. The door creaked open quietly, like the rocking of a grandmother's rocking chair. A small yellow head peeked out, and a red shell of a body came limping after it. Anareise had no words for the other three Pokemon gathered outside her house; she whispered softly to the frightened Hydreigon.

"You may come inside, if you like. You don't have to. It's fine if you don't want to. But if you do, I have a quiet place for you to sit, and a few kinds of tea."

Her voice was like the whispers of leaves in the wind; gentle and comforting.

"They'll work out what happened. It doesn't matter now; you're okay, and my house is safe if you'd like to come in. Don't worry about the broken glass across the way, I'll talk to them. Now I'll go put the kettle on, and my door will be open, okay?"

After a leisurely crawl back up the stairs, the kettle began to sing. The Shuckle sighed softly and looked out the kitchen window into the Square. Pokemon were still grouped up, discussing this or that... And there was a rather conflicted looking Meowth. She seemed torn between anger and sadness and - Anareise had to admit - was handling it absolutely horribly. She washed an extra cup besides the two she'd had ready, and tended to the kettle.

Oh... it was just a prank? Red felt pretty silly now. Running up and playing the hero, and she'd gotten it all wrong.

"Oh, okay. Sorry about that."

Some first day this was. She glanced over at the Meowth; he sounded very official. Maybe he could point her in the general direction of a real rescue team or explorers guild, somewhere she could get proper training, and stop making a fool of herself.

((Sorry, I was out all day. Puppy-related business.))

Zagan didn't know what a Reuniclus was? Bree frowned. She wasn't that social back home either but she could still name a few Soloses she'd known when she was a kid. Still, since they were all teleported to that cave from wherever they had been before, Zagan could be from another planet for all she knew. "Bree. 'M a Reuniclus." She wasn't really sure what to do here - offer a handshake? That would be rather awkward considering the illusion and size difference. She settled for smiling uneasily and awkwardly avoiding eye contact.

--

Atto slowed as he neared the square. He was briefly confused upon seeing three Pichus, but then remembered that a Zorua was there. "Is everything here alright now?" He asked, relieved to see that they hadn't failed their quest, at least.

Alteria saw that the sycther was busy and instead decided to walk over to the rest of the chaos. "Hi! Since there seems to have been some chaos here, does anyone need an Oran berry? I have one more." She said. She might as well heal some Pokemon if she was here. She hadn't expected there to be so much chaos in a town that she just happened to fly over.

"Bree, huh? Nice to meet'cha," Zagan said, illusionary Pichu arms crossing behind his head while he smirked at her. Reuniclus? He hadn't heard of them before, but now that he thought about it, he might have seen floating gel bubbles somewhere, though he couldn't remember when. Many kinds of Pokemon passed through his village, and though he remembered most, he couldn't recall the ones he had only seen once or twice if they left quickly enough.

There was a howl then, coming from a different direction than the one Agatha had used to disappear. The male Meowth immediately sprung into action and Faint Attacked away, which Zagan thought was a pity - he had been meaning to ask how he knew about the Mienshao illusion. The duo didn't take long to become a trio again, though, as the Scolipede from earlier trotted towards them, using the above-ground route instead of the tunnel like Bree.

"Everything's peachy," he said, mentally snickering at how utterly tiny his Pichu illusion looked next to the giant Bug-type. "But seems like a problem's over and another one begins; say, wanna check out the howl from before?" he asked, looking at the two others excitedly, both him and his illusion in all fours, the latter jumping a bit and wagging its tail. He then remembered something and looked at the Scolipede with shinning eyes.

"But most importantly, can I ride you?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Requiem had been just pressing himself against the building, slightly shivering and breathing fast, while the place attracted a crowd and started to descend into chaos. He was still in the ground, with the Zigzagoon next to him, the Normal-type looking bigger than normal without the extra height flying provided. A Meowth (not the one he had been looking for) had arrived and the Electrike had stopped doing whatever he had been doing, but Requiem still wasn't taking his eyes off him. He could call it again.

A voice came from his lower right, its tone finally making him tear his gaze from the green Pokemon. It reminded him of a day way before he evolved for the first time, before his personality had separated into Requiem and Rhapsody; he had bitten a Skorupi and had gotten stung on the tongue, and his mother had used that same tone to comfort him and stop his wailing.

His breathing steadily normalized and he flapped his wings, flying again a few centimeters above the ground, petal-like extremities of his three collars drooping. An Altaria hopped towards the group, asking if anyone was hurt. "I... I'm fine. Thanks for asking," he said, tone barely above a whisper as he pressed his secondary heads against his body, tail slightly curved to the inside. Rhapsody was quiet again. "And thanks for bringing the light again," he told the Zigzagoon, half looking at her and half at the Electrike before following the Shuckle inside.

'Bringing the light again?' Well, Red didn't quite know what he had meant by that, but it sounded good. Maybe she had done something right!

She contemplated following the Hydreigon inside, but no, that would be rude, even she knew that! She hadn't been invited, so she let him go on his way while she stayed to sort out her next course of action. Talking to that Meowth would be a good start, perhaps?

Edited by reddan

Atto was a little wary about charging headfirst into another conflict, seeing as the last one ended in a disaster (a successful one, but a disaster nonetheless). But there was a fact about him that few would guess from his appearance: he absolutely loved giving rides to anyone small enough. Speed had always been his only impressive attribute and there were few better opportunities to show that off. "Yes," he replied, his eyes gleaming. He kneeled down on the ground next to the disguised Zorua and gestured at his back with his head. "Get on."

--

The Scolipede glanced at Bree questioningly, but she shook her head and tried to smile politely. He turned his eyes to Zagan again. Bree sighed and looked around. There was a group of explorers in the Square now, getting ready for some sort of expedition. She wondered if town squares in small towns were always this exciting. Having nothing better to do, she sat down on the ground at the edge of the crowd and watched the Beartic as he gestured dramatically.

"Awesome!" Zagan exclaimed, immediately jumping on. The real him had his hind paws on the Scolipede's back and his front ones on the second ring counting from the head, looking over the head; the illusion was showing a Pichu right between the massive horns, holding onto one of them. Zagan knew that the Bug-type could feel only the Pichu and not Zagan's real 80kg, and there was nothing he could do to stop the muscles from working the real amount of work it took, but he was hoping the Poison-type wouldn't notice. It wasn't as if Zagan was going to stay up the whole day (maybe).

"Cm'on, Bree, let's go!" he urged her, illusionary tail wagging a mile an hour.

If one were to describe Anareise's apartment in one word, it would be cozy. The walls were a light, Pecha-y color; the apartment itself had a similar smell. A small silk couch (small compared to the Hydreigon, but it would fit more than four Pokemon of Anareise's size) laid in the corner nearest to the window. The soft blue sky filled the room with a pleasant light. It was the essence of calm, even if half of the living room was the kitchen. The living room and kitchen were mainly separated by a dark, thin wooden table.

Two steaming porcelain cups were set down without a clank on this table. One cup had been engraved with an etching of Celebi. It was a light cream color on the outside, though the inside looked like it had been splattered with mahogany paint. The other showed a painted Minccino, curled into a ball; its grey fur faded into the soft white of the cloudy background behind it. Both cups had little strainers filled with the odds and ends of plants in them (more specifically, Pecha leaves, a stems of Aguav Berries, ground up powder of Magost, and the roots of a Petaya plant). The Shuckle hurried back to the stove to pick up her kettle, then carefully poured the boiling water down the kettle's long neck and into the cups. She set the kettle comfortably on top of a notably lighter circle on the table, then settled onto the couch.

"I'm not sure how strong you like yours, so just take the strainer off whenever you like."

Anareise smiled gently,

"This tea's a bit sweet, so you probably won't need any sugar with it. If you do, though, it's right on the counter."

After this, she remained quiet. The gentle breeze was dancing through the trees on the outskirts of town; above the low rumble of the crowds below, she could just barely make it out. There would be time for questions after tea, if her guest wanted them (she'd doubtless hear about the incident the next day if he didn't). The couch was warm and roomy, the tea would be fantastic, and the weather was the best it had been in days. If a child's birthday had been ruined by stray Shadow Balls, or someone had been kidnapped, or the Legendaries were being hunted by their own, it didn't particularly matter right that moment.

(( i accidentally the tea and the rooms and ))

The Reuniclus waved in Atto's direction but didn't spontaneously change her mind. "Alright!" Atto climbed to his feet and made a big show of rearing up on his hind legs before running full-tilt in the direction of the roar. He made a soft wooshing noise under his breath as he dodged around a Kirlia and charged out of the square into the quiet little streets of Laos.

After a while, Atto slowed to a walk and looked around, making sure to turn his head slowly so his passenger wouldn't fall. "Hmm. It doesn't seem there's another big fight going on, at least...what do you think that roar was?" He asked, looking up. "Oh! Also, what's your name, by the way? Don't think I caught it back there."

"AGH!" Red skittered away from the charging Scolipede. It didn't look like it meant to harm anyone, but it was pretty terrifying nonetheless. Oh dear, and now she was next to that Meowth she'd been planning to talk to.

"Uhm. Hi!" She looked up at him. "My name's Red." She gave him her best smile, hoping he wasn't actually as grouchy as he'd sounded earlier.

"Eh?" Atto looked down to see a fuzzy little brown Pokemon wearing a cap. He beamed, or at least came as close to beaming as it was physically possible for a giant centipede with a mouth filled with pointy parts, and kneeled down to come closer to her as well as let his passenger down. "Oh! Hello! Sorry about that. I didn't see you there." He smiled sheepishly. "We're just here to investigate that sound from earlier. Do you know anything about that, incidentally?" Really, Atto just had a huge soft spot for smaller Pokemon in general - and by his standards, that was probably half the entire world's population. "I'm Atto. Nice to meet you."

Oh, well, Red was trying to talk to the Meowth, but this Scolipede seemed nice. Awwww, and he had a Pichu on his head! That was adorable!!

"Hi! My name's Red! Yeah, it turns out it was just an Electrike playing a prank on this Hydreigon... really spooked the poor guy." She adjusted her cap and looked higher up at the Pichu between Atto's horns.

"And what's your name, little one?"

Oh, it was always nice to find a Pokemon she could call 'little one...' as much as it could grate on her nerves when someone called her that, she couldn't help but say it to smaller, cuter Pokemon. So she couldn't be too mad at everyone who called her that.

Leo relaxed visibly. "As long as you didn't mean any harm then," he said. "I'm Leo, by the way. Member and Co Founder of Team Shadow Tag."

Leo paused, waiting for Allen's usual chime in, before he remembered why that wouldn't happen at the moment.

Leo's face fell. "Given current events, of course, my partner could be on the other side of the continent for all I know," he explained.

Leo sat down. "I guess that today and yesterday have simply left me a little jumpier than usual, First That fiasco in the cave, and today Agatha, It's all worn me down to a bundle of nerves, you know? I just can't seem to do anything right without my partner."

Leo turned to Fenris, "Sorry for dropping in like that," he said. "I just don't like to stand by if it looks like someone's in danger, ya know?"

"That also reminds me," Leo added, perking up a bit, "That trick you pulled earlier, It was some sort of illusion, right? How'd you manage that if you're not a Zorua?"

The Scolipede from earlier came dashing in, with a 'Pichu' riding on his head.

"Oh, hey," Leo greeted, "Glad to see you're all right."

Edited by sailing101

Zagan let out an excited howl when the Scolipede reared, sticking out a paw out to make a final wave to Bree before his ride started galloping away. Zagan had agility, but in outright running speed it was clear the Scolipede was better, and he let out a bark of laughter with his eyes closed, feeling the wind on his face.

Atto introduced himself, and Zagan was about to answer when they almost run over something small and furry. The Bug-type stopped and kneeled to indicate the ride was over and Zagan jumped down, immediately rolling onto his back and letting out a whistle. "Please tell me we're doing that again," he said, sprawled out carelessly on the ground, not even caring about the shards of glass nearby. He wasn't close enough to the building with the broken windows for them to be a problem. The Zigzagoon they had nearly ran over approached him, and he snickered when she called him 'little one', but made sure the illusion voice still had that edge of child-like humor so they'd think it was because of the ride or, in Atto's case, because he was a young Zorua. "Name's Zagan!" he exclaimed, jumping so he was standing on all fours again, wagging his non-tail again at the raccoon, before quickly running in a small circle around her before sitting down right next to Atto, where he proceeded to wave at the Meowth with a grin.

Edited by Puredark006

Oh my goodness that Pichu was so cute. "Nice to meet you, Zagan!" Red slowly turned in a circle as she watched him dance around her before he sat down by Atto.

She couldn't help but wonder where the Pichu's parents were. She was fairly certain Scolipedes and Pikachus couldn't breed, so it was unlikely Atto was his father. Babysitter maybe? Hard to say, but it would be rude to ask, so she kept quiet and wondered to herself.

She suddenly realized that Atto, Zagan and the Meowth all seemed to be addressing each other rather informally. "Wait, do you all know each other?"

"Me and that Meowth were transported into a cave with some other Pokemon," Zagan explained, eyes closed and nodding seriously with his arms closed. Then he started jumping up and down in all fours again. "Then there was a fissure, and lava, and I got kinda lost and a Smeargle appeared just to take a nap and then we got out and I came here and found the others and a Ghost-type appeared and kidnapped someone and these guys went to the rescue and they came back and there was a howl and we came to investigate and we found you!" he said, so quickly it was barely understandable and sounding like he was on a sugar high. He took a huge breath after finishing, not having paused once in his explanation, the whole thing only taking six seconds to blurt out. "Anyway nice to meet'cha Red!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It smelt... like Pecha berries, or something like that. Requiem vaguely remembered something about Shuckles producing juice, but he wasn't sure it was true or myth. The kitchen was right there, so it could be that too. Somehow, the whole atmosphere was just calming; Requiem wasn't an indoor Pokemon, having lived in the wilderness all his life, so the general sensation that he was... was safe the word? Not quite, but something similar, at least.

He fidgeted a little with his secondary heads, the left one biting and smoothing the collar on the right one, not sure what to do while the owner of the house busied herself making tea. He opened his mouth to say something but then closed it, and ended up just swallowing a bit and looking out the window until he was addressed.

"I haven't had tea before...?" he said, last word making it sound like a question, looking at the corner. He didn't know what a 'strainer' was either, and wasn't sure if he should mention it. "...I like sweet," he tried, hoping that would help.

((Oh my gosh Zagan you huge cutie.))

Atto blinked. "That's the first I've heard of that, actually," he said to Zagan, having somehow caught the gist of what he was saying from the six-second explanation. "If it has something to do with that meeting in the town square earlier, I missed that. I was delivering mail." He should probably go report back soon. His boss was pretty used to him getting distracted by some side project or another by now, but he should still let him know that he got the job done. "Yeah, I don't know these guys as well, I guess! So, is everything here alright now?"

Oh my goodness that was adorable. Red giggled at his explanation.

"Well, that sounds very exciting!"

She looked up at the Scolipede and Meowth, giving them an 'oh kids are so silly' expression, but realized they actually seemed to be taking Zagan seriously.

Leo noticed the Zigzagoon's confusion. "Zagan's not actually a Pichu," He explained, "He likes to use his Illusion ability to change his appearance,"

Leo sighed, and Turned to the 'Pichu.' Zagan had gotten the easier side of things, having been part of the group left in the upper cave.

"That reminds me," Leo added, "What about everyone else that stayed above the Fissure? Did they make it out?"

"Illusion? What's that?" Zagan asked in a very realistic I-don't-know-what-you're-talking-about tone, tilting his head a bit to the right, left Pichu ear bending a bit over his head. He tapped his chin with one of his claws, Pichu illusion doing the same movement, as if he was trying his hardest to think of what the Meowth had been talking about - his policy was to keep up the act until the illusion itself was broken.

"About the others... Palkia's roar teleported them away," he said, remembering he had shared the same information with Bree back before the original Pichu had gotten kidnapped. He mentally snickered at how different he could say the same depending on what Pokemon he was masquerading as. "They just went 'poof!'" he exclaimed, opening his arms as wide as he could to accentuate that last word, making sure his real limbs didn't hit Atto. "One second there, the other not. Well, I got lost so I only saw one of them disappearing like that, but I think the others also went 'poof'. Poofed away. That's what I think," he finished, ears drooping a bit. Then they perked up and he jumped towards the Meowth, landing right in front of him, fake tail wagging again. "Hey hey, can I borrow that thing on your face? I promise I won't break it," he said, eyes all big and sparkly in a move he and his friends had called 'The Puppy Eyes of Impeding doom'.

Leo smirked, clearly Zagan didn't want to drop the act quite yet, However...

"Just a tip, Pichu's don't normally wag their tails, Zagan" Leo said.

Leo took off the Scope Lens. "It's actually very sturdy, it was made for use in battles after all," He explained, "This Scope Lens gives a readout of vitals and weak points for any Pokémon you look at through it."

Leo handed the Lens to Zagan. "It glitches out when looking at Illusions," He added, "That's how I was able to recognize you. It was trying to read a Pokémon that's not really there."

Well now Red was really confused. Was this really a Pichu, or a Zororark? Did they say 'Palkia?' Had they met a real live legendary? What cave, what Fissure?

"I.... don't think I quite follow what's going on."

She tilted her head in confusion, ears drooping out to the sides. This was all very strange.

The Electrike shook his head,

"Ain't no problem, m' pranks get a little out of hand sometimes."

Fenris smiled slyly at the Meowth. If he couldn't take pride in his last performance, at least he could take pride in this.

"Sorry - Leo, you said? That's a magician's secret. And so..."

The Electrike's eyes flashed white and appeared to glow. Fenris smirked and seemed to melt into the background.

"Is this one. Seeya 'round, cat - you too, girly."

It was a short walk to where his partner was chilling with that Dusknoir. They chatted quietly, sometimes chuckling at a dark joke. Fenris slid stealthily along the ground to where Pell had made himself comfortable, then let out a low hiss.

"I told the guy that I didn't want any dang Sitrus berries and he said - dammit Fenris, I could feel your cruel joy from a mile away."

The Electrike reappeared, frowning.

"Is Wolfy really that opaque?"

"Don't kill yourself over it."

The Kirlia giggled darkly, and a slight smile came across Cas' face. Pell waved off Fenris' slight concern,

"Nah, you're cool. Try it with someone who can't taste your predatory glee and they'll sh- er, surely enjoy it..."

The slightly younger Kirlia sighed,

"Man, you have to help me with the language..."

Fenris' ear twitched,

"Ain't no problem with it to anyone but you here."

"Yeah, but other company could find it distasteful, y'know?"

"'re just words, calm down."

The Electrike huffed, then added,

"Oh, and if those're the guys 'e mentioned, there ain't going to be a problem."

"Because I know just where you were -"

Pell paused,

"You mean the ones from the cave? Got it. Thanks. So like I was saying..."

--------------