BoomSALMON

Last Dragons

"Before the Arcarai get there. It'll be a massacre with their new weapons, I heard they even brought along a giant bug" Spike said.

The Arcarai had made it to the cave. Of course, the dragons thought the Arcarai where going to slaughter them. "Arcarai! Show these scaly snakes what our military is capable of!".

I landed at the Headquarters, and was almost instantly swarmed with the troops. "We have a new ally. Spike! Welcome the new dragon to our ranks! He saved my life after Ellis poisoned me... I'm in his debt!"

Drake enjoyed every cut.

Spike hit Arcarai after arcarai sending many flying.

Pete jumped off Flamesong's back into the arcarai. He stabbed one after the other. But they were s many.

Ellis delivered the killing blow to a red dragon. "Spike! You traitor! You'll die just like your family did!". Ellis ran up the tail of Spike.

I lunged forwards, tackling Ellis, and throwing his weapon to Pete. "Spike is no traitor. He has just returned to where he truly belongs!" I grabbed Ellis by his throat, and held him into the air, watching him struggle for breath. Soon, though, I felt that this would be nothing better than what he has done, so I threw him at the wall of the cave. I walked to him, towering over the general. "Withdraw your troops. NOW."

"Too think I would! Your kind will die!". He drew the knife and stabbed as hard as possible at the neck.

Pete picked the axe up when an Arcarai slammed into him, knocking the axe in another direction. Stabbing this one, up climbing the cavern wall, was a humongous arachnid.

Spike then flew towards the Arachnid and started to battle with it.

Seth jumped out, and knocked the knife out of Eliss's grasp. "Miss me? So did I!"

I jumped back. "Seth! Don't strain yourself!" I quickly snatched Ellis into the air, holding him with my claws, making it so he couldn't escape. I flew into the air. "Withdraw. Your. Troops. They can all see you."

"Retreating is the worst thing to an Arcarai. Arcarai never retreat and never will. Killing me will not do nothing, as I'm not the only General commanding this army. Watch your kind die before your eyes reptile!". In the face of death, Ellis was ready.

The battle wasn't going well. Apparently, these arcarai weapons where seriously deadly.

The arachnid was a force to be reckoned with. It would take two to take this down. But Spike got the lower hand and the arachnid knocked him down and started to spray weird gasses from it maw. "Gas spiders" some people called them, but this one was big and deadly. It would distort vision for 30 min.

Ellis cackled at spike. "Ha, even that can beat a traitor like you!"

I growled, and threw Ellis at the Gas spider. "He's no traitor! You're the traitor! To your own kind!" I started to shoot flaming jets at the arcarai.

Seth jumped towards Spike. "You okay?"

"argh, hardly can see" Spike said.

Ellis jumped and started to angrily strike at the human trying to help spike. "Die you little rodent!".

Pete just killed another Arcarai, when seth was in trouble. Pete ran towards the fighting two.

Seth sidestepped, and flipped Ellis over. "Just stay down..."

I put my paw on Eliss's chest, preventing him from escaping.

Just as Pete got to the battle an arrow pierced his chest. A familiar Arcarai stood there. Lieutenant. "Fools, you all forgot me, left me there 8 bolts in me. One thing kept me alive. Wanting revenge on all of you. Ellis, you didn't get my body, bury me. And this is just the start." Lieutenant shot 3 arrows at once at the dragon. "I should have never spared you". Pete clutched his chest and fell.

Ellis didn't know what to do. Lieutenant was hardly angered, but when he was, someone always dies. It was him who had killed the dragon's mother.

(Okay, thanks!)

I gasped in pain, but focused on Pete. My awareness was dimming, however.

Seth drew his two swords, and walked towards Lieutenant. He circled around him, stopping at the 180 degree mark. "Why don't you fight me, sword to sword? Or are you just going to hide behind your bow?"

Ellis ran out from behind the dragon and started yet again to attack to attack the human boy. Lieutenant ran up and grabbed at the boy to throw him.

(Listen to this music while reading)

Though dying, Pete kept on killing the oncoming arcarai. They swarmed and an arrow pierced his shin, though he never gave up. He killed three others and threw another one over his shoulder. Someone stabbed him in the shoulder with a lance but he pulled it out and threw it killing yet another arcarai. Three others tried to pick him up but he slashed the all. He pushed another into the oncoming ones. But soon the final arrow pierced his head. Pete went blank in the eyes. His final words where "Flamesong, I'll never forget you, and I hope you never forget me.". He lay down, and died.

I hurled myself at Pete, though I knew it was too late. I wrapped my wings around the young man, holding still. My eyes were closed, trying to remember what we've been through. Suddenly, they snapped open, and I was given a rush of adrenaline. It seemed as though I had turned into a phoenix. Fire was everywhere. I sent jet after jet of flames, at tenfold the heat I'd normally use. (Next part may be a bit... gory.)

Drake was ready to assist Lieutenant, and he saw his chance. He tried to run up to attack me, but I saw him too early. He screamed in pain.

I lunged at Drake, and snapped my jaws around his waist, biting as deep as I could, enjoying the taste of flesh and blood. I shook him in my mouth before throwing him onto the ground. His body was torn open and bleeding badly. I swung my head down, and grabbed his neck. I lifted him into the air slowly, and started to choke him for a while. When I got bored, I snapped my jaws shut, ending him. I threw the body at Ellis, and turned around. "If you wanted a fight, you sure as hell have one!" I charged at Lieutenant, ready to kill him or Ellis.

Seth barely had enough time to leap back. When he looked at Drake's body, he couldn't hold in stomach waste. As he emptied it onto the ground, he jumped back, not wanting to get in the way of the dragon. He made his way to Spike. "We can't let him get away with this! That Lieutenant killed Pete!"

Edited by EchotheWolf

"If its a fight you want you can have it!" Lieutenant yelled unleashing his true power. A cyclone sped ahead. "Shoot Lieutenant! Run you fool you'll destroy everything!" Ellis said running for it. The arcarai truly ran in fear.

Spike followed the noises but not before getting hurled out the cave by the huge cyclone.

Seth latched onto Spike. "I've got you! I won't let go!"

I was unmoved by the cyclone. I set Pete on the ground, making sure he wouldn't get filthy. I launched myself into the air, truly looking like a phoenix. I charged at him once more, my teeth bared, and ready to feel his flesh being ripped away from his body. "I'll kill you!!!"

"If I can't kill you myself, then you'll be destroyed with everything here" but he was interrupted when Ellis carried him out of the cave as the cyclone rampaged. "Fool you are going to die!". Dragon after dragon exited. "Don't worry, nothing will live, the tornado will turn into a flood." Lieutenant said.

The tornado started to transfer into rising water. "Save yourself seth!" Spike yelled.

Seth remembered how Pete rode Flamesong. (Yeah, when I'm using another character, I won't refer to my main as First Person POV) With a quick roll, he got into position. "No! I'm not leaving you behind!" He pulled up, ready to feel the sensation of riding a dragon.

I saw Ellis start to carry Lieutenant away. "Oh no you don't!" I jumped at Ellis, knocking him down. "This is a battle between me and that monster! Don't interfere!" I applied pressure, and leaped off. "Now, you beast, where were we?"

"Ellis, I hate this fool and I wish i did what you told me." Lieutenant said throwing some venom in the rising water and making a tidal wave. Ellis didn't want to leave his best friend, but Lieutenant's life had been ruined by dragons. He flew off, hoping for the best.

Spike took off away from the sound of rushing water. His vision returned. "I hope flamesong will be okay" he said flying to a cliff over looking the cave.

I felt the toxic water around me, but didn't care. I swept Pete up onto my back, securing him so he wouldn't be washed away. "You've ruined my life far too many times... I know that it was you who killed my parents. Now, I plan to make you pay. So, tell me, how would you like to die?"

Seth shook his head. "He must be pretty grief stricken... Him and Pete had a very close bond. Hey... Ellis is trying to fly away! Do you want to go after him?!"

Edited by EchotheWolf

"Your kind did the same to me scum!" He yelled throwing a bunch of ice shards. Ellis hid in the bushes behind the two. "Looking for me, fools? I've got a bone to pick with you traitor. And you, I almost killed that dragon for the 3rd time!" he jumped on toward seth and swung his axe in mid air.

Seth flung a sword into the air and grabbed it, barely blocking Ellis's axe. "I'm telling you, you're the only traitor! And you could never kill Flamesong!"