BoomSALMON

Last Dragons

"Then I'll just kill you!" Ellis said grabbing at the boy to throw him off this cliff. Spike didn't know what to do.

Lieutenant threw something hard at the dragon to at least knock it out. The gas spider crawled out through the ceiling and went to the unknown.

I leaped up, dodging the heavy object. I noticed a weakness in the ceiling. If I could just...

Seth barely caught himself by grabbing onto Spike's paw. He threw himself back up, and noticed that he dropped a sword. He kneed Ellis's axe arm, trying to disarm him. "Spike, fly fast!" (Seth's battle is taking place on a flying dragon. Epic.)

Spike flew, trying to not knock off Seth.

Ellis stuttered and in an effort the axe like a hatchet at the boy. "Your friend there is about to become fried and frozen and arcarai will feast for centuries.".

Lieutenant fled out the entrance, as the water was almost to the cave entrance. Landing on the roof the gas spider was there. "Stop that fool at all costs" he said flying towards the clouds.

I looked around, seeing that he had fled. "So then that means I win! I noticed the water was about to flood the cave. "Holy censorkip.gif ...." I started to fly up, and bash my shoulder against the roof, knowing that it would cave in, allowing my escape.

Seth ducked and raised his sword into the air, barely keeping his head. When he blocked the axe, the bigger weapon deflected the sword, letting it fall to the ground. " censorkip.gif ! He threw his hand out, and caught the axe. He made a decision. Gah.... if I can get Spike to fly to the cave, we'd be able to save Flamesong! But... what's this tugging I feel in my mind? He didn't know it, but he was thought communicating with Spike, like how Flamesong talked with Pete.

Ellis ran and punched at the boy. "Too bad your master fell dead, pity it wasn't by my hand!".

Lieutenant knew that the water would kill fast. Slowly he flew away, toward the coastal town controlled by Arcarai. "Get going you foolish spider, if that dragon makes it up here, kill him." Then he flew into the distance.

I broke through, barely escaping the toxic water. I looked around, and saw three immediate goals. First, killing the spider. Second, getting to Spike and Seth to help kill Ellis. Last, go after Lieutenant. I had to decide quickly. The spider was coming faster, Seth was in danger, and Lieutenant was getting away. Growling, I shot open my wings, and flew towards Spike, sending the spider flying. I landed, and put Pete on Spike's back. Seth jumped onto me, and I launched into the air. Spike, follow me as closely as possible! I'm trusting Seth to pilot us out of here! The hurricane was coming back, very fast.

Seth held up his hand. Before we go... He dropped something onto the ground, and looked back up. Let's get going!

Spike took off, following orders. "I know something, something that could bring Pete back. But it could have consequences."

Ellis jumped off and flew towards where he thought Lieutenant would go, his home town by the coast. It would be the next point to defend, and now surely the last of the remaining dragons would surely join the humans, but they had giant bugs on their side.

I looked to the side. "Are you serious, Spike?! What are the consequences?! I need to revive Pete, no matter what!"

"You'll have to gather many ingredients, or sacrifice someone. You could sacrifice me." Spike replied. He barely knew Pete, but Pete must have been a war hero.

Ellis met up with Lieutenant. "Great job back there, killing a major and facing a dragon, probably killing it too." Ellis patted Lieutenant's back. "I hate dragons, what they did to everyone I lived with, burned the village, ate the rest of the arcarai. I killed my first dragon that day." Lieutenant said.

I shook my head. "I won't sacrifice you, Spike, nor you, Seth... But I have somebody in mind, somebody that owes me big time."

"Who? Ellis, Lieutenant? Those are the two people I hate the most. Ellis sliced down my real brother and Lieutenant stabbed my father's eye killing him. My mother flew away when the wild arcarai called Feral killed her and I was "rescued" by Ellis. I only didn't kill him there because I was a hatchling and that feral arcarai would have eaten me.". Spike asked.

"Lieutenant, you must rest. You did a huge thing today, you'll need rest." they said when they finally reached the coastal ship trade town of Voltur. They knew for sure humans would attack this town as it was in close proximity to Rampert.

Edited by BoomSALMON

I shook my head again. "None of those... Nobody knows who it is..."

"We got to find whoever it is" Spike said.

"Soldiers, what are you doing?" Ellis said as 3 high ranking arcarai came up the stairs. Generals, like Ellis. "We're here to award Lieutenant Sparz the bravery award, for escaping with 8 bolts in his body and for killing a major general and for killing over 30 dragons." Ellis got this medal before, in Rampert after killing 3 dozen soldiers in the camp and crawling away unnoticed. "He's sleeping in there"

I nodded. "And we will... The scum... I saved his life, and a whole lot of others, but he betrayed me. I think this will do just fine!"

"Lets go find him" Spike replied, stretching his wings.

Lieutenant smiled and took the awards. Ellis patted him on the back. "You are a true arcarai. Bloodthirsty monsters who prey on the larger beasts in packs. Feral arcarai are much more but you acted like one, like me.".

I nodded. "Trust me, we'll find him." I started to dive towards a settlement. It seemed peaceful... But it may not be for long.

Seth sighed. "Here we go again."

Spike followed flamesong off toward the village.

Ellis oblivious to the fact that humans where invading Voltur walked outside. "Lieutenant, the seaport town is being invaded, from sea and land. These troops are being commanded and I'm going to help!".

(Sorry about that.)

I started to go towards a cottage. "Open up, dumb censorkip.gif . You're coming with me, Herv." A man walked out, and gasped. I picked him up, and held him in the air. "Payback time. You're coming with me. Spike, what's next?"

"Well, you sacrifice the victim, and you wash the victim's blood over the dead." Spike replied. He stood watching.

"I've had enough of you wingless fools!" Ellis yelled shooting arrows from a thorny bow.

I smiled at Harv evily. I quickly lunged at his neck, and cut it open. I threw the body down, and set Pete gently beside it.

Like being awoke from a dream, Pete rose. "Huh? What is happening?" he said gently.

I threw the body over a cliff. I wrapped my paw around Pete in the form of a hug. "You died. I had to kill somebody to revive you."