BoomSALMON

Last Dragons

(le shrug.)

Shade smiled. "My own kind? As far as I'm concerned, I have no kind. Except for Arcarai."

"Great. These humans... have been pestering Voltur with their stupid raiding parties by using horses and shooting at us and then they ride off. Distraction until their petty reinforcements come. We could use a dragon. But I'll be watching you" Ellis said trudging off with two advisers. "Ellis has a troubled past. Many years ago, he was in the streets of a town living in a big human city scaring people to eat their food. They just cut him multiple times and he vowed revenge. He trusts hardly anyone, and since his half brother betrayed him, he will have trouble trusting you." Lieutenant explained.

"Human Reinforcements! But they're too late! Wait... those are not Grand human army soldiers, those are the dark rebels who attack everything!" Pete said as an army of the rebels seemed to take control of the camp.

Shade sighed, accidentally letting out a small ember. He snuffed it back quickly. "He seems to like power. And I have power. It's good to have somebody to trust. I take it... You're the second-in-command?"

I narrowed my eyes, and started sending plumes of fire out at the rebels.

"I guess, when I fought in the rank tournaments I normally placed 16th but Ellis was good enough to be General by placing 3rd." Lieutenant replied.

"Should we flee? Should we retake the camp?" Pete said.

(here maybe this might help.)

Some reinforcements from Rampart came marching. There were about 250, just enough to handle the rebels. "I think we have enough to fight!" Pete said drawing his sword.

Seth nodded. "Here we go!" He pulled out a bow, and prepared to use it against the enemy.

I lunged forwards, and ate a few Arcarai that got too close. I let out a burp, which turned into a huge wall of fire.

These arcarai were unorganized and not well trained. These were easier to kill than those led by Ellis. They fought a hopeless battle. Pete sliced those coming from skies.

Spike crushed many between his feet. He ate 3 in one bite.

There were two more remaining. I lunged forwards, grabbing them both in my mouth. I took them to Pete, and spat one out. "Tell us all you know. Or this will happen to you." I crunched on the Arcarai in my mouth, trying not to retch as his blood flooded my mouth. I didn't like it, but I had to get my point across.

The arcarai panicked. "I don't know!!! All I know is that humans have tried to invade Voltur and some weird chanter released a dark dragon!!!" Pete glared at him.

I opened my mouth wide, letting the Sun's light reflect off of my teeth. "Are you sure that's all you know? Well, I guess if it is, it can't be helped... I'm feeling quite hungry though."

Pete started to laugh. "Show them cruelty like Ellis shows us!". The arcarai frantically tried to wiggle free.

I nodded at Pete. Normally, I wasn't so violent, but this time, it would be an exception. I took the arcarai in my mouth, and threw him into the air. I jumped, and ripped off one of his legs. I started stabbing him with my claws, enabling a very slow, but incredibly painful death.

Pete enjoyed it all, but quickly stopped, fearing becoming mad with blood. He threw the sword to kill the arcarai.

One survivor of the battle had told Ellis everything. "They just don't know who they have dealt with. That was a weak raiding party. This time, we'll find the final dragons, and exterminate them." Ellis told the soldiers. "We've got a shadow dragon, they'l cry at our feet.".

I looked up. "Didn't you want him to suffer?"

Shade nodded. "This will be easy!"

"Too much blood, you'll go crazy like Lieutenant or Ellis. You'll kill everything you meet." Pete replied.

"Our spies have said that the last dragons have been crammed into Trent. When we're done with it, it'll burn." Ellis said.

I nodded. "That makes sense, and is honorable... What shall we do now? We hardly got any information from him..."

Shade stretched, ready to fly.

All the arcarai slipped on armor and readied. Ellis smiled cruelly, knowing his ax would taste blood. "Lets burn trent!" Ellis said taking flight with everyone else.

Pete nodded. "Knowing arcarai, they'll try to kill dragons... in Trent! They'll probably burn the town down to! And I fear they have an unknown weapon with them."

I shrugged. "Secret weapon or not, a town is in danger. We're going to save them, no matter how much danger there is." I spread my wings, flapping them out, a substitute to a human cracking his knuckles. I was ready to fly, and I was prepared to face the threat.

Pete got his sword, then he climbed on. "Okay then, let's fly." he said as Spike did the same. "Ready?" he asked Seth.

Seth looked up, recovering from a daze. "Oh-uh-yeah!" He jumped onto Spike. "I'm ready..."

Spike took off to the skies.

Ellis and Lieutenant had been flying. Lieutenant flew over to Shade. "Do you remember anything from your past?"

Shade thought a minute before replying, "The only thing I can really remember is a dragon burning my family... I... After that, I felt a falling sensation, and I hit the ground. I crawled... into a...cave. Suddenly the... the roof...it caved in on me... and I lost consciousness. All of that happened when I was a mere hatchling... The next thing I remember was being awoken.