StormWizard212

Trick or Treat -- Halloween Secret Santa!

I was visited by Halloween Santa last night and a lovely Golden Wyvern egg was left for me! wub.gif

My giftee has already received 2 eggs so I'll wait a little while before getting a couple more to gift (Yes, that's right my giftee, you will need to keep two places available once the eggs already on your scroll hatch! wink.gif )

Edited by WWECornSerpent

I received a CB Red from my Halloween Secret Santa biggrin.gif

Thank you Santa I love it

yesterday and today I gifted my giftee biggrin.gif

my metallic`s don`t want to breed because of that I could only gift 3 of 5 sad.gif

Have cleaned the topic so updates are on the first page.

Received a pretty little pink egg from my gifter and waiting on my giftee to accepted the first part of their gift biggrin.gif

thankies to my colorful gifter for my new UV eggie and i was lucky enough to catch the top thing on my giftees wishlist...i hope their pleasantly surprised heee

Sent out the gift to giftee nr two smile.gif Hope they like what I picked for them *^-^*

My giftee is tnoelemaK. smile.gif

The Great Pumpkin has already dropped 2 pumpkins eggs out of the sky for them, a 3GE Stripe x Yulebuck Checker and a 3GE PB Red. I was going to influence and hatch them out for them, as they were egg locked but it appears they picked them up at some point. unsure.gif

I'm not done with her by far though. The Great Pumpkin will be heading her way again, very soon. Muhahahahaha!

Also, my gifter was Mira15 and I received a stinky but adorable Cheese egg. smile.gif Thank you very much!!

thank you Z for cleaning.

It's great to see, how many people are already having that much fun.

some random facts:

of the 45 silver players, 40 have picked up their gift information already.

of the 8 platinum players, only 1 has not read his PM.

Sent a 4th gen Gold hatchling off to my giftee last night. They accepted with a simple thanks.

Got a wonderful CB White Egg from my gracious gifter! It was well received and is already quite loved.

I've got two of my eggs ready for my giftee already, but I want to be able to fulfill as many of their requests as possible. I need a White that has a cool lineage, preferably EG. I mainly specialize in CBs and PBs, so my only White that had a special lineage failed to produce an egg. sad.gif

I also need a PB and EG BBW. The one pair I have did not produce an egg either.

Thanks for the help! I would be very willing to repay you with an egg of your choosing!

check your pms BirdSpirit

I need help finding a CB ICE

and 2nd PB Alts either black or vine

I would be willing to breed for them.

Edited by QAndais

I want to participate!

Forum name: Vulcanus282

Scroll name: Vulcanus282

Wishlist:

1. Non-Tinsel Non-Inbred Gold/Silver

2.Non-Inbred Silver Tinsel

3. 2nd Gen Male Sunrise

4. CB Swallowtail

5. CB Pink

Halloween dates back to the Celtic farming festival Samhain. As the crops died at the end of the harvest season, farmers believed there was a day when dragon spirits could rise from their graves. During Samhain, people would dress in disguise to fool and ward off those dragon spirits, and hope that their land would survive through the winter. In the eighth century, Christians sought to transform the pagan holiday. Pope Gregory III declared Nov. 1 to be the feast of All Saints’ Day. The night before became known as All Hollow’s Eve.

All Hollow's Eve sounds so much more creepier than Halloween. Or maybe it's because I just hear the word Halloween too much, and all I can think of is candy, dressing up, and dragon eggs. It's funny that now days, we look upon Halloween as a time to have fun. People back then probably dreaded it. I for one, find spirits quite fascinating. Shadow Walkers for example, have an ethereal beauty about them. Or so they say. I've never actually seen one. I hear they are more likely to appear during Halloween. Perhaps this year, I'll get lucky.

I finished the last decoration on the eggs and surveyed the scene with satisfaction. The White egg I had drawn gold colored swirls on, and then proceeded to sprinkle with some glistening powder. To be honest, it looked a bit like a Shadow Walker egg. What can I say? I'm a fan.

Kafziel was nice enough to help me out with the Red. Ok well, I had to bribe her with some extra meat (a lot actually), but it was worth it. Adorned on it was now glowing yellow eyes that seemed to follow you wherever you went. The devil tail I tacked on waved back and forth as well.

The BBW was a bit harder. The egg was covered with black spots, so drawing additional designs on it would simply not work. I had decided to cover the egg with black skulls instead. Overall, it blended quite well, if I do say so myself. I will have to provide QAndais with a little gift at a later point for helping me get this and the white egg.

Lastly, was the Black. I didn't do much with it. It glows green, which is creepy enough. All it had was a scary looking face.

My artful work done, I set off towards simkim's home, calling (aka bribing) Azure Hell to assist me. Upon reaching it, I looked around to be careful no one would see me. I set the eggs down by the doorstep, one by one, until the spooky projects were all arranged so that faces and designs were in full view. I knocked loudly on the door and dashed away.

Happy Halloween simkim!

Edited by BirdSpirit

Oh BirdSpirit! That was highly enjoyable. Thank you. That is one of the things I love about these gift exchanges. All the wonderful stories!

Oh, thank you, BirdSpirit!!! AWESOME PM! And Awesome Eggs!!!

*loves her "all hollow's eve" eggs!

You're welcome guys! It was super fun.

Now, please excuse me for a moment. Kafziel is breathing down my back because I wrote her as a male dragon. Guess I should have checked first......

Goldrose picked up her ghostly gift [a purdy Thunder Hatchling] smile.gif

Now let's see whether I find more items to make my giftees smile ^.~

Goldrose picked up her ghostly gift [a purdy Thunder Hatchling] smile.gif

Now let's see whether I find more items to make my giftees smile ^.~

Thank you, Belisar. Much appreciated and loved already. Hoping for a she but if not I shall attempt a checker pattern.

I also love my special lineaged pink and terrae from the awesome Simkim. They are super - fab.

I know that Lost Girl squealed with delight to receive her paper hatchie. I have another surprise for her soon. tongue.gif

What a great bunch of folks!!?

Edited by GoldRose

Have sent out 1 egg to my giftee so far but they haven't read PM in 26hrs so hoping they come online soon so I can try to get some of their other wishes done xd.png

Have sent a 2G Tan Ridgewing and a 2G Nebula to Remy400 - both accepted biggrin.gif and my trios breed tonight.... smile.gif

Received my gift from JaneMcAsh - thank you so much, that egg is a beaty.

Sent first part of my gift to my giftee, I really hope she comes online soon.

next round of questions:

My recipient does not read my PMs! What should I do?

As with any event, there probably are some people, who go inactive - just like that. Stuff happens in real life, and its most likely a lot more important than some online-pixels.

We will most likely re-pair those with inactive recipients in the week(s) to come. If your egg matures in that timeframe, or the next recipient wants something entirely different... Sorry. Can't do much about that.

My dragons didn't breed and so I have no gift!

First of all: relax. There's still 2 weeks of breedings left in your dragons. Also, 2 weeks can give you lots of other options: Gifting Threads, Trading some nice things you did breed for wishlist-wishes, or haunting the biomes and the AP.

I can't catch XXX, I never even caught that for myself.

CB Uncommons seem to be hard to catch for many Silver+Bronze Players. Especially those highly sought after, like Blusangs, Nebulas, Vines or BSA Red/Pink. There are some ways around that: catch Caveblockers of one species, hatch them, and find someone who hoards them. They are usually very willing to trade even Rares for Lots of them.

And don't worry: Noone will be left out. If you still have found and bred nothing suitable when the event ends, that's where the volunteers come in. If, in 1-2 weeks time, you feel you have done and tried enough, and you still were unable to come up with a suitable gift: Contact us again. We might either help you finding the right volunteer to help you out, or give some pointers where to get the more exotic wishes. There's so many people who like to show off their lineages, and giving away eggs for free is part of what they do to get recognized/remembered. (E.g. Can anyone not know Ashera? smile.gif)

Edited by whitebaron