fainewebbe

Why Do You Abandon Eggs or Hatchlings?

Why Do You Abandon Eggs or Hatchlings?  

400 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Usually because of misclicks. But I also abandon some of my bred eggs just to see where they end up.

reason -

- to have room for cb metals

- bred the wrong dragons

- misclicks

- to have room on my scroll (don't like locked ones)

-I don't like a linage.

-I'm looking for that kind of dragon, but I'm looking for CBs. If I pick up a non CB in the AP I'm gonna abandon it.

-Need room for a new dragon release.

-Dropping Tinsel Babies into the AP.

-I might drop some of my bred babies into the AP if I think people might like their linages.

I usually abandon for a variety of reasons:

1. My dragons bred the wrong egg.

2. My hatchie gendered wrong.

3. I need room on my scroll.

4. I want to get rid of mis-clicks.

Almost always because of space. I'll keep stuff until I feel like I don't have a reason to. Usually "just because".

If I want to breed or catch more I would naturally have to drop stuff.

I currently abandon eggs that aren't CB. Mostly because I'm planning to make a lineage of Dorsals.

Tinsel/shimmer fails I personally hate calling them 'kins'), misclicks, needing different bred eggs, and sometimes I'll temporarily pick up caveblockers in hopes of moving the biome along faster.

Several reasons.

I wanted a Shiny and didn't get

I wanted the other breed

The hatchie had the wrong bits

An AP egg I grabbed had a messy lineage

There's a new release and I'm egglocked with nothing special

Mis-clicked in the Cave and had to wait the five hours

1. I hunt a lot in the AP sometimes, and I enjoy picking up eggs and checking their lineages.

2. Misclicks in the biomes.

3. if I breed something and it is an undesired result. Like if I breed a Magi and a Water Dragon. I have been trying for a Shallow Water Dragon.

4. Once I get more established, I plan to drop a few goodies into the AP for players to find.

Dropping misclicks and misbreeds, mostly, although I'll probably just drop any rares I breed into the AP eventually. Also, when new releases are coming up I drop eggs to make room if I don't have any.

I don't abandon eggs, unless they auto-abandon or it's a multi-clutch. I abandon hatchies regularly because I only keep a certain number of dragons of a single breed on my scroll, and extras are abandoned for someone else to love or released if they grow up too soon. Abandoning the dragons hatchies, especially caveblockers I often pick up to relieve the AP, guaranties them to be picked up, (and not left to die.) I also release hatchies if they don't gender right.

I usually abandon either when I don't get the dragon I'm trying to breed or accidentally pick up a White in the AP, thinking it's a Silver. Those are the only times I abandon.

Edited by FlyingDragona

I clicked 'other' because 'all of the above' wasn't an option. Sometimes I dump misclicks or because I need to free up a slot. Sometimes I'm gifting nice metals or BSAs to the AP. Sometimes I'm deliberately flooding the AP with something, usually nebulas. I've abandoned eggs and sometimes hatchies for all of those reasons and more.

I abandon:

-Misclicks (doesn't happen too often)

-If I breed for a lineage and get the wrong egg

-If I need space (I try not to let this happen, I'm rarely 100% locked)

-If I'm trying for an alt, and it genders regular

-If I'm feeling generous I'll breed BSA's or nice lineages and drop them