fainewebbe

Why Do You Abandon Eggs or Hatchlings?

Why Do You Abandon Eggs or Hatchlings?  

400 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

First of all, I never abandon common eggs. It doesn't matter if they're horribly messy and inbred. I won't abandon them! I either gift the egg or just keep it. But I will sometimes abandon rares just to be nice.

Mostly I hatch commons to abandon them as hatchlings, to free up the AP or biomes a bit^^ The same goes for commons I get when breeding with rares, I hatch them before I abandon them.

It does happen that I abandon hatchlings because they gendered incorrectly, but not very often.

Recently I started trying to breed my rares to drop them as gifts, but I'm not very succesful with that xd.png

I very rarely abandon eggs, for any reason. I think in the time I've played I have abandoned one egg,(a messy white) and it got a good home anyway. My policy is to never abandon true commons that may be picked up for NE experiments or simply forgotten about.

I care about my pixels.

Edited by Darkhole54321

Most of the time my abandoned eggs are from pretty lineages, and people love finding those. :'3

However, I do abandon misclicks, and eggs I randomly pick up from the Cave. I also abandon if the breeding result wasn't what I wanted (white instead of gold, etc.)

Normally if I abandon an egg or hatchling it mis-gendered or it's a less common breed and/or has a nice lineage that someone like might like to just find. That is is my friends haven't called dibs on it first.

I just take a rare egg in the form, hatch it breed it then abandon the egg that the rare breed and I'm like: Here you my minions fight over this wonderful creation.*laughs evilly*

-gpx spam removed-

Edited by rubyshoes

I abandon eggs because I dislike their lineage, but not always. :3

I abandon for several reasons. Misclicks, hatched normal instead of alt, new release, don't like the lineage...

I also never abandon hatchlings -- I love the freeze feature. :3 <3

I actually abandon for several reasons. The most common by far is that I've bred something that I know people will want--a 2nd-gen even from a new breed, a tinsel with a long but nice lineage, a red or a silver. Things that I could trade for, but since I have 11 pages of dragons, there's nothing in the same trade value range that I really want, so I'd rather just release them and let somebody get lucky.

When there's a new breed release, I will usually abandon eggs to make room for the new ones, if I'm egglocked. There've been a few times I've abandoned one or two eggs to make room for gifts or trades, though that's really rare. I have very occasionally abandoned "misclicks," though since I've always got an Influence up from my Red Army and I have seven egg slots, I usually raise the eggs to hatchies before abandoning them since I know that hatchies are always more desirable than eggs, even if they're unpopular breeds or have messy lineages. I haven't abandoned a hatchie for gendering wrong since the Rose BSA went live; I've never (yet--FINGERS CROSSED) had Influence fail.

Very recently, I've joined the "Save the Rares" effort, which means looking specifically for inbred and messy-lineaged dragons on the AP. When I'm "shopping" for StR fodder, I'll grab an egg off the AP and check its lineage. If it's CB or has a short or reasonably nice lineage, I immediately abandon it again and grab another.

I have about five or six breeding pairs that I breed every week and immediately dump any eggs they give me just to add something nice to the AP. I don't catch anything unless there's a new release or I suddenly come up with a description that won't fit the dragons I have so I don't make my description backlog any bigger than it already is.

I abandon nice lineaged/rare eggs so others can enjoy them. happy.gif One thing I hate seeing is my AP children remaining unnamed. I also saw someone killed one of my GW eggs I threw into the AP. ;-;

Edited by SilverX7Studios

Eggs I usually abandon because I'm almost always egglocked.

Hatchlings I abandon because they usually gender wrong. I try and influence eggs but I only have 2 pinks.

I love dropping eggs to see what people will name them when they're all grown! smile.gif

My method of cave hunting requires me to pick up a lot of cave blockers.

...And I'm not going to raise them.

I try not to abandon eggs I breed, except for two times; one was an accident, and the other was to make room for a tinsel gift. I don't abandon eggs I accidentally click from the cave, but I do abandon accidentally clicked eggs from the AP. wink.gif

As I've frequently caught some exceptional eggs in the AP, I like to give back what I get, so to speak.

Like, if I catch a nice 1st or 2nd pink or red, I go breed one and drop it in the AP for someone else. I like to work on matching lineages, so if I get pink bred from a pink and a sweetling, for example, I'll breed a mate for it. I think others like to do the same, just to have pretty lineages staring back at them when they click the link.

Also, when people have a hard time catching things at the hourly drops, I try to up their chances. I've only managed maybe 3 seasonals for summer, so far, but I've gifted them all.

I keep trying to breed my silvers, since the first two I ever caught were AP drops, but they just DO NOT want to breed for me. With anything. I so desperately want to give back what I caught with these, but it's been more than two years! I am not a lucky metallic breeder, I can tell you that.

Only rarely do I drop hatchlings for gendering wrong, but eggs that aren't the hybrid I wanted either get dumped immediately or bit by my vampires. cool.gif

Sunstones from the cave, since I'm looking for moonstones.

Pretty-lineages I have bred, so someone else can get lucky.

Incorrect breeds when I'm working on a checkerboard pattern. (Usually I'll keep the first one, then abandon all the later ones until I get the breed I really want).

Non-hybrids with hybrid-producing parents when I'm breeding for hybrids.

Sometimes I'll drop longer-lineaged silver and golds, although right now I've been trading them for a common hatchling or two to round out my scroll.

Tinselkins and sometimes tinsels, when I'm lucky. smile.gif

I abandon eggs which I generally don't need - I focus on getting a certain breed. Lately I've been trading unwanted hatchies and eggs through EATW market or gifting them for friends - instead of simply throwing everything into AP like I used to do since I've joined DC.

An example. Today I've tried to breed Ice x Vine to get another Ice. Got two Vines and abandoned them asap. I also need three alt Vine hatchies to complete my alt Vine collection, but not at the moment, so I didn't care about these "Ice-fails" at all. Even if they hatch as alts... hope their new owner will take care of them well c:

I've also abandoned some non-alt Blacks (because I wanted an alt) and one ND experiment that hatched as a normal dragon.

Aand I abandon less important eggs when there is a new dragon released (I try to collect the new dragons on the first two days of the release, when they're easy to get) or when someone offers me a better one.

On a side note... Do I regret abandoning eggs and hatchies? Not at all. I only regret that I've released a lot of adults, because their number was odd, while it should be even (for example I had 3 Greenwings instead of 4 or 2, so I've released 1). That was silly, I should've simply GET MORE OF THEM. Facepalm.

For many reasons: Need a slot on my scroll, misclick, breeding, and sometimes I don't know why..

I like to breed trios, tinsels, etc and send them to the cave as gifts. smile.gif

Usually when I drop things it's as gifts. I have dropped an egg or hatchie when I wanted the slot for a new release though, but I try not to do that.

Edited by inlaterdays

I also do "All of the above," but my AP drops are normally eggs I breed for others. I do make sure though, that I only breed those dragons that people will pick up quickly (new releases, Metallics, Trios, hybrids, low gen Tinsels, etc.,)

Any mis-clicks are normally bitten, so any found in the AP are repulsed bites, lol.

Usually I only abandon hatchlings when they gender wrong or, in the case of nebulas and sunrise/sunsets, they turn the wrong breed or color.

Often I will abandon eggs with nice even gen lineages, hoping that it will make the grabber happy. Commons are my favorite to drop, because I think of them as nice surprises. I really love seeing those eggs bred and incorporated into lineages with other beautiful even gens. The best way to make a breeder happy is to try and add onto a lineage to make even more pretties. ^u^

Also, I'll abandon eggs I've bred if they were the wrong breed for a project. In the case of some cbs and 2nd gens, I'll drop those because I've changed my mind on whether or not to use them for lineages. Vampires are something I'll often drop when grabbing and biting messy lineaged eggs from the ap if it's cluttered.

Edited by Daydreamer09