fainewebbe

Why Do You Abandon Eggs or Hatchlings?

Why Do You Abandon Eggs or Hatchlings?  

400 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm just curious as to people's different reasons for abandoning eggs or hatchlings. Some people abandon when a hatchling genders wrong or they are dumping a mis-click, etc. I sometimes wonder why people would want to abandon an egg they've already raised for a few days or an egg that's an ER. I'm curious as to people's reasons for using the 'abandon' feature. smile.gif

Mostly because my dragon's breed wrong or a mis-click in the cave.

And Sometime's i drop hatchling's as gift's smile.gif

I am extremely impatient and cannot stand being scroll-locked, so most of my AP dumps are decent eggs that I wanted at some point... but just couldn't wait for them to hatch. ;_; I've picked up ER/incuhatchable eggs from there and tossed them back for not hatching within a half hour as well. I'm a horrible person, I know. XD

The only time I abandon is when I need a slot really badly. And by that I mean when I've seen at least five eggs to be gifted that I wanted really wanted or a dozen trades that I can easily do that I really want. :/ Doesnt happen often though, and I like to see who got it and stalk them. happy.gif

I'll abandon misclicks, but I don't get a lot of those. Most of my abandons are eggs from my breeding pairs that I breed specifically for the AP.

Usually for me it's a mis-click or a bred egg that's the wrong breed. I only ever abandoned a hatchling once, because I'd just caught it from the AP and it locked me. I do sometimes breed nice lineages when locked, so the eggs auto-abandon as gifts.

I pick up caveblockers and AP-blockers and raise the egg into a hatchling, and then abandon the hatchlings. Most people are more keen to take a "blocker" breed if it's already hatched.

I tend to abandon vampires for the less fortunate people who don't have vamps on their scroll yet, or I just breed willy-nilly and release whatever egg comes out of the pairing. I usually hope, though, that the dragons get named and don't just become a code on the parent's offspring chart... but sadly I don't often get my wish.

I like to breed some of the more popular breeds, BSAs or other pretty even gens for people to snatch from the AP who aren't as good with the caves. I will only release messy / inbred lineages if they are BSAs (this way older players are less likely to take them, but people who really need the extra reds end up with something).

The only down side is watching (for awhile with greate frustration) that the even gens I dump are bred with messy ugly lineages, or else even gens but of a different generation. Not enough people who play actually use the forums to find out that they can get free mates to match up with their new dragons. So once it is out of my hands I let it go and let people have their fun.

If it bred as the wrong species, gendered wrong, was a mis-click in the cave, aiming for an Alt and it hatched normal ( :/ ) and if it's an AP catch with a messy lineage. I constantly pick up eggs from the AP in the hopes of something worthwhile.

Aaaannnddd I guess the abandoned hatchlings can count as gifts :3

A few reasons, mostly because I hatch and release* cave and AP blockers. Otherwise I'll drop the odd even-gen in the AP for fun, or more rarely, throw out an egg I simply don't want if it won't block the cave.

*see what I did there

most of my AP dumps are decent eggs that I wanted at some point... but just couldn't wait for them to hatch. ;_;

tongue.gif I do that all the time, too. This game is hard to play when you have no patience. That's why I love people like Marie19R and Jennabob who drop hatchlings to nab. biggrin.gif

I abandon eggs from the AP when their lineages were just NOT ME. Not an option you included there ! Also eggs that I bred that weren't right for my lineage - though more often I gift them in the EG thread.

I voted for the "not the breed I wanted", but I also abandon misclicks, or eggs that I caught and no longer want (CB reds or nebulas that I usually reflex click lol)

Many times I did breed tinsels or even gens just for the AP biggrin.gif This week I released a 2nd gen PB magma and a 2nd gen PB ice biggrin.gif

I dropped the occasional regular vine or black when I was looking for an alt unsure.gif

Lately, it's to share nice lineaged eggs. I've also abandoned misclicks and to free up egg slots.

I never abandon hatchlings for gendering against influence. I think I become a little bit attached to them once they hatch (unless they were intended trade/gift fodder) so yeah. :P

Most of the time I abandon pretty lineages so others can enjoy them too. I always hope that maybe some will find their way to the "Great lineages found in the AP" thread but alas, they've never been mentioned there. xP

I abandon eggs if they have a horribly messy linage, or if its a misclick. Though I do drop an egg every now and then for the fun of watching where it ends up.

Planning on gifting some eggs to people someday, once I manage to get dragons people actually want.

For the most part though - they are misclicks.

I abandon eggs either because of the wrong species resulted from breeding, I want to get rid of a cave blocker that I caught to move the cave or because I am too stupid to count the eggs/hatch I already have on my scroll and autoabandon due to lock (just happened with a pretty 4th EG Tin so I felt posting here is pretty perfect xd.png)

I've abandoned hatchlings for misgendering or eggs that didn't suit what I needed from that pairing (mostly in my silver fails altered spiral project) but I mostly try to lotto those off first ^.^ .

However when I'm locked I may breed for the egg to go to the ap because I don't need the offspring and I hope some one will appreciated it (runs off to do some of that now)

I spent my first months in DC trying to grab decent eggs but failed miserably.

Moreover most people I met back then were real jerks when you asked them to breed something for you - like maybe a 2nd Gen Nebula or Stripe. They were like: "I can bred this and that but you have to get me ..... [insert enormous amount of X here] first". I did not want to enlist in Newbie Gifting or TGT, because I had a preference for nice lineages and purebred and it would be unfriendly to reject gifts once you are on a list. So those months were really frustrating for me.

Well, there were some amazing people as well, too.

Things changed as I learned how to faster grab eggs from the hourly drops and amassed some breeding stock I could use for trading.

Since I never wanted messy eggs on my scroll and am a fan of purebreds I always was amazed when I was lucky to grab something pretty from the AP - so I try to return the favor as much as I can by dropping nice stuff on the AP or gifting it away via Cave Plumbers, Rare Breeders and TGT.

It's sort of a personal motto, that I only drop/gift things I would have wanted as a gift myself. I never drop/gift stuff I would not want myself.

how about all of the above???

although the need for egg space is somewhat less with 7 slots, I could often use 10 slots, but only because I am impatient to get lineages completed.

the only messy things I drop are self bred metals-- if they would ever breed dry.gif

Usually I keep my miss-clicks, incorrectly gendered, caveblockes and normals. I abandon nearly all the eggs I get when I breed my dragons. I rarely keep one myself, I have (yet) never gifted/traded them. Sometimes I abandon eggs/hatchlings I pick up from AP because of lineage. Inbreds are okay if they have otherwise decent lineage, but I mainly look for purebreds/good lineages. But if it's something I REALLY want, the lineage may be messy, inbred or whatever, I am not picky if it's a rare. laugh.gif

how about all of the above???

Yeah--I should have included that option. xd.png

It's neat to see so many people abandon as gifts for others. I usually abandon misclicks or caveblockers. I sometimes stalk what I abandon just to see if they ever make it to adulthood--out of guilt I guess. tongue.gif