Skypool

Which Type of Character Do You Seem to Favor?

Which one? Read below for more clarification.  

434 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Too bad I couldn't vote for a bubbly villain xd.png

I was torn between The Villainous Type and The Bubbly/Optimistic Type. Well I went for optimistic in the end but those two attract me most smile.gif

Villains, stuck-up rich girls (think Devil Wears Prada), and chill, "bro" types smile.gif

Hmm, on this list I'm not completely certain. I picked adventurous just 'cause I like the idea of adventures and traveling and trying new things. My favorite characters are usually the friends. The kind that stick with one through thick and thin but won't hesitate to give one a slap should one needs it.

I definitely go for the adventurous type too, especially when in a group setting. Or even the ones that are individual that 'find' themselves.

I like the nerdy/smart type, because I identify with them more! I was always a teacher's pet. Hermoine, Twilight Sparkle, Claudia on Warehouse 13... all favorites of mine!

It strongly depends on what I'm reading/watching.

In more lighthearted shows, I prefer the witty yet smart protagonist, like for example Castle, or Shawn from Psych.

If it's more serious most of the times I like the more villainous type.The censorkip.gif who can be sort of nice. That's probably the reason why especially when reading manga my favorite character is usually the "wing-man" , the main character's sort of friend who is his biggest rival at the same time.

Same for books and tv shows. I like characters that have more layers to them. They're not necessarily the good guy or the bad guy, but more like the anti-hero.

From the poll, it's probably a mix between " The Villainous Type" and "The Cocky/Arrogant/Self-Conceited Type", so yeah, voting "Other", since grey characters are just so much fun.

i like the arrogant type because they are always fun to watch get kicked around and made fun of only for them to come back with a vengance and totally dominate everyone xd.png they are usually cocky for a reason

I like characters I can relate to, and characters who are particularly amusing to watch. If there's a character who is particularly shy (but only if they're shy in a particular fashion, and not loner types who are all "ALKWDSN STAY AWAY FROM ME YOU'RE ALL INFERIOR TO ME" all the time when confronted and are not actually shy at all but just like to be alone) or has some form of communicative issue that corresponds to something I have to deal with, I'll usually be all over them...

I also tend to latch onto one or two characters and not really connect nearly as much with the others when following a series. xP

I voted for the motherly type, in general feel most connection with this type of character, who takes care of their companions or relatives, like beth march from little women, maybe she's more for the sweet type, i also love the philosopher type, who meditates about good and evil, and keeps a neutral insight toward the matter of the plot, they often have a high level of intelligence and perspicacity, also the cute/sweet/innocent type, who gives a love atmosphere to the plot, makes us fall in love with them and cheer for them, like hyuuga hinata from naruto, the quiet type who often surprises us, and the optimistic type, who always keeps the hope among the characters, and of course the adventurous/bold type who fears nothing and always go after help their friends even if risk their lives

Bubbly/Optimistic is me. Pretty much.

I love love love Penelope Garcia on Criminal Minds. She is just bubbly and optimistic and a little bit innocent, though how can she be on that job.

I also loved May-Rin on Black Butler.

Can't think of any more, at this very moment. ...

DUH! Pu! From Yu Yu Hakusho! Though how a mini blue penguin that flies can be optimistic, I dunno. But he sure was bubbly! (By that I mean SQUEEE cute.) That scene where kept trying over and over to bring Yusuke water, carrying it with his ears but he kept dropping it and turning back? I was in tears. Poor Pu. I didn't care one wit of Yusuke, I was just whimpering over poor Pu.

But I digress. Yes, Cute, Bubbly, Optimistic.

I like both villainous characters and cute/innocent characters. Especially when the villainous ones are cruel and dark and the cute ones have some bravery and adventure to them and the fight. xd.png

Truthfully, it depends from series to series and genre to genre. Like, for one thing, I quite enjoy mad screeching lunatics in quite a few different genres, but in horror and drama series I tend not to like them and instead prefer nerdy/smart characters.

There is no type listed that I completely hate, but the rarest ones for me to like are the adventurous/bold type, the philosopher type, the sweet/innocent type, the self-conceited type, the depressed type, and the bad guy/girl type.

I will admit that, in horror series and only horror series, I hate the stoic/quiet type, especially if they appear often.

I considered the question for a while, but decided to null my vote after some thought. I don't think I gravitate too much to any particular type. I, like everyone, like interesting characters. That's the only preference I could think of. There are some types in the list which I thought that maybe I didn't like much, but I realized it was mainly since those types didn't get much character development usually in the stories I read/watched, so weren't as interesting to me.

I'm not sure if it counts, but I like the loner/protective type characters. Sorta where they usually are alone/are used to depending on themselves, but still protect other characters. The best example I can think of for this would be the main character from Immortal Rules by Julier Kagawa. But I usually like all kinds of characters besides Mary-Sue type characters (where they're perfect and have no flaws). Those characters are definitely not my type.

I tend toward dark, introspective anti-heroes or leaders of men (for the former reasons and because they're often loner types because of what's going on in their heads).

villains unite!

okay now that that comment is out of the way...

favorite villain: dont know if this counts but... Mehrunes Dagon, if any of you have played the elder scrolls.

I am the totally independent type "if that is a type" even saying that, i do like to be hugged and loved just like the next person.. but in my I deal world i guess i am what most people call a hermit even though i have been Married twice and have three children and ten grand-kids

I just love being alone i think that i have become less tolerant in my old age..

"yep i have become a crabby old women with a cat" laugh.gif

Bold and independent females X3

motherly (っ °Д °)っ or artistic/creative (usually introverted) males!

Edited by starfish102

Type: Villain, orphan, brave quest-takers, stoic, quite, and mischievous.

For some reason I always tend to love the feminine and motherly- type characters too! I really have no idea why, I feel like it might be because I am very attached to my mother and I totally look up to that trait <3 I tend to really like characters who have a lot of admirable traits (like Iroh from avatar the last airbender)

But I also like the misunderstood characters. The kind of characters who seem mean or like villains when you first meet them, but you end up learning about them and realizing they are a really good person who's just confused or in a tough situation. Gee I don't know how to word it but I hope you understand what I am saying =P

I love a lot of different types of charachters. I love a really bad cold-blooded villian and I love a strong person who is also very caring and compassionate. It all depends on the setting and theme of the story.

I favor many kinds of characters, but the ones I'm most attached to are The Sweet/Innocent Type ones.

I don't know why, maybe cause they're innocent and pure?

It depends on what I am watching. Several of these can be traits within the same character.

For example, Aragorn in Lord of the Rings is one of my favorite characters. He is adventurous/bold, quiet, stoic/emotionless (at times), and can even be the bad guy (not villainous) when you look at Strider.

Then there is Rayland in Justified. He is adventurous/bold, mischievous, cocky/arrogant, bad guy (not villainous), and smart, too.

And there is Alucard in Hellsing. He's a badass vampire who's adventurous/bold, ... I know what is missing from these lists. A "Sense of Humor" is not listed, and I like that. Alucard has it, and so does Rayland. Alucard is cocky/arrogant, a bad boy, smart, and villainous.

I love a good villain, too. Well-rounded ones with lots of other traits are the most fun. wink.gif

ETA: Two types are missing: one is the Hero archetype. The other is the Comic.

I think I would vote for the Hero archetype, as it is embodied in all three above in different ways. Even Alucard is a Hero.

Edited by missy_

I usually like main characters best, probably because they're the most developed, and I like a lot of different personalities. I like the bold/adventurous ones, but sometimes they think they're so awesome, which is annoying. And I usually like the spunky/sarcastic ones...