Skypool

Which Type of Character Do You Seem to Favor?

Which one? Read below for more clarification.  

434 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Villains make or break a movie for me. If you paint a villain, I need to either passionately love them (see just about every Disney villain ever created), or passionately love hating them (half the characters in Game of Thrones).

I'm exceedingly drawn to characters who are either initially portrayed as villains but aren't (Severus Snape) or who believe they're villains and seem to be constantly paying penance or running away from themselves, even though they're actually the hero (Doctor Who).

If you make a villain who is clearly villainous, in your mind, because they're given to SUDDEN FREAKOUT SCREAMING or are fat little men who have no motive other than padding their bank account, I'm done with you. Your movie, book, or show holds no further interest for me.

Also, if I spend more time rooting for your villains than for your heroes (prime example: the TV show Once Upon a Time), you're doing it wrong.

So. Yes. Villains. I love me a good villain. laugh.gif

A lot depends on setting and story of course, but I tend to like the Magnificent censorkip.gif***-type bad guys.

The smart guys too, as long as they aren't just book smart and otherwise completely uncompetent. Then they just annoy me.

Deadpan Snarkers are always nice too.

I went with stoic/emotionless, but I also tend to like nerdy/smart, artistic/creative, depressed/horrible outlook, and of course villainous. I tend to love darker characters, especially if they have a tortured backstory of some sort. The more messed up someone is, the more I seem to like them as a character. I like lots of psychopathic, tortured-soul characters, and often antagonists.

Deadpan Snarkers are always nice too.

This so many times. xd.png

Hm, that's a tough question, never considered it until now.

It depends on the position and personality. I tend to like the quiet, kick-butt type. Villains that pretend to be sweet and romantic and kinda I tend to love a lot, but they have to be done in a certain way to make it likeable. Jerks with a soft side I also like from time to time, depending on how they're done. I also like the serious, awesome type (lol if that makes sense to you). So it basically depends on the position, the personality, and how they're done.

Oh! And the "Villains" that are actually good people are awesome too, as well as villains that are actually not really villains but do have wrong intentions. x3

(Aaaand that's all I can think about atm)

Edited by Kira-san

In real life I would fit into the Philosopher Type and the Judgemental Type. Those two fit me pretty well and go together quite nicely.

I had to choose other because my characters always have many different sides to them. Otherwise, they feel flat to me! xd.png

I picked stoic. I usually favour female characters pretty much purely because I feel bad for how often they are ignored x) I can't even help it anymore at this point

I find myself rooting for the antagonist more often then not.

]i like the cute fluffy goofs. The ones who are light-hearted and don't have bad bone in their body. They're usually not very bright but they're always around to help anyone who asks for it, and have warm hearts. generally over excitable and silly and like to eat.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

you get the point

I have always favored the bold types that take action. But I'm an action type of girl. So makes since to me.

Mainly characters with a realistic outlook on the world; not necessarily "depressed" or a "horrible outlook" kind of thinking.

"I hate humans/society" character types always end up my favorites, especially if they aren't moody like a middle schooler about it. Dark personality characters, evil laughing villains/antagonists.

I can go liking any type of character, honestly. There are some cases where some just bug me to death - especially persistent stoic characters being a stubborn butt.

I love characters with dark pasts they can't seem to get rid of or forget. Although if there's a kind, childish mannered character I'd prolly love them more, no matter if they're spoiled or whatever. And I don't care for airheads at all. So a mix between all that I guess???

EDIT: Also, the characters I love the most are ALWAYS the ones that die and you then must spend weeks crying to recover from.

Edited by Lythe

I don't particularly favor any. I like them as long as they're done well.

Lol, I read that and immediately thought of steak, cooked well done. "You eat your characters?!?" Then I realized that, no, that's probably not what you meant....but I agree, characters that are done (made? Created?) well are pluses.

It really depends on what kind of setting they're in. I really love the adventurous, action-y types, but I also have a penchant for rooting for well-developed villains. The motherly sort isn't too bad either.

I will also like arrogant characters if they have a legitimate reason for their arrogance (trying to drive people away to not get hurt, a dark past, etc.).

I love characters with tragic backstories too, for whatever reason.

I went for the bad guy/girl who aren't villains. I don't know, I like me some anti-hero business, add in a well done tragic backstory/future angst and snarky sass, and maybe dress them all in black (leather optional) and I'm a goner. That's sounds so shallow, I'm so sorry, it's late.

I really like martyr-type characters who go through absolute misery for the sake of everyone else. The more tragic their ending is, the better.

...which isn't an option I can vote for, sadly. What's wrong with loving characters who happen to break my heart into millions of tiny pieces?

Is Bad guy with a soft spot even a thing?

I tend to like the complete bad guys, villain, stoic or depressed and if they have a cute sidekick/ friend/ rescues puppies/ you get the drift, i completely adore them.