Skypool

Which Type of Character Do You Seem to Favor?

Which one? Read below for more clarification.  

434 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I put others because I find myself taking a special interest in eccentric characters (think the Doctor, Sherlock Holmes, Bartimaeus from the Bartimaeus Trilogy, Jack Sparrow). And eccentric characters are always males. :/

I do especially love the extreme peace lovers that can rip apart everything if they wanted to though. It makes for a much more interesting story than the usual blast everything to smithereens because they're forced to find an alternate solution or personally suffer greatly. Those are so rare (only examples I can remember now are Aang and the Doctor).

The ones that capture my /interest/ a lot though are the ones with moral ambiguity.

Edited by Rosella Surmane

Voted for "Depressed/Horrible Outlook". Actually maybe I should have voted "Other", as that's not really the trait that most appeals to me. It's more that I seem to be drawn to characters with really horrific/tragic backstories and baggage that could ground a plane, and a lot of them happen to have bad attitudes as well. Take Sandor Clegane a.k.a The Hound from Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire for example - one of my favourites from that series.

Oddly enough, I also have a great fondness for Cute/Innocent types too - big fan of MLP, and my favourite character there is Fluttershy. blink.gif (Though part of that is the "inner strength" aspect of her personality.) And another one I like is one that I don't think is on the poll, which is weak characters who end up using their intelligence/cunning to manipulate the "rules" of their story or the society within the story.

I really like the adventurous and bold type, especially in girls. Katniss Everdeen is my hero! I guess tough would also be a good description. Tough, but not 100% stoic: I like my characters with a soft side/hidden heart of gold smile.gif

I don't really like any specific personalities. I just like them if they stay to their personality while being lovable.

The one type of character that I can't stand, though, is the brave, adventurous kind. They are generic, boring, and more often not, Mary Sues/Gary Stus.

Edited by KoalaNoob

I voted for "Villainous Type" although I do tend to like a variety of 'types' but the majority of them are villains, bad boys or rebels. tongue.gif

I chose "other", as I normally like the blunt, straigh-to-the-point characters or, if it's a manga, I alays seem to develop a crush on the tall, black-haired one. Don't ask me why. I just do. tongue.gif

I like philosophical and wise characters, along with the villains because of their complexity. I tend to like all types of characters, except ones that are arrogant, rather simple, too perfect, or outright annoying.

arrogant/snooty characters actually attract me often.

~* incoming pony talk *~

my second favorite pony ever, Trixie, is super snooty and full of herself. and i absolutely love that about her. i think the reason those types of characters attract me so much is because i'm pretty self-centered in my head. i like the feeling of pride and self worth that arrogant characters radiate.

and i'm a pretty stuck up, arrogant person myself IRL, tongue.gif

Voted for other!

According to my partner, I seem to have a thing for liking characters who are manipulative and sadistic. ovo;;

I enjoy the "Washed up ex-cop whose been searching for his partner who went rouge"

There are a lot of em.

Edited by ToaofPonies

Smart ones... But also the tough-guy-with-a-soft-heart type, too. And rough-around-the-edges-but-actually-really-sweet. biggrin.gif Sometimes I like villains too, although the ones I like often turn out to be actually good guys, or become good....often before they die.

Oh, yeah, my favorite characters tend to die. Which is upsetting....

I love villains. Love. Love. Love. I especially love ones with a good backstory; villains with a reason to be evil. I love when they DO NOT turn to good. Keep 'em evil, baby! I adore while stories based from the villain's point of view.

I also like the intelligent types. I do also have a weakness for the loner/sarcastic/antisocial types with a soft spot.

I don't know why, but the ones that are a lot like me personality-wise. Like overreacting and worrying a lot. I find them easy to keep in-character and easier to write.

I tend to really like big, strong dudes who are usually nice and polite but when someone theatens something/someone he loves, he goes absolutely ballistic.

The Mischievous/Prankster Type is by far my number one, I think. Just something about those kinds of characters I like. I like the Villainous Type a lot to, and didn't notice I was voting for it instead of Prankster til it was too late. >.<

For guys, I usually like the rule-following-strong-sense-of-honor type of guy. For gals, it varies more, but I tend to like bold, strong, adventurous, wall-shattering women and curious women and women who defy life. For nonbinary characters... I just want them to exist.

For nonbinary characters... I just want them to exist.

Yes please. (Also nonsexualized lesbians, ace/aro people who aren't emotionless robots, representation that isn't just "surprise Dumbledore was gay the entire time", etc etc etc)

I seem to like a lot of characters who the fandom at large think are aloof/tough guys/jerks for some reason even though all canon evidence points to them being the sweetest people alive? Like the ninth Doctor or Karkat (pardon the HS example but he's literally just a foul-mouthed team mom with self-esteem issues).

Also people who pretend or try not to care but are terrible at it and end up being pulled into all sorts of heroics. People who complain every step of the way when they're asked to do something but go through with it anyway. People who are terrible but really do try and make you think that maybe the world is salvageable yet.

dead boys

I really tend to favour the underdogs in books and the like, though it depends on the setting of the story. For guys, I absolutely love the characters that make mistakes and mess things up, or turn villainous later on or were to begin with. And angst a lot.

For girls, I love the royal, snobby girls that look like they could crush you with their heels, and adorable little sweethearts.

And oh god please more nonbinaries. I adore those kind of characters!

Edited by Lady_Lunevis

I always preferred prankster/thief types for some reason. I guess they're usually comic relief, but always a lot more intelligent than the standard goofball.

Whether we're aware of this or not, a lot of our favorite characters from TV shows, games, books, etc have something in common... Which type do you find yourself gravitating towards (favor-wise) the most?

Vote and discuss! smile.gif

I honestly find myself a big fan of the motherly type people for some reason.

im always up for a story that's action packed and plot run but what i really love is the character that CRACKS ME UP!!!