Skypool

Which Type of Character Do You Seem to Favor?

Which one? Read below for more clarification.  

434 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I generally love all types of characters. Having just one type of character in your fanboy/fangirl arsenal can get stale quickly. Though, I do love the eccentric ones, usually in the form of some scientist (such as Shinra from DuRaRaRa or Komui from D. Gray Man).

I generally like adventurous characters who are ready to take on the world. I do also like the odd ones though, Patrick Jayne and Spencer Reed fit this bill.

My likes have changed some over the years though. Heroes or heroines are usually my favorites.

The brooding philosopher type, or mentor/teacher-like characters are most interesting. tongue.gif

Edited by ishlia

Either those who are clever and sneak into the villain's lair in disguise (mostly in books)

Or the villains themselves (mostly in movies)

The villains get the best clothes, lairs and songs in movies, in my opinion.

The crazy/eccentric ones. It's great when they interact with the "sane" characters(c'mon we all know who's really sane here) especially when they are adopted in a group.

I've always liked the adventurous types of characters mostly because I want to be like that as well. I wanna be able to go on my own journey so they pretty much inspire me.^^

I also like the nerdy type of characters since I relate with them a lot. Like, their logic and reasoning or their knowledge to situations and even their awkward tendencies.xd.png

I like the quiet type, or the sulky type with a bad outlook on life or that they feel really depressed. Don't ask my why because I definitely don't know, I'm not like that at all, except for the quiet part.

I also like the smart ones, but the ones who hide it from everyone else, like, the ones who have hidden talents that when everyone discovers them they are just amazed and that character becomes cool and he then decides to open up and has a happy ending.

Those types of characters.

Generally well rounded characters with one of these personality quirks clearly showing as dominant over the rest.

Seriously... I do RP every now and then, and there's always that one guy with the *cough* "I'm just different!" character. user posted image

You know, the type that can pull powers out of their arse at every very convenient moment, then claim some bull censorkip.gif excuse as to how it happened? "I'm just different!"

They usually come in three shades:

• The Emo attention hoar who's distant but subtly begging for you to throw bags of attention at them.

• The hard-arse veteran who's been everywhere and done everything, and also done terrible things that he regrets heavily/doesn't regret at all.

• The happy-go-lucky kiddie that feigns innocence and is always up in your face about every little thing.

There are other shades, but those 3 are the ones I encounter the most.

They drive me nuts.

Edited by Brotato

You know, the type that can pull powers out of their arse at every very convenient moment, then claim some bull censorkip.gif excuse as to how it happened? "I'm just different!"

They usually come in three shades:

• The Emo attention hoar who's distant but subtly begging for you to throw bags of attention at them.

• The hard-arse veteran who's been everywhere and done everything, and also done terrible things that he regrets heavily/doesn't regret at all.

• The happy-go-lucky kiddie that feigns innocence and is always up in your face about every little thing.

I see these characters way more often than anyone should. I puzzle over how they can all be different when they are all the same.

I also see a lot of hybrid characters, or characters who are dragons / part dragon / can turn into a dragon. I get that this is a dragon fan site, but that doesn't mean I want to see them in every RP I look at.

I see these characters way more often than anyone should. I puzzle over how they can all be different when they are all the same.

I also see a lot of hybrid characters, or characters who are dragons / part dragon / can turn into a dragon. I get that this is a dragon fan site, but that doesn't mean I want to see them in every RP I look at.

Try half-werewolf half-vampire.

Sorry if I made you lose your lunch.

It's hard to tell, but if anything I would have to say I generally like the silent characters. It doesn't matter if they are stern and silent, shy and silent or more of the brooding silent, long as it is not too much brooding.

I feel more commonly similar to those who are stoic/emotional, more than adventurous. Even though I, myself, hold many common stuff with characters.

I go for the Adventurous and the Bold Type because the main character usually goes for adventures

I really have a thing for characters that are some kind of ancestor/deceased family member to the main set of characters from the story, or "The Bad Guy/Girl Type".

Lately, I've been favoring the antagonist more and more.

Probably because recent movie releases have whitewashed the protagonists to be so PC that it drives me away from them.

I love just about any character with great character development. Like someone who's a little bit of everything.

But usually just anyone who seems a bit mysterious and makes the best of a nasty situation.

Basically any character created by Joss Whedon.

The Adventurous/Bold Type

The Nerdy/Smart Type

The Villainous Type

The Quiet Type

The Artistic/Creative Type

The Cocky/Arrogant/Self-Conceited Type

The Depressed/Horrible Outlook on Life Type

The Bad Guy/Girl Type (Not villainous)

All of those because:

Adventurous/bold - The most fun to write about.

Nerdy - I relate.

Villainous - Fun to write about and can be super powerful in fantasies.

Quiet type - Sometimes the most interesting people on the inside.

Artistic/creative - Fun to write about + I relate.

Cocky - Idk why really.

Depressed/horrible outlook on life - I write these types the most for some reason though I contrast.

Badass females? - Hell yeah.

Edited by Dauntingale

I'm going to go for the "Prankster type" because they always try to keep everybody's hopes and emotions up even in the darkest of times. Besides, I always like a good joke here and there. smile.gif

I'll admit, choosing one for the poll was a bit difficult.

I have a love of the Prankster type, regardless of whether they're good or evil, because I love jokes and pulling pranks on people myself.

But more often than not, my favourite characters from whatever I'm watching/reading/playing tend to be the villains or protagonists with darker elements. I just tend to find them more interesting than the typical "goody-two-shoes" hero. Especially ones where you learn very little about their past, gives an air of mystery and and all that.

I admit I sort of combine some of these...

I like the depressed type but they can't JUST be depressed:

Tobias (Animorphs books) is also a quiet type as well as being one of the strongest supporters in the beginning to fight off the invasion.

Bruce Banner (The Avengers) is depressed. Heck, he tried to kill himself at one point. But he is also smart/nerdy to boot.

When its male characters, I like the extremely large easy to push around type, (Best example is Gamagoori from Kill la kill) and when it is female characters, I like the tiny, creepy/dark non-tsundere loveable babes with right morals. Pretty specific but there is actually a good amount of characters that fit.

I think every character has a back story. It becomes incredibly hard to determine what a "bad guy" really is if you can see where they're coming from.

Take the Germans during WW2 for example. Sure, we can say Hitler was misguided to say the least, but what about the innocent countrymen? They could not receive food rations if they did not give up their men to fight in the army. Yet all we see are the men on the front lines. We don't see their motive- to feed their families.

I really like it when the female character is strong enough to stand on her own two feet. I find it really annoying when she cries at every turn and the guy needs to save her every ten seconds.

That being said, regardless of gender, I want characters with flaws. Not the past tense kind of flaws, like they have been say, raped in their past and are now afraid of love, like legitimate flaws. For example, if they are the winner of an academic decathlon, I don't find it plausible for them to also be training to be an Olympian. Characters should not be cable to break out of iron handcuffs, or bend prison bars.

Feel free to disagree...

I prefer a combination.

Characters that are sweet and innocent on the outside, but dark and emotionally messed up on the inside.

I like characters who are funny, like the angel in eugene khursyow's videos (she acts like a moron)