TSparkle123

In the Shadows

((I've been thinking about opening Derpy back up, since BlazingPhoenix hasn't posted much. I'll wait until August 12. In the meanwhile, she'll be getting a PM from me.))

"Let's walk and talk. I need to get some eggs from the store you you can tell me what you need on the way. Is that good?" John smiled as his form momentarily flickered to changeling before settling on unicorn.

((Blaze isn't posting right now, I've seen her on but she goes off a second later. Internet issues?))

"But... can't I just give this letter?" Lightning asked."I have a bunch of other letters to deliver today..."

"Sorry, I misunderstood," John replied. This was getting troublesome. "Can I have the letter?"

"Here ya go!" Lightning said as she hoofed over the letter. "I hope you don't have to worry about being brought to Canterlot. Lots of ponies seem to have left town..."

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw her other deliveries. When she had made sure he had the letter, she would simply get the rest out of the way! Then go home and not work some more. yay

Fluttershy saw the train, and gasped. "Oh my... such a big train! It looks like the one we took to Apploosa!"

Wubsy looked around. "We'll need to make a good entrance. Only we can know."

I smiled at how Wubsy was eager to impersonate the princess.

"Canterlot?" John asked with a frown. He didn't want to. From the conversation he overheard, those people were going to Canterlot. Plus, Dawn was there. "Thanks," he mumbled as he took the letter and waved goodbye. He paused then opened the letter uo and began reading it.

((What does it say?))

"Ooh~" Pinkie gaped at the train.

---

Snowdrift trotted along and the snow got heavier around her.

"Dear John,

You're going to be asked to move to Canterlot soon and there isn't a whole lot I can do about that. In fact, we kind of need more unicorns. I hear the harmony girls are coming as well, and I am worried about their safety. The fact is, I've heard about a group resurfacing in Fillydelphia as well. I might have to leave to investigate and stop whatever it is they're doing at once. I really wish you had opened that watch the night Celestia... vanished. You may not know it, but it would have made everything so much easier. But I suppose it can't be helped. I've never been good at writing letters, and it appears I've run out of things to write about. If you can, tell me how you're doing in your next letter.

Sincerely,

Dawn Light"

~

"Why would they need such a big train? Its not like they need to transport all the unicorns over here to over there very quickly."

"Yeah, a lot of the unicorns from all over Equestria are being sent to Canterlot because of the sun and moon. If Luna had stayed, we wouldn't be going at all," Twilight sighed.

A mysterious pony watched from a distance as Twilight and the others entered the train. She also saw the Doctor, Vinyl Scratch, and... Celestia? That couldn't be right. Celestia was dead. The Sisterhood had made sure of that before the mission. The Mentor wasn't wrong, was she? No, she couldn't be. The mysterious pony only continued watching. It could be a changeling, but the changelings were gone, weren't they? Nothing is true.

The Doctor glanced up at a roof and saw something. A pony? How would they have gotten up there? Unless they were a pegasus.

He's seen me! She stood on her hind legs and unsheathed her hook-blades. Everything is permitted.

Edited by TSparkle123

I flicked my ear, and looked at the roof. I saw the glint of the hookblade, and I pushed Doctor Whooves out of the way. I charge up my magic, ready to create a volcano if needed. "The Sisterhood... I thought it was just a rumor!" (ASSASSIN PONY!!!)

Wubsy looked up, and gasped. She threw out her wings in a defensive stance.

Sunlight climbed onto what seemed to be a vacant roof. However, what she saw turned her blood cold. She was ready to leap at the pony.

Fluttershy shivered. "Um... Twilight? I feel like we're...being watched."

John stared at the letter silently then shook his head. He trampled it into the ground as his horn vanished, only to be replaced by a pair of wings. A unicorn? He wasn't a unicorn anymore. He stared at the trampled letter then ran over it, straight back to Sherlock's house. "Sherlock!" he yelled as he kicked open the door. Sherlock was an alicorn and, although he didn't go out much, he would probably be summoned as well. Grabbing a nearby deerstalker hat, he frowned then slammed it down on Sherlock's head before he could say anything. There, now his horn was covered.

((Ohh.... Lightning... you need to be less like Derpy.))

Lightning saw a pony on the rooftop. Maybe she had a message for her! "Miss!" Lightning went as fast as her wings could carry her, with her 3.9 wing power, she wasn't going anywhere really fast, but it was fast enough to tumble into the pony and land on top of her. "Do you have a letter?" The she noticed a blade with a hook on it. "Ooooohhh! I've never seen one of those before." Lightning's cutie mark was actually that of a gear, and she loved seeing how things worked. "Does it hide in your sleeve? How do you use this?" Then she noticed Doctor Whooves. "Hi there Doctor! I have a message for you!"

((EVERYONE NOTICES THE ASSASSIN! Especially since Lightning's sitting on her and yelling...))

"Get off of me, pegasus. I have unfinished business," the mysterious pony said, irritated. The Mentor would not be pleased with her. She had been detected by not only the Doctor and his companion, but a mail pony. A MAIL PONY!

Frowning, John looked around then groaned. "We need to move to Cloudsdale!" he yelled at Sherlock. Yes, Cloudsdale. No one would ever look there for unicorns. Sherlock stared at him, no doubt scanning John with his mind. After a few seconds, he frowned and looked away.

"Stop panicing. If they require us in Canterlot, we shall go. If it makes you feel better, you can stay in pegasus form. But we do need to go. Come on."

(Derpy would be proud of you, Lightning!)

Sunlight walked up to the pony. "What business do you have with those ponies down there? Are you trying to assassinate Celestia? Before she even gets back to Canterlot?"

Sherlock took the hat off his head and trotted out the doir, John sticking close to his side. He was using his magic to make his wings vanish so that no one would be suspicious of either of the ponies or try to stop them. Avoiding large crowds, they both made it to the train and quickly boarded, ignoring the strange scene outside as Sherlock had claimed it was boring after mumbling about fake princesses.

The pony laughed loudly. "Oh, you ponies make me laugh. What reason would the Sisterhood want me to kill Celestia for? Or the Doctor?" She stood back up and used one of her blades to pull out a grappling gun. The assassin used the blades to pull the trigger and shoot a rope across. She used it as a zip line to the next roof. She rose her free hoof into a salute and looked back at Sunlight. "Grazie for allowing my escape."

John glanced around nervously as he sat next to Sherlock. The alicorn who was disguised as a unicorn had his eyes closed and seemed to be meditating. But John was worried. His wings fluttered slightly and his hooves twitched nervously. How long would it be until they got to Canterlot? Once there, then what? He didn't want to confront Dawn. He wanted to run away and stay away.

"What just happened....?" Lightning asked. "I have no idea...." She then refocused on the Doctor. "I have a message from a Ms. Dawn Light for you..." She whispered. Had she really been that crazy a second ago? Oh Luna she was going crazy...

The mysterious pony ran for what seemed like forever before she made it to the hideout. She sighed when she got there. Thank goodness I'm back. I thought they were going to kill me!

"You're late, Dusk Fire."

"Forgive me, Mentor, an insane pegasus wanted to know how my hook-blades worked and I-"

"You didn't kill an innocent, did you?!"

"Of course not, Mentor. I used my grappler to escape."

"Did you see the Doctor?"

"Yes, Mentor, and I believe he and his companion spotted me." Dusk sat on one of the pillows in the hideout. The Mentor would no doubt have to get rid of her now. Dusk had let the entire Sisterhood of the Supernova down. How could she have let a minor pony like that take down her operation?

"Perfect, Dusk. Everything is going just as I planned it."

Edited by TSparkle123