LyricShadowcrow

What not to say to a Newbie

You'll need to dig in a quarry in the land of Brim, which in located in galaxy far, far away.

Can someone explain what egg-locked means?

It means your eggs are locked so they can't hatch unless you abandon them. This automatically unlocks them, and don't worry, they will immediately bounce back to your scroll unharmed.

(Man, I'm awfully cruel to the hypothetical newbies...)

What does the Earthquake BSA do?

It means your eggs are locked so they can't hatch. You have to use earthquake to unlock them.

My vampire egg hatched, but now it says it is dead. What did I do wrong?

Lol awkward. We posted at the same time xd.png And with the same answer O_o

It's not dead, it's a Vampire, and Vampires are undead. But it will die for real if you don't feed it. You have to kill all your dragons and let the Vampire baby eat them.

Edited by glamoursea2

You forgot to feed it fresh unicorn meat.

Why can't I trade the dino I just caught?

Dino eggs are parasites. They can't be traded, can't be abandoned, and they can only be hatched if you dip them in mustard. I can't tell you where to get mustard. It's a secret you must figure out on your own.

Why would anyone abandon eggs?

They don't actually abandon them. Eggs are rented by the hour and if you default on the payment, TJ burns your scroll.

Why can't I get a CB holly?

Because holiday dragons don't like people with scrolls.

Why did my dragons throw away the vampire egg my vampire made?

CB Hollies can only be obtained if you get a DC Time Machine and go back to the release of the Hollies. To get a DC Time Machine, you have to catch 5 Golds and give them to TJ as payment for the Time Machine. Once you get back to the release of the Hollies, you have to freeze time so you can have a chance to grab one. It's a very complex endeavor.

Why did all my dragons' names disappear? (The most common question I ever see...)

And I worked so hard on that explanation too D:

Okay, your dragons threw the Vampire egg away because you didn't give it a proper introduction and your dragons assumed it was a burglar. Next time try introducing it correctly! (:

Why did all my dragons' names disappear?

Edited by glamoursea2

You wrote them in disappearing ink. You need to get a paper dragon to write them on and its magic keeps the ink from disappearing.

Where can I find a gold egg? I never see them anywhere!

You're apparently not old enough to enter the Tri-Wizard Tournament, or you could compete for your gold egg. Maybe next year.

What SPF does my ultraviolet dragon need when it goes outside?

Breed-Specific Audit. This happens if you don't pay TJ09 dragon tax.

How can I breed a silver or gold egg?

Breed a Neglected and a Magi.

How do I know if my Vine Dragon is an Alt or not?

I'd love to tell you how to check but it is forbidden in this realm

How do I get my stupid grey and stripe to make me a black stripe egg

A spriter's alt is something so terrible that you don't want one. Unfortunately, I am not allowed to tell you.

Why am I allowed only 5 eggs at one time, but 15 all including hatchlings?

Because if you were allowed to have more than 5 eggs at a time, you would spontaneously combust. TJ is trying to save your life. If you had more hatchies than what is allowed, the same thing. It's like teaching a baby how to grow, one step at a time.

Why can I only summon two GoNs?

Because if you had more than that then there would be too much nature protection. Then how would keep global warming going?

Why won't my dragon grow up?

You have to sing to it.

Why can't my Split mate with my Ochredrake?

Edited by Leidarendi

Because splits have such an obnoxious personality that only other splits will put up with them. Sweet little ochredrakes are repelled by their nasty aggressive behavior.

Why does it ask me if I am sure I want to incubate my egg?