LyricShadowcrow

What not to say to a Newbie

On 10/31/2022 at 2:44 PM, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Why do people want to talk to ghosts anyway? They've got the same opinions and expectations of etiquette and behavior they had when they were alive.

Because once you die level up and ascend from the mortal plane, you unlock a bunch of cool cheat codes for reality, like walking through walls and getting advice from other players that you previously couldn't communicate with from different historical eras. Read the manual again before you ask silly questions.

Speaking of which, why are there pages missing from my manual? I've been stuck on this last level for ages.

14 hours ago, Spiteful_Crow said:

Speaking of which, why are there pages missing from my manual? I've been stuck on this last level for ages.

Hatchling. It's always hatchlings.

It says Crypt play with the dead so they won't be lonely. The Crypts are large and fierce looking, though. What games are they playing?

Freeze tag.

Why did it say I couldn't breed my crypts?

No one is born in the realm of the dead. They have to cross over to create life.  You need the Iridichi's 'Pass Through The Veil" BSA to breed them.

How do I unsee a Kohraki x Mint lineage?

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

Shut your eyes.

I missed thanking everyone involved for this year's Halloween event. How do I post in a closed thread?

Get yourself banned. Then you can post anywhere.

Why is my mint upside down?

Because it got bitten by a vampire at Halloween, and now it can hang there as long as it wants.

How long will it take to get zombies from this year's Halloween dragon?

Forever. Crypts belong to the land of dead. Undead stay in the land of living. Never the twain shall meet.

Why do Dorsal hatchlings stand on their front leg like the pug in the video where it's peeing on a bush?

Spam TJ's Insta. He's sure to give you one just to make you stop.

Why are pink dragons so hard to find in the cave?

Some of them like to show off by looking sleek.

Do upside down mints ever get back the right way up?

Yes. Kill them and they should instantly revive as rightside-up mints.

Why is the AP full of one specific breed of egg?

They knew you were coming and they had prepared (to frustrate you). Yes, you personally.

What happened to this dragon? It looked different when it first grew up. 

L3qP.png

On 11/21/2022 at 9:49 AM, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

What happened to this dragon? It looked different when it first grew up. 

It's actually a shapeshifter disguised as a dragon. Protect your hatchies from it.

Why can't I breed Holidays out of season?

On 11/28/2022 at 2:57 AM, Spiteful_Crow said:

Why can't I breed Holidays out of season?

They're very sensitive to the exact angle of the sunlight and moonlight. The mood has to be just so.

Why do Light Weavers have mustaches if they're all females?

12 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Why do Light Weavers have mustaches if they're all females?

Because they're individualists who don't believe in conforming to the narrowly defined standards of beauty.

What makes a dragon "pretty" vs "ugly"?

The size of its hoard of gems. Only Gemshard hatchlings are actually cute since their parents make sure they have gems when they hatch.

Why do old holiday dragons lay the biggest clutches of eggs?

On 2/17/2023 at 5:51 PM, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

The size of its hoard of gems. Only Gemshard hatchlings are actually cute since their parents make sure they have gems when they hatch.

Does this not apply to other gem-type dragons, like Pyralspites or Sapphires? What if they keep their eggshells?

On 2/17/2023 at 5:51 PM, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Why do old holiday dragons lay the biggest clutches of eggs?

Because they have the most experience, and they're usually good friends with a number of Purple dragons if they need assistance. The newer breeds need time to learn the ropes.

Wouldn't having two moons make Valkemare have really chaotic tides and mess with the gravity on the planet too?

Dragons arrange various types of mana to smooth it out, but then dragons who like chaos consume or move the management deposits.

Would it be naughty to collect Mint eggs before April 1st, then drop them in the AP on April 1st?

(Brilliant idea!)

Erm... no?

Where do I find a chicken egg?

You have to look close in all biomes as they're very small.  Try behind another egg!

Why are my Aeons so hard to breed?

They're synced to different times. You got to find the pair that's in the same moment. 

Why are Xocoatls so green?

It's mainly around their heart.  It'll glow luminous when they're ready to breed.

How many dragons of one breed should we collect?

One of the Elders has a firm rule on this: at least eight pairs ... unless there are breed limits.

Why can't Vampires bite Cheese eggs? Everyone likes cheese.