ScarMay

Book you're currently reading?

I'm currently reading The Screaming Staircase by Jonathan Stroud. I'm a huge fan of his Bartimaeus books, so I had to see what new stuff he cooked up. I'm about 60% through the book, and so far there has been much snappy dialogue (something I loved about Bartimaeus) and lots of moderately creepy ghost encounters. I wouldn't put it in the horror genre; it has not overly freaked me out. Yet. We'll see what happens in the last 40% of the book.

:huh: the book i'm reading now is Divergent by Veronica Roth, I'm gonna read Insurgent next. :D

user posted image

Edited by NekoNinja

I just finished Command Authority by Tom Clancy with Mark Greaney. I really liked it, but was saddened knowing it was the last Clancy book to be written by TC.

I started Debbie Macomber's Starry Night a Christmas romance celebrating the 2013 holiday season.

Edited by DustyBelle

I'm reading "Behind the Bedroom Wall", because a teacher told me to. It's a prime example of wasted potential.

The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling. The first few chapters have been insanely dull, but I'm still hoping it'll turn around.

Good luck with the JK Rowling book, tnoelemaK. I read it and the actual story isn't bad but it didn't come anywhere near the HP series in reading appeal for me.

I finished Debbie Macomber's annual Christmas novel starry Nights and have just started Patricia Cornwell's new Scarpetta novel, Dust. The book keeps referring back to the incident in Connecticut and I keep wondering if I missed reading the last book. Have to check that out.

I'm currently reading Dracula from Bram Stoker. biggrin.gif

That's an amazing book/movie.. My personal Favorite.

I'm currently reading The secret confessions of Anne Shakespeare

It's actually a lot more intersting then I anticipated it to be.

Good luck with the JK Rowling book, tnoelemaK. I read it and the actual story isn't bad but it didn't come anywhere near the HP series in reading appeal for me.

It picked up (a lot) after the initial chapters - I doubt that I'd been able to get through it otherwise - but I completely agree, nowhere near HP and I did not go into it with high expectations to begin with.

Currently re-reading The Hitchhicker's Guide to the Galaxy series, one of my all time favorites.

I've just finished Percy Jackson and the Titan's Curse. Unfortunately. I wish there was more to read, it's so exciting! I can't wait to get the Battle of the Labyrinth! ♥

The Maze Runner, Fire and Flesh, and The Rise of Nine. All totally different books, but I like them all.

I just finished The Quiet American by Graham greene. I liked it, but war-novel is not my favorite literary genre.

I started In Cold Blood by Turman Capote i'm at very beginning but sounds interesting.

The Maze Runner, Fire and Flesh, and The Rise of Nine. All totally different books, but I like them all.

oh, I was going to read the Maze Runner. How is it?

Also, the ones I'm reading are:

For school: The Adventures Of Tom Sawyer

and for fun: Notes From An Accidental Band Geek. Not the best book in my opinion, but it's pretty good on occasion.

i've been slowly thumbing my way through Stranger in a Strange Land.

i've never particularly been inclined to involve myself in science fiction before, and i'm not sure why, since i'm sure getting one heck of a kick out of heinlein. his predictions of future earth are incredible. the book was written in the early sixties, and is definitely ahead of his time. fantastic writing and characters too.

the book has a lot of emotional significance to me, and so far i'd definitely recommend it.

I'm currently reading The Book Thief for two reasons: 1) It was recommended to me by a friend. 2) The movie is currently playing at my local discount theater and I always try to read the book before going to see the movie. I'm about halfway through, and so far I really like it. It is interesting seeing things from Death's perspective.