Xocowolf

What's Up with Seasonals?

/deep breath

I am still unable to get a seasonal egg from my name matched spring pair, even with fertility! It's ridiculous, I thought my luck would change since I've been spotting more of the summer eggs in the trades but nooo. I feel bad for the person who requested the egg - they've been waiting since autumn.

ಠ__ಠ

To think I was so excited that someone actually requested the baby because of the parents' names and thought I could share the love easily. It's too good to be true. ;u;

I'm starting to see a trend here. CB Seasonals in the Cave and AP might as well be CB Blacks. They are still impossibly rare as they were this spring. However, it seems people are having relative ease breeding them again, unlike the spring, where getting anything was rare.

Edited by Darkhole54321

Either seasonals have suddenly come back into swing, or I just had amazing luck. 4 attempts at breeding and all produced summer eggs.

---A 5th attempt produced the opposite breed.

Edited by Daydreamer09

I just bred three pairs of trio x seasonal (which, in the past weeks, always produced nothing or a trio), a pink x seasonal and a pb seasonal pair, and I got 5 ohmy.gif !!! summer eggs

Either seasonals have suddenly come back into swing, or I just had amazing luck. 4 attempts at breeding and all produced summer eggs.

---A 5th attempt produced the opposite breed.

I think they're coming back- slightly. Saw about 3 Summer eggs, all freshly bred, on the AP today. blink.gif

EDIT: less than a minute ago i saw a FOURTH. Yep, they're coming back. Suddenly. Or at least for a short time.

Edited by YellowTsunami

Finally! Bred six pairs, got 5 summer eggs and 1 ice egg. smile.gif Win! Now why couldn't this have happened during spring?!

*Swear words*

I just saw 3 CB's in the hourly drop.

My stupid browser wouldn't register my clicks though.

*More swear words*

i've got 1 winter, spring and autumn and two summer dragons

(one summer hatchling 1 summer dragon)

Still nothing on my end, oddly enough. >.<;

The drought is mostly over. They are slowly but strongly coming back. Wish the same could be said for stripes and now apparently a sudden and dramatic drawback in Tinsels.

yeah i missed catchign probabaly a hand full of Summers over the past week. finally traded for one then ended up catching a 2nd so i finally have a CB pair of each season happy.gif

i've noticed that Stripes adn Blacks have gone back to being reclusive; stalked the Forrest for 2 straight hours the other day and not a single stripe came by whcih is odd imo.

o.0 so other peopels Tinsels are being stubborn too? thats a bit of a relief,i thought it was just mine laugh.gif

anyone else's Shimmers goign through a stubborn streak? 2 weeks striaght of trying for 2G PB's and all but 1 pair last week laughed at my attempts.

o.0  so other peopels Tinsels are being stubborn too?  thats a bit of a relief,i thought it was just mine  laugh.gif

There's a thread for how stubborn they're being, lol.

edit; I'm not surprised so many dragons are going into hiding, as it were. Just how silly the ratios can be, I think, and if someone has a huge tinsel army and has friends who have tinsel armies... well. e.e;

Or it could just be the natural decline of tinsels because of the lack of their natural food/resources.

The world of Dragon Cave is governed by some of the same ecological laws that apply to our world. If there are too many dragons of a specific breed, then competition for resources will be fierce, and dragons of that breed will be less likely to produce offspring.

On the other hand, if a breed is underpopulated, then their population will grow rapidly without natural checks and balances. These breeds will be more successful at producing offspring.

What does this mean for you? Well, this natural behavior is something you will need to keep in mind when hunting for eggs and trying to have your dragons breed. If you’re trying to find an egg from an overpopulated breed, your search will be more difficult than when trying to find eggs of a less plentiful breed.

EDIT2; Second summer all season. /squee

Edited by Ashes The Second

I saw two summers in the cave two days in a row--right after I egglocked on commons ><

Ah well, at least I have enough for my scroll goals already.

I have multiple CB's of all the seasonals, and two hatchies on my scroll right now.

haven't seen any CB's

but I haven't been looking either

I've seen more and more CB Seasonals being offered in trades, so they're coming back--they're still riding off their rarity, though, so for a while they'll probably be like CB Stripes or so. ^^

ALSO BAHAHA LVL TEN BABY SILLY CAPTIONS HERE I COME

I just saw a CB Summer blink.gif

The first this year.

Missed it, but that still gives me hope, I need two more CBs to complete my set

i've still got 5 seasonals rolleyes.gif

PM me if you wish to trade/transfer

Edited by teslakana

Saw 2 Summers today in the Forest, almost in a row. Got one.

Also one in the AP, missed though.

And also bred all three pairs and all gave me an egg. Hope the eggs found good new owners. c:

Nice to know they're coming back, now breeding Autumns should be easier. At least I hope so.

Edited by Light Concorde

I'm glad they're finally less rare! I've had lots of Summer eggies and hatchies locking me now laugh.gif Someone gifted me this girl for my b-day! I'm so happy, cause I still haven't seen any Summers in the Cave!

Edited by Erica8798

I wish people would not breed the summers now, they might make the seasonals rare in winter/spring again... sad.gif

I have a Summer egg too, it's on my scroll (may be hidden)

I'm personally not really into the Seasonals, but all of the sudden, now I care about how rare they're getting. Haven't seen any in the cave yet, though. Yeah, I hope that the Autumns don't get too rare, 'cause I kind of want to go on a collecting spree with them so I can get a lot of females. I want those females.

Edited by sarrepta1

Not so rare now, I guess. I just bred a summer (to the wrong mate) and am going to breed another one next week in replacement for a hideously inbred one.