Cinnamin Draconna

Choosing where to send abandoned eggs..

Would you like to have a choice about where you send your abandoned eggs?  

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've seen many folk post about wishing they didn't have to send failbreeds to the AP, so what if we had a choice? If say there was a radio button or check box on the abandon and breeding action pages..

1. send this/these egg(s) to the Abandoned Page

2. send this/these egg(s) to the Wilderness

.. the default could be the AP, for those who don't want to bother. But it would give those of us who would like to avoid sending failbreeds to the AP an option.

Personally, I try to avoid breeding my rares to 'blocker breeds' so that my failbreeds might actually be wanted. But some folk breed to 'blocker breeds' because they are more likely to get eggs.. at least this is the reason I'm told, I don't know if it's true or not.

Sooooo, maybe if those folk could send the unwanted failbreed 'blocker breeds' to the wilderness, the AP would be less clogged and AP hunting would be worth doing again.

I mostly hunt the AP these days due to 'blockers' blocking the biomes, and it's VERY frustrating when all I can find on the AP is garbage. If the 'send to the Wilderness' option was allowed, I could reduce the AP clogging by sending the junk to the Wilderness instead of back to the AP. Now sure, my opinion of junk will be different from *your* opinion of junk, but wouldn't the overall result be worth it? (Less clutter in the AP?)

The big downside that I see to this is that TJ has said dragons in the Wilderness don't count towards the ratios. If enough of the usual AP blockers go to the Wilderness instead, the cave will have to create more of those breeds to compensate, blocking the cave instead of the AP.

Even so, this suggestion is NOT meant to do anything about the population ratios. The population ratios are so screwed up already, TJ will need to change the entire game to fix them.

This suggestion is to reduce AP clogging and increase the value of AP eggs.

If you want to fix biome blocking, ask TJ what he's doing about the problem.. he said he was working on it... I just don't think anything is fixed yet, or at least I haven't seen anything showing that a fix has been implemented.

+1 support for this. I've taken to not bothering to hunt anywhere because it's frustrating.

No, if you're breeding a nice pair and you don't want it maybe it's JUST what I was looking for? (Had that happen when I was looking for a really random pairing for my Ice dragon). If you don't want anybody to have it, bite it or kill it.

I am a bit iffy on this. I don't breed my metallics often because of the unwanted eggs they make. Luckily I usually breed my metallics to things that are mildly desirable so releasing them to the wilderness would not hurt anything. So I can see some good to this and some bad.

As for the ratios I'd like to see a blanket ratio for all rarity types, but that would mean assigning the breeds a rarity to begin with.

If you don't want a bred egg to go to the AP, don't breed, or kill/vamp it.

I see no reason why AP-hunters should have to sacrifice just because some people don't like sending eggs there. There already are choices, just kill it if you really can't bear for anyone else to own it. Personally, people's failbreeds are often my favorite AP-picks.

I'm in huge favor of this. I send failbreds to the AP all the time, but I'd like to not send my garbage there. And if you (general) like something I've bred and abandoned so much, there's an open invitation on my profile for pms about being gifted siblings.

So I don't see why my cave hunting should definitely have to suffer for the "maybes" of you possibly seeing something you like in the AP. And when I say you see something you like, it's something you want to raise to adulthood and breed more like it. Anyone who wants things "for freezing" is using a cheap out, since there's no difference between freezing, killing and vamping, either way, that lineage is going nowhere past that point.

Edited by Amut un Rama

I'm in huge favor of this. I send failbreds to the AP all the time, but I'd like to not send my garbage there. And if you (general) like something I've bred and abandoned so much, there's an open invitation on my profile for pms about being gifted siblings.

So I don't see why my cave hunting should definitely have to suffer for the "maybes" of you possibly seeing something you like in the AP. And when I say you see something you like, it's something you want to raise to adulthood and breed more like it. Anyone who wants things "for freezing" is using a cheap out, since there's no difference between freezing, killing and vamping, either way, that lineage is going nowhere past that point.

But your garbage is someone else's WOW ! You don't have to breed dire inbred 27th gen dragons - if you are breeding for something you want, even the failures will be worth having for someone else. I can see this "restricting game play" for someone who breeds totally randomly - but they probably wouldn't think to send to the wilderness anyway.

I'm very much with Marie19R.

If they "wouldn't think to send to the wilderness anyway." how does it limit them if it's default setting is to the AP to begin with? This suggestion merely gives you the option to throw them elsewhere, of your own free will if that's what you desire. This is how I would like to play the game, and unless you opt in, it doesn't affect you in the slightest, by sheer volume of eggs of questionable heredity that go through the AP every day. Why is your method of play, which stops me from playing how I'd like to play, preferable or better than mine?

And you totally missed that part where I said I have no problem breeding X to Y if asked, but if I'm after a specific Y breed, then yes, X is garbage to me. Because I haven't met the person who really dreamt and hoped and prayed for the limestone sibling of this http://dragcave.net/lineage/PmZQq who didn't plan to just freeze it, or was only picking it up to use as a trading token for any of the "clear the blockers" threads and prize-games in the trading threads.

If they "wouldn't think to send to the wilderness anyway." how does it limit them if it's default setting is to the AP to begin with? This suggestion merely gives you the option to throw them elsewhere, of your own free will if that's what you desire. This is how I would like to play the game, and unless you opt in, it doesn't affect you in the slightest, by sheer volume of eggs of questionable heredity that go through the AP every day. Why is your method of play, which stops me from playing how I'd like to play, preferable or better than mine?

And you totally missed that part where I said I have no problem breeding X to Y if asked, but if I'm after a specific Y breed, then yes, X is garbage to me. Because I haven't met the person who really dreamt and hoped and prayed for the limestone sibling of this http://dragcave.net/lineage/PmZQq who didn't plan to just freeze it, or was only picking it up to use as a trading token for any of the "clear the blockers" threads and prize-games in the trading threads.

Did you breed that, though ??? blink.gif

I am not particularly against this suggestion, I just don't think it will make any real change to anything !

I don't think it's so much a matter of eggs like the nocturne, but eggs like these

http://dragcave.net/lineage/hY7q9

http://dragcave.net/lineage/JQY4d

http://dragcave.net/lineage/qav7D

http://dragcave.net/lineage/TBNtO

To me these look like obvious attempts to breed rares and the results were most likely 'throw aways' to the breeder.

For someone like me though I see them first as dragons with a pretty parentage that I like having on my scroll, and secondly I'm perpetually optimistic that I'm going to catch or trade for a CB gold and these will make great lineage starters. biggrin.gif

One mans trash can definitely be another mans treasure and I am glad that I had the opportunity to pick up what someone else tossed away.

--------------------

Feel like I've written a book but thought I'd bring this up too. I like to read the thread about eggs caught in the AP. A lot of the time I'll look at an egg someone is posting about and think, meh, I don't like it. But obviously somebody picked it up and was thrilled with it. You just never know what makes someone else's clock tick.

Edited by Tawanda001

The big downside that I see to this is that TJ has said dragons in the Wilderness don't count towards the ratios.  If enough of the usual AP blockers go to the Wilderness instead, the cave will have to create more of those breeds to compensate, blocking the cave instead of the AP.

Okay, question then. Which is better in your opinion: A CB Mint, or one like this? If the second one was thrown out of the ratios and forced a CB to be made, would that upset you? And you can replace "Mint" with "any common/blocker breed you please". Do you really think she's NOT a Nebula fail? Besides those who hoard the species for the sake of hoarding it, would it not have been better for the breeder to have had the choice to send her to the wilderness as an egg?

Rares often come with messy lines that people want to breed just to get rares (or uncommons). This is obvious just by looking at many of the AP lines. It's pretty easy to see the breeder tossed them just because they weren't the rare they wanted. With this suggestion, breeders who are aware of this can toss their fails to the wilderness, and AP hunters could toss the eggs of those that didn't are to do so themselves.

Yes, some people will be jerks and toss nice things. Some people will toss other people's treasures unintentionally. And some breeders will still be jerks and toss their uglies that they know will sit on the AP for hours regardless on whether or not this comes into play.

TL;DR: I like this idea.

EDIT: Not to say I don't see the other side as well. And yes, I do keep my non-desirable fails. Or don't breed them. Or bite them. That works too. xd.png

Edited by AlternateMew

I believe I support this. It's a nice alternative to biting/killing eggs with poor lineages and having them take up an egg slot for a full day.

Question: Would only the original breeder be allowed to send the egg to the ap, or would anyone picking it up from the ap be allowed to?

Personally, I think it should be the former to restrict people from overdoing it and sending things to the wilderness simply to empty out the ap. That or there should be a limit similar to the kill and freeze limit.

Edited by Daydreamer09

The suggestion as I intend it, allows breeders to send fresh bred failbreeds straight to the Wilderness... AND... allows AP hunters to send 'junk' eggs they find on the AP to the Wilderness also.

How someone else views a good egg vs a bad egg is very subjective.. but what I consider 'junk' is a long, messy, possibly inbred, multi-breed egg that was thrown away for who knows what reason.. i.e. rare failbreed, tinsel failbreed, hybrid failbreed, ALT failbreed or just randomly bred for whatever reason. The particular egg would be worthless for trading or lineages, and probably only good for 'points' in one of the 'clear the AP' type projects.. and somehow, I doubt eggs like that would be missed very much.

As I mentioned in my first post, most of my failbreeds would probably be desirable and I would send them to the AP.. because I don't use blocker breeds as mates for my rares. However, some folk think they have a better chance of getting eggs if they use the most common breeds. True or not, it's done and some of the breeders wish they had a way to keep those failbreeds out of the AP and this suggestion would allow them to do so. The second option is why I want this idea to be implemented.. getting rid of the junk in the AP.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if people were able to send their own fail-breeds to the wilderness instead of the AP. However, I'd be greatly upset if people could send eggs they did not breed themselves to the wilderness. Imagine someone hunting for a nice-lineaged Valentine egg of each V-day breed - and decided to send all those eggs that do not meet his strict definition of "nice-lineaged" straight to the wilderness... Such a player could literally send hundreds of very desirable Valentine eggs to the wilderness, thereby depriving hundreds of players of a catch that would have made their day.

Edited by olympe

The second option is why I want this idea to be implemented.. getting rid of the junk in the AP.

I'm just worried that if people could pick eggs from the ap and send them to the wilderness unrestricted, some might take advantage of it. They'd have a party and reduce the ap to absolutely nothing. If there was a limit, it would force people to be pickier about the eggs they send.

That way, chances would be that more of the eggs you just described would be sent to the wilderness than things people would hope to actually pick up.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if people were able to send their own fail-breeds to the wilderness instead of the AP. However, I'd be greatly upset if people could send eggs they did not breed themselves to the wilderness. Imagine someone hunting for a nice-lineaged Valentine egg of each V-day breed - and decided to send all those eggs that do not meet his strict definition of "nice-lineaged" straight to the wilderness... Such a player could literally send hundreds of very desirable Valentine eggs to the wilderness, thereby depriving hundreds of players of a catch that would have made their day.

This is a really good point.

Technically, a lot of people were doing this with Earthquake before the change. And vamps before ratios went to hell. Given they adjusted both those things, I doubt they'd let this go through. At least with the dead eggs the code was eventually recycled. This would just make the wilderness asplode as large scale mass-breeders could endlessly send eggs to the *dump*

I like this idea, actually, or, part of it.

I think that what would be the most fair is only for the breeders themselves to be allowed to send the eggs to the Wilderness. Aforementioned, what if someone, or a group of people, cleared away a lot of eggs from the AP? I'm not completely sure, but I think that if just the breeders were allowed to do this, it would be more fair because they're the people who actually bred the egg from their own dragons.

Also, in my opinion, there should be a limit. Not a very low one, but not something too high either. Again, as mentioned before, this would make (most) people think about which eggs to send to the Wilderness. Assuming that most people don't and wouldn't breed many, many eggs, this should allow the idea to work out nicely.

Anyways, good idea. I just think it needs a bit of tweaking, is all.

I like this idea, actually, or, part of it.

I think that what would be the most fair is only for the breeders themselves to be allowed to send the eggs to the Wilderness. Aforementioned, what if someone, or a group of people, cleared away a lot of eggs from the AP? I'm not completely sure, but I think that if just the breeders were allowed to do this, it would be more fair because they're the people who actually bred the egg from their own dragons.

Also, in my opinion, there should be a limit. Not a very low one, but not something too high either.

I completely agree with this. If a breeder decides they want their egg in the AP, the person who picks it up should at least have to go through the normal process of raising it to hatchie before they get to release it. If anyone could send an egg to the wilderness, I know it would a) be used when the AP is blocking, and B) would be used by people to filter out eggs that they feel 'aren't nice'.

Heck, a user who is annoyed about other people wanting nice lineages might filter those ones out just for spite!

I think allowing only the breeder to do this, with a cooldown, would make the most sense.

Edited by kerrikins

Breeder only would be nice. But if only the breeder could send the eggs away, what would the point of a limit be? Just curious.

I really do like this idea. I have several 12+ gen rares, and when the produce the other parents egg (depending on the other parents species), I will often dump them. I would rather see them in the wilderness then have them take up room in the AP.

I would rather it be a breeder only option or have a limit, just to keep it from being abused. Although most people would never do this to rares and holidays and such, there are always a few people who love to wreck others fun.

If this is considered, there should be only so many "throw out" points with a cool down time, like how freezing and killing are currently limited.

When you breed, you take the chance of breeding what you don't want. That is part of the game. If you don't want to keep it, you already have a few choices. You either use up a freeze, use up a kill, or use up a slot until the dragon is grown and can be released to the wilderness.... or you can just abandon it.

There should be consequences for your actions. You took a responsibility when you chose to breed that dragon. Only abandoning will release you from that responsibility with no cost to you.

This suggestion, to me, just sounds like a way to get past the kill limit without locking your scroll up. An egg thrown into the woods is a dead egg.

Edited by razi

If this is considered, there should be only so many "throw out" points with a cool down time, like how freezing and killing are currently limited.

When you breed, you take the chance of breeding what you don't want. That is part of the game. If you don't want to keep it, you already have a few choices. You either use up a freeze, use up a kill, or use up a slot until the dragon is grown and can be released to the wilderness.... or you can just abandon it.

There should be consequences for your actions. You took a responsibility when you chose to breed that dragon. Only abandoning will release you from that responsibility with no cost to you.

This suggestion, to me, just sounds like a way to get past the kill limit without locking your scroll up. An egg thrown into the woods is a dead egg.

I think most of us see it s a way to be nice and not fill the AP with our fail eggs, since tossing fails has no consequence to the breeder save for a slight guilt of putting a not pretty egg into the AP.

Did you breed that, though ??? blink.gif

I am not particularly against this suggestion, I just don't think it will make any real change to anything !

Yes I did. I absolutely did and kicked that sucker to the AP the second I could tell it wasn't a tinsel. Because I wanted a tinsel, because I already have a nocturne army and didn't need it. I wanted a tinsel. So please, go find and congratulate the person who was forced to pick up and raise my crap egg, because I'm sure they love the lineage of it.

Why is it so hard for you to deal with someone not wanting to have to do that to other players? If you want to dump things like that to the AP, that's your choice, because I guess that's how you like to play. Whatever.

I don't like clogging up the AP with all the BBW/Nocturne tinselfails I've made so far, but I have to, because vampires don't really work anymore and I don't want my egg slots filled by broken shells which would leave me unable to breed or catch anything else to occupy my time.

I would like the OPTION to put my own bred eggs, that I don't feel anyone would want, elsewhere and not make it another problem for the other users to clean up. And sure, you're gonna have some censorkip.gif*bag who tosses their 4gen even frill/holly/thuwed to the wilderness, and everyone's gonna scream when they see it in the Wilderness. But they scream about the cb metals there too, so big deal.

They're my eggs, I bred them, so I have control of them if I want to kill them, I can. If I want to abandon them in the grab-pit that is the AP, that's fine too (and there are plenty of eggs I do that with, happily). But crap like that nocturne? No one wants that, they only raise it if there's an incentive to do so.