TwilightMoonDragon

Warriors: Reign of Fear

[Vanille: so basically a group of rogues called The Clan are lurking about in all the territories. Cats have caught their scent but haven't seen them. In RiverClan Oakpaw/Lightningstar are battle training (Oakpaw with his heightened senses caught the scent of the rogues) and Bluepaw/Streampelt are hunting. In ShadowClan I believe Pepperpaw has scented the rogues and is now discussing it with Leafpath...? In ThunderClan I think Lionstar/Emberpaw/Quietpaw are training, but I'm not sure. :3 In WindClan Hazelpaw was doing an assessment with her mentor Breezeflight, then caught the scent of the rogues, but Breezeflight told her to continue hunting. I think that's all~ Will edit. :3]

Bluepaw nodded in reply to what Streampelt had said. "That's fine with me," she meowed. Her mentor dropped into the hunting crouch, looking over. Guessing that Streampelt wanted Bluepaw to copy her, the apprentice lowered herself. Her paws were positioned awkwardly. Realizing this and not sure how to change it, the embarrassed dark grey-blue she-cat blushed and curled up her tail. Fishing was a lot easier; you just needed to make sure you were in the right place. How you positioned your body didn't really matter as long as you were able to hook the fish up with your claws and didn't cast a shadow over the water. Bluepaw sighed and shifted her position slightly. She now felt more awkward and gave up.

((you forgot to mention Mint and Shadow peanut tongue.gif but yeah i think that's everything happy.gif; I'm for skipping to the gathering i just need to get this post up first...))

Streampelt looked over at her apprentice and saw that the move was a bit awkward for her. As she saw the other give up she said in reassurance as she straightened up again, "That's okay. We'll go back to that later. Let's work on the stalking and the leaping now. After that, we'll go for live prey with those moves before moving to the river in order to catch some fish and we might be able to make it back before the gathering." She then started to crawl as if she was stalking something before stopping and looking at Bluepaw for her to do it next.

Edited by Dragonpelt

[Oh sorry Choco xd.png *skips to Gathering*]

Lightningstar waited at the camp entrance for everyone planning to go to the Gathering. "Oakpaw," she called. "Get over here." Her apprentice was talking to Bluepaw again; the leader's sharp eyes detected a disappointed look on the other apprentice's face. "Bluepaw, go find your mentor," she meowed kindly. Bluepaw nodded and padded off. The young cat was so obedient; Streampelt had told Lightningstar how much she liked her apprentice. Bluepaw was eager and learned fast, and didn't question authority. If only Oakpaw was like that. "Jayflight?" she checked to make sure her deputy was ready. "All right, let's go." Lightningstar led her Clan to the Gathering site. They were the first ones there.

((it's fine happy.gif))

Streampelt and Bluepaw had gotten back to camp just in time for the gathering with all of the fresh-prey that they had caught and Streampelt was now laying down in a corner in the clearing waiting to be called for the gathering. When Bluepaw came over to her, she got up and followed her apprentice to where Lightningstar was waiting for everyone before following the latter to the Moonpond where the gathering was held. She settled down in the clearing with her clanmates and saw that they were the only ones there so far. She wondered when the other three clans would get there as she looked around the clearing. She avoided looking at Jayflight since she knew that she could blush like crazy when she saw him and also think about how cute he was. She didn't want to be distracted when the gathering started even if she did like him and even if he was older than she was by seven moons.

Edited by Dragonpelt

[*cough* delete post *cough*]

"Come on, we're going to the Gathering," Bluepaw meowed to her mentor excitedly. Streampelt, lying in the corner, got up and Bluepaw trotted off behind Lightningstar, knowing that her mentor was behind her. When they got there, the apprentice noted with disappointment that no one was there yet. She was looking forward to talking with Hazelpaw, with whom she had chatted with the last Gathering and would consider a friend. Bluepaw spotted Oakpaw near Lightningstar and made her way over to him. "Hey," she mewed lightly, trying not to blush. "You never finished telling me that story about the fox." The apprentice's eyes were shining with admiration; Oakpaw was so brave! She couldn't wait to hear more about how he fought it off.

Edited by Stunningfire

((i did just now; sorry it took so long to do user posted image and Shadow is sneaking up on Mint ninja.gif))

Shadow found where Mint had gone and was now in a clump of bushes nearby, watching him. She knew that it was a bit creepy to be doing this but it's been awhile since they just played and had fun so she thought she'd do it again now. She just waited for the right time to pounce on him so that she wouldn't scare any prey that he might have found and was now hunting away. He'd be so mad at her afterward and she didn't like it when he was mad at her for a stupid or foolish thing that she had done. She figured that he would probably detect her scent before she made her move but she didn't care. Now she just waited patiently for the right time to do what she wanted to do.

Edited by Dragonpelt

Lionstar brought his Clan to the Gathering site as well. The golden tom made his way over to the branch and watched as RiverClan mingled with ThunderClan. RiverClan was the first one there, which was quite rare. Usually RiverClan was the second one to the Gathering or maybe even the last. WindClan came next, led by Breezeflight. The extremely young tom bounded swiftly and gracefully to the pool edge, looking into the surface. Silverpelt was shown clearly in the reflection, though everyone knew that StarClan was not there to begin with. They had abandoned them.

Leafpath of ShadowClan made her way to the pond edge as well. Emberpaw was chatting with Quietpaw, pointing her tail toward the other Clans. "Let's speak to Streampelt!"

Streampelt looked over towards where ThunderClan was when she heard two apprentices from there speak her name. She wondered what they wanted to speak to her about but then just figured that she would find out the answer to that question soon. As she waited, she sat down instead of laying down so that she would be able to make herself more comfortable that way. This would also help get her mind off of Jayflight. Not that she wanted to but it might be better to be able to hear the other leaders' announcements without her mind wandering elsewhere. It did that sometimes but for once, she just wanted to be able to focus on one thing instead of a dozen or so things.

Quietpaw nodded. He loved Gatherings. It was his favorite time to observe the other Clans. The stereotypes of the Clans held true with each. As Quietpaw was contemplating this, he heard a strange noise. It was a yowl, but it seemed to be muffled. The next scene was less than good. Quietpaw instinctively moved to protect Emberpaw from whatever approached them. He opened his jaws and let the scent roll in. To his dismay, he found it to be the scent of the others. Of the other Rogues who had approached them before.

~~~

Eagle led the way. He stepped into the clearing and his eyes landed on the distinct black and white pelt of the apprentice he had met before. He smiled, a grimace really. What a nuisance. Behind him, The Clan came with their three Rogue prisoners. His eyes floated to where the Leaders sat, high and pompous. The Clan dragged the Rogues to Eagle's side. "Thank you, Ream and thank you Ignis." He said softly. He turned his face to the skies and gazed at the stars. The foolish Clans had been led to believe in StarClan. He would give them what they wanted, just as he gave the Rogues who followed him. "ThunderClan, RiverClan, and... WindClan. I bring to you, three Rogues who were hunting on your territories. By the wish of StarClan, I present them to you now. I am Eagle. I lead The Clan." A chorus of mumblings erupted from the crowd.

((Thank you for recap happy.gif So, I assume my cats are at the gathering too...? Oh, and I get confused on who's leader of which clan ^^"))

Moonpaw had just remembered that that night there was a gathering. Forgetting about the herbs she needed, she ran along with the group of cats chosen to go to the gathering. As they reached the Moonpond, she looked around, surprised that they were the first ones there. As ThunderClan cats streamed in, she didn't seem to recognize any of the apprentices or warriors. "Well, I guess that's what you get when you're cooped up in the medicine cat's den all day," she muttered under her breath. WindClan streamed in shortly after, but ShadowClan hadn't arrived yet. Then, a group of strange cats, rogues, Moonpaw thought, tumbled into the clearing. THe fur on her neck began to stand up, and she muttered something to herself.

Ravenfrost's paws tingled with excitement, like a kit would. It was only her third gathering, but she knew she shouldn't be acting like an apprentice. As the reached the Moonpond, the sleek black she-cat shook her head in disbelief. "RiveClan? First ones here?" she exclaimed a little too loudly. Giving her chest fur a couple of embarrassed licks, she sat down, taking in the scents of all the cats around her. Ravenfrost looked on as more ctas came into the clearing. THe scent of them hit her hard, and she thought she recognized that scent from when she had gone hunting with a patrol. Shaking her head, she looked warily at the group of cats, muttering to herself.

(Editted ^^ As I was posting this, Kokay posted happy.gif))

Edited by VanilleFF13

"Rogues hunting on our territory?" Lionstar got up, narrowing his yellowish amber eyes. He flicked his tail once or twice, his claws scraping the wood above the Moonpond. "And you are a Clan? StarClan has always said that there will always be four Clans in the forest, not five. The fifth one was driven out by WindClan, ThunderClan, ShadowClan, and RiverClan. Their name was SkyClan. Do you really think that you should be a Clan of cats.."

"Those are the cats that Quietpaw and I saw the other day!" Emberpaw cried, watching the cats warily.

Lightningstar stood up, her tail lashing from side to side as Lionstar spoke. Her eyes were narrowed to small green slits. With surprise, Emberpaw cried out that she and Quietpaw had seen the rogues the other day; Hazelpaw from WindClan chimed in as well. "I scented them too, while I was having my assessment," the apprentice meowed shyly, glancing nervously at her mentor Breezeflight. Lightningstar frowned, her mind working furiously as her fur bristled. She had scented the rogues too; or Oakpaw did, mostly, but it had slipped her mind. She raised her tail for silence.

"It certainly seems suspicious that you are the one to bring these rogues to us," she meowed. "Perhaps you should let them speak themselves. And I agree with Lionstar: you may be a group of cats, perhaps, but you certainly aren't a Clan." Her frown deepened. A Clan was defined as cats who lived by the warrior code and consisted of a leader, deputy, medicine cat, warriors, mentors and apprentices. Certainly not a group of rogues.

Mint cleared his throat nervously. "Hello," he mewed rapidly before these cats that called themselves "The Clan" could silence him. "I am Mint. I promise, I was not hunting on your land. My parents made a pact with the Clans before I was born; we would stay off your land, you wouldn't bother us. I was hunting when they grabbed us, certainly, but I swear, it wasn't on your land." He swallowed, eyes wide in fear. "Shadow here can tell you." He motioned to the pitch black furred she-cat standing silently next to him.

Bluepaw stared at the rogue cats, her eyes wide. Her fur began to bristle in panic and she instinctively pressed closer to Oakpaw. "What's The Clan?" she whispered, scared. "There's always been four Clans, like Lionstar says. Well, besides SkyClan. These are just rogues." She wished she could ask her mentor, but Streampelt was on the other side of the Gathering site and she didn't want to walk over there to ask her. All the cats were standing motionless and she would surely be noticed. Besides, she much preferred having Oakpaw by her side.

Edited by Stunningfire

Moonpaw listened to Lionstar speak, knowing what he spoke was the truth. She had heard stories about SkyClan, but not much. Maybe she would hear something about them here at the gathering, she thought. But wait, why had Lionstar spoke of StarClan? StarClan has abandoned us; I don't see any reason to speak of them now. Maybe it was because she was a medicine cat that she felt a twinge of anger and disdain towards StarClan. As the rogues stated themselves a Clan, Moonpaw spit at them a nasty hiss, not audible to any cats but those sitting close to her. These cats are not a Clan. They never will be. She inspected the group of cats with hatred in her eyes.

Ravenfrost listened closely to what Lionstar said. So, rogues have been hunting in our territory? Maybe that was what that scent was..? Whatever it was, these rogues must be punished! No one steals prey from ThunderClan territory! Ravenfrost starting flexing her claws, shooting a look at her leader, motioning that she would attack if asked to. As more cats said they had scented the rogues, Ravenfrost realized that these cats must have been hunting in all the Clan's territory. That means they're bad news, she thought, eyeing them warily.

Edited by VanilleFF13

Shadow stood beside Mint and said when it was her turn to speak, "Like Mint told you we weren't hunting on your land. We have a camp that's far away from your territories and we hunt in only that area and that area alone. I promise that we didn't go on your land at all. These rogues are lying about that." She then backed up a pace and continued to look at the leaders. She didn't want to seem as if she was a threat or whatever they might view her as if she had stayed where she was before.

((sorry, i was gone))

Oakpaw smiled when Bluepaw asked him about that fox. Just then, the scent he smelled when they where out training apeared again, and a large pack of cats emerged. They where the cats he had scented. Oakpaw's eyes narrowed to slits. Bluepaw inched closer to him and he let her. The cats accused the rouges of hunting in their teritory. "They are lying." he whispered to Bluepaw. Oakpaw hadn't smelled the rouges on their land, any of the real clan's land, for that matter. "They are lying." he said again, loud enough for all the cats next to him to hear. But of course, who would believe an apprentice?

Bluepaw blinked as Oakpaw whispered to her that the rogues were lying. "How do you know for sure?" she whispered back, eyes wide. Her eyes got even wider when Oakpaw repeated it, louder, and she felt the eyes of many cats on him. What was he doing? There was no way he could know for sure. Then Mint and Shadow spoke. "They seem like nice cats," Bluepaw mewed quietly to Oakpaw. "I think they're telling the truth. But there's no way to know if the rogues we scented were this . . . The Clan, or Mint and Shadow." She waited to see how the leaders would handle this.

"No. I know Bluepaw. You should too. Don't you cats smell it? The thick scent of dirt hanging on the 'The Clan'" He hissed the last word. "These cats are inocient. They smell differently. It's so obvious!" he stepped up, away from Bluepaw and regretted it for a moment. Oakpaw felt gazes of cats on him and a few whispers directed toward the very disrespectful apprentice. "Lightningstar! You were with me." he said and looked at his mentor and leader. "How can you even trust the word of these imposters? How do they even dare to attend our gathering, anyway?! They have no right!" He hissed, ignoring the shocked replies. But Oakpaw didn't care, he wasn't scared of anything or anyone, or he at least didn't show it.

Ravenfrost jerked her head around to spot the apprentice who called out, somewhat in shock, but also in curiosity. She strained her neck to see above the sea of cats, and soon spotted the tom. She recognized him as Oakpaw from RiverClan. Daring to speak, she stepped forward, her intentions well. "What if they are lying, and this apprentice speaks the truth?" she called out. She glanced slightly at the tom, studying him closely. He looked like he was indeed speaking the truth, or at least he believed he was.

Moonpaw's eyes widened as she recognized the voice of the cat who called out. She couldn't really believe he would do such a disrespectful thing. And in front of a Gathering too! She shook her head. Even though she agreed with what Oakpaw said, he shouldn't have just called out like that. When a black she-cat with a white speckled muzzle and white paws also spoke up, she looked over. Moonpaw couldn't recognize the warrior, but her scent told Moonpaw she was from ThunderClan. She must believe what Oakpaw says, she thought.

Edited by VanilleFF13

Pepperpaw watched Eagle, Mint, and Shadow carefully. Eagle's story wasn't convincing at all, at least not to her. Why would he trespass on Clan territory, to say that more rouges were trespassing on Clan territory? He and his 'Clan' were either really stupid, or they had something more sinister planned. By the look of him, the latter. He was the one that was lying, and Mint and Shadow... they were telling the truth. There was also fear in their eyes, like The Clan had roughed them up a bit as they captured them or something. Whatever the case, Pepperpaw didn't think that The Clan were trustworthy, and it seemed like Oakpaw thought the same. Couldn't everyone else see that Mint and Shadow were telling the truth? And besides, The Clan had been the ones in ShadowClan's territory. "Oakpaw is right! They're telling the truth! I scented The Clan, as they call themselves, on ShadowClan territory!" she yowled boldly out to the crowd. It didn't cross her mind that she was only an apprentice, and that they might just ignore her.

Edited by Backup77

"Silence! It is the will of StarClan that I am here now! They are furious with your abandonment. A true warrior would not fear to kill those who would first kill them. See now, the test of a true warrior!" Eagle yowled. The third Rogue, a scrawny and elderly tom was thrown forward. He had been in their care for many a day. At once, Eagle stepped forward himself and stood at the side of the Rogue. "You who refuse to accept StarClan, let it be known what will happen to you!" He glared at Mint and then Shadow. At once, in a motion almost too swift to be seen by normal eyes, he bent his head and bit hard. The Rogue in front of his let out a dying cry that was wet with blood.

~~~

Quietpaw was outraged. He was not the type of cat ti be si easuky frustrated, but upon seeing such treachery himself, he could not contain the fire in his blood. "You're a liar, Eagle! Take your Rogues and go back home! And leave your prisoners with us, mousebrain." He yowled. But, the fearless tom didn't stop there. He ran forwards, hackles raised and teeth bared. "Leave now." He hissed.

~~~

Eagle was amused to say the least. Ignis came instantly and removed the still alive body. It wouldn't be alive much longer. "This is what happens to traitors of StarClan. We were once Rogues, yes. But, StarClan came to me and told me what must be done. There are cats who would have you do evil, but StarClan will not have it! We are here to remind you of where your loyalties lie! To StarClan, or die!" The cats behind Eagle heard his words and took up the chant. "To StarClan, or die!" They yowled. The black and white cat in front of him shrunk. He was obviously terrified.

Oakpaw's eyes grew wide. He stepped back to Bluepaw and almost nocked her down. His hair raised on end. He let out a yowl when the leader bit down on the rouge. The stench of blood filled his nose, the rise of the chanting pounded on his eardrums, and he could feel the terror radiating from the crowd. Who where these monsters?!

Silverpaw let out a gasp, shocked. She shrunk away into the saftey of the crowd. She was down low in a defensive position, and covered her ears with her paws. What were the leaders going to do? She didn't want to die!

Edited by Laurarockstar

Lightningstar froze in shock. "Leave," she meowed, her voice icy cold as she stared menacingly at Eagle. "Who are you to trespass on our territory and falsely accuse these rogues of hunting on our land?" Her voice shook as she struggled to compose herself. "Who are you to kill a cat before our very eyes, disrupting our Gathering? Blood is not to be spilled here, during a full moon." Her green eyes were filled with hate. "I believe what our apprentices are saying. I also believe that though StarClan has abandoned us, they would not go so far as to threaten us with . . . a group of rogues who call themselves The Clan who kill cats without mercy."

Bluepaw shook fiercely in terror, not noticing when Oakpaw backed up and almost knocked her down. A cat had just been killed in front of her. What was this? She could barely hear Lightningstar as the leader continued to talk. "If you leave now and do not bother us any more, we will let you go in peace." Bluepaw screwed up her eyes and hoped against hope that the rogues would listen. She didn't think she had ever been more scared in her life.

Streampelt had just been sitting quietly with the other cats when a clan of rogues came forward with two hostages that they claimed were hunting on their land. She heard the two rogues, Mint and Shadow, give their side of the story and didn't know how she knew but she felt that they were telling the truth where the other cats that called themselves "The Clan" weren't. She then heard Oakpaw and Quietpaw speak up against the rogues before the leader had one of his own members killed right in front of them. Her eyes were wide in surprise and in fear as she saw that and heard what Eagle said about StarClan. Her eyes then narrowed to thin slits upon hearing that, knowing that it wasn't true that they'd do such a thing even if their ancestors abandoned them. She wanted to tell them to leave but before she could, Lightningstar beat her to it. She didn't mind that one bit since she figured that she wouldn't have been able to do it anyway.

((edited; sorry user posted image))

Edited by Dragonpelt

[...wait... Bluepaw didn't say anything xd.png she was listening to Lightningstar talk. sorry if that wasn't clear~]