TwilightMoonDragon

Warriors: Reign of Fear

((Yes! biggrin.gif It'll do Quiet some good.))

Quietpaw dipped his head. Emberpaw and he had shared many a mouse. More than one cat in the Clan thought that they would, at some point, be mates. Quietpaw hated the idea. He loved Emberpaw, but he just couldn't imagine being anything more than friends with her. He dipped his head once more when Lionstar came towards them and told them it would be time to practice when they were done. He took a bite out of the mouse, letting Emberpaw eat. She always seemed to eat more than he did. That was his choice though. He wasn't hungry. He was a small cat and didn't need much to be full. "Yes, Lionstar." He replied softly. He could barely hear it, but was accustomed to talking so low in camp. The others could hear it fine.

((xd.png

And I will, Backup~ I just need to get on a good computer n stuff.))

Breezeflight rolled his eyes and sat down on his haunches. The black turned his head toward the wind and sniffed. A heartbeat later, he hissed loudly. What was that stench-?! It wasn't RiverClan, but it smelled as if it had been combined with ShadowClan scent! Disgusting! Hissing a bit more, be shook his head roughly. Perhaps he could go and assess Hazelpaw some more. That mousebrain probably missed another rabbit. Crouching down, he crept into the brush after her.

Emberpaw looked up in surprise when Lionstar came down from his sunning place. She dipped her head to show that she understood and finished the rest of her mouse before bouncing lightly. "What are we gonna do today?" she asked, eager. She knew the moves that the Clans knew already, and knew how to create them. But she just needed to perfect them. The nice cats had told her that she would be training do defend her Clans-!

"We're going to see how you two do in fighting," Lionstar said. "I'm going to put you two in a mock fight." and so, he started to lead them toward the training hollow.

Edited by TwilightMoonDragon

Quietpaw stood up. Lionstar was planning on training them in a mock fight. Quietpaw wasn't the best, and he knew it. But, amongst the apprentices, he prided himself in his strength. He wasn't good at doing the well known and mostly taught moves, but he always had a clam mind when fighting and, thus, did very well. H thought on his feet and was always able to take others by surprise. Of course, that sometimes meant sticking out his neck, but he was always willing to take a few hits in order to win the battle. He followed and waited for Lionstar to give the word.

((You can bring in The Clan whenever you want, Koko. ^^))

"Alright." Lionstar paused as he reached the training hollow, turning toward the two apprentices before him. Emberpaw looked eager, while Quietpaw was quiet as always. "Pretend that Emberpaw is a WindClan intruder, aiming to attack you. What should you look out for?"

"Their size and speed!" Emberpaw cried out. "WindClan is small and scrawny- they could get under you and rake your belly!"

"How about ShadowClan?" Lionstar looked to Quietpaw for an answer.

((Thanks))

Pepperpaw raced into camp, wondering who she should tell about the strange scents she had smelled in the forest. Leafpath, maybe. Or Boulderpaw. Whichever one she found first. Leafpath would be her first choice, maybe because she was older and more experienced, but she had to tell someone about the strange cats that must be somewhere in ShadowClan territory, because if she didn't soon she felt like she would explode. It had been hard enough not to just go run and find them herself. Dropping the mouse onto the fresh-kill pile, she ran over to the medicine cat den, ducking into it when she got there. "Leafpath?" she called, hoping the she-cat was there.

((Blah, short post))

Rabbit . . . grass . . . mice . . . cat? Hazelpaw blinked, surprised, as she picked up the undeniable scent of cat. That was strange. She remembered Breezeflight saying that he had ordered no patrols here so that Hazelpaw could have the advantage of not being distracted; something that he had said, sneering, she didn't deserve. Whatever. Hazelpaw breathed in deeper and realized with a start that the cats she were scenting did not have the familiar WindClan scent on them. The scent was strong; there was at least three cats lurking. Hazelpaw's heart pounded faster, her mind racing.

After thinking the situation over a second, the apprentice decided that if the cats she had detected were really intruders, there was no way she could possibly defeat them in battle. If they came in peace to deliver a message to the Clan leader, it was best to let Breezeflight, as WindClan's deputy, to handle that. Although . . . Hazelpaw took another whiff. It didn't seem like they were from another Clan. Ah, well. She turned around and loped back, running into Breezeflight halfway. "I scent cats," she announced. "Strange cats." Don't yell at me, don't be mad, stay calm, she pleaded, fixing her mentor with an intense gaze.

[Lightningstar gets a new color. :3]

Lightningstar waited, her sharp eyes ready to detect what was wrong with Oakpaw's jump. She saw his eyes narrowing in concentration . . . and all of a sudden, he started gagging. Well. That was unexpected. The leader blinked, then hurried to his side as he complained about ThunderClan cats smelling so strongly of dirts. What ThunderClan cats . . . ? The breeze blew again, and Lightningstar concentrated hard, barely picking up the scent. Wow, Oakpaw's senses are really strong, she observed, frowning slightly in puzzlement as she followed him. She couldn't smell the cats until the breeze blew, so in between when the air was still, she just had to trust that Oakpaw knew what he was doing.

[Edit: Wait... Choco... the training area is currently being taken by Oakpaw+Lightningstar xd.png]

Edited by Stunningfire

((then they're in another area close by to the actual training area))

[Oh I see.~ And they probably won't scent the strange cats because Lightningstar can barely scent them, and she's closer to them than Blue+Stream. Right? unsure.gif]

Bluepaw pranced happily after her mentor, feeling as if she would burst with excitement. "What are we hunting today, Streampelt?" Bluepaw asked eagerly. Her pale blue eyes shone. "Can we try birds? I've mastered fish . . . I think," she added hastily, trying not to be too arrogant. "At least, I'm sure I can catch quite a few given the time." They neared the RiverClan training grounds, and Bluepaw could hear Oakpaw's and Lightningstar's voices. Obviously Streampelt could as well, as they veered off so that they wouldn't disturb the training session that was obviously going on. "I think," Bluepaw continued thoughtfully, "that I need to practice my stalking skills. Will you please help me, Streampelt?" She fell silent, aware that she was probably being annoying.

Breezeflight stared for a while at the brush, looking around for his apprentice. Where was Hazelpaw..? The black tom blinked a bit when Hazelpaw stated that there were strange cats around. It was obvious that there were... But it seemed to be coming from beyond WindClan territory... "Ignore it." he stated dryly, flicking his tail toward the brush again. "You hunt. The scent is coming from another Clan's territory. Now, I'm telling you that if you don't catch one mouse, I'm not leaving here and neither are you."

"Comfrey, catmint, yew berries..." Leafpath sighed and pushed the berries into a bundle of leaves. She had no use for them. Deathberries were dangerous, and she only kept them of a cat wanted to be put out of their misery. It was half moon tonight- she had to go to the Moonpond tonight. Even I she had to go by herself... "Pepperpaw..." she looked up, tipping her head to the side. "Hello. I was hoping a cat would look in here... I need you to go with me to Moonpond tonight."

Edited by TwilightMoonDragon

Hazelpaw blinked. Well, at least he didn't yell at me, for one thing, she told herself. I should try the intense-gaze thing more. "All right, Breezeflight," Hazelpaw meowed, but she took a different path than she had earlier. Whatever her mentor said, Hazelpaw was sure that the scent indeed was indeed not coming from another Clan's territory. Maybe he couldn't smell it clearly, but where she had been earlier, the scent was strong and definitely nearby. The apprentice wanted to take a different route just in case they were rogues wanting to attack the first Clan cat they saw.

"Lightningstar!" Oakpaw panicked. "What's that smell?" he demanded, stopping at the border. He shook himslef, as if there where flys all over him. The brown cat slid to the ground and started crawling in a very defenisve position, he probably looked stupid, but the young c at was suddenly scared. After realuzing his idiotic posture he jumped up again, and sighed. "You know, i don't care, Thunderclan can handle their own problem. " he grumbled, embarassed for his sudden outburst.

((Wait what about boulderpaw? He is Leafpath's apprentice right?

And didn't i send u a char sheet for Windclan's leader/deputy? *feels like she is over working TMD*))

Edited by Laurarockstar

"I don't know," Lightningstar meowed. Her green eyes were narrowed, her fur bristling. The jet-black she-cat was crouched in a similiar position. She could smell the strange cat scent more clearly now. "It's not ThunderClan, that's for sure," the leader meowed, using her tail to block Oakpaw from running away as he jumped up. After a few more heartbeats of trying unsuccessfully to identify the strange cat-scent, the leader gave up. She got to her paws and began walking back to the training place, still feeling wary. "Probably a few rogues lurking about," the RiverClan leader meowed, trying to convince herself as much as Oakpaw. "ThunderClan will take care of that themselves." She flicked a tail dismissively. "Now, that was a very good crouch you were in earlier," Lightningstar commented approvingly.

((>:D I can make it miserable for everyone!!! biggrin.gif))

Quietpaw looked steadily at Lionstar. Emberpaw had beaten him to the chase the first time, but slow and steady and silent won the race. "In the case of a ShadowClan invader, it's best to keep your eyes open for dirty tricks. They're more likely to attack in dangerous ways, and they're very thoughtful. RiverClan warriors are stronger than we are, but lack the stamina we retain... But, Lionstar, what do we do when we fight Rogues?" Quietpaw was going out on a limb here, but he needed to know what to do, should it come to a battle.

((Yeah, but Leaf needs Pepper to defend them on the way to the Moonpond. ^^))

Lionstar nodded at Quietpaw. He sure was the smart one. Emberpaw was happy that her friend had gotten the questions right. Oh, but he was asking about rogues now. Emberpaw kept her head down as Lionstar looked up in surprise. "Rogues? Sure, I know how to fight against rogues... But why do you want to know- never mind. You should know just in case. Rogues and loners shouldn't be faced by yourself. They kill without mercy. Well, some of the them do..."

((I didn't get the PM...))

((@ peanut: yeah i think so and don't forget about Mint *poke* tongue.gif; @ coke: uh-oh ninja.gif...it's also very nice to be rping with you again biggrin.gif))

Bluepaw pranced happily after her mentor, feeling as if she would burst with excitement. "What are we hunting today, Streampelt?" Bluepaw asked eagerly. Her pale blue eyes shone. "Can we try birds? I've mastered fish . . . I think," she added hastily, trying not to be too arrogant. "At least, I'm sure I can catch quite a few given the time." They neared the RiverClan training grounds, and Bluepaw could hear Oakpaw's and Lightningstar's voices. Obviously Streampelt could as well, as they veered off so that they wouldn't disturb the training session that was obviously going on. "I think," Bluepaw continued thoughtfully, "that I need to practice my stalking skills. Will you please help me, Streampelt?" She fell silent, aware that she was probably being annoying.

Streampelt listened to everything that Bluepaw said before they got to an area just a few fox-lengths away from where Oakpaw and Lightningstar were training. When they arrived at the spot she said in reply to everything that her apprentice said and asked, "I was thinking that we could try working on hunting birds and yes we can. We'll work a bit more on catching fish afterward so that you can be better at that. As to working on your stalking skills a bit more, we can work on that while hunting mice and squirrels and landed birds but we'll have to work on a leaping move in order to hunt birds if they're in the air and flying away from you if you accidentally scare them off. First, we'll work on the crouch and then we'll work on stalking and leaping. After all that, we'll go after some live prey; mice, squirrels, and birds and later, fish." She then got into the crouch that they used in order to hunt mice, squirrels, and landed birds before looking over at her apprentice to see how well she did it.

Pepperpaw was about to blurt out what had happened, but was interrupted by Leafpath, who was sorting herbs. "What?" she mewed, and blinked once or twice before she realized what the medicine cat had said. "Oh, sure I'll come! But why me? What about Boulderpaw?" She hardly needed to ask the question. By the time the words had finished tumbling from her mouth, she realized that Leafpath wanted her along in case anything went wrong. Without waiting for an answer to her question, Pepperpaw continued to speak. "But, Leafpath, there's something I need to tell you. When I was hunting, I scented a couple of strange cats in ShadowClan territory. They weren't from any Clan I know, and there was at least three. I don't know where they are, because I just ran back to tell the Clan." She paused for a second. "Do you think they're going to attack ShadowClan?" Pepperpaw looked into Leafpath's eyes. She'd know if the medicine cat was lying.

Mint fixed his eyes upon the mouse. Making sure he was downwind of it, the rogue stalked forward slowly. His tail was pressed lightly to the ground. When he was close enough, Mint pounced. His claws sank into the mouse's flesh as he nipped the mouse's neck. It went limp in his paws. Feeling a thrill of satisfaction, Mint buried the mouse in the ground so that no cat would steal it before he could come back for it. He wasn't sure why he bothered, as no cat or other animal larger than prey really came around his and Shadow's hunting grounds. However, Mint supposed that it was better safe than sorry. Shrugging, Mint finished burying it and padded off in search of other prey.

"So, it would be safer to fight Rogues and Loners with the help of other Clan cats? I see then..." Quietpaw muttered. That advice sounded like what a cat would do fighting any other group. Never alone. But, he didn't question his Leader's advice. After all, Lionstar had been around far longer than himself and there was absolutely no reason for Quietpaw to question Lionstar's advice. It had been sound every other time. "Do they fight like us?" Quietpaw looked up. Of course all of the Clan cats had certain moves they used when fighting. But, did the Rogues?

Shadow woke up from her small nap and stretched a bit before getting up and walking around their camp. She didn't see Mint anywhere and figured that he was still out hunting. She got another piece of fresh-kill from the pile before settling down to eat it while thinking a bit. As she ate her vole, she thought about sneaking up on Mint while he was hunting in order to just have a bit of fun. It would definitely give her something to do instead of staying in camp with nothing to do. After she had finished her other meal, she left the camp and then sneaked off in the direction that Mint had gone in, in order to hunt.

((Hi! Just got accepted happy.gif And recap would be helpful :3))

Ravenfrost woke up in the warrior's den in the familiar ThunderClan territory. Yawning, she stretched her sleek black legs and padded out, the sun shining through the trees, dappling her fur. Looking around, she padded towards the fresh-kill pile, choosing a small vole as her meal.

Settling down to eat it, she purred before taking her first bite.

Moonpaw sniffed through the den, the aroma of herbs wafting all around her. "Hmm...we're short on poppy seeds and marigold," she said with a sigh. "I'm glad we won't be needed them any time soon."

Padding out of the den, the scent of RiverClan all around her, the sound of the rushing rivers in her ears, she looked around for a warrior to take with her to go look for the herbs she needed. Deciding to grab something to eat before she left, she took a small pike from the pile. Enjoying the flavor of her favorite prey, she purred with happiness.

"Unfortunately, no," Lionstar answered, furrowing his brow even more. "Rogues and loners right dirty. They might claw at your eyes so you can't see, or they might attack from behind, or maybe get some sand in your eyes." he turned toward Emberpaw. "That's how your mother, Flameheart, died. She was attacked by a rogue. Though I killed the rogue when I found him. He was a huge black tom cat, and bore the scars of multiple fights. Now, shall we get back to training?"

((Editing))

"Yes, Lionstar." Quietpaw replied softly. There was nothing to be done then. A Clan cat had to fight like a Rogue in order to overcome their more violent counterpart in a battle. That was that. There was no two ways about it. "I am sorry for both of your loss." He said, looking at both. In truth, he was. His own mother had died recently of greencough. It had been traumatic, but Quietpaw was held up by Emberpaw.

[Vanille: so basically a group of rogues called The Clan are lurking about in all the territories. Cats have caught their scent but haven't seen them. In RiverClan Oakpaw/Lightningstar are battle training (Oakpaw with his heightened senses caught the scent of the rogues) and Bluepaw/Streampelt are hunting. In ShadowClan I believe Pepperpaw has scented the rogues and is now discussing it with Leafpath...? In ThunderClan I think Lionstar/Emberpaw/Quietpaw are training, but I'm not sure. :3 In WindClan Hazelpaw was doing an assessment with her mentor Breezeflight, then caught the scent of the rogues, but Breezeflight told her to continue hunting. I think that's all~ Will edit. :3]

Bluepaw nodded in reply to what Streampelt had said. "That's fine with me," she meowed. Her mentor dropped into the hunting crouch, looking over. Guessing that Streampelt wanted Bluepaw to copy her, the apprentice lowered herself. Her paws were positioned awkwardly. Realizing this and not sure how to change it, the embarrassed dark grey-blue she-cat blushed and curled up her tail. Fishing was a lot easier; you just needed to make sure you were in the right place. How you positioned your body didn't really matter as long as you were able to hook the fish up with your claws and didn't cast a shadow over the water. Bluepaw sighed and shifted her position slightly. She now felt more awkward and gave up.

Edited by Stunningfire