TwilightMoonDragon

Warriors: Reign of Fear

"You wouldn't have heard me if I was stalking." He said quietly. Everything about him was quiet. It almost bothered him. But, Quietpaw wasn't easily bothered. He looked at the bird. Not much meat on it at all. He sighed. He knew he should be hunting, but he couldn't hear well. He would never hear a mouse in the brush, he just had to smell them and see them. It wasn't uncommon to see Quietpaw in a tree, watching the forest before stalking prey. It was the only way he could hunt. He had to see and smell better than he could hear. "Let me help take the prey back?"

~~~

A tall, thick form walked through the forest. It was brown, long furred, and had a certain strength radiating from it. Close behind the cat, there were 12 others, all young and strong like the first. They called themselves The Clan. They followed Eagle. No cat knew much about Eagle, but he was their leader. He had orders from the ancestors. Whenever something did not happen the way Eagle instructed, their ancestors let them know. It was frightening. So, Eagle, the first cat, led them on. They were in the territory of ThunderClan. They had already passed through the other territories without any notice. But, now, they saw two cats. Young. One was black and white, the other was white and tortiseshelled. Eagle's tail twitched and the 12 others stayed behind as he entered the clearing alone. "Hello, young ThunderClan warriors."

Emberpaw let a cattish smirk come across her face, her tail flicking back and forth. Since Quietpaw was male, he was a bit taller than her, but size didn't matter. Though Quietpaw didn't like to play with her or let her tell stories in the apprentice den, they sure liked to train together. "It sure looked like you were stalking," she managed to get the words out before a large and intimidating cat stepped into the clearing, his voice smooth. He was greeting them. Emberpaw lashed her tail once- this was not a ThunderClan tom. "You better get out before I tell my father!" Emberpaw usually referred to Lionstar as "father", but elders told her it was rude. Emberpaw was trying hard to change that.

((You start if you dun mind? xd.png))

Hazelpaw was stalking a rabbit. It had been one moon since she became an apprentice, but Breezeflight had told her that he wanted to give her an assessment. She could hardly refuse, as he was her mentor and the Clan deputy. Very stern, as well. Hazelpaw didn't want to imagine what would happen if she told him that she didn't want to take the assessment. Honestly, though, she didn't think she was anywhere near ready for a hunting assessment. Sighing, Hazelpaw inched closer, making sure her weight was evenly balanced. All of a sudden, the wind shifted. The rabbit raised its head, nose twitching, and bounded away. Hazelpaw dashed after it, but it was too fast and scampered into a bush and out of sight. "Fox dung!" the apprentice spat.

Oakpaw grunted in dissagreement. He was about to do the twisting move when he heard a rustle in the distance. He planted his back legs on the ground, ready toleap for the bird. He had heard it long before Lightningstar would, and told himslef to ingnore the leader. Then it appeared in view, and he leaped, ripping the bird out of the sky before it knew what was going on. His hightened scenses alowed him to do things like that, though he thought it was completely normal to hear and see things from so far. He smirked at the leader and dropped the bird next to her paws. He then tried the jump, but landed awkwardly. Embarressed he licked his chest. "Told you i was good." he grumbled.

"Your father? Surely you could take take me to see him?" Eagle stepped forward, towards the two cats. At once, the tom looked more alert than before. The tom pressed his side against the she-cat. Eagle sighed. "No, don't take me to see him. StarClan would not condone our meeting so soon, young one. Tell me, when is the next one of your Gatherings? I should like to attend it. On my best behavior, of course." The large brown tom smiled. It was more of a grimace. More fearsome than that of the grumpiest elder in ThunderClan.

~~~

Quietpaw's eyes were locked on the tom. He couldn't hear the others, but they smelled. He could see the bushes moving where they shifted their bodies. Quietpaw knew well enough that they hadn't a chance. He took a step back away from the tom, his body still touching Emberpaw's. "We should leave, Lionstar will want to know what is taking so long. Surely it will be time to train," He looked up at the tom, his eyes cold as ice. "We won't say a word. The next Gathering is at the full moon, where there is no scent of any Clans." He wanted to add an ultimatum. He wanted to tell the tom to come alone. But, he couldn't. Emberpaw couldn't smell the other cats, their scent was too earthy. It was only by lucky chance that his sense of smell was better. Nor could she see them. Perhaps she could hear them, but that was doubtful. This tom had a sort of swagger that was unnerving. No doubt the cats were silent.

Shadow was walking along in what she liked to call her and Mint's territory, scenting for prey. They lived far away from the clans so that they didn't accidentally stumble onto their territory or accidentally cause a conflict. She did, however, wander over there from time to time since they had the best prey in her opinion even though she and Mint had the same exact prey where they lived. The clans' territory just had more of the prey than she and her companion did. As she came upon a mouse and a squirrel, she let her cleared her thoughts from her head so that she could have all of her attention being on the prey in front of her and the catching of it. She pounced a few minutes later out of her hiding place and killed both the squirrel and mouse before bringing them both to their "camp."

------

Streampelt was relaxing in a corner of the camp when she heard Lightningstar call Oakpaw to go battle training with her and she couldn't help but smile when she heard their exchange. She knew that Oakpaw was very difficult to be around since he had a very arrogant nature. After they were out of the camp, she went over to the fresh-kill pile and got a small meal for herself to eat. She could have done it before they had gone but she didn't want to be in the way of them. As she ate her thrush, she looked around the camp to see what the other cats were doing right then in the camp. She knew where Bluepaw was but not the other apprentices or warriors. She figured that the other apprentices were out hunting with their mentors and the other warriors were out on border and hunting patrols so she didn't worry too much about them.

Edited by Dragonpelt

((Quiet is pressed up against Ember right? xd.png))

A pair of extremely young amber eyes watched the she cat below him. The youngest Clan deputy in history was watching his apprentice, Hazelpaw. The she cat had been dumped onto him as soon as he went through with his warrior ceremony. Breezeflight snickered when Hazelpaw missed the rabbit. Plunging down the torrent of rocks, the black tom stepped up behind the young she cat. "Too bad," he mewed, his voice smooth. "You must pay more attention to the prey and less attention to the thistle-down in the sky!"

Emberpaw's ears smacked flat against her head, her tail lashing back and forth as the tom came closer. He was questioning where was the next meeting, and Quietpaw answered. She felt Quietpaw's pelt against hers, but she didn't mind it. Quietpaw was saying that they should go and find Lionstar, to train. Yes. They had to train. So she could claw Eagle's fur off just in case! If she were older, she would of fought. "Okay," she murmured, turning around and beginning to pad away. She flicked Quietpaw's shoulder with her tail, staring at him with wide blue eyes. "Who was that?"

Edited by TwilightMoonDragon

[Choco, could Stream be Blue's mentor? :3 and btw Hazel has the ability to tweak the emotions of cats.~ If that's okay. ;o]

Lightningstar blinked, not letting her face show that she was impressed. She had barely heard the bird coming before Oakpaw leaped up and caught it. It wasn't the first time, either - the apprentice always seemed to sense prey before she did, and Lightningstar prided herself on her senses. Shrugging it off - she would leave that thought to ponder when she was in her den - she focused on Oakpaw's leap. "Good at catching birds, maybe, but that leap is nowhere near perfect," Lightningstar meowed. "Try to focus on your paws more when you land, so you don't accidentally trip yourself. You're doing better," she added, not wanting to discourage her apprentice. "The first time you did it, your tail and paws were flailing around like crazy. Try it again."

Quietpaw watched as the tom left the clearing. A certain glare was in his eyes. A promise. Quietpaw would see him again. He watched until he could no longer see the foliage move. They were gone. He turned and felt Emberpaw's tail touch him. Quietpaw shrugged. "I don't know, but he was not friendly. Let's not tell Lionstar about this. I-I as good as promised. Besides, I didn't get any good information out of the tom," Quietpaw looked back warily in the direction of the intruders. He turned back and picked up Emberpaw's dropped bird. "There were more cats than him. Much more." He muttered.

((Hey everyone, feel free to have your characters smell strange cats. But don't see or hear them. They're hiding. They're adversaries controlled by me and TMD. Very dangerous, don't see them or you'll die. xd.png))

Edited by Kokay

((sure peanut happy.gif))

After Streampelt had finished off her thrush, she went to the elder's area to get her apprentice so that they could train. She had tasked her to take care of the elders earlier but now she figured that it was time for her training again. As she made her way over to the elders, she thought about what she could teach her today and thought that hunting would be good. Tomorrow, they would work on battle moves but today was all about hunting. Once she arrived at her destination she said to Bluepaw, "Come. I think it's time you learned how to hunt."

Edited by Dragonpelt

Mint glanced up as Shadow walked into camp carrying a squirrel and mouse. "Nice catch," he purred, getting to his paws and padding toward her. "Looks like the prey is running well today. It's my turn to hunt now. Settle down and eat a mouse or two." He gestured toward the pile of prey they had set up in the center of their camp. "You've been working hard, you deserve a rest," Mint purred as he walked past Shadow.

[Eheh, okay Hazel next. Kokay: In all the territories? =o TMD: is the ability I picked out for Hazelpaw okay .__.]

Edited by Stunningfire

Emberpaw frowned at Quietpaw. It seemed that he knew what was going on, and she wasn't going to question him any longer. They padded to the camp in silence, Emberpaw bounding forward and dumping her prey on the fresh kill pile that she picked up on the way to camp. Lionstar was on the Highrock, looking over the camp with large amber eyes. His tail flicked once or twice in greeting as his amber eyes found their way to Quietpaw and Emberpaw. "He's great isn't he?" she mewed. "My father..."

Hazelpaw sighed as Breezeflight gave her a speech she knew too well. She had to hold back a hiss of anger at the cool tone he used. As if being deputy made him better than anyone else! Deep breaths, the apprentice instructed herself until she calmed down. "All right, Breezeflight," Hazelpaw meowed quietly. "I'll try again." Without waiting for an answer, the apprentice disappeared into the grass. She parted her jaws, trying to pick up some trace of prey.

[she can smell the strange cats in my next post, if you do mean all the territories ^^ If not nevermind]

"Thanks," Shadow purred back in reply after she had dropped the prey that she had caught onto the pile. "It is and okay," she said in reply to the rest of what he said before laying down beside the pile and getting out a couple of mice with her paw before Mint walked by her and she heard what he had said. "Thanks and I just want to help to keep us well fed," she purred back before he was gone. She then started to eat one of the mice, her thoughts drifting to back when she was a kit and hanging out with her mom after her father died. She still missed her parents but she didn't let the sadness that she felt for them being dead overwhelm her too much.

"Yes," Quietpaw dropped the bird on the freshkill pile. He looked up at Lionstar. "He is a great cat and an excellent leader. But, about those cats..." Quietpaw glanced around at the surrounding cats. There were so may. And so many could hear so much better than him. He was getting shy again, but he needed to talk to Emberpaw about the situation that they had just experienced. He walked to his normal spot, a few paces from the freshkill pile and sat down. "There was more than just the first. Many more. I could smell them. They were different than Clan cats, but they were just as organized, if not more so. The leader of them... He was... There was something malevolent about his gaze. Almost like... Like he had control of all the cats following him somehow."

((Yes, all! Haha, they WANT the Clan cats to feel wary.))

Edited by Kokay

Bluepaw blinked, startled, with a pawful of dirty moss. "Oh, hi, Streampelt!" she chirped happily. "All right, I'll be with you in a bit." The apprentice was glad to be relieved of the job of cleaning the dirty bedding. "I'll just get rid of this moss-" The apprentice squeezed out of the den and returned a few minutes later, her eyes bright with excitement. "Let's go!" Bluepaw couldn't wait. She had learned the basics of hunting, and knew how to fish, but wasn't very good at the hunting crouch yet and hadn't begun to stalk birds and voles.

Emberpaw followed Quietpaw to the spot where he usually sat, tipling her head to the side. More than just the first? He had muttered something like that one the way here, but she had pretended not to notice. Or think that it was her imagination. She stared at him, blinking slowly in surprise. Was there going to be an invasion? "Should we really be concerned about these cats?" she asked. "The Clan can just drive them out. It's not like they had proper training..."

((Depends on what you mean by controlling other's emotions. ^^

Stun, can you post as Hazel finding the prey? I needs to sleep...)$

"And you're doing a great job of it," Mint replied to her comment about wanting to keep them well fed. He nodded pointedly at the high fresh-kill pile and slipped out of the makeshift camp entrance they had made out of brambles into the forest beyond. The tomcat took in a deep breath, appreciating the smell of fresh air tinged with prey-scent. He parted his jaws slightly to find out if there was any prey lurking nearby. Catching the scent of a mouse, Mint dropped into the hunter's crouch and began to slink along. He spotted the mouse a few fox-lengths ahead, nibbling at some seeds beside a tree root.

[Hafta go, sorry~ and uhm just tweaking them. like, making someone calmer, or a little angrier, etc. Bye!]

Quietpaw looked at the edge of the forest, the treetops. He sighed, tired and worried. Licking his chest to comfort himself briefly, he looked back up at Emberpaw. "They have probably had more training than we have. Not to mention the fact that they don't have to follow the Warrior Code. They can kill. I think these cats are dangerous. But, if they were going to invade our territory, they surely would not have hesitated to kill us. They wouldn't have let their leader meet two young cats like us and just leave. I-I don't know what to expect out of them, Emberpaw. The best thing we can do is train hard."

((TMD hasn't put Pepperpaw's form up yet, so... she can read cats' faces and stuff.))

Pepperpaw crouched, slinking silently forward, trying not to make a sound as her white paws touched the prickly carpet of pine needles. Her tail, tipped in white, flicked in excitement. A fat mouse sat a few tail lengths away from her, eating the seeds from a pine cone. She tensed, ready to jump on the timid creature before it could turn and see her. She would easily be spotted, due to the lack of undergrowth, but that also made walking silently easier, with no plants to rub against. She pounced, landing on the mouse, which gave a startled squeak before Pepperpaw bit it in its neck, killing it instantly. Suddenly the wind changed, and a new scent was blown towards her. Instead of bending down to pick the mouse up, she raised her head and sniffed at the wind. The scent of a cat was blown towards her... no. Cats, and not from any Clan she had ever heard of. It wasn't the fishy smell of RiverClan, the heathery smell of WindClan, or the rodenty smell of ThunderClan, and definitely not ShadowClan familiar scent. She wanted to follow the scent. But... she needed to take the mouse she had just killed back to ShadowClan camp, and she could get killed. It would be better to tell the ShadowClan leader, and let the whole camp know. What if the strange cats wanted to attack ShadowClan? It would be better for her, ShadowClan, and maybe even the whole valley if she ran back to ShadowClan camp as fast as she could. But the curiosity was almost impossible to contain. She would love to sneak up on the strange cats, if she could find them, and just sit in the shadows, downwind, spying on them. But she had to go back. Sighing, she picked up the mouse and began to trot back to ShadowClan camp.

Streampelt nodded and then watched as Bluepaw went back in to get rid of the dirty moss before coming back out again. She nodded again before leading her away from the elder's den and towards the camp entrance. Once there, she waited for her apprentice and then started to think about they would catch today. She thought that it was time she learned how to catch birds since they were a bit tricky. That figured out, she continued to wait a bit more at the entrance until she just decided to go on ahead of her apprentice since she figured that she'd be right on her heels and excited about training. Once she got to the training area for RiverClan cats, she stopped and waited again for Bluepaw.

----

Shadow nodded before saying, "Thanks" in reply and then looked to where he was pointing with his tail before nodding again and when he left to go hunting. She had finished her first mouse a few minutes earlier and was now working on her second mouse. As she did that, she started to think about what they could do later or if they were going to hunt all day. Sighing, she had her attention go back to her second meal before finishing it. After she did that, she curled up into a ball, and went to sleep. She was pretty tired from all of the hunting she had done and wanted to get some sleep before they did anything else that day.

Before Oakpaw could jump again, a strong scent blew in from Thunderclan. He started gagging on it. "Gross! Lightningstar, i didn't know Thunderclan cats smelt so strongly of dirt!" he hissed. Detecting a musty, dirt-like smell. He sniffed again. "Wait!" he growled, "Thats not Thunderclan! It's not any clan!" He crouched down, following his nose to the border. "Ugh!" he gasped, "I don't think i can take this stench any longer!" To Oakpaw, it was as if the cats where right next to him. He covered his sensitive nose with a paw.

Silverpaw sunned herself on a rock in Thunderclan. Snippets of conversations slipped by, and she listened enthusiasticaly. She took a deep breath of fresh air- wait. It wasn't so fresh. She sniffed again, but the scent seemed to blow away. She shook it off and went out for a liesurly walk, enjoying ThunderClan's territory.

Edited by Laurarockstar

"I agree with you Quietpaw," Emberpaw murmured; she was afraid, and she was a cat that seldom was afraid. She shifted and turned toward the fresh kill pile. Walking up to it, she picked out a mouse and placed it in front of Quietpaw. "Do you wanna share?" she asked.

Lionstar leapt down from the Highrock, greeting Silverpaw with another flick of his tail. He spotted his apprentice Quietpaw; he was speaking with his daughter. Quietpaw and Emberpaw were best of friends since kit hood... And it felt like yesterday that she was nestled into her mother's side suckling her milk... "Quietpaw," he mewed. "After that mouse I want to teach you and Emherpaw some fighting techniques."

((Ok, Stun, and does that answer your question, Koko? xd.png))