Fortune86

Close Please ~ Died

'Excellent. One of you should her to me where she is safe from Vayne and his warriors. Her powers should see to it that she will recover quickly. But the other one has to try and find this orb Faye has discovered. The powers of darkness have too much of an advantage on us already. Oh and I can't sense Vayne. So if he's still in the area he shouldn't be close at least.'

Natalya looked up in alarm as a car pulled up. She held a hand to the ground, ready to summon more fire, but she pulled her hand away when she saw it was Faye's old punto. Natalya looked up and smiled tiredly at Faye when the woman excited the car. When Dwain came over, she reached out to take his arm as he hoisted her up.

"I'm fine, I can walk. I'm just a bit tired." she told him as he carried her. However, she leaned on his shoulder and didnt try to push him away as he walked back toward the car.

When he helped her get into the car, she climbed into the back and curled up.

"Thanks. The others left, I don't know where to. They have Syth." she said with a yawn. Within a few seconds, the girl had drifted off to sleep.

--

"Fine. I'll meet the kid in a few minutes. I'm not far." she said before Vayne hung the phone up. As he ended the call, Adriana was already shutting down the program and logging out of the computer's admin account. She slipped the phone into her pocket. After grabbing her coat, she turned to Syth.

"There are a few shops near here. Try to hang low, we're pretty far from your temple so your leader won't be able to contact you. There's a tv in the corner that works and here's some money." she said tossing him a bit of cash.

"Oh, here's a throw-away phone, my number is pre-programmed in. Don't think about trying to find it, my number is encrypted. And be careful. If anyone around here bugs you, tell them you're with me, they'll leave you alone. Just watch your back." she told him as she headed out the door way.

Max looked over her shoulder when Eric spoke to her. She wasn’t really in the mood to talk to him for now, she didn’t like the way he spoke to her to begin with. Nether the less he was going to become a member or the team. In a way he seemed familiar to her other than that she know he works at the burger place, she swore she had seen him somewhere else.

“Max.” she finally said still following Vayne.

Syth meerly blinked as she left, managing to utter a quick 'thank you' before she vanished out the door.

"Contact me, Delucin, my leader" he muttered, flicking the tv on and gazing at the news. Finishing the pizza he watched the tv, and he frowned at the special interest story. Apparently a fire had broken out in the park he had been at. As the carma panned, showing live footage of the scene. Fire was Delucin's element, he wondered if Natalya had caused that.

Vayne lead the way into the Temple and it wasn't long before they reached the corridors unavailable to anyone who did not possess his power. Entering the throne room the greenish light hid the worst of his injuries in shadow. Vayne crossed the small bridge to his throne and sat down. Here at the heart of the Temple of Dusk was where his power was greatest. He would heal faster in this room.

"So" he said to Eric as the man entered the room. "It's is time to tell you what all of this is about. I'm not going to mince words, but get right to the point. I am not human. I am a avatar born from the darkness in the human heart. I have a rightful claim and rule over the darkness inside each human. My counterpart, the avatar of light, seeks to drive me out and destroy all that I represent. This I can not allow. We were at war many years ago, but our battle escalated too greatly and we were both sealed in these temples. Now we are free we can resume the fight, but much of our power is still sealed away. The orbs are the key to unlocking our true power. To find them, we need help."

He paused and fixed Eric with a penetrating stare.

"If you agree to join me you will be rewarded. I can offer more than just gold, put a portion of my power. Just ask Max here."

Revan suddenly slammed the breaks, his peripheral vision catching something heading towards the road. A basketball bounced across the front of his car, eventually rolling to a stop on the other side of the road near the gutter. A couple of kids no older then 14 dashed across the road to collect the balls.

Revan momentarily remembered last night, how he had come across Max alone by the road with the ball like orb in her clutches. He could only sigh at the similarities as he watched the children carry the basketball back in a similar fashion. "

He leaned over and reached for his cup of soda, taking a sip from the straw, before resuming his drive

Edited by TotallyDrow

"Good to know." He said plainly, Eric had asked only out of a need to call the girl something other than kid since he figured he would be working with her.

Eric glanced around at the temple sanctum, although there wasn't much to be seen since the green flames offered little in the way of light. The kid Vayne sat on a throne like he was some kind of king and already Eric could feel contempt rising in him. He listened carefully as Vayne explained the situation in full. Slowly Eric's contempt faded as Vayne elaborated on the situation. Just trying to protect your own eh? In that light Eric could respect Vayne. He wasn't much different from Eric who was also just staking his claim to live in the world. "After what I saw in the park your story sounds more viable, but I'll believe this power thing when I see it. As for will I help? I said yes back at the burger joint so it's already a done deal." He said with a slight huff. Even though he saw what Vayne was capable of first hand it was still pretty hard to believe.

((I'll put up a Dwain post tonight.))

Alex sat there, deeply engrossed in today's newspaper while occasionally blowing on his hot cup of noodles to cool it down. A stray dog diverted his attention to the windows, as it chased a cat down the road, barking wildly as it sprinted along the pavement.

A couple minutes passed before the two little bells at the top of the door jingled, signalling the arrival of a new customer, gazing up over his newspaper he watched as the middle aged woman made a b-line for the ice cream. Alex had his suspicions as to what she had in mind with that tub of ice cream, however it was not his business to pry. Sighing, he lowered his head back down and resumed reading the newspaper as the customer continued to browse, apparently another riot had broken out two towns over.

Edited by TotallyDrow

((Natalya put out any fires. There will only be signs of the one where she created the wall.))

Adriana was parking her bike in the lot not too much later. There had been traffic but she had taken the convensional way. She climbed off, took her helmet off, locked the bike up, and then made her way into the train station. Where was the kid?! She looked around the vast building, it would be impossible to find him in the sea of people before her. The woman frowned and sent a message to Vayne asking where the kid was.

((No one has actually told Revan to go to the train station xd.png. He is unaware of what Vayne and all the other darkness warriors are up to. At the moment he is just taking the long way home :3))

((Adriana: I'm going to kill that idiot. They won't find him for a very very long time.

Me: Vayne needs him. We can't.

Adriana: There are worse things than death.

Me: As long as he can still serve Vayne.

Adriana: *grumble* Please tell me Max has his number.))

((Max and Vayne do :3. RP: Whilst driving home, Revan felt a cold shiver run up his spine... as if someone somewhere was angry at him...))

"Good to know." He said plainly, Eric had asked only out of a need to call the girl something other than kid since he figured he would be working with her.

Eric glanced around at the temple sanctum, although there wasn't much to be seen since the green flames offered little in the way of light. The kid Vayne sat on a throne like he was some kind of king and already Eric could feel contempt rising in him. He listened carefully as Vayne explained the situation in full. Slowly Eric's contempt faded as Vayne elaborated on the situation. Just trying to protect your own eh? In that light Eric could respect Vayne. He wasn't much different from Eric who was also just staking his claim to live in the world. "After what I saw in the park your story sounds more viable, but I'll believe this power thing when I see it. As for will I help? I said yes back at the burger joint so it's already a done deal." He said with a slight huff. Even though he saw what Vayne was capable of first hand it was still pretty hard to believe.

((I'll put up a Dwain post tonight.))

Vayne was watching Eric's eyes carefully. They had changed slightly as Vayne's tale had unfolded and there was now the merest hint of respect within them, rather than the barely shielded contempt from before. But it wasn't Eric's approval Vayne desired, only his loyalty.

When Eric restated his willingness to fight for him Vayne smiled for the first time since the park. Just what he wanted to hear.

"Good. Then without further delay, I shall bring you into the fold."

The shadow that Eric cast in the green tinted light began to raise from the floor behind him, as it had done with all of Vayne's other warriors. Once it had reached the same height as its owner one long arm sharpened to a knife point and stabbed Eric in the back, the very tip piercing his heart. It only took a few moments for the temple to bestow the new warrior with its power and the shadow fell back into the floor to resume its natural form.

((My bad. Revan does know..))

Revan stopped at a red light. Taking this opportunity, he reached into his Waysub bag and pulled out the sandwich, unwrapping it slightly to reveal one end of the footlong and taking a bite.

As he sat there enjoying the bite and waiting for the light to turn green, he glanced at his watch. It seemed like he was going to be 5-10 minutes late.

Max stood in silence, listening to what the Avatar of Darkness has to say, waiting patiently for that special thing. Once Eric accepted he would join she could only smile. Here it comes she thought to herself look at the man. Within a few seconds his shadow appeared behind him and before he could even think of something his shadow stabbed him. Pleased to see this again made Max even more willing to help Vayne, his ways quite sparked and interest.

ON:

Letting the other two climb into the car, Faye took one last look around the area before climbing back into the car herself, cane nestling beside her seat and the gearstick-column, and barely giving time for the door to close she accelerated smoothly away from the site of the almost-battle, heading towards their temple. "Dwain, if we take Natalya back to the temple she'll be safe enough there to recover, and then we'll both head for the orb. I think having two of us there will help just in case Vayne finds out in the meantime." She doubted it, as it would take maybe fifteen, twenty minutes to get from temple to mansion, but right now Faye didn't want to take chances and didn't want to go alone to retrieve the orb. Delucin was right about their being well behind in this battle, having thus far lost every engagement, but she wasn't going to dispatch Dwain to deal with the unknown by himself and while she was confident in her ability to hold her own in battle she didn't want to go up against Vayne without support.

OFF

- Post by Faye

"Ahem..!" came the voice of the middle aged woman, as she placed the rather large tub of ice cream on the counter and began to rustle through her purse for her wallet.

Placing the paper behind him, he stood up from his stool and picked up the scanner, ready to scan the ice cream's bar code. As he pulled the tub closer, he could only look with disgust at the flavor of the ice cream; "Purple Yam". Obviously not one of his preferred flavors, he reluctantly picked up the tub and turned it around till he found the bar code.

"How much?" questioned the woman, impatiently. Her finger tapping away on the counter as she held a $50 note in her other hand.

The scanner didn't seem to wanna scan this particular bar code, much to the annoyance of Alex and the woman, who increased the tempo of her tapping. "Can't really blame it... I know I wouldn't want to.." thought Alex, showing some understanding of why the scanner refused to scan such a vile ice cream flavor.

Sighing, he placed the tub down on the counter. "Please M'am... if you could only wait for a few minutes... the scanner does not seem to be working.." he replied, feigning a smile.

"Tsk.." she responded, rolling her eyes. "Make it quick.. I don't have all day" snapped the woman, who stopped the tapping and reached into her purse for her mobile. Alex on the other hand turned around and opened a drawer, pulling out a small booklet. Within its pages were the various 5 digit codes for the items sold at the store. He browsed its contents until he reached the 'Jen and Barry's Purple Yam Ice cream". Making sure he got the code right, he keyed it into the machine.

The price of $11.95 came up on the cash registers screen. "Miss, That will be $11.95.." he feigned smiling once again, before pulling out a plastic bag and placing the tub inside.

After handing the change back and watching the woman leave, he turned to pick up his newspaper, placing it on the front counter. He glanced to his right beside the cash register and looked at his cup noodles, reaching for the chopsticks he placed them inside, twirling a decent amount of noodles around it before taking a bite.

An disappointed expression appeared on his face... the cup of noodles had gone cold. Sighing he flopped back down on the stool and continued eating... there was no point letting food go to waste.

Edited by TotallyDrow

ON:

Letting the other two climb into the car, Faye took one last look around the area before climbing back into the car herself, cane nestling beside her seat and the gearstick-column, and barely giving time for the door to close she accelerated smoothly away from the site of the almost-battle, heading towards their temple. "Dwain, if we take Natalya back to the temple she'll be safe enough there to recover, and then we'll both head for the orb. I think having two of us there will help just in case Vayne finds out in the meantime." She doubted it, as it would take maybe fifteen, twenty minutes to get from temple to mansion, but right now Faye didn't want to take chances and didn't want to go alone to retrieve the orb. Delucin was right about their being well behind in this battle, having thus far lost every engagement, but she wasn't going to dispatch Dwain to deal with the unknown by himself and while she was confident in her ability to hold her own in battle she didn't want to go up against Vayne without support.

OFF

- Post by Faye

Natalya could still hear Faye and Dwaine, which was weird. She seemed to be more in a half-asleep state.

No, she thought, Just carry on and find the orb. My body will heal wether you take me to the temple or not. Don't waste time her thoughts echoed around in her mind. Perhaps Delucin would hear them, maybe he wouldn't.

-

Adriana tapped her foot impatiently and moved to sit near the main entrance. Where was that idiot?

Delucin was more than a little shocked from Natalyas words and did not keep attention to the discussion between Faye and Dwain.

Had Vayne truly abducted Syth? He hadn't been killed. He would have noticed that.

Delucin reached out to him again. He was farther away then usual, but none of his warriors was ever out of the reach of his mind, even if they had traveled to the moon.

Unfortunately Syth was still blocking him. WHY was he doing that if he was in danger? Didn't he realize he kept Delucin from helping him?

No, Natalya thought, Just carry on and find the orb. My body will heal wether you take me to the temple or not. Don't waste time.

Delucin's focus returned back to her.

'You are awake, Natalya?', he asked, projecting his words to the other two warriors too, 'What did you mean with they have Syth?'

Edited by Laura-Lana

((I know all about scanners and not scanning. It's the worst thing when someone is standing right next to you while your trying to make the bloody device operate.))

"Gah!" Came Eric's startled cry when his shadow stabbed him in the back. He looked back his face twisted in anger and surprise thinking it had been the girl who had stabbed him but she wasn't there. Instead he stared into the faceless shadow of himself. Although faceless Eric got a sense that the shadow was satisfied with it's task. It withdrew the point and Eric fell to a knee as the shadow became normal again. After a moment of agony Eric was starting to feel better...heck better than better. He checked his back with his hand but there was no entry wound nor the warm blood that should have also been there. "What...happened?" He thought out loud.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

((sorry for the Dwain delay.))

Dwain got into the car once Natalya was safely inside. He had barely closed his own door when Faye was off again although there seemed to be less urgency this time. Faye explained the plan and Dwain nodded, it seemed like the best course of action. It would be faster to just leave Natalya in the car and head straight to the orb, but if a cop happened to stroll by the car while Natalya was sleeping it would look more than a little suspicious. On top of that if Vayne some how did discover the orb a battle could ensue and Natalya would be at risk.

Delucin's mental voice sounded distant to Natalya. It broke through the fog and made her physically take a deeper breath. She guarded the image of her thoughts about Syth being the one to cause her injury. She wanted to know why, but she was afraid of what Delucin would do.

He was there...and then he and the teacher that works for Vayne(Adriana) were gone... she told him, her voice sounded slightly monotone.

The girl's body twitched in the back car seat, though she wasn't aware of it.

Edited by evangeline5432

((Got the idea when the same thing happened whilst I was at 7 eleven... the scanner just didn't want to scan my drink...))

Revan entered the public car park, across the road from where the train station was and parked his car in one of the free spots.

Leaving the carpark, Revan crossed the road and made his way to the train station. His hands were in his pockets and he was in no particular rush to make it there, even though he was already 5 minutes late. As he reached the train station, he waited near the entrance and pulled out his phone.

“It hurts doesn’t it?” Max smiled as she hunched next to Eric. “You kind of got marked by our fearless leader here and a bit of magic was added into your life.” She spoke still smiling. She looked at him wondering what powers he might have and if he would adjust to at as fast as she did. This was indeed interesting to her but for now all of it will have to wait.

“We better get going. Don’t want the other to hear the others complain the whole time that we are late.” Max spoke standing up and looking at Vayne.

It was quite by accident that Adriana saw Revan. Some guy was running quickly to catch a train when he nearly ran into the boy. The man didn't stop though, he kept running.

"Sorry kid!" he yelled.

Adriana had just happened to look over and see the collision. She stood and walked over to the boy. She reached down to offer him a hand. With an eyebrow raised slightly, she chuckled.

"Revan. You're late. I believe we have not truly been acquainted yet...I'm Adriana."

((Go away autocorrect!))

Edited by evangeline5432

Revan didn't see it coming. One moment everything was fine and dandy, the next he was looking skyward with his rear planted on the ground. Some jerk wasn't watching where they were running and collided with him....

As he was about to pick himself up, he saw a pair of legs approach, causing him to raise his head up to see who it was. He didn't recognize the woman, but she clearly knew who he was, evident from how she knew his name. He reached out and accepted her help, getting back up onto his feet.

Once back up, he brushed the sides of his clothes, just in case any dust from the ground had stuck to him. "Where are the other's?" he asked blandly, she obviously knew who he was and why he was here, so he didn't feel the need to introduce himself or anything.