Fortune86

Close Please ~ Died

"There is more than earth above us" pointed out Vayne. "If we dig blindly we could bury ourselves in metal and other materials, ones our combined powers can not protect us from. Even if it was only earth we had to worry about it, the sheer volume of it that could rain down upon us is more than could be handled."

Vayne looked solemly back up at the tunnel ceiling above him. As much as he hated to admit it, there wasn't much they could do to retrieve the orb at the moment. They needed a better idea of where to search and what they would have to pass through.

"We will leave for now" he said turning back to his warriors. "We need to gather more information about these tunnels."

“Adriana don’t you have some contacts in the architect business? You know seeing that you are in the force or something.” Max spoke scratching her head. “Plus something is a bit off here as well. Here is some smells that isn’t the same as the last time I was here. Here might be a leaky pipe somewhere. If we dig up something and damage the structure further then that could also be lethal.”

Adriana turned to Max and nodded, "Yes, but it's not so simple. We would not be able to hire some random block off the street, it has to be a very specific person who doesn't mind doing something under the table. And even then, we mightneed to get false documents printed up, permits, that sort of thing. It will cost quite a bit." she glanced to Vayne meaningfully.

"There is a chance other people would hear. Such a project would not go unnoticed, but people can be bought." The woman looked up in the direction that the orb was in.

"It might be easier to get it if we were above ground, finding someone to big up an "faulty pipe line" would be easier and it would draw less attention. [/color]

"I don't know anyone first hand but I deal with people who have connections all over the place. I should be able to get us a trustworthy contractor for a low price." Eric said adding to Adrianna's explanation. "A number of people still need to pay up and tomorrow is collection day." That was why he had to work the midnight shift today before Vayne came along. He needed the day off tomorrow to go around and collect what was due from his more reliable customers. "I'm sure some will be happy to see I'm more interested in their connections than their money." He added with a satisfied smirk. "If that's all there is today. Then I'm with Vayne, let's get out of this hole."

"Gold is of no issue" said Vayne to Eric and Adriana. "Take whatever you need to get the job done."

As there was nothing further they could do at the moment the avatar glanced once lats time up at the tunnel ceiling and then began to stride back towards the exit. He wondered if the Light Warriors knew about this orb and if they were taking any steps to retrieve it.

Adriana glanced at Eric, was he suggesting that he could out-source her? Annoyance flared up but she quenched it before it became too much of an issue. They were a team, they needed to work together. She had someone in mind, but if he said he could find someone, she would listen. That didn't mean she'd approve.

"Fine. I will speak to a mutual acquaintance as well. He's a contractor, he'll know a couple people." she looked over to Vayne.

"We should head back, and if you're worried about the others coming here, perhaps I can cause a small controlled cave-in."

Max wanted to flick Revan’s head with her finger when he spoke. Wasn’t he listening she thought to herself. Her attention was quickly pulled away when the others said they should let it go for now. She did her part for now at least and led them to a part where they can maybe get to the orb. It was up to the others on finding someone who is willing to do the job. Max silently followed the group back down the corridor heading back to the open world.

“Careful for the oncoming train, it has a rather big kick.” She just spoke as they came closer to the exit.

ON:

Faye and Dwain made the short trip to the house in reasonable silence as Faye mulled over the task ahead. Once again they pulled up just down the road from the mansion in question, and as she turned off the car engine she reached for her bag and pulled out the ever-useful ID cards, carefully selecting her ones from the dig-site and slotting them into her badge holder and clipped it to her jumper. Cane in hand she stepped out of the car and adopted her customary limp. "Shall we?"

OFF

- Post by Faye

((heh heh out-source. Ba-dum chish))

Dwain stepped out of the car and closed the door behind him. "We shall." He replied to Faye. Dwain started towards the entrance. He was actually quite eager to meet these people. He was eager to know what kind of people could come to possess the orb. Of course he was also eager to get this ovewr with, they really were trailing behind the darkness. Things would only get harder if Vayne'ss forces gained more power.

Vayne stopped at th emouth of the tunnel and watched as a train approached and sped past. It really was a huge piece of machinery and Vayne found it hard to count the people inside as they flashed past. When the train was rolling away into the darkness beyond Vayne made an estimate of about five hundred people. To be able to carry so many people so quickly. Amazing.

He lead the way back to the entrance hall of the train station. There wasn't anything he could do until his warriors had carried out their respective tasks, but they would need gold to do so. Vayne turned back to face them.

"We will return to the Temple" he said. "Once you have the gold you are to make the arrangements as quickly as possible. I do not want the Light Warriors beating us to this orb."

Eric nodded. "Sounds like we have a plan then. I've got room for two more in my car if anyone needs a lift back to the temple." He said plainly after Vayne reviewed their next move with the small group of darkness warriors. "Just so you know Vayne. I won't be able to reach my people until tomorrow morning, arriving before the due date for their payments is unprofessional." Eric stated making sure that Vayne understood that Eric's contacts would be delayed.

“How about we wait till tomorrow to hear who you guys can get and what the cost will be, we can rather drive around the city and let Vayne see if he can sense some more orbs or something.” Max spoke as came out of the entrance and stood so that only the group can hear them.

"It is easier for me to detect the orbs in the Temple" explained Vayne coldly. "I am not some kind of hound that be dragged around on a leash to sniff them out."

He headed towards Eric's car and waited for his newest warrior to open the doors. He was starting to feel tired now, not having fully recovered from the attack by the Light Warrior. He would have to rest soon.

Revan; who was doing his best to hide his obvious frustration at having missed his show for this walked up behind Max. Placing his left hand on her shoulder, he bent down slightly so that his head was just beside her ear.

"Touch my car again.." he paused and smiled, a bit of smoke was escaping from beneath his left hand. Acid had begun to seep out of his hands, not strong enough to harm the skin... but just enough to leave a small hole in her shirt, just above her shoulder as a warning. "... and a hole in your shirt will be the least of your problems.." Revan only acted in such a way when something he held in high value had been damaged or was at risk of being damaged and his car definetly fell into that category.

Taking his hand off her, he begun to walk away, towards the direction of where he had parked his car. He was not gonna just leave it here... besides he knew the way to the temple.

Edited by TotallyDrow

Max was still walking causally back after Vayne shot down her idea. It not like she knew what he can do and how he was able to sense the orbs. Neither the less she ignored his attitude for the moment but then Revan caused some displeasure.

She looked at her shoulder where her shirt burnt through then turned her gaze back at Revan. Maybe she should let a slab of earth hit his car while he was in it, that would shut him up. Ignoring what happened she made her way to Eric’s car.

((Did Vayne answer Adriana?))

Adriana followed the others out; she had said her fill and given her opinion so she stayed quiet. There was no need for her to say anything else until they got out. The young assassin even stayed quiet for the moment as Eric offered the others a ride. As soon as they exited, she watched them split off.

"I'll follow on my bike." she told the others broke off. It was only when Revan placed a hand on Max's shoulder that Adriana hesitated. The woman arched her brow as a very small train of smoke seeped from his hand. The older warrior was a tad impressed when Max ignored him and walked away. Adriana however ghosted up behind Revan where she stood quietly for a moment. She placed a hand on his shoulder, perhaps he would feel slightly more pressured to do as she asked.

"Revan, perhaps "we" should wait until we get back to the temple before we have a show of powers."

Without too much more said, Adriana turned away and walked back toward where she had parked her bike. On her way there, she took out one of her throw-away phones and made a call.

Revan remained emotionless to Adriana's warning. As far as he was concerned, her words would have little affect on the decisions he made. If anything, her words would have had more value to them had she spoken them to Max instead, the girl seemingly had no concern about her powers being discovered, case in point the Car Popsicle he was greeted with earlier today.

A drop of acid fell from his central finger, causing a spot on the pavement to dissolve away, before Revan continued back towards his car.

((Oops. Sorry Vang no D:

Do you want me to edit?))

((If you wants to. ^^))

Edited by evangeline5432

Once Max and Vayne were at the car Eric unlocked the doors and let the pair in. Adrianna had said she would follow them on her bike and Revan hadn't said anything at all. Eric figured this meant he would be driving out first. So once Max and Vayne were at least in the car with the doors closed Eric started the car and pulled out of the train station to start on his drive back to the temple. Since no one in the car was a smoldering wreck this time Eric would drive through the main streets quite casually. "I have to admit meeting the team was certainly interesting."

((I'll leave this one Vang since we have sort of moved on, but I'll try and do better in futre *snugs*))

Vayne sat and watched the buildings and people go by in silence. It seemed everywhere he looked there was an obstacle. Of course these things were never easy, but it was frustrating given how much was at stake. As they drew closer to the Temple he turned in his seat and looked at Eric.

"Tell me Eric, for I am curious. What do humans treasure in their lives?"

((T'is fine, Fort. I don't mind. ^^))

A deeper voice answered the phone and greeted Adriana. A short conversation ensues in which she stated what she needed. He riddled off a price, and after some dickering, she agreed. If he kept up to his rep like he always did, she should be getting a call back no later than tomorrow and he would find her a few candidates. The young assassin pocketed her phone and pulled on her helmet.

Adriana started up the bike and pulled out far behind Eric. As they traveled down the different roads leading toward the excavation, the woman did not follow too closely behind. Maybe it was instinct, but she kept her distance and sometimes took a different route. They were getting closer and closer to the Temple. Why did cars have to be so slow? She had things she needed to do.

"What do people treasure? Damnned if I know." Eric said at first but was quiet a moment as he thought on it. "It's different for everybody. I guess most people are happy with butt-loads of cash but I'd guess only about half the world is like that. The rest of the world is random some people value memories or mementos, others value other people, still more value their work. Random crap like that, although...I guess at the end of the day or when you've got it all on the line the only thing people hold dear are their own livelyhoods or whatever it's called. Basically the life they have now or want now." Eric shrugged and chuckled. "I dunno what I'm talking about, just spewing garbage I guess." He said as they pulled up tot eh excavation sight. "Why? You intend to use that to your advantage?"

Max sat in the back seat listening to the conversation between Vayne and Eric. Looking out the window she watched the cars past each at their own pace. Max took this moment to relax and clear her mind but the stench of burnt fabric kept drawing her attention away. Luckily this wasn’t one of her favorite tops, if it was she would have pushed him in front of a train or something. Maybe just to tick him off she would do something to his car, maybe a big boulder on the bonnet would do nicely.

"Yes and no" replied Vayne turning to look out of the window.

So. Humans still held the same values, even after all this time. They had modified, manipulated and altered the world around them, forcing it to suit them and their needs, but they themselves had't changed at all.

He had to win. There was too much too lose. He had a duty.

"Once you have the gold you need go home and rest" he told Eric. "Tomorrow will be a long day."

ON:

Reaching the door of the overlarge house (for Faye, 'mansion' was a bit to grandiose a word to describe the dwelling) she depressed the call bell and waited patiently with Dwain. With genuinely no clue as to how to proceed from her she took a brief moment to compose herself, drawing in a deep breath and trying to find some Zen calm from within that would help. That indescribable sense told her the orb was here and she knew that they had to get it, but past that? Nothing.

OFF

((Tag: Whoever is going to play the family? I think it will be a bit weighted if I ended up playing them - Vang, would you want to?))

- Post by Faye