Fortune86

Close Please ~ Died

Max watched as a wall of flame appeared in front of Vayne but it completely didn’t bother him due to the fact that he stepped right through it. Max could smell burnt flesh, a smell that she didn’t really like, it just annoyed her. It wasn’t long when Vayne reappeared from the show looking very bitter and burnt. When he spoke Max jumped up not thinking twice about his order, she really didn’t want to cross him seeing that he is a “relic”. Some “relics” just don’t play nice.

((Contemplates post but decides to wait instead.

Very well done by the way everybody. I had a high time reading through all of your posts yesterday and today again biggrin.gif ))

Natalya cringed as Vayne screamed in anger. She peeked around the corner and watched as he snapped orders angrily at his two warriors. The girl hasn't expected him to run through the flames, she had half expected him to stop short. The ground where the flames used to was scorched. She ducked back out of sight. Leaning against the wall behind her, she slowly slid to the ground. Catching her breath, she held her throbbing head in her hand. Healing injuries was one thing, healing ahead ache was a different matter it seemed. She inhaled quietly and waited until Vayne and his warriors left the area. It wouldn't be safe until then.

Delucin? she called out questioningly, Why did my fire anger Vayne? It wasn't even proper fire!

She realized she still held her phone.

"Oh!" she said softly to herself. The girl dialed Dwain's phone again and placed the phone against her ear.

-----

Adriana glanced at Syth's reflection in the moniter screen. She really wasn't one for small talk but Syth as a teacher had always amused her. He seemed so weak and helpless. Most of the kids abused his kindness. He was a lamb being led to the slaughter.

"Indeed." she typed in a few commands in her computer. If Syth wanted to talk anymore, he would have to start a conversation.

After a few minutes, a map program showed up. She pressed a few buttons and the map zoomed in to an area far outside of Wallace. A red dot appeared in the middle of the map. She growled softly. Then, remembering she needed to call Vayne, she took out her phone and dialed his number...

As glad as he was that Natalya had escaped, he wished she had answered his question about Syth instead of asking a question he'd prefer not to answer. It was an issue some of his warriors had trouble with back when it happened and the necessarity had been obvious. He wasn't sure that Natalya would understand.

Yet not answering would be dishonest and in the avatars opinion upholding the truth was one of his sacred duties.

'Back when I was at the height of my power I could grant all my warriors immunity to fire, so of course it became our weapon of choice against the warriors of darkness.' He began, looking at the walls of his sanctum, but not seeing them but the past. Yet he did not share the pictures with Natalya. It had been a dark time. Saying the words was hard enough.

'It is our goal to protect the innocents from Vayne. To create a world in which people don't hurt each other, a world in which no one has to suffer anymore. But Natalya this world hasn't been archieved yet, nor had it been back then.

Please believe me when I say we did everything in our power to try and save those who had been corrupted by Vaynes darkness with mind and body intact.

But where that wasn't possible, where hearts clung to his darkness willingly and persistently a hard decision had to be made eventually. Society is much like a human body. If part of it is infected and it proves impossible to heal it there comes a point were one either amputates or the whole body dies. And fire cleanses.'

There was sadness in Delucin's mindvoice but no guilt. He couldn't have acted differently without betraying the trust of the humans in his care.

'Vayne took it badly. I think up until that point he did not realize that his actions and that of his warriors could have consequences for him. That I'd be strong enough to allow something that is so much against my nature. But my first duty is to humankind, no matter the cost, I have to keep them save.'

Edited by Laura-Lana

((Way to set up reasoning for Eric's water manipulation abilities guys xd.png Bravo! happy.gif))

Eric watched and waited, sure enough just as the girl promised things became interesting. First the girl raised a pillar of flame and then Vayne walked through it. "Holy crap." He murmured to himself as Vayne started marching back to them burnt and peeved. The smell of burnt flesh didn't bother Eric so much, he'd committed a few heinous acts in his time that involved people and fire. Eric didn't hesitate, he motioned for the trio to follow him and then lead them back to his car. "Like I said before we'll take my car." He said already walking back to the restaurant. In truth he thought Vayne should see a doctor but the kid didn't seem to care. If the boy felt he could handle it Eric wouldn't stop him. Vayne dieing at this point wasn't his problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dwain listened and nodded as Faye laid out how things were. "Alright Faye, I'll trust you since you have more experience with this than I do." He said conceding to Faye's point.

Dwain's phone began ringing again. Natalya's number was flashing on the display and Dwain hurriedly answered the call. "It's Natalya. Natalya are you ok? What is going on?" He asked worried about the girl's safety.

Natalya had more or less accidentally not answered Delucin's question about Syth. It was better to explain in person, it didn't seem like something to do via telepathy. She waited in silence for the avatar to respond. When he explained, she frowned.

I see, she paused as she processed what he said. I'm not saying it feels like the right thing to do, but I've seen that the other side is willing to kill. I don't feel..."cleansing" should always be the answer, but I trust your judgement Delucin. And I trust Faye's judgement.

The girl lay her head weakly against the wall and closed her eyes. It was then that Dwain answered. "Hey," she said with a weak chuckle. "Eh...well. It seems I like to start harmless fires without warning. I was mad and I somehow accidentally set fire to Vayne's shoes. It wasn't hot, more like ice fire...Vayne apparently really hates fire..." she opened her eyes.

"I'm okay, but Vayne is a bloody mess and he's dissed. I'm out of sight behind the burger joint near the park. I'm fine. Just a bit tired." she said with a yawn. [/i]

Still boiling with anger Vayne followed Eric to his car. He hated this stupid childish form. In his own body and true power that girl would be nothing but a bloody pulp on the ground right now. His inability to stop her from fleeing vexed him so much that Vayne took his frustrations out on the trees and bushes as he passed them. A single swipe of his sword was enough to cut through thick branches and leave a trail of scattered vegetation in his wake.

He had seen the girl before at the school and probably would again. Next time she would not get away. That was his sole source of consolation.

His cell phone rang and Vayne wrenched it out of his pocket. It was Adriana.

"Well?" he snapped placing it to his ear.

Edited by Fortune86

Max followed obediently not talking much, she could feel Vayne’s anger easily but she didn’t let it put her down or anything. She should get him new clothes quickly, walking around with burnt clothes isn’t very bright she thought to herself wondering what size would do for the fellow. She was also surprised by how the new guy was handling it, he wasn’t a warrior yet and acted pretty calmly. Max could only shrug and continue her walk with them towards the car.

Syth had been watching out of the corner of his eyes while he ate. Pausing between two slics he pointed to the screen.

"Looking for something?" It was obvious he was askng out of boredom more then interest. He continued eating, waiting for an answer.

'It is to your credit that this thought does not settle well with you. Anyone with compassion would not like such a thing to happen. Do not think it was easy for me. But keep in mind that I AM the avatar of everything that is good in the human heart. If I decide such a thing is necessary then it is so. You have to trust me in that.'

Delucin's mindvoice was full of the warmth and love he felt for Natalya, yet the unsaid warning would be clear to someone of Natalya's intelligence anyway. Delucin wasn't prepared to accept anyone critizing any moral judement he made. He knew he was right and he expected everyone else to aknowledge that too.

Edited by Laura-Lana

Adriana furrowed her brow as Vayne snapped at her.

"You said to call you when I had taken Syth to a safe place," she frowned.

"Is something the matter, Vayne?" she asked cautiously.

Syth's question had not been lost to her so she held her finger up to tell him to hold on.

~

Natalya's gaze fell to the ground. She had noticed from earlier questions that he didn't like to have his morality questioned. She curbed her curiosity and decided to be more careful of how she phrased a question.

I know it was the right decision, Delucin. I trust you. she said truthfully.

Edited by evangeline5432

Dwain groaned a little at the news of Vayne being teed off. "Stay hidden and safe. We'll be there shortly." He said to Natalya through the phone. "She's moved to the back of the burger joint in that area. It would seem she accidentally set fire to Vayne's shoes." he said keeping Faye posted on the situation as it developed. "It may seem tought Natalya but don't get comfortable. The last thing anyone needs is you falling asleep while there is still a threat around." He added addressing her mention of being tired.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Your in the back pipsqueek." Eric said to Max non-chelantly as he climbed into the car, a four door Chevvy cobalt, that looked like it had seen better days. "Vayne you can explain the details to me in full while we are driving. Knowing exactly what I'll be up against will make a difference in the long run of finding you those orbs of yours." he said to Vayne trying to stay on business. Although he seemed calm on the outside he was more than a little unsettled by what he'd seen. His upbringing was what made him seem so immovable, having hammered the 'just deal with it' value into him at an early age was the biggest contributor to this.

Revan handed the cash to the clerk behind the register and waited for his change. He had decided to stop at a WaySub outlet and order himself a footlong sandwich. The lack of food at his house and the fact that Max had put him in a bad mood were contributing factors to his bad mood and desire to order take out.

As he continued to wait for the clerk to get the right amount of coins, he peered down at his watch and sighed. Time itself had decided to take it slow today as well.

"S.. s.. sorry for the wait.." stuttered the nervous clerk, it was obvious that she was still a newbie at her job.

ON:

If Vayne's howl was supposed to simply inspire fear that it did precisely that; Faye shuddered behind the wheel as the unearthly call penetrated the sound of her car's engine. But if that fear was supposed to make her cowl and run for cover it was a failure as the Punto instead accelerated in response to Vayne's frustration. If Vayne was angry and Natalya was in trouble then dithering and running away would only do harm, and while it did fill the Warrior of Light with fear she took that fear, accepted it, and then turned it into a grim resolve to do all she could to stop the Avatar of Darkness from doing more than simply scaring children and old women.

"She can sleep in a minute," Faye said as the Punto smoothly cornered and slowed as she reached the mid-town traffic, taking a sharp right down one of the small side-streets before emerging just a couple of hundred metres from Natalya. "He certainly didn't appreciate the fact that I could use fire as well. Perhaps it is something he is weak to?"

OFF

- Post by Faye

'And I trust you in return.' Delucin assured Natalya. And as long as this is true Vayne will be overcome in the end, he thought. His warriors follow him out of fear and greed and that simply is no match for love and trust.

He paused then said. 'Faye and Dwain should be there in a moment... There they are.'

Edited by Laura-Lana

"Sure. No problem." Max spoke as they finally reached the car. "Just make sure you drive the back roads. Police tend to have a sharp eye for the front seat passangers and since you will have a half barbaqued man up front you might stand out a bit." She stated, smiling, opening the back door and slidding in.

"The girl woke up and tried to ambush me" growled Vayne into the phone. "I will deal with her when we next meet. I take it Syth is secured?"

He strode over to Eric's car and flicked his wrist to fold his weapon up and slide it into place under what was left of his shirt. He would probably need new clothes as these were falling apart. That could be saved for later.

Vayne climbed into the front passenger's seat and waited for Eric to start the car.

"I will explain when we reach the Temple" he insisted. "It is a more suitable enviroment for what we need to discuss."

Revan left the WaySub store, in the process walking past two students he recognized from the school. He had earlier noticed them browsing through the bookshelves in the library. He watched momentarily as they got into the queue, before resuming his walk back to his car.

Opening the door to his car, he slid in to the drivers seat and placed the bag containing his sandwich and drink on the passenger seat. Due to a habit of his, he placed the passenger seat belt over the bag, a habit he picked up after a messy experience involving a red light and a Burger Queen meal splattered across the floor and seat.

He reached into the bag, pulling out the choco chip cookie he bought and placed it in his mouth, holding it there as he began to reverse out of his parking spot.

"I know how to do my job kid. While I'm at it, don't touch anything." Eric growled back at Max, who would find herself sitting next to a collection of navyblue briefcases complete with combination locks built in. Eric pulled out of the parking spot and moved to the parking lot entrance, he noted a punto speeding towards the resteraunt but thought nothing of it. He jerked his old Cobalt onto the road and turned away to travel down the streets. He turned onto a small side street he often took to avoid police. From there the entire trip was made hopping from one side street to the next although one could suspect with good reason that some of those side streets were actually just alleyways that happened to be clear of debris and wide enough to fit the cobalt. With the amount of checking Eric was doing it was clear he was watching out for police as much as if not more than other vehicles.

((You can just have us arrive at the temple if you like Fort happy.gif))

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Maybe, but we can speculate later." Dwain said offhandedly. "Sit tight Natalya we're in sight of the store." He said into the phone. Looking up Dwain spotted someone pulling out of the parking lot and driving away. "So how are we going to approach this? It will be difficult looking for Natalya while fighting off Vayne." he asked wanting to be prepared before heading out to fight against one of the avatars.

((Missed them by that much xd.png))

Edited by En'K'Haral

Adriana mentally flinched back at Vayne's tone but her facial expression remained the same.

"The girl...ambush?" she asked with subtle surprise. This wasn't the Natalya she's seen when she worked at the school.

"Yes Vayne. He's safe." she told him hoping he's tell her what he planned to do with the warrior of light. Adriana glanced over at Syth.

"What do you want us to do?" she asked, the question sounding more innocent then she meant it.

~

"I'm tired, Dwain." she said, her eyelids drooping. She blinked very slowly and Delucin's mental voice sounded further away. The blow to her head had been worse than it seemed and her body was still healing itself. The use of fire had taxed her as well as interrupted her healing. Sleep was her body's way of telling Natalya it needed to heal itself. The girl was very slowly drifting off.

ON:

"You get her in the car, I'll look after you both," Faye replied as she saw where Natalya was slumped against the building; slowing down she cast her eyes about for their enemy. It didn't fill her with confidence that they couldn't see him, since he could manipulate illusions, but she had to take what she saw this time. "There's a lever at the shoulder of your seat that allows it to flip forward so you can help her into the back. If I get caught up in a fight, I'd rather you drove away without me."

With that she pulled up barely a metre in front of Natalya and, without giving Dwain a chance to argue, popped the door and stepped out of the car with cane in hand, leaving the keys in the ignition for the time being as she closed the door and continued to scan for Vayne or his known companions.

OF

((OOC: A Fiat Punto only has three doors, so to get to the back seat you need to flp the front seats down, hence Faye's instructions to Dwain.))

- Post by Faye

"If he is secure go and meet with Revan at the train station" said Vayne. "Max and I will meet you later."

Vayne closed the cell phone and placed it back in his pocket. He raised his hands in front of him and inspected the burned flesh. The pain had already started to die down as the skin healed, but it would take a while to mend completely. He had been too rash in entering the fire, but the sudden flames appearing, so close to him and Eric, had enraged him beyond rational thought.

He remained silent for the rest of the journey. As Eric began to drive towards the Temple Vayne cast illusions over the car, allowing them to bypass the guards. Eric parked alongside the cars for the diggers and archaeologists. It would just be another vehicle here.

Vayne climbed out and gazed at the Temple of Dusk. He hated the place, but it was his only sanctuary until his full powers returned.

"Inside" he told Max and Eric, already starting to stride towards the Temple mouth.

“Relax grandpa.” Max spoke relaxing in the backseat. She watched the little hide and seek game they played with the car as they drove down alleys and so forth. When they finally reached the temple the girl quickly jumped out of the car following Vayne. She had to admit since she saw Revan got his power she was curious to see how it’s done again. Plus she could freely use some of her powers in the temple, like the gravity ability that she was slowly getting use to.

"Got ya." Dwain said little unsure about the him driving away bit, but he would do what he had too. As soon as Faye pulled up next to Natalya, he set his phone on the dash and was out of the car in an instant and already folding the seat down. Next he moved around the car to Natalya and hoisted her up . "You gotta stand a little bit for me kiddo. Let's get you to the car." As he gave her support with his shoulder while moving her over to the Punto. The added strength made things a lot easier, he was practically carrying her. Delucin we have Natalya, she's safe.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eric locked up his car and and followed Vayne inside the temple of Dusk. Never saw this place up close before, kinda creepy. He thought as they entered teh mouth of the temple. It was extremely dark inside but Eric could still make out the sillouhette of Vayne and Max ahead of him. "So kid, what's your name?" He asked Max casually as he followed Vayne.

Edited by En'K'Haral