Fortune86

Close Please ~ Died

Syth listenede to him talking, but it confused him a little. He understood the words but together they confused him. He think he knew what Vayne was saying, but he really wanted pizza. He wondered if there would be pizza at the hideout, maybe even pepperoni.

"Well, lead the way oh lord of darkness or death or whatever it is that you're meant to represent. To me your just Vayne, someone who could kill me the second he wanted to without me even knowing." He chuckled to imself, as if he had made a joke.

Vayne raised an eyebrow at the 'lord of death' comment but remained silent. He didn't need to listen to Syth's ramblings to know his mind was scrambled. He could feel the dementia radiating off him.

When they reached the gates Vayen turned to Eric.

"This is Syth. He officially works for our competitors, but he is undergoing....a crisis of faith at the moment. I have decided to offer him sanctuary for the time being."

Vayne looked to Adriana.

"I can not take Syth back to the Temple with Eric. The brat's mark will prevent him entry. Is there anywhere you can hide him?"

Even as Natalya fell into unconsciousness, her body started healing itself. She slowly became aware of her surroundings but she was not able to wake up. Syth's hands seemed cold and his tone even more chilling. He'd attacked her! She felt scared, and angry.

Vayne. Vayne had done this to her friend. She wanted to scream out her fellow warrior's name in warning but in her half unconscious state it came out muffled and barely audible.

"Syth." she groaned quietly and started to move. Then there was another hand touching her arm. That was the last she remembered before she fell into a deep sleep. She would stay asleep only as long as they were there.

Adriana had stayed near Vayne but she allowed a gap between them as he spoke to Syth. As the two walked away, she noticed the girl stirring. When Syth turned his back away from her, Adriana made her way over and placed a hand on the girl's arm. Just as quickly she broke away and walked back toward the others as they moved nearer to the gates. She mirrored Vayne's dark smile at mention of Syth's struggle.

Adriana looked at Vayne as he requested her to take the teacher to a safe place.

"Yes, I know a place." she turned to Syth.

"Do you have your phone with you?"

Syth pulled out out and flipped it open.

"Yeah, you want the number or something?" He raised an eyebrow, seeming to be cautious about handing it over. He glancd toward Natalya, and then too Vayne. Gazing toward Vayne's ally, he waited for her answer.

"Toss it; leave it with the girl. Turn it off and remove the battery. I don't care but they could trace you with it." Adriana told him.

"Then come with me, we need to leave. The girl will be awake soon and she will try to contact the others. You won't have a chance if they make it. No life need be lost." she told him making her way to her bike. She pulled another helmet off the back and tossed it to Syth. She put her own on, climbed on, and revved her bike.

"We need to leave."

ON:

"Just there," Faye nodded as they turned one last corner and headed towards some of the larger, stand-alone buildings in this more uptown part of Wallace. She hadn't consulted a map or street-signs once during their drive, navigating with unnerving accuracy as if she visited this manor every day.

OFF

- Post by Faye

Eric watched Vayen and Adrianna leave to dedal with whatever it was they were dealing with. He used the time to think to himself. The girl doesn't like me, I'll have to watch my back around her. I wonder why I was willing to work for the runt, normally I would have turned him down without a second thought. Vayne and the other returned while Eric was pondering his choice. Vayne introduced Syth and Eric snorted. "Crisis of faith? What are you some kind of zealot?" Eric said sarcastically to Syth. Adrianna said she would take Syth someplace to hide while Vayne and Eric went to some temple. "You mean the temples that they've been diggin up? We can take my car." He said to Vayne casually. As he heard Adrianna explain to Syth what to do with his phone he became even more wary of her. The only people who seriously worried about being tracked through their phone were the ones who were in real deep with groups like the government. Now I'm curious about these people's objective.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Cool." He said plainly before returning to the phone. "Natalya I gotta go we've just arrived. Natalya...Hello?" He pulled the phone away from his ear. He hadn't heard the scuffle between her and Syth but he did here some voices on the other side but they were very faint and they only got fainter. "Natalya isn't answering. Maybe she hung up by accident, I'll try calling her on my phone." He said pulling out his own phone and copying Natalya's number from Faye's phone onto it. He selected her from his contacts list and called Natalya's number again. "I'll be sure to keep it short Faye. I wouldn't want this getting in the way of what we're doing here." He said as the phone rang.

Syth shrugged and tossed his phone into the nearby bin and shrugged, she could always get a new one later. Glancing to Eric he rolled his eyes.

"Sure, whatever you want." Picking up the helmet he paused and sniffed it before sighing and placing it on his head and hopping on the bike. Putting his arms around her waist to keep him from falling off.

Eric watched Vayen and Adrianna leave to dedal with whatever it was they were dealing with. He used the time to think to himself. The girl doesn't like me, I'll have to watch my back around her. I wonder why I was willing to work for the runt, normally I would have turned him down without a second thought. Vayne and the other returned while Eric was pondering his choice. Vayne introduced Syth and Eric snorted. "Crisis of faith? What are you some kind of zealot?" Eric said sarcastically to Syth. Adrianna said she would take Syth someplace to hide while Vayne and Eric went to some temple. "You mean the temples that they've been diggin up? We can take my car." He said to Vayne casually. As he heard Adrianna explain to Syth what to do with his phone he became even more wary of her. The only people who seriously worried about being tracked through their phone were the ones who were in real deep with groups like the government. Now I'm curious about these people's objective.

Vayne nodded his agreement to Eric's suggestion. He quite liked riding in cars. They were so much more comfortable and efficient than horses.

"Very well" he told Eric. "We need to depart for the Temple of Dusk. Once there I will be able to explain in greater detail about the task in hand. Then you can decide if you still wish to aid us. I can tell you are having your doubts."

He turned to Ariana and Syth.

"Call me as soon as he is secured. We don't want anything to happen to him."

Yet he added in the privacy of his mind. Syth was still a light warrior after all. If he proved difficult he would have to be disposed of.

Unknowingly, Adriana had the same thought in her mind. Normally, she would not hesitate killing him if he caused a great amount of trouble, but for now Vayne clearly wanted him. Adriana nodded to Vayne.

"Alright." she said, letting her hold slip from the girl's mind. With that, she took off. Soon they had disappeared from view. When they hit the open roads, Adriana wasted no time speeding up.

~~

Natalya stared to stir. She slowly opened her eyes and blinked away the bluriness. Her phone buzzed but she didn't move for a moment. She moved her hand slowly and pushed herself up. She groaned softly. She lifted her hand toward the back of her head. There was something in her hair and she pulled it away to realize it was dry blood. It seemed that her body had healed, but she was still sore. Natalya stretched her neck. What happened?

The girl reached for her phone...too late. The call went to voicemail. She looked around and caught sight of Vayne and the other man leaving. Suddenly, she felt sick. SYTH! Where was he?! Had he just...? She looked in Vayne's direction with anger and she moved her hand toward the phone. She slowly sat up completely and swung her leg out from under the table. Her foot came into contact with the slightly wet grass.

The ground around Vayne's feet suddenly caught fire without warning. Natalya blinked in surprise. Had she done that?? She quickly called the last number that had called her.

"Dwaine...is that you?" she asked in a shaky voice as she looked down at her feet. The fire was burning around her feet too. It was cold and blue, but nonetheless she was surprised. The fire grew hotter but didn't burn her.

-

About half an hour later, and many very confusing turns, Adriana finally stopped the bike. She placed her feet on the ground to steady herself. They were in a place that rented out old storage units. She put the kick stand down and waited for Syth to get off.

Once he had, she put a cover over the bike and headed toward a back storage unit that had no number. She unlocked it and rolled the door up. Inside was a bed, a fridge, an old light, a bookcase, a carpet covering the floor, and a couch in the corner.

"Come on boyo, no time to waste."

Syth followed Andria inside, and gazed around. It wasn't much, but it was better then a jail cell. He walked over to the bed and tested it before sitting down and gazing to her.

"So you live here, or is this only a safehouse? And if you don't mind me asking, a name would be nice."

Vayne yelped in surprise as fire suddenly sprouted from the ground around his feet. He looked around in confusion and his eyes landed on the now awake Natalya. His eyes narrowed and filled themselves with murder. Fire. He hated fire. How many of his previous followers had been lost to the flames? He would have been quite content to let the girl sleep on the grass, but now she would pay for her actions.

Using his superior strength he put his hand on Eric's chest and pushed him clear of the flames, knocking him across the park. As he was not a warrior he would be of no use right now.

Vayne kept his venomous glare on Natalya and began to stride towards her. His right hand reached up behind his back and extracted Omega. The blade slid out and clicked its self into place as Vayne raised his arm in preperation to strike.

((Congrats Nat. You just did the one thing guaranteed to really upset Vayne o3o))

Max was still wandering around, walking down familiar alleys and keeping an eye out on her surroundings. She also made a few stops to get some stuff. Vayne had mentioned earlier today that his opponent has a few members. Just as she turned around the corner an odd sight stood before her. Blue flames by the park blazed and just walking out of it was Vayne.

“Interesting.” She spoke to herself walking closer to see what is happening. Max noticed to who Vayne was walking, it was the woman from last night who tired catch her. Walking into the park using a different entrance Max took a seat under the tree where she could get the best view.

“You can do it Vayne.” She cheered supportively.

((I wonder if I can get the little girl talk to Syth about the orb and he tells the group around Vayne?))

Delucin's heart almost stopped as he heard Fayes description of the new orb. Finally! And unlike the other orbs this one hadn't revealed itself so Vayne wouldn't know unless one of his followers had the same research ability that Faye and Dwain had.

In his excitement he forgot to answer Natalya, who had called out for him.

The other two started to discuss the best way to get the orb and he was about to pinch in when his connection apruptly broke.

Yet another time shift.

Delucin searched for his warriors again and his eyes widend when he connected to Natalya.

She was on the ground and Vayne, surrounded by blue flame, walked toward her, Omega in hand. He saw the girl Max in the distance and a young man he didn't reacognize lying in the gras not far from the flame.

Vayne looked enraged. Not really surprising giving their history.

'Fire cleanses, my warrior. But I am not sure there is a fire hot enough to cleanse Vayne from this world and I don't want to see you hurt. .' He told Natalya and tried to strengthen her healing ability over the distance to speed her recovery. He hoped he wasn't going to hurt her with his next words but he really needed her out of there, before Vayne reached her. 'I don't doubt your courage, but you are outnumbered and engaging them in the public would be bad anyway. Other people might get injured. Please don't allow him to involve you into a fight. Retreat.'

Vayne certainly deserved to be burned, but even if it was possible to get rid of him so easily Delucin had his doubts that Natalya was up for the task. Lurking in her mind he was almost certain that she had caused the fire accidentally and it needed determination to burn someone alive.

Finding no other way but to burn the evil away was a horrific choice and one he hoped his warriors wouldn't have to face anytime soon.

'Faye? Dwaine? Natalya is injured in the park and Vayne and at least one of his warriors might be after her. She needs to get out of there quickly.' He send the thought with an accompanying picture of her.

He still could not connect to Syth.

Edited by Laura-Lana

"Gah!" Eric had been about to lead Vayne to the car and drive off but flames sprung up around them, then before he knew what was happening Eric was being hurled through the air and into the park to land roughly on the ground. He moaned as he sat up. "What the heck was that?" He heard a young girl's voice cheering for Vayne not to far away. Eric looked around and spotted Max as well as Natalya and Vayne. Vayne was closing in on the girl with...was that a sword? There were flames around the girl's feet as well. The student cheering for Vayne seemed to have a grasp of the situation so Eric stood up drawing his knife as he did and walked over to Max. "You seem to know what's going on. Care filling me in on that Vayne kid?" It was now blatantly obvious that there was more to this job than just a race to find orbs but what that was exactly escaped him. IN any case it was clear he hadn't charged this kid nearly enough. Too late now I guess.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The phone clicked over to voicemail. "Shoot now she isn't picking-" He had been redialing his phone rang. "Yeah it's me, what's going-" Dwain was destined to not finish any of his sentences today as Delucin's voice broke through and the light avatar informed both Dwain and Faye of the situation. We can't afford to miss this opportunity but neither can we abandon Natalya. Dwain frowned as his mind buzzed again until he came to a conclusion, a compromise. "Faye, I'll stay here and see what I can do about the orb, you go and get Natalya as quickly as possible. Don't fight Vayne or his warriors, just get Natalya and get out." He said concluding that since Faye was better at combat she would be able to handle the situation better, that and she could drive. Dwain climbed out of the car and closed the door signalling that Faye shouldn't waste any time.

((Can I ask you to fill in the role of the orb family Kestra? And I hope it was ok to bunny Faye and Dwain to the front of the mansion. It doesn't actually say this in the post but I presumed they stopped in front of the home while Dwain was talking to Natalya and Delucin. If that wasn't cool I can re-work the post.))

Edited by En'K'Haral

Natalya cursed softly as Vayne looked back at her. That was the second time she had accidentally started a fire but this one seemed more deadly for her. She didn't need Delucin to tell her that she didn't stand a chance against Vayne. Even though she knew how to fight, Vayne had bee alive much longer. He was more experienced and he had a full arsenal of tricks up his selves. She stood up quickly and fought off the dizziness she felt. As both her feet came into contact with the earth, the fire grew hotter. A six foot tall wall flared up between her and Vayne. This fire was meant to burn, it would not be as kind as the harmless fire she had accidentally started earlier. Natalya heard a girl yelling across the way and she saw another of Vayne's warriors.

"Perhaps another day, Vayne. Let Syth know I forgive him." she said before turning and disappearing behind the wall of fire and into the park. She knew Vayne would not pass on the message, but she had said it regarless. The wall of fire burned strong for a few minutes, but then it slowly faded. Natalya was no where to be seen.

A ways away, Natalya willed the fire to cease burning. She held a hand to her stomach, she felt sick and her head hurt. She quickly ran behind some buildings and disappeared from view. She wasn't out of the blue though. Vayne wasn't far away.

Unfortunately, she hadnt heard Dwain. She had dropped her phone by now.

-

Adriana chuckled, "No Syth. This is just a safe house my husband set up. It should be safe enough for now until we figure out something better. There's pizza in the fridge if you want..." she said, knowing full well of her ex-coworker's obsession. She eyed him at his request for a name.

"You can call me Alaina. Why are you here, Syth?" she asked.

Edited by evangeline5432

((Kestra, feel free to take the Sommer family over when you are around smile.gif

Since I don't see you here at the moment I hope no one minds if I continue to play them, though))

Ms Sommers, Angela's mother was sitting in the kitchen, drinking an expensive green tea and reading a fashion magazine.

She heard a cars engine in front of her house and rose reluctantly. She wasn't expecting guests, so who could it be?

--

'Forgive Syth?' Delucin could see pictures in Natalya's mind as she gave Vayne the message. Surely Syth wouldn't have attacked Natalya. He had to be missing something here.

((OOC: Enk, just a slight change to the post - I'm okay with us stopping outside the house, but Faye's fought Vayne one-to-one so knows that she'll need a bit of help... -KM))

ON:

Dwain was witness to one of the rarest occurrences on the planet; Faye swearing. It was short, it was quiet, but it encapsulated exactly how she felt. As one of her friends was wont to say, she was a 'precision F-bomb user.'

As they pulled up near the mansion and Dwain made to get out the car he found himself very much unable to finish the job of exiting the vehicle. Enhanced reflexes and superior strength combined as Faye shot out her hand and took an extremely firm grip on the shoulder of her companion and forced him to remain seated. "Close the door," she instructed him, that quiet but commanding tone coming through once again. "If Vayne is there, it will take all of us to hold our ground this time."

As Dwain closed the door Faye floored the accelerator, and in a surprising display of drivership the Punto swiftly moved up through the speed limit and into town, her mind having already drawn Natalya's location from the mental image Delucin had sent. "Delucin, tell Natalya to run and hide. We're on the way."

((Tag: Dwain; if you're happy with Dwain being kept in the car and he agrees to come with Faye, then the last paragraph stands. If not, I'll change it as we go -KM))

- Post by Faye

Syth seemed to teleport to the fridge and open it, pulling a slice out and bitting into it, cold. He turned, pizza half hanging out of his mouth when he asked him why he was here. He paused and throught for a moment.

"If I had to try and express it. The main thing I want is pizza, the other thing is my job back." He returned to eating his pizza.

((It's fine happy.gif))

Dwain was practically forced to stay seated as he atempted to get out. He complied as faye instructed him to close the door. But he shook his head. "Faye I'm not familier with my abilities. I won't be any good in a head to head fight with Vayne. However-ah!" Faye floored it through the city before Dwain could finish. Once he recollected himself he spoke again. "This isn't holding our ground Faye. We just need to get Natalya and get out. We don't need to go into a battle on this one. All that needs to be done is recovering Natalya." He said hoping to keep them on track. Dwain wasn't yet confident in his fighting ability and wanted to avoid a conflict at this stage because of that.

Adriana chuckled softly as the man rushed over to the fridge. She turned on the lights in the small make-shift room and pulled the door down. Once it was fastened, she made her way over to a poorly lit area near the back. Turning on a light, she removed a cover from the huge lump in the corner. Underneath was a computer resting on a desk. She pulled up a seat and say down. As she turned on the computer, she turned slightly to face Syth.

"Pizza hmm. You must know the best places around, then." she paused, her calculating gaze boring through him.

"Vayne could get you your job back if he really wished." she told him before turning to fully face the computer. Not to be mistakened, Adriana was still watch Syth closely out of the corner of her eye.

Edited by evangeline5432

Syth smille, and nodded.

"Yep, there's this one nearby the park that sells pizza. Or use to anyway." He frowned, he wasn't sure why they hadn't had it. His gaze turned to her as she spoke and then turned away. He opened the fridge and pulled out the entire thing and began chowing down with even more gutso.

"I know..."

ON:

"Just because we don't want to fight doesn't mean Vayne won't want to fight," Faye replied as she smoothly weaved through the city. Although she wasn't firing through the streets at any great rate of knots she was still comfortably above the speed limit as she made her way through mid-afternoon traffic, that lull between the school run and rush hour. "I can hold out against Vayne long enough for you to get Natalya safely into the car if he forces a conflict." She glanced sideways at her companion. "I'm sorry Dwain, but we can't be sure that we can simply drive up, throw her in the back and drive away. I have to assume there's going to be a battle whether we like it or not."

OFF

- Post by Faye

Max watched curiously to see what Vayne would do but her attention was drawn when someone spoke to her. She tilted her head a little looking at him puzzled, she then wondered if he might have approached him in order to join the team.

“Don’t know that much. I was only recruited yesterday.” She spoke returning her gaze back to the fight. “But trust me things do get interesting when Vayne is in the area. So why don’t you sit down and watch.”

Natalya cursed softly as Vayne looked back at her. That was the second time she had accidentally started a fire but this one seemed more deadly for her. She didn't need Delucin to tell her that she didn't stand a chance against Vayne. Even though she knew how to fight, Vayne had bee alive much longer. He was more experienced and he had a full arsenal of tricks up his selves. She stood up quickly and fought off the dizziness she felt. As both her feet came into contact with the earth, the fire grew hotter. A six foot tall wall flared up between her and Vayne. This fire was meant to burn, it would not be as kind as the harmless fire she had accidentally started earlier. Natalya heard a girl yelling across the way and she saw another of Vayne's warriors.

"Perhaps another day, Vayne. Let Syth know I forgive him." she said before turning and disappearing behind the wall of fire and into the park. She knew Vayne would not pass on the message, but she had said it regarless. The wall of fire burned strong for a few minutes, but then it slowly faded. Natalya was no where to be seen.

A ways away, Natalya willed the fire to cease burning. She held a hand to her stomach, she felt sick and her head hurt. She quickly ran behind some buildings and disappeared from view. She wasn't out of the blue though. Vayne wasn't far away.

Unfortunately, she hadnt heard Dwain. She had dropped her phone by now.

As Vayne approached the girl another wall of flames appeared in his path. It was taller and more intense than those that had just licked at his heels, but apart from the slightest hesitation he ploughed on, intent on his revenge.

When he stepped foward into fire he felt it lick at his clothes and skin. The searing of his flesh was painful, but he was so consumed by his desire to kill that he ignored it. The only hinderance he acknowledged was that the fire made it near impossible to see.

"Perhaps another day, Vayne. Let Syth know I forgive him."

Vayne sneered at her words and turned towards the sound, but when he exited the flames the girl had gone. His mouth twitched with frustration, enraged that he had been denied, and he stood seething on the spot. Suddenly he threw back his head and screamed at the sky above.

It was not a noise that could be associated with any known creature. It was pure rage and murderous intent given sound. Vayne's cries echoed across Wallace, causing people all over to stop and listen, wondering what the noise was. Little old women mumbled about demons and made signs of protection. Dogs whined and tried to hide under the furniture. Cats hissed and spat. Small children burst into tears.

Eventually Vayne closed his mouth and pulled himself together. Still furious and ignoring the burning smell of his own body he turned on his heel and began to march back towards Eric and Max.

"We are going to the Temple" he snapped. "Now."

Only someone very brave or very foolish would try to anger Vayne further now. One of his eyes was a bloody mess where the fire had caught it. His mood was so bad it could be felt several paces away.