Fortune86

Close Please ~ Died

Adriana took a small step back to allow a small space between them. Reven got straight to business which hinted that working for a rich Nan's boy might not be do bad.

"At the temple. I was told to compete and meet you. Did Vayne tell you where we should be going? There is a lot of ground to cover and I'm not sure when our boss will get here.

Might you have any suggestions, Revan?" Adriana told him.

"Supposedly there is another one of those orb things, that he is collecting hidden under St. Merrylin's school... " he paused, sighing at how complicated his life was becoming. "According to Max... there is supposed to be some sort of underground path leading from here to the school... but I don't know exactly where it is... we just have to wait for them to arrive..."

As he finished talking, he looked around the area. There didn't seem to be anything unusual or anything to suggest that there was a way to get to the school from here.

Edited by TotallyDrow

Vayne nodded at Max's suggestion and began to rise from his throne. He stopped for a moment when something struck him. Was that another orb he felt? He hesitated but stood up anyway. The trace was faint. It could wait until later.

He looked over at Eric who was still on his knee.

"Coming?"

((Crap post is crap T-T))

About half an hour or so had passed since Mrs Impatient left the store. No one else had entered since then, giving Alex very little to do in the store. It was still about an hour or so before the truck came with the scheduled new stock of bottle drinks, snacks, candies, cold sandwiches etc That would have to be either put in storage, or used to refill the shelves and fridges.

His cup of noodles now rested at the bottom of the waste basket, the newspaper acting as its sole companion in the small bin. With little to do he sat there, his head resting on top of his arms, and his arms crossed over the desk as he stared at the clock on the wall.. waiting for the time to dwindle down towards the end of his shift.

The bells jingled, not once but twice causing Alex to quickly lift his head off the counter. Brushing the hair outta his face, he looked around the store, spotting a couple of students, no older then 15 enter the store, heading towards the corner containing all the different crisp's.

A few minutes passed before they arrived at the counter, a bag of crisp, two bottles of Soda and a pack of mints the only things they wanted. Alex reached for the scanner, confident that it would work this time.. he had tested it several times after the woman left and it didn't have any issues. Picking it up, he began the monotonous task of placing each item under the scanner, one after another before collecting the money and handing over the change. The boys left soon afterwards, walking down and street and out of sight.

As Alex watched them leave the store, he saw a commotion occur on the opposite side of the street, a middle aged man bolting in one direction and a teenager he thought he recognized from school flat on there rear. If he had been on the same side of the road as the guy, he would have offered to help.. but seeing how he wasn't he stayed put. After all, by the time he got there someone else would have helped, or he would have gotten up by himself, the former taking place as he saw an older woman help him up.

With that scene pretty much ended and his store once again devoid of any life besides his, he returned his head to its rightful spot on the counter and resumed the torturous task of waiting for his shift to end.

Syth eventually grew tired of the small room, and carefully tucked the money away before straightening himself up and glancing to the door. Turning the TV off, he walked down the road and decided to look around. After finding a shop that sold frozen pizzas, he grabbed a fex boxes and headed into another store, advertising something. After finishing his errand, he grabbed a small candy bar and headed back to the safehouse, munching it down enthusiastiaclly. It wasn't pizza but it would do for now.

Eric coughed a couple times as max explained things to him. "Is that a fact?" He said sarcastically to Max. He could almost sense the girl gloating and wanted so badly to punch her in the face for it. Instead he simply stood at Vayne's beckoning. "Yeah. Although if what squirt here has to say is true could you elaborate on this power thing as we drive?" He said to Vayne still huffing from the shock. He would follow the others out to his car again when they made to leave.

ON:

Faye drove with quiet determination to the temple, her thoughts simmering in her mind. What had happened to Syth now? Why was Natalya attacked so openly and by who? The last few days had been difficult to say the least and she doubted any of them had yet fully understood the weight of responsibility on their shoulders, but at least she could take heart that the three of them in the car were already starting to form a bond. But Syth...what was it that made him so stand-offish, not willing to accept their help or support? Perhaps it was simply the stress, and while she was sure Delucin knew what he was doing when he chose the teacher she couldn't help but question if Syth had been ready to take on so much so soon. Perhaps he needed longer than them to assimilate what was going on - or, conversely, he was quicker at getting to the point where he needed time to understand what was happening, while the rest of them were still unaware.

Reaching the Temple Faye parked up close to the entrance, hoping they could get Natalya out and into their patron's domain without anyone noticing. She hoped that their youngest companion had recovered enough to get to her own two feet.

OFF

- Post by Faye

"It doesn't seem like anyone is paying close attention. We should be able to get in easily enough." Dwain said after observing their surroundings. He looked back into the seat and sighed. It seemed as thogh Natalya was still sleeping. He reached back and gave her a gentle shake. "Hey Natalya we're here you need to wake up." He said trying to rouse her gently. Edited by En'K'Haral

((*poke* Delucin))

Natalya heard no reply from Delucin. She was relieved there were no more questions. She slipped into her dreams and all sounds in the outside world were lost from her.

Something jostled here somewhere. She bolted upright, fist raised and ready to carry through. That was when she noticed Dwain as the one who had seemingly been responsible for waking her up. She glared sleepily at him as she lowered her fist.

"Where are we?" she asked groggily. With eyes drooping, she climbed out of the car. She immediately grabbed onto Dwain's arm for support. She didn't really register her surroundings. She seemed more like a sleep walker then anything.

"I do not know what powers the Temple has blessed you with" said Vayne as he made his way to the door. "That is something you must figure out for yourself. Do not worry, for it will not be hard. You may find yourself using them out of instinct should a situation arise."

He walked out the door and into the labyrinthine corridors of the Temple. He did not want to delay searchinf for the orb under the school any longer.

Eric followed Vayne through the labyrinth of the temple until they were out. from there he lead them back to his car. As they walked he thought about his powers. Vayne said he might use them by instinct, perhaps they were related to that in some way. "What is my instinct when trouble gets started....book it of course. Unless it's my problem I ain't sticking around. But how would that manifest in a power?" He continued to ponder on his powers in silence.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dwain received a death glare from the newly awakened Natalya. "We're at the temple of dawn. We decided you would be safest here for recuperation. Besides, I'm sure Delucin would be happy for the company." He said trying to change the angry/sleepy Natalya's mood. "Faye and I are going to go after the lead once your safe and sound, on top of that no one will wake you up for a bit." Dwain explained still avoiding the word Orb.

Vayne climbed into the passenger's seat of Eric's car and waited for him to start driving. He could see a couple of security guards in the distance, but there were too deep in conversation to pay any attention to their small group. They were paid to keep people out after all, not stop them from leaving.

Vayne was slightly irked by this. If these people had any true understanding of the Temple's purpose and value their security measures would have been a great deal more effective.

"We need to go to thr train station" he said to Eric. "We will be meeting the rest of our forces there."

Edited by Fortune86

The phone rang, startling Alex and causing the pen he was trying to balance between the bottom of his nose and the top of his lip to fall on the floor. Swiveling around on the stool, he turned to pick up the phone.

Sighing, he placed the phone down and walked over to the wall cabinet, picking out the store keys. Making sure the store was empty, he walked round the counter towards the front door and locked it, turning the open sign around to closed. The store itself wasn't closed, he just had to go round the back and help the deliveryman unload the new shipment of products.

Making sure the door was locked properly, he placed the keys on the counter and headed towards the back, where the deliveryman had all ready began to unload several boxes from the back of his truck.

"Here, let me help with that.." offered Alex, who placed both hands under one of the boxes.

Edited by TotallyDrow

Once everyone was seated Eric started driving. He went straight to the train station again using shortcuts and back alleys. Eric continued to ponder about his powers until he mentally gave up. Just gonna have to wait and see. He concluded although with mild dissatisfaction. Before long they arrived at the station and Eric got out of the car. "Lock the doors when you get out." He said reflexively to Max and Vayne as he locked and closed his own door. He hadn't been worried back at the temple because the place was pretty far out of the way but here at the train station was different story. He actually did a number of his deals here too.

((I presumed Max came along happy.gif))

Edited by En'K'Haral

Natalya looked at Dwain with a rather suspiousious stare. She seemed more awake now as her eyes flickered from one to the other. She still felt fatigued, she wasn't sure why. Sure hadn't used her powers that much? Was it because of her head injury?

"Leave me here?" she frowned, "but i'm fine!!" there was silence for a moment as Natalya used Dwain's arm for support.

"Fine, if I cant go, you'll at least call me if I'm needed?"

~~

Adriana sighed, "Great...well, while we wait, I'll go download blueprints of this Godforsaken place."

The woman took out her phone and started doing different things. A few moments later, she was muttering something about crooks, money, and map. She showed Revan.

"There are a few places this orb could be in. Did Vayne saw anything more specific?"

"Nope" replied Revan, barely even looking at the phone Adriana held before him. Revan was not the type to put much thought into blueprints. He glanced down at his watch wandering just how long it would take the others to get here.

Returning both hands into his pockets, he rested his back against the wall and watched the traffic on the road. A convenient store was located across the street, and he wondered if he had time to grab a drink. Before he could say anything though, he saw the convenient store employee lock the door and flip the open sign around, so that it now read 'closed'. He sighed.

Vayne shut and locked the car door behind him and looked up at the train station. He wasn't exactly sure what a 'train' was, although from he could manage to glean was that they were a way of moving a lot of people from to a destination all at once.

As he walked up to the building he could hear a low rumbling noise that nevertheless also felt very loud. It caused the building to shake slightly. Vayne looked around in alarm, but none of the people mulling about here seemed perturbed. Moments later the rumbling turned into a screech that made Vayne's ears tingle. Again no one took any notice.

Eventually he saw Reven and Adriana near the entrance. He began to walk towards them.

Adriana chuckled inwardly at Revan's calamities. She checked the time and then checked her phone again. Where was Vayne? She waited a bit longer, tapping her foot in silent annoyance.

About twenty minutes later, a boy about Vayne's "age" caught her eye.

"Revan." she called out, watching the boy. A moment later, he clearly came into view. It was Vayne. She stayed where she was and waited for their patron to make his way over to her.

Eric followed Vayne inside the train station, he was mildly amused at the boy's skittishness. "You can relax, that's train. Unless something has gone wrong we'll be fine." He explained as Vayne looked around in alarm. Vayne seemed to spot someone and when Eric looked in the same direction he saw the lady from the park along with some other guy. He gave them a casual wave as he followed after Vayne towards them.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"At the risk of being captain obvious I'd like to point out your currently using me for support." Dwain said in response to her proclamation of being just fine. Thankfully she didn't need any convincing, she seemed to just go with things as they were. "Of course we'll call you, between the three of us only you and Faye have real combat experience. Although I'll give it my best shot of course." He added the last bit as they started walking towards the temple of dawn.

Edited by En'K'Haral

Max strode along the whole why in silence, from the temple to the car till they reached the train station. Climbing out and locking the car she continued her walk in silence, observing along the way. She noticed Vayne acting all alarmed as the noises of the station echoed through the building. She could only smile at him, finding it funny for someone like him to rediscover the world at its current state.

“Now we have to wait for the train to leave.” Max stated as joined the group.

Vayne looked round at Eric when he explained the source of the noise. That was a train? It sounded quite large. Some kind of animal perhaps? He nodded at Adriana and Revan and headed inside the building. There were more people inside the station, some of them standing at kiosks. They all seemed to be absorbed in their own interests, not giving their small group any notice.

"How long will it take for the train to leave" Vayne asked Max. "And where can we access these tunnels?"

Max looked around the building trying to locate the nearest time schedule for the trains. Luckily one of the big screens hanged close by. Quickly reading through it her eyes located which exit they should take.

“In about four minutes.” She spoke still looking at the screen. “We better head to gate 7 on the west side. From there after the train has left we can head into the tunnel.”

Natalya muttered at Dwain under her breath.

"Captain oblivious more like it." she said out of annoyance. It wasn't really directed completely at him out of truth, more out of groggy spite.

"Yeah, and look where it got me." she said, one hand settled on his arm as she walked slowly.

"Faye was able to hold her own against Vayne, instead I run like a scared rabbit." she said with a frown.

They passed through the entrance of the temple. It wouldn't take long before they reached the main room.

--

Adriana turned and waved for Revan to follow. She moved to stand near Vayne and the other girl.

"I don't believe we've properly met...I'm Adriana. And you are?" she asked, looking from at each of the new recruits in turn.

Revan followed behind Adriana, his hands in his pockets and a rather disinterested/bored expression etched across his face. Beside Max and Vayne stood an older man, whom he had not seen before.

Unlike Adriana, who openly introduced herself, he remained quiet and waited for their group to begin their mission. At the back of his mind, he was wondering what todays new episode of his show was about.. and silently cursed that he would be unable to see it, till later.

Dwain chuckled at the spiteful comment and again when she started beating up on herself. "He's the avatar of Darkness. In otherwords, the big bad guy. I'm actually surprised Faye held her own instead of running. Being scared of something that is scary by nature just shows your brain's working right. Not that standing against him means your brain is malfunctioning of course." Dwain said as they stopped before the main door. We're here Delucin. How do I open this thing? Dwain adjusted Natalya so that he was supporting her better.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Name's Eric Pettygood." Eric replied casually to Adrianna. He glanced over to Revan who seemed completely disinterested in meeting new people. Fine by him though, Eric didn't need to know the kid's name to work with him. "Do you mean the train tunnel? If that's the case when does the next train arrive? I don't fee like getting squashed today." He stated sceptically.