Fortune86

Close Please ~ Died

((Sure.))

There were two long windows positioned on either side of the door. A flowing white curtain shielded the view inside from prying eyes. When Faye pressed on the doorbell, a chimes started gently gently from inside the house. A few seconds later, the sounded faded away and silence fell. Everything was quiet for a few minutes, it wasn't until a few minutes later that the pitter-patter of bare feet came ever closer toward the door. The curtain was brushed aside and a little girl of about six peered shyly up at them. Her blue eyes surveyed both if them and she quickly darted away.

"Nana!" a little voice called out and the little girl ran off.

A couple seconds later there was the sound of a couple locks being unbolted, then the door opened to reveal a woman in black slacks and a white shirt. She looked Faye and Dwaine((assuming he's there...)) over before speaking up.

"Yes? Can I help you?"

The little girl ran up from behind and peered up at the two while hiding behind the woman.

Back in his car and on the road, Revan decided to take a slightly longer route back to the temple. he had heard on the radio about a truck accident occuring down the shorter route which was causing traffic and decided that taking the longer route would be faster in this case.

With the traffic and accident report on the radio over, he flipped stations until he was satisfied.

ON:

Faye smiled at both woman and child as she spoke. "Hi there, my name's Faye and I'm part of the research team at the excavation site. This is Dwain, a research associate from Wallace," she said by way of introduction, handing her identity card to the other woman. "This is the Sommers residence, isn't it? I've heard a lot about your family since the excavation works started and I was hoping I could meet you in relation to your collection." Faye's voice held all the excitement and intensity a young researcher would have, given they were meeting a goldmine of information and what could amount to their version of a local hero.

OFF

-Post by Faye

Dwain stood quietly by as Faye introduced the pair. "It's a pleasure to meet you." He said simply with a smile. He saw the girl poke her head out from behind the older woman. He gave the child a warm smile and a little wave. She was clearly the shy type. He returned his attention to the woman before them. "We hope that you'll be willing to talk with us."

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh trust me I will definitely be getting some serious rest tonight." He said rather distractedly. His mind had shifted to his powers, what exactly could he do? The girl that Vayne had attacked could make fire which was pretty epic but very showy. However he'd yet to see any real power displayed by his co-workers. "What kind of powers do your warriors typically have Vayne?" He asked, maybe if he could find out what to expect he could figure them out.

Edited by En'K'Haral

The woman's expression remained unreadable for a moment, then smiled smiled politely.

"Ah, I see. I don't believe I've seen you before? I thought your team was scheduled for Friday?" she asked, brushing her black hair out of her face. The child standing behind her quickly half disappeared behind her mother and pressed her face against the woman's leg when Dwain waved at her. She hid her face from him, slowly peeking out at him. The woman looked down.

"Jayden, go get grandpa, hmm?" she said softly. The little girl quickly looked up at her mother, and then darted away as soon as she'd glanced back at the strangers.

"Please, come in while you wait. My father will be down to talk to you shortly." she said opening the door wider. Upon stepping in, they would find themeselves within a rather large "room." It was very open, straight ahead were a pair of double door that lead somewhere unknown. To the right of the doors there was a spiral staircase leading to the second story. Above hung a beautiful chandler; could those stones be real? The the right of the entrance was a corridor while to the left they could see another pair of double doors. She gestured for them to follow her up the spiral stairs and into a room off to the side.

"Please leave your shoes at the door if you could."

Within the room, it was lavishly docorated waiting room. There was a deep blue cough resting against the northern wall. On either side were more chairs-dark red, a lighter blue, and a black-with ottomans at the foot. Another couch was faced in the opposite direction so that the two were facing each other. There was a fireplace in the room in which a fire was burning. A mirror framed in gold hung above and on the ledge stood different figurines. There were a couple windows in the room that looked out over the back of the estate. Glass cases lined the room; they held different a things from old weapons to newish looking statues. There was no sign of the orb.

A moment later, the little girl ran back in and quietly skipped over to her mother.

"Papa's coming." she said before wandering over to the oak desk near the east wall. She climbed up into the huge chair.

"May I ask exactly what this is for?" The woman asked.

At that moment, a man dressed in black pants, black shirt, light grey sweater, and loafers entered the room. He looked to be roughly in his 50s, they grey in his hair only starting to show now. He seemed decently well fit. He was wearing thin-wire framed grasses. Overall, he fit the roll of professor rather well.

"And who might these two be, Teressa?" he asked in a rather deep voice.

((I'm curious, is this family extremely important? Or is there anything about them set in stone?))

((OOC: The Sommers family are the descendants of a feudal Lord who once put a sorceress to death, blaming the sorceress for tearing his family apart - however Faye is adamant in her belief that the sorceress was innocent, with the same certainty of belief that the Sommers family own the orb the was the source of her power. The orb is a family heirloom, and while it hasn't been established just what they know about the orb it is implied that they know it has it's own defenses and know that it is more than a pretty trinket, as the little girl did imply wanting to use it at school to help out Syth. They collect orbs made from all sorts of precious minerals and are big collectors indeed, quietly famous in their own circle of experts and admirers. They have a 'fake' orb locked away in case anyone comes asking about the orb.))

ON:

"Schedules changed I'm afraid ma'am," Faye replied. "But we were fortunate enough to be able to come and see you ahead of what was to be the proposed change, some three weeks from now. I didn't want to keep you waiting after the gracious acceptance of our invitation."

Following their hostess through the house Faye kept her wide, innocent smile and the limp in her leg, but inside something buzzed in her mind and her heart. The orb was here not too far away, and while she couldn't quite locate it's position she knew she could find it if given a little time and perhaps a few moments of silence. She hoped that they would not need to find that time, that perhaps this could resolved in a peaceful manner, but with no plan and no idea it was down to her and Dwain to go by instinct alone.

Faye was glad to have Dwain along for this.

Standing by the sofa Faye turned to look at their hostess, leaning on her cane with both hands as she did. "We're hoping that your knowledge and expertise in Wallace's history could help us further our understanding," she managed to get out before the older gentleman arrived. With a smile she once again introduced herself and Dwain to the newcomer.

OFF

- Post by Faye

Dwain followed the hostess through the mansion trying not to be overwhelmed by it's awesome. He'd never been in such a large home before, the very idea that people lived here was astounding to him. However his thoughts snapped back when the old man arrived and faye introduced him again. "Dwain, pleasure to meet you Mr. Sommers. As my collegue here is about to explain, research has connected this family with the archeological dig currently taking place." Dwain had some idea of what Faye had found but the reality was that Faye new best and would be able to explain best. If anything was misunderstood Dwain figured he could step in and clear things up.

(Just a heads up, I've lost all interest in roleplaying, and I won't be coming back to this thread most likely. Each and every one of you has been a dear friend to me, and I wish you the best with life.

Bye peeps.)

"Oh trust me I will definitely be getting some serious rest tonight." He said rather distractedly. His mind had shifted to his powers, what exactly could he do? The girl that Vayne had attacked could make fire which was pretty epic but very showy. However he'd yet to see any real power displayed by his co-workers. "What kind of powers do your warriors typically have Vayne?" He asked, maybe if he could find out what to expect he could figure them out.

"Abilities vary from warrior to warrior" said Vayne. "It is their hearts that decide how their power manifests. You do tend to be much stronger physically than the light warriors however, and lean towards powers of destruction and decay."

He looked out the window. How much longer would it take to get to the Temple?

(Argh failpost

Okay Ware. I'll delete your character sheets. All the best.)

"Hearts eh..." Eric said pensivly as they pulled up to the excavation site. Eric wasn't fond of the idea of soul searching for super powers. Still if he intended to face off with opponents who were aware of their abilities he would have to go through with it. Eric turned off and got out of the car. "Well we're here. If you were talking about solid gold then just a little would probably cut it, the people I'm talking too owe me anyways." Eric said to Vayne.

(Just a heads up, I've lost all interest in roleplaying, and I won't be coming back to this thread most likely. Each and every one of you has been a dear friend to me, and I wish you the best with life.

Bye peeps.)

((D= Bye, Wolves. ))

The woman had nodded and seemed satisfied with Faye's answer.

"Fair enough. The school did mention a possible change in scedules. I just thought perhaps the school would call ahead. No matter, your in luck, my father is still here." she had said as they had entered the room.

"Ah, I see. Well that is indeed an interesting question. Why the interest?" the woman asked inquisitively.

It was then that the man entered and Teressa answered, "A couple looking for information about the history of Wallace."

Mr. Sommers, for that was indeed who he was, smiled polietly.

"Mmm." he looked at each thoughtfully.

"Pleasure to meet you, Miss Faye, and Mr. Bester." he said holding out a hand to each.

"You mean the Temples, Mr. Bester? Exactly what do you wish to know? That subject is a vast one and I doubt you have a long time to talk about it. Those places are surrounded by lore and myth." he said, a small sliver of suspicion slipping into his tone.

Meanwhile, the little girl slipped out of her chair behind the desk and was now watching them from besides a bookshelf.

((Just to speed things up a wee bit I'm going to GM a bit here))

Vayne nodded and climbed out of the car once Eric had pulled up. Once Revan and Andriana had arrived he led his four warriors into the Temple. Once inside he felt the pull of another orb nearby, but its signal was still weak. Was it worth going after? He felt weary and his warriors already had an assignment in hand. He didn't want to drop the orb that was nearly in his grasp to hunt another.

On the other hand, if he could feel the orb then so could the brat. Was he willing to let the warriors or light claim this other orb? But if he obtained the one below the school then he would still have the advantage. He considered his options and decided to send his warriors to investigate in the morning. They needed to get their rest anyway.

Instead he led the way down to the treasure room, the greenish light illuminating the vast piles of gold stored here. Once again Vayne ignored the glittering mountains and went straight to the bones of his first warrior. He reached out and gently touched the helmet as though he was petting a dog.

"Take what you need and then go." he said over his shoulder.

((Bye Were... Hope all goes well with you.))

Max got out of the car and lazily walked towards the temple. She looked around and watched as the people did their work. The girl was always surprised to see no one noticing them but then again it must be one of Vayne’s abilities.

Already well inside the temple she could see that she led the others to where the treasure room was. This didn’t fancy her much, she wasn’t one of those girls that likes bling. Max instead went to Vayne’s thrown room where she summoned a piece of earth from the ground, creating a seat to sit on.

ON:

"It is the myths and legends that we wanted to talk to you about, sir," Faye said in the reverent tone that all academics used when in the presence of an acknowledged expert in a field, the bookish equivalent of a meeting a rock-star or screen legend. "Our digs have so far come across some amazing, unusual finds, and we've not been here that long and so our knowledge of Wallace is certainly lacking in comparison to your own. We've noted a very distinct pattern to a lot of the early civilisation finds that has now reached the point where we believe it to be more than simply coincidence, and before we proceed further I suggested it was best to speak to the expert in the field so we have an idea on where to go."

She shifted uncomfortably around the cane, a motion that wasn't entirely faked. "I hope I don't seem rude in asking to take a seat before we continue?" she asked the historian and his family, glancing at her ankle. "I'm afraid my body believes itself to be older than it actually is."

OFF

- Post by Faye.

Eric followed Vayne inside to the piles of gold. His greedy mind twitched at the sight and the thought of taking a bunch of gold for himself and never coming back played at the back of his mind. After all he now supposedly had powers, and on top of that this fool of a boy was going to let him just walk away with a ton of money. However his professional mind kicked in reminding him that he cut a deal. He was obligated to see it through. Eric bent over and claimed several handfuls, since cash didn't seem to be an issue with this guy. Stuffing the gold in his pockets since he doubted his wallet could hold the gold coins and the brief cases in his car were already full of product. Eric nodded to Vayne once he was done. "I'll see you tomorrow. This should be plenty to cover the costs. I'll take my cut from these piles once we get the orb." Eric said before leaving, he didn't want to waste time tomorrow so once he was back outside and in his car, he left for the gold traders. They would take the gold and give him back solid cash, a currency he could use. After that Eric went home to get some rest, tomorrow looked to be very busy indeed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dwain shook Mr. Sommers' hand his own grip lacking in firmness although the effort was certainly there. Faye explained what they were looking for, she had dodged the mention of the orb which Dwain thought was wise but too broad. "In regards to those patterns Faye mentioned, it's like pieces of a puzzle that are missing from the box. We hope to locate them in order to farther the research at the temples but as my colleague stated the collective knowledge the dig site has is rather lacking. However, our search has given us reason to believe that you may be able to help find at least one of those missing pieces. Mostly because of the Sommers family's long history in Wallace." Dwain said to Mister Sommers. His addition to Faye's statement was direct but maybe not as delicate as his comrade. Dwain looked over to Faye when she shuffled around her cane. He held out his arm for her to use as a support in case they weren't permitted to sit but that was unlikely.

Adriana had arrived shortly after Vayne, Max, and Eric. She had followed quietly, and watched as Eric had taken off with the money. When he he started to walk away,

"I have a acquaintance on the job right now. He should get back to me tonight, and I can get it done for less." she directed the comment to Vayne and glanced at Eric.

"Besides, I don't trust him." she said simply with a shrug.

"But whatever you decide. I have a job I need to take care of tonight if that's it?"

--

((I'm too tired to write up a decent post. I'll have to try when I get a free moment later...))

Revan tapped on his steering wheel impatiently. He had gotten caught up in traffic and was literally at a stand still, with other vehicles all around him. Twisting his left wrist slightly, he glanced at his watch. No doubt he was gonna be late... but in his current predicament there was little he could do that did not involve his powers.

By the time he had arrived there it was already near dark. Not even Eric's car could be seen. He sighed and decided to continue on home. If Vayne needed him, he could always send a text.

Edited by TotallyDrow

As Eric was leaving he heard Adrianna speaking to Vayne and mention him. It was clear by her words that she didn't like Eric but he was used to that. However she got his full attention when she mentioned that she already had someone on the job. Was she trying to compete with him in a show of resorces? Do I sense insecurity? He thought to himself with a tingeof delight. "Don't trust me? Heh heh, I stick to my contracts babe, it's just good business. However, I don't like wasting resorces." At this Eric turned out his pockets dumping the gold he had picked up for his little expidition he did keep some of it though, he still intended to prepare on the off chance that Adrianna couldn't deliver. "Since you can accomplish the same job for less and in less time there is no point in me adding excessive manpower. I'll see you lot tomorrow." He said as a final farwell for the night.

((technically was already gone but eh w/e.))

"I don't care which of you gets it done" snapped Vanye over his shoulder. "Just get it done."

He looked back down at the corpse sitting silent sentry before him. He had yet to move his hand from the helmet.

"Gold means nothing to me" he added in a calmer tone of voice. "Use as much or as little as you like. Just go."

((Thats what I thought, Enk. xd.png))

Adriana had been more or less testing the newest member and she payed attention to his every move. Besides that, she was competitive. Her husband could attest to that, if he wasn't missing. She picked out a few peices of gold when Eric dropped the ones he had taken.

"I don't trust many." she told Eric evenly. "That's something that's earned, sweetheart." she glanced at Vayne.

"Fine. I'll see who my contact found for the job."

With that, she too left. Soon she was on her bike and after that she quickly disappeared into the darkness.

--

((Ill edit for the Sommers))

With Eric and Adriana gone Vayne was left alone in the treasure room. He looked around at the vast glittering piles around him without much interest. How long had it taken his followers to amass such a fortune? True, they weren't all kind hearted men, but they believed in the cause...and him.

Had they tried to free him from the Temple when they realised what had happened? Had they searched for the orbs? Had they known to? Vayne thought back to the day of his imprisonment and thought what a blow it must have been for his forces for them to be abandoned like that. True, Delucin had been trapped as well, but what had become of those they had left behind? Had they continued to fight? Did they give up? Flee?

No. This room was a testament to the loyalty of those that had served him. They had known what one day he would return and perhaps find himself in strange times. The wishes and whims of humans changed everyday, but gold was always gold. They must have know he would need use of it.

The avatar of darkness turned his attention to the warrior that had stayed behind to guard the offerings. They had always quite liked him and had been quite fond of him. He had been the one to suggest the name 'Vayne' when he had existed so long without a real one. Vayne had laughed about the meaning behind it, but he had understood the intention. He had liked it long enough to hold it all this time.

Vayne crouched down before the corpse and smiled.

"Thank you. I will not fail you this time. I swear it."

He reached out to tidy the dead warrior up a little bit, tucked the remains of his clothes into place and re-adjusted the sword into a better position. He stood back up and left the room in quiet contemplation.

When he arrived back in the throne room he was surprised to find Max sitting alone in there.

"What are you still doing here?" he asked. "Are you not tired?"

Max tilted her head back when she heard Vayne’s voice. To her it almost sounded if he was annoyed by the fact that she was here but she wanted to know a few things. So far she had actually went along blindly into everything he wanted but she wanted to know the story behind it all.

“Boredom mostly.” She spoke looking in front of her once again. “I’m more of a night person besides a little talk between us couldn’t hurt.”

"Suit yourself" said Vayne.

He walked past Max and sat down on his throne. Sitting back he laid his head against the stone and closed his eyes. His body had very nearly healed from the fire earlier, but a few hours of rest would not hurt.