Fortune86

Close Please ~ Died

Revan pointed towards an electronic signboard near the train gantry, on the screen were a list of names stating the train arrival and departures for each station. He located the proper train line and glanced at the time's listed.

"5-7 minutes... and the one after that 12-14 minutes from now..." stated Revan

As Revan said that, the sound of several train doors shutting could be heard as the current train began to depart for the next station.

Edited by TotallyDrow

Adriana nodded an acknowledgement to Eric.

"Pleasure I'm sure." she said casually. Her gaze fell to Revan, he was the only one who hadn't already given her their name. ((I believe Adriana has met Max?))

The woman looked back at her phone before pocketing it.

"The kid is correct." Adriana commented almost off-handedly as she glanced down the tracks.

"But I suggest we make a decision. Anything could change if we wait too long."

((Natalya: Did our team leader die again?))

Dwain's words didn't bring any comfort to the girl. She still frowned and had a sick feeling in her stomach. Nonetheless, she gave her elder teammate a small smile.

"I suppose so. Now will you let go of me!" she swatted him away, using the wall to support herself as a dizzy spell hit her. She ignored it and acted as if nothing was wrong. The young woman made shooing motions at Dwain,

"Get! Faye will be waiting. As much as I'd like to come search for this new orb, it seems I'll be staying here. And no, I'm not as dumb as I look." she shot him a mock expression of annoyance.

((Vayne: Delucin abandoned you all again? *evil smirk*))

Vayne wandered a little away from his warriors as they started to introduce themselves to each other. His attention was focused on the large screens suspended from the ceiling. After a few minutes he worked out that they displayed the train times and destinations. Humans truely loved having information at their finger tips. And why not? Knowledge was power and power a key to survival.

His face fell with that thought and he stared down at the floor. Vayne clenched his fists hard enough to make his fingernails stab his palms. He would survive no matter what.

A woman's voice annouced that the train was departing. Shaking his head to clear his thoughts Vayne turned back to his warriors, ignoring the thin trails of blood on his hands.

"Max? Lead the way."

((Yeah they did meet Vang... Adriana and Max was there when Vayne gave Revan's power.))

Max nodded and started heading towards the tunnel they should be. She sneaked them through a couple of doors in order for them to skip the payment stalls and to reach the tunnel without being caught. Her usual route she took. At that same moment the next train arrived entering the building from the other side coming to a halt at the platform.

Max took a few moments to see if the train was stationed before heading down the steps at the tunnel. She followed the narrow railing counting as she passed the door couple of doors. At the sixth door she stopped looking back at the train. It was still stationed which was good, opening these doors while a train passes is a big problem. She had to learn that the hard way once. Opening the door quickly she looked inside and took note that only one of the lights were flickering in the narrow hallway.

“Come on get in. Just follow it down until you reach a large kind of boiler room thing.” Max said as she looked at the others and kept an eye on the train.

Vayne followed closely after Max, although he was taken back when he first saw the train. It looked like a long series of large grey boxes, although through the glass panels he could see several dozen humans inside. Some of them were sitting, while others were standing and holding onto loops suspended from the ceiling. He wondered how fast something so large could move.

He wanted to investigate further, but it would have to wait. Once he had the orbs and had dealt with Delucin he would have all the time he wanted.

Vayne turned away from the train and entered the narrow hallway Max had opened a door too. It was dark and murky in here, only one of the electrical lights flickering on and off into existence. The drak was no issue for him though, so he ploughed on ahead.

"How far is to the ground under the school?"

ON:

"Fear is good. Fear keeps you sharp, keeps you clever, and keeps you alive," Faye said from behind the pair; she had stayed a few moments at the entrance of the temple before following the pair in, and Delucin's domain had allowed her to keep up with her Warriors. She moved over to Natalya, rested her cane against the wall beside the girl, and then gathered her into a hug. "Don't worry about running," she whispered in her ear. "It shows you were thinking clearly. You didn't need to fight him, you didn't know what you could do, and I would rather you ran."

Releasing her younger companion she smiled and squeezed the girl's shoulder. "Now, let's get you inside," she said as she picked up the cane and moved to the doorway. She looked it up and down, closed her eyes, then simply pushed on the doors. They gave way to the Avatar's chosen ones, revealing Delucin's domain. "We'll help you in, then we'll leave," Faye smiled as she turned to face Natalya once more. "And don't argue with your teacher on this one."

OFF

- Post by Faye

((Eventide does not have an ooc.

Kk, I thought so.))

Adriana glanced at the two boys, "Allons-Y..." ((*shot*)) she said softly. The woman looked both ways as she took the first step across the track. She stayed to Vayne's left and didn't miss a step.

---

Natalya "jumped" when Faye suddenly appeared. The girl hadn't noticed the woman before then. Natalya pursed her lips together. Faye's words put her at somewhat more at ease, but she still disliked feeling like a failure. She knew they didn't think of her like that...maybe it was because of what had happened to Syth. The girl was surprised when Faye gathered her into a hug. After a moment, she hugged her friend back nodding in acknowledgement.

"But Syth...I was angry. My control over fire ceased, I wanted Vayne to die but at the same time I couldn't do so." she whispered softly as Faye pulled away and squeezed her shoulder.

Natalya's expression was one of emotional turmoil, but her countenance softened when her elder smiled.

"But..." she started to say, then she trailed off. The youngest relaxed slightly and smiled back wearily. She nodded in compliance and then shuffled after Faye.

"Find Syth after you track down the orb... Please?" she asked quietly.

Revan followed closely behind the others, barely making a sound. Truth be told he just wanted to get this over and done with, with as little fuss as possible. Whilst the darkness was not an issue for Revan, the heat and the foul smell within the tunnel was causing some slight discomfort.

Dwain chuckled and let Natalya go when she swatted him away. "Well if you insist." He stated as she used the wall for balance. He too was a little surprised when Faye spoke up, he had forgotten that she had followed them in. He stood quietly by as the leader of the group comforted Natalya. "Ah." Was all Dwain had to say on the matter with the doors. At least he knew now.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Eric followed Max and the others through the back ways into the tunnels. His hands were stuffed into his pockets and he seemed very relaxed about every step. Once they were downstairs it became very dark. Eric couldn't see all that well in the dark but he could make out the others so he would just follow them. he fiddled with his knife a little bit once they were in the tunnel, it was a kind of habit.

ON:

"We'll do what we can," Faye assured Natalya as they helped her into Delucin's sanctuary. She turned to Dwain once the young girl was settled and nodded to the door. "Shall we?"

OFF

- Post by Faye

After a few minutes if walking Vayne came to a fork in the tunnel. He studdied the four potential paths in turn before settling on the utmost right. The trail of the orb from the school was very feeble, but it felt strongest down that one. It was also the only tunnel without any working lights, stretching out into pure darkness.

Vayne strode down it without so much as a backwards glance, following the weak aura of the orb.

“Twenty minutes or so.” Max stated as she notice Vayne lead the way. He must be sensing the orb or something she thought to herself as she followed him in the darkness. “It’s a long walk seeing that this was going to be part of the vent system or something.” She spoke touching the wall feeling several of the pipes that have been laying there for ages now.

The air was starting to get stuffy and a smell of dampness filled her nose, which she found a bit hard to breathe in. She couldn’t remember these smells or stuffiness which started to make her wonder if something in the passage have changed.

The orb's presence grew slightly stronger as Vayne and his warriors walked down the dark tunnel. Rats and other vermin could be heard scurrying around, but Vayne ignored them. Animals never bothered him, although he knew many humans feared different kinds of them.

Due to the broken lines in time Vayne couldn't tell how long it actually took to reach the land under the school, but there was a point where he could sense the orb much clearly. He stopped and stared at the metal and concrete above his head.

"Here" he said out loud. "I can feel it here. I can not make out the depth though."

So the orb was burried somewhere between the school and this piping system. That was something at least, but it meant they still had at least half a mile of earth to search through.

If I'd known we'd be underground with no light I would have brought a flashlight or something. Eric was using the wall for guidance since he couldn't see too feet in front of him anymore. Leave it to the kids to find the darkest possible path and say it was right.

"Here. I can feel it here. I can not make out the depth." Came the voice of Vayne and Eric stopped. "I'm amazed you can make out anything at all in this pitch-black tunnel. Give me a second to get my lighter." Eric fiddled around with his pockets until he found the disposable lighter. There were a few failed clicks and then a small flame came into life. It wasn't much but for Eric it was better than nothing. With the small orb of light he could make out the silhouettes of the others again. "Now where did you say it was?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Indeed we shall." Dwain said moving out of the sanctuary again. "Take care Delucin, Natalya. We'll be back before long, hopefully with good news." He said leading the way out of the temple.

"I have no need for light to see" Vayne explained.

He pointed up at a giant slab of concrete above his head. It was frustrating. He could feel the orb, in the same way one could tell if it had snowed in the night without looking.

"Up there. I can sense it. I just can not tell where."

He scowled in annoyance and looked around at his warriors.

"Can we dig up towards it?"

Adriana had been following rather quietly and she watched equally as quiet. She took a step forward and took a closer look at the slab he referred to. She placed her hand on the surface and concentrated momentarily. There had to be earth between them and the orb, or so she hoped. Perhaps she could try to focus on the earth around the orb if there was any. A look of concentration flashed across her face, and the tunnel started to tremble. A few moments later, Adriana took a step back. She shook her head, "There's earth around here but it's contaminated. I think I may have located the orb, but I can't be certain. And whatever it is, it would be a bit of a risk to try to get it. That and it's rather far away.

((Let me know if that's ok.))

Natalya frowned as she watched the two leave. She turned as the doors closed and glanced around looking for Delucin. Not seeing him, she walked toward the throne(chair?) and sat down at the foot. She leaned back against the side and took a breath. She lean her arms against her knees and rested her head against Delucin's chair. She closed her eyes and started to drift off before she knew it.

((Ware: What if Syth ran into Natalya's mother?))

Edited by evangeline5432

”I don’t know much about this structure. I only know how to get into the school from here that’s all.” Max spoke looking up at the pitch black ceiling. “I think a bit of research will be needed here. We don’t want some kind of cave in nor do we want to attract attention from the outside.” She then turned to Vayne waiting to hear what he has to say.

Vayne bit his lip as he thought, a move that made him truly appear as the boy he was masquerading as. Adriana could sense the orb too, but getting to it would be difficult without alerting others to their moves. They couldn't just dig around blindly unless they wanted a chunk of the town to fall in around them. That would cause some commotion.

He lowered his head and stared at the ground. What should their next course of action be?

"You humans have become very clever since my imprisonment. You have built and created so much, but you could not have done so blindly. You have tools to guide you."

Vayne looked up and stared at the four warriors in turn.

"How do you go about constructing tunnels underground?"

ON:

Faye led the way out of the cave, her cane's end barely making contact with the ground as she strode confidently through the near-darkness. Only a small ball of flame in her left hand provided them with the light to see, and as they left the safety of the hidden passageway to Delucin's temple and reached the lights set up by the excavation team she clenched her fist. The flames disappeared and she slowed down, the cane now back to being a supportive device in case any of the night shift were around.

"Back to the house then," she said softly to Dwain as they reached the cool night air and headed towards her car. "As we said, combat is our last option, but if you have any ideas now as to how we can secure the orb off them - if indeed they have it - I would be open to suggestions."

OFF

- Post by Faye

"That's a question for engineers. Although as I understand it the arching shape is important." Eric stated while staring up at the slab. "I'm sure if we could find an engineer or at least a student in engineering we could figure ask them a few questions about digging through a tunnel without damaging it." He stated returning his attention to the rest of the group.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dwain shrugged, he was a librarian and a relatively nice guy, not a negotiator. "Sorry but I don't have anything solid. Unless we come up with a plan I say we be polite and talk a lot about the research we...you did making sure that it's clear that we are interested in the orb that we um...'believe' they have. If all goes well they should be willing to show it to us and confirm weather or not they have the orb at all. From there I guess we could beg for it to be a donation to the dig. If they're into that kind of stuff I'm sure we could get the press in there get them some fame and glory. City nobles donate sphere to archeological dig, that kind of stuff." He said running over scenarios in his mind. "Before you say anything about the press, let me emphasize that by the time news hits reel the orb will be in the temple of dawn and Vayne won't be able to do thing one about it. Of course that is assuming all goes well." He concluded climbing into Faye's car. In the plan he had shared effectively translated into "Wing it."

((The scary thing is in the Table tops I played recently, 'Winging it' has proven to be the most effective plan out there.))

Edited by En'K'Haral

“Adriana don’t you have some contacts in the architect business? You know seeing that you are in the force or something.” Max spoke scratching her head. “Plus something is a bit off here as well. Here is some smells that isn’t the same as the last time I was here. Here might be a leaky pipe somewhere. If we dig up something and damage the structure further then that could also be lethal.”

((OOC: Winging it is my default setting! -KM))

ON:

As Dwain closed the door Faye smoothly brought the car out of its parking space and out to the darkening roads around the dig site, heading back into the city once more. "From what I read about the family they are massive hoarders; orbs have become central to their family history and they have amassed a heck of a collection. I wonder if they even know why..." she mused as they drove. "I can't imagine that they think the original orb does indeed hold power, but legends always have a grain of truth somewhere in the middle, and if they've held the orb since those days then who knows." She sighed; having Natalya along for the trip certainly would have helped, but with her recuperating in the temple and now the added stress of what had happened to their wayward lamb...Faye put Syth out of her mind for the time being. One task at a time.

OFF

- Post by Faye

((Yeah winging it is totally the best. tongue.gif ))

"If their hoarders, then that trait could be a problem." Dwain murmured pensively. Hoarders were people who acted like pack rats, keeping every scrap of whatever they had. "Let's hope it's not as bad as the books say. It will be tricky enough to get them to part with an heirloom as it is, more so if they're bad hoarders." If they still had it it would be an heirloom, people don't keep that kind of thing over the generations for nothing, even if they were hoarders.

Revan leaned back against the wall and raised a hand to his mouth. Covering his yawn he listened to the others as they spoke. He hadn't a clue how his abilities would come in handy in this situation.

Seeing as how little progress was being made, Revan pushed himself off the wall and approached the others. "Max.. can't you use your earth powers to... i dunno.. sense for objects within the earth?... or perhaps just hold the earth up while we dig or something.." he said, looking upwards.."... and if the earth begins to crumble around us.. well.. we will deal with that when it happens.."