Fortune86

Close Please ~ Died

((*nom...pitter...nom...patter...nom*

Sorry for the absence, hit the wall...so to speak.))

Dwain nodded hearing that Faye could handle herself. "I'll do what I can." He said standing up. "I think this might be better, Natalya is closer to him but she can't leave school. Faye seems to be on to something and switching her out when with me would be risky since I might not have the same intuition when I look over her work." He scratched down his phone number on a scrap of paper and handed it to Faye. "What is Syth's address?" He asked the same question in thoughtspeak to the others through Del.

((Okay Ware. I'm going to remove Shric too. I don't really want to, but we need our warriors to stay fairly active.

Does anyone from the Light side want a Darkness warrior?

Vang? Did Adriana get Vayne's text?))

((Yes. I remember writing to Phoebes player back before I went MIA myself because she'd been missing so long and they said they'd post soon, but I don't think that ever happened))

Delucin tried to connect to Syth automatically when presented with this question, but again he was blocked.

So he relied on his memory instead. He had been in Syth's head a few times when his warrior was home.

Delucin told Dwain all that he knew. ((which is as much or as little as you want it to be))

Faye, let me know as soon as you have anything concrete, please.

((Oh and any idea where we want to place the next orb?))

Dwain nodded when he recieved the information from Delucin. Alright thanks Delucin. "Faye I'm heading out, this is my phone number contact me if you need anything." He said to her indicating the piece of paper with his number written on it. Dwain stood up straight and left the area to get his bike and look for Syth. the directions were kinda vague but Dwain figured he nknew the town well enough to figure it out.

((The top of the radio tower is a tempting idea but how would a millenia old artefact have come to end there?

On a different topic - I think a Syth post would be in order now biggrin.gif))

(Soon I promise, I'm heading back home today.

Provides better reception?

Edit: I have to write a big block of text :\)

Edited by warewolves

ON:

"Thank you," Faye replied softly, taking the phone number from Dwain as he left. With the current issues now at the 'wait and see' stage, Faye took the book and walked over to a nearby comfy-chair that was but a few paces from their research. Walking cane by her side she settled down and looked once more at the book in her hands; it tingled, a warm sensation that gave her a sense of certainty that this book was something she needed to read, that within it contained information that was vital to her. A few days ago she would have questioned and potentially ignored the feeling, but now...now she couldn't help but think there was a reason for this.

Legs curled up beneath her, Faye considered the book; a collection of folklore and old wives' tales from the Wallace region, green covered faded by age and yet the spine barely creased. A book kept because it was cruel to burn them, not for it's literary value. And yet was this not the most logical place to start? She was trying to find a magical orb after all, and she highly doubted they would all be buried underground for millennia - thus far they had been incredibly easy to locate, as if they were simply baubles that had been sprinkled over Wallace liberally. To think that these ancient artifacts, so rare and powerful, were just sitting around as if they were pointless trinkets...

Snapping off that train of thought Faye considered all four hundred pages of the tome before her; not an insurmountable challenge, but certainly half a day's reading. Half a day on a hunch. Faye sighed, looked up, shrugged, and closed her eyes. Without thinking she simply opened the book, let it settle on a page, then opened her eyes and began to read.

...and before her very eyes the man did stand, his lame and crippled legs no longer a twisted mess of flesh and bone but instead fresh and new. The man could hardly believe his eyes as he gazed upon the sorceress, who simply smiled and said, "Walk, my friend, and know freedom." With awe and fear radiating from his weathered features he took to his feet, and as steady as a newborn foal he made his way towards the market.

The maid looked to this enchantress, so simple and yet so elegant in her robe, the orb in her hand no longer glowing. "So the stories are true," she breathed as the sphere dimmed.

"Not all of them," the sorceress replied with an enigmatic smile, returning to the orb to a pouch under the folds of her robe...

Faye could scarcely believe her eyes. Yes, it was folklore, a myth, legend...but those simple paragraphs had validated her instincts, and the similarities were far too close. She glanced at the sleek black cane beside her, an item she was unlikely to ever need again as a walking aid for, and remembered the orb she had delivered to Delucin's sanctuary. No, this was something. Something so very important. Leafing through the book to the start of this particular story, her heart pounding in her chest, Faye began to read.

OFF

- Post by Faye

Syth was currently perfectly absolutely irresputedly F-I-N-E. He had everything he needed in his house.

"So kids, as you can possibly see by the way this peice bends, gravity works! Though you may not, I mean there are bazillions of people who still think the world is flat, can you beleve that? What's that Chubaka? Speak english or you'll get detention. No Delucin you cannot utterly and most definitely not have a potty break. Vayne do not call Fayte a 'meanie nasty big oopy head with poopie spwinkles', yes even if it is true young man." Syth continued talking, his eyes closed and his mouth moving as he taught his class. Around him where he only saw a classroom was pizza eveywhere, including the cardboard. The 'kids' were pizza, the desks were pizza, everything was pizza. Syth blinked, and then turned to three big piles of pizza.

"So Delly Delly Delucin, I-I have this idea you see. Call me crazy but I dunno, maybe I am a little crazy, you see I lost my job for doing nothing wrong! Nothing! I know Natalya, anarchy will reign now. Know the funny thing, you will find this halariouls, rol on fwoor laugfin. You see, the kids-" he ckocked back a laugh.

"The kids hated me too!" With that Syth broke into manianical laughter before going over to the second one.

"Vayne Vayne, I know yer a powerfull serious bugger, but ya ever think maybe a little credit would be nice mr 'read minds'? Ok that can wait, the big picture. Must remember zat. Here's ze idea, you two stop this childs squabble and realise black and white are needed! Work together! try to compromise! Maybe longer lifez I unno I'm noh a god but jezus do you have to drag teenagers into a life and death struggle eachz time you are bloomin having an artgument. I-Ive read ze history book, really really old onez. They tell of a battle between ya two I tink. I can't remember I'm feeling a litle tired..."With that, Syth colapsed onto the pile of pizza, out cold.

((Lolz better reception xd.png))

Dwain had rushed out of the library to his bike and using Delucin's directions began searching out Syth's house. He was genuinely worried, he hadn't actually seen or heard from Syth since the meeting and when Syth left he hadn't been in the best of spirits, tack on loosing his job and being out god knows how much money on some godforsaken pizza. Dwain could practically smell disaster on the horizon. Dwain had seen students in similar situations, granted they didn't get fired but the stress would be about the same and well, Syth didn't seem like the type to handle stress well.

Dwain panted while he rode his bike having found the street Syth lived on at last. "Some...where....around here....hooo, god I'm tired." He muttered to himself. He stopped to rest trying to recall the image of Syth's front door that Delucin had given him. He managed to bring it back to the forefront of his mind and figure out the number for Syth's home. Looking around he spotted the matching number just a little farther down when someone honked at him from behind. "Come on let's go your in the middle of the road!" "Sorry." Dwain called back and pulled himself off to the side as the aggravated driver drove past him. Dwain biked over to Syths house, leaving his bike on the lawn he walked up to the front door and knocked sharply on it. "Syth are you home?"

Edited by En'K'Haral

((Well I am looking forward to that conversation.

Ware, thanks for your input, but I've decided to opt for a different idea. I fear radio towers are rather standarsized. ))

((Vang? Did Adriana get Vayne's text?))

((I think I missed that...))

(mmk)

Syth's voice came though, and he stumbelled up, knocking voer Natalya as he righted himself and made sure he was presentable.

"I'm coming, just give me a moment!" He opened the door just enough to allow him to get through without revealing the inside of the house, closing it behind him and turned around to see Dwain.

"Oh hello Dwain, Is something the metter?" He quickly brushed Delucin's mind, seeing there was no worry or panic he withdrew quickly back behind his wall.

'Syth? Syth! No! Don't block me out again!'

Delucin wished there was something he could throw against the wall. For a little moment he had had a connection to Syth, but it had been cut almost as quickly as it had come.

'I am not sure he's thinking clearly.' He told Dwain and sent the a glimpse of the confusing picture he had had when Syth brushed his mind. A classroom full of talking pizza with the pictures of children superimposed over them. One of those children was Delucin himself, another one (to his not so little unease) was the face Vayne was wearing these days.

Edited by Laura-Lana

Dwain heaved a sigh, Syth seemed ok but maybe it was just a front. "Truth be told, yeah something is the matter. We've been worried sick about you. I understand you've had a rough go figured you might like someone to talk to, so I came here. The others are actually very worried too but are tied up with business." Dwain explained to Syth. He stuffed his hands in his pockets and relaxed. "So are you ok? I don't know everything you've been through thus far but from what little I have seen I sure as hell wouldn't be ok if I were in your shoes." He said calmly to the teacher, he meant it too.

"I think I can get this Delucin. Just give me some time alone with him, help the others I'll try my best with Syth on my own." Dwain thought to Delucin.

((you ninja'd me xd.png))

Edited by En'K'Haral

Syth paused, and glanced to the sky, thinking how pizza was a very nice colour, and pepperoni cluds just helped the image. Returning his gaze to Dwain he paused and shrugged.

"Truth be told, I'm not ok, I lost my job and I need to find a new one before I am out of money, which will be in a few days the way things are going. But It's fine, I've found someone who is willing to interview me for an entry position, so if I'm lucky I'll be back and working soon, apologise to Delucin for me, but this has to take priority."

((Sorry))

'Very well. I know if anyone will be able to reach him it will be you.'

Delucin checked in on the others but they seemed to be able to do just fine on their own.

The avatar wandered over to the podest that held his flute and started playing for a while.

Then he wandered over to the mirror he had altered earlier and stared into it.

((It's ok though happy.gif DM's are allowed to Ninja as much as they want.))

"Out of money..what exactly have-nevermind it's not important." Dwain said unable to help himself but ponder what Syth had done to put himself in the hole. He did manage to catch himself and shift the topic into the not important file of his mind. "Yeah I'll let Delucin know that you can't participate until you get back on your feet. That said we do still need you so how about I help you practice for your interview and then we celebrate with drinks...unless Faye calls me in which case I need to go kick bad guy butt, but if that happens then we'll have drinks after for sure." He said cheerfully clapping Syth on the shoulder. It may have been true that Dwain had yet to win a fight with the Darkness warriors and it may have also been true that he didn't know thing one about butt kicking but he wasn't about to let that despirit him. Especially not when Syth here was in such a lousy mood and dire circumstances. "Come on let's get inisde and practice, you need to get a job ASAP so you can blow it off to fight evil." He was joking of course but some how that did seem to be what everyone was doing.

((I love futility of people jokes xd.png))

Syth listened this and winced when his sholder was slapped. If Syth was in the right fram of mind, he would have been dlighted. However, Dwain was proving to be an anoyance to Syth at this veyr moment, so he simply shook his head.

"No, you must help Delucin, I will be fine, I wa spractacing before you interrupted me. We need people looking for orbs, I'll be fine we don't need 2 men down."

(How about a very old tree with it hidden in its roots protected by a charm that is starting to fade that made it impossible to detect?)

Dwain frowned a bit but he couldn't come up with a reason to press the issue farther. He still wanted to respect Syth's space after all. "Well...alright. But at least take my number in case you need anything, I mean your not just another warrior to us. At least to me I would like to think of you as a friend and I watch out for my friends." He said pulling out another scrap of paper and scratching his number down on it before holding out to Syth.

ON:

Faye closed the book slowly and stared up into nothingness, the faintest of smiles tugging at her lips as she held the precious book in her hands. It was an old fairy-tale, the sort found all over the world; a kind sorceress reveals her secret one to many times, the paranoid Lord of the land has her put to death and the source of her power locked away. And yet when read through the eyes of a Warrior of Light it took on an entirely different meaning.

What if the fight between Light and Dark had never finished, despite the imprisonment of the Avatars? People born who could naturally access those powers? Or just the right person to find an orb? Had Merlin simply been a potential Warrior who had found one of these rare artifacts? Was Rasputin a representative of Darkness who had gone too far? Faye considered the young lady in the story and the powers she was supposed to have possessed, powers that Natalya now had. Maybe it was a myth, but to Faye there was more than enough there to make it fact; it had been made so clear that an orb wa the source of her power, an orb that sounded much like the one Faye had herself handled.

Getting to her feet Faye automatically snatched up the cane and limped over to the bookshelves before her. Dwain had set them up in the section that dealt with the history of Wallace, and she was certain that everything they needed to find not one but many orbs would be here. And now she knew where to start with one.

Sure hands plucked a book off the shelf, and excited eyes began to read.

OFF

- Post by Faye

Syth took the number and gve a nod.

"Course I will Dwain, don't you wory about me." He glanced to his hand to see he was missing a watch and frowned before shurgging.

"Well I should head off to the interview. IT was nice seeing out" He smiled and if Dwain started walking off, he began to wave.

Max sat dozing in her seat as the teacher continued with his lecture about something. She wasn’t really paying much attention since the lesson was more of a recap than something new. Fiddling with her necklace was the only way for her to actually stay awake enough in class before she really fell asleep. Maybe I should go home for the day so that I have enough energy for tonight she though as she saw the teacher scribbling something on the board.

Edited by DragonSpirit009

After what felt like another thousand years Vayne's class finally ended. Relieved that the monotany was over Vayne got to his feet and started to walk towards the door. It would be a couple of hours yet before sundown, but he could at least canvass the area. His stride was interuppted when a girl stepped into his path blocking his way.

"Hey" she said, smiling. "I'm Jenny. You're new around here right? I was wondering if you wanted to hang out."

Vayne looked at her a little taken back by her request. She had bright green eyes, freckles and curly red hair. She was quite attractive by human means, but Vayne had no interest. He was about to dismiss her when a thought struck him.

"Of course" he said. "That would be great."

The girl grinned and moved to walk beside him. Vayne smiled at her and they entered the corridor together. She could be very useful.

Dwain still wasn't really convinced but Syth seemed so intent on being alone he couldn't push the matter farther. He gave Syth a smile when the man accepted his number and headed to his bike waving back at Syth. Delucin, he says he is going to be ok and that he has an interview lined up. But, based on what you and the others have told me I'm still really worried. If there is something eating at him, i don't think its just the meeting and the loss of his job. Dwain thought to Delucin as he picked up his bike and climbed onto it. He looked to Syth one last time. "Are you absolutly sure there is nothing you want to talk about?" He asked Syth ernestly, Dwain didn't want to leave feeling like something could have been done but hadn't.