Fortune86

Close Please ~ Died

“Well it’s a bit hard to explain since it doesn’t seem like you know how most things work but basically what it does it goes on at night and if anything moves that shouldn’t move the alarm goes off. If you want to know more there must be a couple books about them here somewhere.” Max spoke relaxing back in her seat.

A device that could detect things that were not supposed to move? It sounded a little confusing to Vayne but the seeds of understanding what Max meant had formed. No doubt he would be able to learn the exact purpose of these 'sensors' before long. Besides, they had other things to concern them.

Vayne turned back to Max and Revan.

"How do we access this path under the school?"

"Don't ask me... this is the first time I'm hearing about this..." replied Revan at Vayne's inquiry. He turned to look over at the clock on the wall, its position just above the check out counter. Glancing down from where the clock was, he noticed one of the librarians glaring right at the three of them, her spectacles just managing to cling on at the edge of her nose.

Revan turned his head away immediately back to Max. "Well.. your the only one out of the three of us with info about these tunnels... how do we get access them?"

“From the train station. That’s why it’s such a long walk. The other entrances…” Max spoke kind of innocent. “Caved in for some reason.” She finished with a whisper. It wasn’t completely her fault after all, the area was old of course and they have been abandoned which meant little care to the area.

"Very well" said Vayne with a nod. "Then we will reconvene there tonight. I will meet you both when night has fallen."

He reached for his cell phone to contact the other warriors but when he pulled it out of his pocket one of the librarians came running over.

"You are not allowed to use cell phones in the library" she hissed snatching it from him.

Vayne was taken back in surprise.

"Why?"

"School rules. You may collect your cell phone at the end of the week. I shall keep it until then."

Nonplussed Vayne watched her walk away. If he had been in his true form no woman would dare talk to him like that. This youthful form was really starting to annoy him.

"Our leader...Defeated by the librarian..." muttered Revan who pushed his chair back and stood up. Slinging his bag over his shoulder he turned and began to walk away. Having no desire to spend more time then required in the library he exited through the doors and headed down the corridor heading towards a set of vending machines.

Max watched as the librarian took away Vayne’s phone, she could only shake her head. The school rule’s was becoming really ridiculous of late, trying to force students to use less phone cause they feel like its taking over our lives. Nonsense.

Max then watched as Revan walk away as if he didn’t have much care in the world. This only annoyed her, in fact everything about him annoyed her.

“When this is all over can I teach him a lesson or two?” she whispered to Vayne.

"You may do whatever you like" said Vayne getting to his feet. "I have always supported the human capicity to make their own decisions."

He started to follow Revan out of the library and to anyone watching closely that was all he did, although he did pause to read a poster cellotaped to the door.

Once he was standing out in the main corridor of the school he reached into his pocket and withdrew his cellphone. Getting back had been child's play. Unfortunately he did not have time to ring his other three warriors and alert them to that night's plans now.

"How do you send a text?" he asked Max.

((*twiddles thumbs and waits for one of her warriors to reply* Uh... question. I thought we had agreed to NOT be able to harvest the orb under the school for a while, so that Vayne will have to stay on the school? Has that changed?))

Dwain heard Natalya say she would go if no one else could and was about to volunteer himself but Faye stated that she needed him there. Dwain wanted to argue the case but Faye had a point and her face clearly stated that she wasn't a hundred percent sure, which meant it would better for him to stay and assist.

"I....agree with Faye, if you could go and check up on him when you have the chance Natalya that would be fantastic. I have to stay and help Faye, I think we may be on to something here." He thought to the group. There was a bit of hesitation but once he was passed it he sounded resolved.

((No one is getting the school orb yet, but it doesn't hurt for them to try and narrow down its location. As Vayne knows about it he isn't going to just forget it, out of fear the light warriors will beat him to it.))

Max stood up and followed Vayne leaving the library. Just as she wanted to go her own way he asked her how to send a text. She could only sigh inward slightly while took out her own phone.

“Look what I’m doing.” She spoke showing him her phone as she explained certain parts. Thou their phones are different but each phone had the same settings and buttons sometimes. Her lesson only took more or less five minutes before she put her phone away.

“You need anything else?”

((Good. And yes it makes a lot of sense. I was beginning to worry a little because that tunnel idea sounded like easy access))

' You seem hesitant, Dwain. Do you think Syth might be more likely to listen to you then to Natalya? I keep thinking of her as a woman grown, but to him she is a child, isn't she? Maybe it would be wiser if she helped Faye.

I'll ask Phoebe to follow up any rumors about the orb in the school."

((Since we don't need genuine progress in that regard it seems a good idea to park her there until her player is back. Though if she has been missing longer than me, we might have to replace her eventually))

Edited by Laura-Lana

"That will be all" said Vayne.

He turned away from Max and began to walk back towards his classroom, busy with his cell phone. He sent a text to each of his other warriors explaining their plans for that night. Just as he approached the door his cell phoned beeped, alerting him to a text.

Est had unfortunately been called out of town due to the nature of his work. He did not know when he would be able to return. Vayne hissed in dissapproval. This meant that his forces were a man down. Annoyed he returned to his seat and wondered if he should replace his first warrior.

A soft vibration emanated from within Revan's pocket, causing him to stop in his tracks. Reaching into his pocket with his free hand, he pulled out his phone and skimmed through the text message he had received. He grumbled slightly as he took note of the time, before returning the phone to his pocket.

He made a mental note to record the game he was going to miss.

Max stepped away from Vayne, she needed to go buy as soda or something, her throat was dry from all the talking. Quickly making her way down some of the corridors she reached the cafeteria. Approaching the vending machine she quickly made her choice and tossed the coins in, pressing the button, followed by the rolling sound of the released soda.

Max quickly opened it and started drinking, heading back to the class along the way. Just as she passed the principal’s office she remembered she still had some sort of detention to complete. Hopefully it will not interfere with getting the orbs back she thought to herself as she passed the office.

ON:

Faye looked to Dwain. Perhaps it was because she was so close in age to Natalya, but she had forgotten for a moment that as well as being younger than Syth she was also a student, and those invisible lines existed between the two - as they should with Faye. But her age and inexperience meant that the pupil-teacher boundary were not yet set in Faye's mind, and it was not uncommon for female teachers to form closer bonds with their teenaged female pupils anyway. Perhaps Dwain would indeed be the more appropriate choice, and as Faye looked again at the book in her hand she couldn't help but feel that, for now, she may not need the librarian's help to continue researching their next orb. If there was indeed a school-based orb it would be Natalya and Phoebe who could look into those rumours, Dwain could help Syth, and Faye could follow this...hunch?

"If you're happy to try and speak with Syth?" she asked the librarian. "I should be okay to carry on the research by myself while you tend to him, and he may respond better to you. He was a little belligerent down the phone to me, so I may not be the best to speak to him in person at this point."

OFF

- Post by Faye

Edited by Kestra15

Shortly after Vayne had returned to his classroom the next lesson began. This one was about the English language and revolved around a poem. As Vayne sat and glumly listened to the teacher talk about the poet's work he thought that Delucin would rather enjoy this. He was always more into this kind of thing than Vayne.

Vayne sighed and scribbled some notes down in his workbook. There had been a time when he and Delucin were closer than brothers, but now things were different. They were enemies. He wondered if Delucin understood how much suffering he wrought.

Revan headed down the corridor, the opposite direction from where his next lesson was being held. He had no intention of enduring his least favorite subject; geography and had decided to 'skip' it instead. It would not have been the first time he skipped a lesson and it was less then likely that it would be the last.

He exited through one of the side doors of the school and headed towards where his car was. The back seats would provide a good enough make shift bed for him to take a nap in. Afterall after the previous night he didn't really get much sleep.

Max walked down the corridor entering her class still with her soda in hand. Just taking her seat the teacher walked in and soon a new lecture started. It was only a few minutes after the lecture started she noticed that Revan wasn’t there. Usually she would ignore if someone skipped class but this was Revan after all.

“Excuse me sir.” Max spoke raising her hand.

“Yes Maxine.”

“I believe Revan is skipping class again Sir. I doubt it is fair to punish one student while another gets ways with it.” Max spoke smiling. She was referring to her previous skipping class where she got detention for it. She is just merely pointing out that action to this misbehaviour should be taken.

“Uh… Yes Maxine. Thank you for noticing thought its not like you to do this.” The teacher spoke sighing slightly as he wrote Revan’s name down.

“Oh sir I’m trying to turn a new leaf here forgive me if it troubles you.” She spoke smiling.

“Um yes.” The teacher spoke a bit baffled by what is happening but continued his lesson

Revan entered the the car, placing his bag on the passengers seat. Rather then sitting down, he merely leaned in as he turned on the ignition and the radio, before stepping out and entering the back. Locking the door, he made himself comfortable along the back seats as music played on in the background.

His phone was set to go off just before this period ended.

((It's been nearly two months since Shric last posted D: I suppose I should be looking to replace them. Ware? Are you going to do anything with Penny or do you want to focus on Syth? If I need two new warriors I'd rather try and get them both together.

Laura? Anyone on your side been absent too long?))

Vayne sat and listened in half-interested boredom. It was frustrating that there was an orb so close but that he had to wait to try and obtain it. While he was stronger than any human, even in this weakened state, if he was to be revealed he could find himself outnumbered and overwhelmed. He would have to wait until more of his power had been released.

It wasn't long before the lesson drew to a close. Vayne hoped that the next one would be more stimulating, but to his dismay it turned out to be art.

With an exasperated sigh he leaned forward and gently hit his head against the desk in front of him.

Natalya listened to the three quietly as they talked. Finally, after they had each had a bit to say, Natalya spoke up.

I've been a friend to Syth for a little while, but if Dwaine feels he should talk to Syth I would welcome it. Either way, I am off to my next class. she said getting up as the first bell rang. With that, she made her way to the next designated class and sat down.

~

((Adriana: *mutter*

I can go poke Shric. <<

I know it's been at least five months at least since Pheobe last had a post...))