TJ09

2011-12-14 - 2011 Holiday Event

if i missed the first 2 days i cant get those days decorations? sad.gif

if i missed the first 2 days i cant get those days decorations? sad.gif

You can only get a set of decorations if you click on their story on the day it is released.

After that it is too late.

wow, the Polar Express!!! it's the first story I'm familiar with smile.gif great interpretation!

the bow on my wreath-badge, yay xd.png

and I really do love the blue decorations. haven't yet used them on my wreath though. I wonder if we'll ever get something of pink colour or is it not enough Christmasy. pink is my favourite colour biggrin.gif I think it'll go perfect with blue smile.gif

really? interesting. i've never watched or read(?) the polar express so this is quite new to me XP

i'm surprised u aren't familiar w/ Ebeneezer Scrooge though o:

really? interesting. i've never watched or read(?) the polar express so this is quite new to me XP

i'm surprised u aren't familiar w/ Ebeneezer Scrooge though o:

frankly speaking I've never heard even a mentioning of Ebeneezer Scroog D: maybe it's because we don't celebreate Christmas in Russia as popularly as it's celebrated in US or some European countries, we celebrate New Year much. our Christmas os even dated differently, the 7th of January. as for the Polar Express - I've seen a movie (or was it a cartoon? actually my baby daughter wathed it but I got some glimpses of it and remembered it at once when started reading the story)

frankly speaking I've never heard even a mentioning of Ebeneezer Scroog D: maybe it's because we don't celebreate Christmas in Russia as popularly as it's celebrated in US or some European countries, we celebrate New Year much. our Christmas os even dated differently, the 7th of January. as for the Polar Express - I've seen a movie (or was it a cartoon? actually my baby daughter wathed it but I got some glimpses of it and remembered it at once when started reading the story)

oh, ok, i see o:

well, either way, at least ur experiencing the christmas spirit here biggrin.gif

as for the Polar Express - I've seen a movie (or was it a cartoon?)

It was an animated movie. smile.gif

It was an animated movie. smile.gif

Based on a picture book.

Chris Van Allsburg rules, I really need to find his stuff again. This story reminded me of his books for the first time in years xd.png

That animated movie was creepy as hell. The animation was too good to look cartoony, but not good enough to look real, so everyone just ended up looking...wrong.

That animated movie was creepy as hell. The animation was too good to look cartoony, but not good enough to look real, so everyone just ended up looking...wrong.

they used about 150+ motion capture points on actors faces to get the real moments for emotions. that is why their animation is so good.

I finally noticed the beautiful recolor of the water dragons.

For those who usually use the default site skin for your scroll, you might want to switch to portal for a few minutes just to look at the dressed-up sprites. Some of them show up so much better on portal.

Thank you for the tip.

I don't use the portal skin as I find white/blue text on a black background so hard on my eyes and difficult to read. But I'm glad I did change to see how even more awesome the dressed up dragons look - I saw tiny things I'd missed on the default back-ground. I just might keep portal for the duration of this event.

I've never seen The Polar Express, but I really enjoyed the story - so very moving. And blue ornaments for the wreath! Lovely.

I wonder if we'll have any more dragons joining in the dress-up festivities today?

I finally noticed the beautiful recolor of the water dragons.

For those who usually use the default site skin for your scroll, you might want to switch to portal for a few minutes just to look at the dressed-up sprites. Some of them show up so much better on portal

Your right<3

I see some of my dragons much better now

So no more dragons have dressed up since yesterday? I was expecting to find more today. Don't tell me that they have already done with decorations... ;_;

I really hope that until the Christmas day we'll see at least another one unsure.gif

I really love the silver Neotropicals, they look so shiny! I wish we could keep them <3

So no more dragons have dressed up since yesterday? I was expecting to find more today. Don't tell me that they have already done with decorations... ;_;

I really hope that until the Christmas day we'll see at least another one

I really love the silver Neotropicals, they look so shiny! I wish we could keep them <3

Yeah I really hope they arent dont decorating them<3 I would love to see a gold or silver get dressed up. Or some other dragons.

I've heard of A Christmas Carol and The Polar Express, but not the matchstick story ohmy.gif

Is everyone automatically entered in the raffle?

also, can anyone tell me what a BBW is? :L

It's my nub stupidity sad.gif

I've heard of A Christmas Carol and The Polar Express, but not the matchstick story ohmy.gif

Is everyone automatically entered in the raffle?

also, can anyone tell me what a BBW is? :L

It's my nub stupidity sad.gif

Maybe you have heard it as "The little matchstick girl", not just "matchstick".

Everyone is automatically entered in the raffle only when reading the story in it's release day.

And a BBW it's a Bright-Breasted Wyvern wink.gif

I must say, all of the dressed up sprites are lovely. Thank you to all the artists who contributed their time and hard working to this massive undertaking!

I must say, all of the dressed up sprites are lovely. Thank you to all the artists who contributed their time and hard working to this massive undertaking!

I wish my Bright-Breasted Wyverns would stay these colours

not to mention the horse dragons!

Edited by Mordeth

Majorly adorable all them dressed up Dragons, some i'd rather keep the way they look too!

Blue decorations are the prettiest to me so far! smile.gif I'm looking forward to seeing more.

there's a misspelled word in polar express. and i just love these can't what to see what the next story is.

there's a misspelled word in polar express. and i just love these can't what to see what the next story is.

Here it is: "How oculd I sleep, knowing that tonight would be the night I could catch a glimpse of Santa Claus?" x3

Love the Santa Claus dragon in The Polar Express. :3

EDIT: Also found this- "I could speak. All I could do was nod." :3

Edited by ab613

Oooh, just noticed that the wreath badges on our scrolls now have little ribbons on them. biggrin.gif Yay! It looks even better now!

My brother loves the Polar Express Movie, but he doesn't like the book. Now I have a version of the book that he'll love!